HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Post Your 2013-14 Lineup

Old
09-25-2013, 05:28 PM
hockeyfreak7

vCash: 500
I don't know why people are so afraid to split up G and Jake.

Neither of them need the other to be productive, and there are other players on the team who need one of them much, much more.

Both are puck carriers. The more time Voracek has with the puck, the less time for Giroux. I don't like that. I want the puck to be on those two sticks as much as possible, and you minimize that rate by putting them together.

hockeyfreak7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2013, 05:41 PM
Jtown

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfreak7 View Post

Neither of them need the other to be productive, and there are other players on the team who need one of them much, much more.

Both are puck carriers. The more time Voracek has with the puck, the less time for Giroux. I don't like that. I want the puck to be on those two sticks as much as possible, and you minimize that rate by putting them together.

Ive been saying this all offseason

Jtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2013, 07:44 PM
flyersfan28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystlyfe View Post
Of all the guys for you to single out, you pick Erskine? He played 18:27/game last year for the Caps. He gets played more than literally everyone else on that list. Right now the Caps coaching staff is still pumping his tires as a top 4 defenseman for the Capitals, much as he was last season (however much Capitals fans might hate it).

The reason you don't need Rosehill against him is that Erskine rarely fights anymore. He only fought twice last year and three times the year before.
the reason why i want rosehill vs erskine is for his elbowing on simmonds last year

flyersfan28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2013, 07:53 PM
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersfan28 View Post
the reason why i want rosehill vs erskine is for his elbowing on simmonds last year
I think you care more about revenge on Erskine for last year than the actual players do at this point. The fact that they played the Caps two more times after that incident & nothing happened proves that.

Erskine for the most part isn't a dirty player & doesn't go out there looking for trouble, no need to waste a roster spot to neutralize something that isn't going to happen.

LegionOfDoom91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2013, 07:55 PM
flyersfan28

Quote:

voracek-schenn-simmonds was great last years
and lecavalier-giroux look good in preseason
lecavalier-giroux-hartnell
voracek-schenn-simmonds

Old
09-25-2013, 07:56 PM
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:

I honestly don't care but I don't think Lavi shares that opinion. If someone else steps up (mainly looking at Schenn or Hartnell here) I could see him maybe doing it.

Old
09-25-2013, 08:01 PM
flyersfan28

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegionOfDoom91 View Post
I think you care more about revenge on Erskine for last year than the actual players do at this point. The fact that they played the Caps two more times after that incident & nothing happened proves that.

Erskine for the most part isn't a dirty player & doesn't go out there looking for trouble, no need to waste a roster spot to neutralize something that isn't going to happen.

why nothing happened?
we having zero enforcer last years rinaldo is not
i disagree erskine punch a player for no reason in pre season

Old
09-25-2013, 08:04 PM
Curufinwe

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtown View Post
it has more to do with the fact that voracek is as good a playmaker on the wing as we have and can set up vinny and simmer during ev play , which was a huge weakness.

If we have giroux voracek and hartnell together i am afraid we will become a 1 line team last last year.
I think you're underestimating Vinny's ability to be productive with Simmonds and BSchenn, or even with Simmonds and Raffl.

Schenn hasn't even got to play on that line with Vinny and Simmonds yet.

Curufinwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2013, 08:09 PM
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:
why nothing happened?
we having zero enforcer last years rinaldo is not
i disagree erskine punch a player for no reason in pre season
Not having a goon in the lineup is not the reason nothing happened.

The reason nothing happened was because the players are more concerned with the actual outcome of the game than settling the score on something that was already settled with by the NHL.

Old
09-25-2013, 08:25 PM
flyersfan28

Quote:
Not having a goon in the lineup is not the reason nothing happened.

The reason nothing happened was because the players are more concerned with the actual outcome of the game than settling the score on something that was already settled with by the NHL.
why rinaldo fight hendricks after the elbow of erskine?
if shelley was in this game after the elbow i think shelley fight erskine not hendricks lol

Old
09-25-2013, 08:50 PM
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:
if shelley was in this game after the elbow i think shelley fight erskine not hendricks lol
Rinaldo beat up Hendricks & Erskine got suspended case closed.

If Shelley was in the lineup we would have lost by more than one goal.

Old
09-25-2013, 08:53 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Doof Warrior

Quote:
Oh...does Shelley fighting and losing to Erskine somehow undo the elbow on Simmonds?

09-25-2013, 09:01 PM
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
Oh...does Shelley fighting and losing to Erskine somehow undo the elbow on Simmonds?
I didn't even factor in that Shelley was terrible at his one & only job.

Him & Cote had to have been two of the most useless players in Flyers history, besides being liabilities on the ice both were absolute punching bags during their times here.

Old
09-25-2013, 10:24 PM
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER

vCash: 880
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jray42 View Post
If laviolette takes Voracek off of the Giroux line he deserves to be Fired imo
Voracek played his best with Schenn last year

win win really.

sobrien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2013, 12:29 AM
flyersfan28

Quote:
I didn't even factor in that Shelley was terrible at his one & only job.

Him & Cote had to have been two of the most useless players in Flyers history, besides being liabilities on the ice both were absolute punching bags during their times here.
shelley is one of the best enforcer in 2000 win vs bob probert and in 2010 ko win vs colton orr
and cote he loss manny fight but a lot of his fight was great and 1 win vs brian mcgrattan
cote and shelley was 2 great fighter

Last edited by flyersfan28: 09-26-2013 at 12:37 AM.
Old
09-26-2013, 12:33 AM
flyersfan28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
lol if shelley fighting erskine i think he won

Old
09-26-2013, 06:03 AM
blinds

Quote:

I completely agree with this, G and Voracek work well together, but I think Voracek is good enough now to carry his own line. The issue I see is Giroux needs someone who can carry the puck reasonably well because with his size and the attention he gets from other teams it's hard for him to carry the puck the whole time. G needs someone on his line who can manage the puck when he needs to dish it off to avoid being double-teamed like he often is, which is why I don't see a Hartnell - G - Simmonds line like I've seen mentioned before working. G's size really holds him back sometimes (also helps him sometimes as well, depends on the team). Voracek is big and fast enough to not have this problem.

If we kept Laughton up I could really get into this lineup:

Hartnell - G - Vinny
Schenn - Couts - Voracek
Read - Laughton - Simmonds
Talbot - Hall - Rinaldo

Maybe switch Schenn and Hartnell, but I want to see how Schenn would do with Couts.

But this gives Couts a lot more opportunity, which with the way he's been this preseason, we could see his production explode. Laughton seems like he's ready to make the jump from what I've seen as well. As long as Simmonds commits to playing better on the defensive end that 3rd line could be very good.

The only issue I see is the faceoffs which really hamstrung us last year. Maybe (hopefully) Couts worked on them this offseason. No idea how Laughton is, but he's young so I'm doubtful.

blinds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2013, 07:22 AM
flyersfan018

Quote:
Why are you obsessed with making sure they get "revenge" on Erskine? Let it go dude.

flyersfan018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2013, 07:44 AM
kudymen
4, 15, 38 and 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersfan018 View Post
Why are you obsessed with making sure they get "revenge" on Erskine? Let it go dude.
I guess we should also demand revenge for what Vinny did to Talbot last February. Let's kick Vinny's butt in... practice?

kudymen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2013, 08:01 AM
Adtar02

Quote:
Originally Posted by blinds View Post
I completely agree with this, G and Voracek work well together, but I think Voracek is good enough now to carry his own line. The issue I see is Giroux needs someone who can carry the puck reasonably well because with his size and the attention he gets from other teams it's hard for him to carry the puck the whole time. G needs someone on his line who can manage the puck when he needs to dish it off to avoid being double-teamed like he often is, which is why I don't see a Hartnell - G - Simmonds line like I've seen mentioned before working. G's size really holds him back sometimes (also helps him sometimes as well, depends on the team). Voracek is big and fast enough to not have this problem.

If we kept Laughton up I could really get into this lineup:

Hartnell - G - Vinny
Schenn - Couts - Voracek
Read - Laughton - Simmonds
Talbot - Hall - Rinaldo

Maybe switch Schenn and Hartnell, but I want to see how Schenn would do with Couts.

But this gives Couts a lot more opportunity, which with the way he's been this preseason, we could see his production explode. Laughton seems like he's ready to make the jump from what I've seen as well. As long as Simmonds commits to playing better on the defensive end that 3rd line could be very good.

The only issue I see is the faceoffs which really hamstrung us last year. Maybe (hopefully) Couts worked on them this offseason. No idea how Laughton is, but he's young so I'm doubtful.
I like this line up. I could see this by the end of the year.

Adtar02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2013, 08:19 AM
Curufinwe

Vinny on the RW is a waste of his size and playmaking ability.

Curufinwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2013, 09:05 AM
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:
shelley is one of the best enforcer in 2000 win vs bob probert and in 2010 ko win vs colton orr
and cote he loss manny fight but a lot of his fight was great and 1 win vs brian mcgrattan
cote and shelley was 2 great fighter
I said during their times here meaning exclusively when they played for the Flyers not before. Shelley was terrible at his role with the Flyers he only won a few fights in those three years as a Flyer.

Last edited by LegionOfDoom91: 09-26-2013 at 09:25 AM.
Old
09-26-2013, 09:21 AM
flyershockey

I can't believe there are still Shelley supporters.

flyershockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2013, 10:07 AM
flyerfanish

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyershockey View Post
I can't believe there are still Shelley supporters.
Well, since they decided to not renew his contract, Shelley is now considered a martyr.

flyerfanish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2013, 10:42 AM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Doof Warrior

Quote:
lol if shelley fighting erskine i think he won
Haha, highly doubtful. Shelley lost most of his fights as a Flyer because he was well past his prime.

The myth that enforcers somehow protect star players during play needs to go away. They don't. Enforcers only come into play after something has happened (which is too late), or after the play. Gretzky's enforcers didn't prevent him from being hit, Gretzky's skill did that. His enforcers didn't prevent the hit that finally hurt him, either.

Shelley in the lineup wouldn't have prevented the elbow on Simmonds. It wouldn't have undone it. Having Rosehill in the lineup won't prevent the next cheapshot, either.

Beef Invictus is offline   Reply With Quote