HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Preseason – Blue Jackets at Sabres – Wed Sep 25 – 7:00PM – TV: MSG-B – Radio: WGR-AM

Old
09-25-2013, 02:27 PM
Chippah
Tsssss

vCash: 500
Quote:
Projected Lineup (10:00am morning skate at FNC)

26 Thomas Vanek – 19 Cody Hodgson – 21 Drew Stafford
9 Steve Ott – 63 Tyler Ennis – 23 Ville Leino
28 Zemgus Girgensons – 25 Mikhail Grigorenko – 33 Joel Armia
32 John Scott – 22 Johan Larsson – 36 Patrick Kaleta

20 Henrik Tallinder – 57 Tyler Myers
10 Christian Ehrhoff – 3 Mark Pysyk
6 Mike Weber – 55 Rasmus Ristolainen

1 Jhonas Enroth
30 Ryan Miller
Anyone know if RR ok'ed this with the league yet?

Excited to be going tonight!

Chippah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2013, 02:39 PM
1point21Gigawatts
hell's a gigawatt?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LGB24 View Post
calm down its one preseason game
Is it though? Assuming they are both on the roster opening night, I doubt they give Grigorenko less minutes than Larsson. Unless they alternate them based on performance?

1point21Gigawatts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2013, 02:49 PM
haseoke39
**** Cycle 4 Eichel

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrCryceratops View Post
Is it though? Assuming they are both on the roster opening night, I doubt they give Grigorenko less minutes than Larsson. Unless they alternate them based on performance?
Yeah, I expect Grigorenko gets the third line minutes, and I don't see them putting Larsson on the second line, so he's most likely a fourth line center.

haseoke39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2013, 03:00 PM
joshjull

Quote:
If they both make the roster I would be willing to bet Larsson gets more ice time as the season rolls along.

I really wish Grigs wasn't on the roster. He really isn't ready and others are farther ahead.

joshjull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2013, 03:02 PM
Djp

Quote:
Originally Posted by SabresBillsBuffalo View Post
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE DONT WASTE LARSSON's TALENT IN THE REGULAR SEASON BY PUTTING HIM ON THE FOURTH LINE PLEASEEE
This is one preseason game.....

I bet there will be some line shuffling where they run basically 3 lines and Larsson subs for Grigs, Girgs, Foligno, or Ennis.

Djp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2013, 03:05 PM
1point21Gigawatts
hell's a gigawatt?

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshjull View Post
If they both make the roster I would be willing to bet Larsson gets more ice time as the season rolls along.

I really wish Grigs wasn't on the roster. He really isn't ready and others are farther ahead.
I agree that Larsson is like to prove his mettle much sooner than Grigs and climb up the depth chart as a result. The Grigs situation is certainly lamentable but to start the season, I see him on the third line.

I honestly haven't seen too much of Grigs game having only watched two preseason games. That does tell me though, that he hasn't done much great if he is going so unnoticed. I have certainly noticed Larsson, though...

Old
Wisent42

Quote:
Originally Posted by haseoke39 View Post
Yeah, I expect Grigorenko gets the third line minutes, and I don't see them putting Larsson on the second line, so he's most likely a fourth line center.
Look at it this way: With Scott and Kaleta on his wings, Larsson has the ultimate "get out of jail"-card. He'll get away with murder. Scott will beat up anyone who tries to stop him, and then Kaleta will do the time.

Wisent42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Old Navy Goat

I think you're seeing Grigs getting time with the AHL fodder for the evening while Larsson is playing with NHL players. I wouldn't be surprised to see a Foligno - Larsson - Kaleta line as their 3rd line during the regular season. That allows you to roll out Flynn-McCormick-Porter as the 4th until Tropp gets back.

Old Navy Goat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2013, 03:10 PM
LGB24

Quote:
yes it is. One preseason game will not fully dictate lines and regular season playing time. If Larsson performs well enough they can easily shift Ennis back over to wing

LGB24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2013, 03:15 PM
1point21Gigawatts
hell's a gigawatt?

Quote:
yes it is. One preseason game will not fully dictate lines and regular season playing time. If Larsson performs well enough they can easily shift Ennis back over to wing
Honestly, i think there is a greater chance of Grigs being sent down to the fourth line than Ennis being bumped to wing. I think RR has said he prefers Ennis at Center.

Old
09-25-2013, 04:00 PM
Beerz
HFBoards Sponsor

Sweet... Game is on MSG .. Wish Zads was playing tho.... would like to get a good look at him without a crappy stream.

Beerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2013, 04:36 PM
Paxon
⚔Z E M G U S⚔

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Paxon
Quote:
Honestly, i think there is a greater chance of Grigs being sent down to the fourth line than Ennis being bumped to wing. I think RR has said he prefers Ennis at Center.
Pretty sure you have it backwards on this. I'm sure RR is more than willing to move Ennis to wing, where he's been most of training camp. On the other hand, I think he'd scratch Grigorenko rather than play him on the 4th line for a stretch, unless that 4th line has player like Flynn and Tropp on it.

Paxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2013, 05:07 PM
AlsPug

Darcy only minutes ago in an interview on WGR told that Ennis is much better served as a center than a winger... That doe complicate the situation for Larsson and Grigs. You would wish those last two to be one shift higher, but...

AlsPug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2013, 05:34 PM
Coconut Head
Lil Z the Zemgod

Quote:
calm down its one preseason game
I don't think it's that irrational of a fear, after all it is what grigorenko was exposed to for the majority of last season. Granted, Larsson has a better defensive game than Grigorenko so hes versatile but it's just the thought of a highly touted prospect not being able to do what he can do because of his support

Coconut Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2013, 05:35 PM
Namejs
Cipuli iemet ripuli

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlsPug View Post
Darcy only minutes ago in an interview on WGR told that Ennis is much better served as a center than a winger... That doe complicate the situation for Larsson and Grigs. You would wish those last two to be one shift higher, but...
For some reason I don't mind them moving players from wings to C.

BTW, what do you guys think about this:
Buffalo Sabres ‏@BuffaloSabres 4h
Rolston said today's lineup "fairly close" to what it might look like opening day. "We still have a lot of our young guys in there." #sabres

As a new Sabres fan, I don't really know much about the ins and outs of the whole Sabres organization, but with so many young talents in the line-up (Grigs, Girgs, Armia, Ristolainen, etc.), it kind of sounds like they're going for a complete rebuild.

I mean, what are the chances of all the 4th/3rd-liner "veterans" (Scott, Kaleta, etc.) being sent down instead of the young ones?

Namejs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2013, 05:40 PM
RobertR
C

Can you guys post stream link as soon as you got one. Thanks.

RobertR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2013, 05:42 PM
Dubi Doo

Quote:
Rolston has always given players who are performing more ice time. There's little doubt in my mind that Larsson is ready for the NHL while Grigorenko still has a lot of learning to do. Larsson will be this teams 3rd line center opening night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pouncebounce View Post
I don't think it's that irrational of a fear, after all it is what grigorenko was exposed to for the majority of last season. Granted, Larsson has a better defensive game than Grigorenko so hes versatile but it's just the thought of a highly touted prospect not being able to do what he can do because of his support
Grigorenko was benched or placed on the 4th lines because he was a liability on the ice. Larsson is the complete opposite. The kid's a fore-checking machine, and battles as good as anyone his age. He's also good defensively and has some offensive touch. He'll solidify himself as a top 9 forward this year.

Dubi Doo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2013, 05:51 PM
stokes84

Send a message via AIM to stokes84
I think they are playing Ennis at C because of Grigs lack of progress and it has nothing to do with Larsson. They may be preparing for life without Grigorenko this season.

stokes84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2013, 05:52 PM
stokes84

Send a message via AIM to stokes84
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertR View Post
Can you guys post stream link as soon as you got one. Thanks.
Seconded.

stokes84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2013, 05:53 PM
SlugLife978

Anyone know of a decent stream tonight for us out-of-towners?

SlugLife978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2013, 05:54 PM
Paxon
⚔Z E M G U S⚔

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pouncebounce View Post
The difference is Grigorenko is so completely out of place on a 4th line. He can't forecheck effectively due to his current shortcomings in acceleration and strength. He's not great defensively. Larsson is the opposite, he'd be just fine on our 4th line. It's not like he'd be there the whole year, once injuries hit or players struggle, he could be on the 3rd or 2nd line in no time. I have no concerns with starting him on the 4th line, especially if they aren't dressing Scott most nights, because we could ice a pretty darn good 4th line with some of the guys in the mix.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Namejs View Post
For some reason I don't mind them moving players from wings to C.

BTW, what do you guys think about this:
Buffalo Sabres ‏@BuffaloSabres 4h
Rolston said today's lineup "fairly close" to what it might look like opening day. "We still have a lot of our young guys in there." #sabres

As a new Sabres fan, I don't really know much about the ins and outs of the whole Sabres organization, but with so many young talents in the line-up (Grigs, Girgs, Armia, Ristolainen, etc.), it kind of sounds like they're going for a complete rebuild.

I mean, what are the chances of all the 4th/3rd-liner "veterans" (Scott, Kaleta, etc.) being sent down instead of the young ones?
I can't see Scott or Kaleta sent down. They'll either play or be scratches. Kaleta in particular will play if he's healthy. Tropp looked like he was going to make the team in my opinion and his long-term injury (5-6 weeks) opens up a spot for another player. I don't think Armia or Girgensons make the team out of camp, while Larsson does.

Old
09-25-2013, 05:55 PM
Paxon
⚔Z E M G U S⚔

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlugLife978 View Post
Anyone know of a decent stream tonight for us out-of-towners?
http://firstrowus1.eu/sport/ice-hockey.html

Always has every NHL game and many other non-NHL games. The quality is usually not too great but it's a starting point until someone posts a better one.

Old
09-25-2013, 05:59 PM
RobertR
C

Thanks for the link.

RobertR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2013, 06:00 PM
joshjull

Quote:
Originally Posted by stokes84 View Post
I think they are playing Ennis at C because of Grigs lack of progress and it has nothing to do with Larsson. They may be preparing for life without Grigorenko this season.
This is my thinking as well

joshjull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2013, 06:00 PM
AnthonySaxe

This picture looks compressed on my screen. Is the aspect ratio going to correct or will this game not be in true hd?

AnthonySaxe is offline   Reply With Quote