HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Top 50 players, PK Subban #27, Carey Price #51

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
09-25-2013, 08:42 PM
  #1
sharks9
Registered User
 
sharks9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Canada
Posts: 6,611
vCash: 500
Top 50 players, PK Subban #27, Carey Price #51

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=432765

By position this has Subban as the 7th best defenseman and Price as the 5th best goalie

Too high? Too low? What do you guys think?

sharks9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2013, 08:44 PM
  #2
76ftw
24
 
76ftw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New Brunswick
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,732
vCash: 50
Price is about right.

Subban is probably better then 7th best dman lol

76ftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2013, 08:48 PM
  #3
schumway2
Registered User
 
schumway2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,080
vCash: 500
I have no issue with Subban being behind Chara, Weber, Doughty, Suter, Karlsson and Keith. Those are big time players.

schumway2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2013, 08:49 PM
  #4
CP31
Registered User
 
CP31's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Welland, ON
Posts: 1,698
vCash: 500
Subban maybe should be a few spots better

CP31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2013, 08:49 PM
  #5
Whitesnake
Year of the Snake
 
Whitesnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Lorraine
Country: Canada
Posts: 43,818
vCash: 500
You have to think that #51 was put there just to appease the mass.....

Just a way to not have too many e-mails from Habs fans I guess...

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2013, 08:49 PM
  #6
CP31
Registered User
 
CP31's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Welland, ON
Posts: 1,698
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by schumway2 View Post
I have no issue with Subban being behind Chara, Weber, Doughty, Suter, Karlsson and Keith. Those are big time players.
Now that you mention this, I think it's fair.

CP31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2013, 08:50 PM
  #7
Lafleurs Guy
Registered User
 
Lafleurs Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 18,174
vCash: 500
I think Subban should be higher than 7th on the blueline and I think Price should be ahead of Bobrovski. I don't agree with a lot of this list but I guess it is what it is.

Lafleurs Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2013, 08:51 PM
  #8
Lafleurs Guy
Registered User
 
Lafleurs Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 18,174
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by schumway2 View Post
I have no issue with Subban being behind Chara, Weber, Doughty, Suter, Karlsson and Keith. Those are big time players.
That's fine. Personally I have Chara and Weber as one, two after that it's fuzzy. Personally I'd have Subban 3rd but those others are strong too.

Lafleurs Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2013, 08:59 PM
  #9
Lebowski
Registered User
 
Lebowski's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 4,423
vCash: 500
Keep in mind these '"top X" things are very affected by the reputations of players. Subban is now seen as one of the top dmen in the league after roughly a 40 game stretch. If he keeps up that level of play this season, expect him near the top 15.

But anyway. Forwards are always overvalued in these type of things. Parise ahead of Subban at this point in time is laughable.

Lebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2013, 09:15 PM
  #10
Mrb1p
Registered User
 
Mrb1p's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Citizen of the world
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,607
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebowski View Post
Keep in mind these '"top X" things are very affected by the reputations of players. Subban is now seen as one of the top dmen in the league after roughly a 40 game stretch. If he keeps up that level of play this season, expect him near the top 15.

But anyway. Forwards are always overvalued in these type of things. Parise ahead of Subban at this point in time is laughable.
So is Getzlaf.

Mrb1p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2013, 09:18 PM
  #11
Prairie Habs
Registered User
 
Prairie Habs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 3,148
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
I think Subban should be higher than 7th on the blueline and I think Price should be ahead of Bobrovski. I don't agree with a lot of this list but I guess it is what it is.
It's strange that a Vezina win in a shortened season jumps Bobrovsky ahead of more proven players but a Norris win (also shortened season obviously) by Subban doesn't take him as far. Especially when Subban was a number one D the season before and Bob had a +3GAA and a sub .900 save percentage.

Prairie Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2013, 09:19 PM
  #12
Lafleurs Guy
Registered User
 
Lafleurs Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 18,174
vCash: 500
Toews is wicked but man I don't see how he's ahead of Stamkos. And Tavares at 13th is also surprising to me, I thought he'd be higher. Getzlaff and Beregeron are way too high in my opinion. Lundqvist is too low.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prairie Habs View Post
It's strange that a Vezina win in a shortened season jumps Bobrovsky ahead of more proven players but a Norris win (also shortened season obviously) by Subban doesn't take him as far. Especially when Subban was a number one D the season before and Bob had a +3GAA and a sub .900 save percentage.
Bobrovsky obviously did things the white way.

Lafleurs Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2013, 09:20 PM
  #13
Alexdaman
Registered User
 
Alexdaman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Montreal, Qc
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,891
vCash: 50
Price should be #1 and Subban #50.

Alexdaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2013, 09:21 PM
  #14
Mrb1p
Registered User
 
Mrb1p's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Citizen of the world
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,607
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
Toews is wicked but man I don't see how he's ahead of Stamkos. And Tavares at 13th is also surprising to me, I thought he'd be higher. Getzlaff and Beregeron are way too high in my opinion. Lundqvist is too low.
I'm so tired of the Toews hyping now... It's getting so old... The freaking media is actually making me hate a player that I liked. It's not cool.
Toews shouldn't even be in the top 10.

Mrb1p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2013, 09:24 PM
  #15
Alexdaman
Registered User
 
Alexdaman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Montreal, Qc
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,891
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post
I'm so tired of the Toews hyping now... It's getting so old... The freaking media is actually making me hate a player that I liked. It's not cool.
Toews shouldn't even be in the top 10.
Let's say he's the best clutch player of the league.

Alexdaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2013, 09:30 PM
  #16
Mrb1p
Registered User
 
Mrb1p's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Citizen of the world
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,607
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexdaman View Post
Let's say he's the best clutch player of the league.
No he's not.

And don't come here talking to me about intangibles.

A hockey player is a hockey player.

When you're the third best player in the league, you shouldn't need to be clutch.

Maxime Talbot is clutch. Bergeinheim was clutch three years ago. Cammalleri was clutch.

Mrb1p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2013, 09:40 PM
  #17
BLASPHEMOUS
**** the King
 
BLASPHEMOUS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Sherbrooke
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,710
vCash: 447
I don't have a problem with Subban being the number 7 D-man. I would take him any day over Zach Parise, however.

BLASPHEMOUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2013, 09:43 PM
  #18
Lafleurs Guy
Registered User
 
Lafleurs Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 18,174
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post
No he's not.

And don't come here talking to me about intangibles.

A hockey player is a hockey player.

When you're the third best player in the league, you shouldn't need to be clutch.

Maxime Talbot is clutch. Bergeinheim was clutch three years ago. Cammalleri was clutch.
Well Toews was badass against Chara in the 2nd half of the finals. He really was the difference in that series. He went to the net and paid the price and it was beautiful to watch. Exactly what this team has needed in forever.

But like I said, I don't have him 3rd... no way.

Lafleurs Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2013, 10:20 PM
  #19
Feintastic
Registered User
 
Feintastic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 204
vCash: 500
Price being out of the top50 is another proof he proved nothing at all so far. He has potential for sure but he needs to step his game up.

I have alot of respect for Sidney Crosby but when I heard him saying that Price is the best goalie of the NHL I was laughing my azz off. I think he'll be alot better in the next few years but as we speak right now he's not top5 oh no no ! I wish him a great season.

For P.K Subban we can say 27th best player in the whole league for the 1st time he makes the list isnt bad at all but he's even better than that honestly ! Im a habs fan but I do watch alot of hockey games from other clubs and there's not 10 P.K Subban in this league im just being honest here. That guy does everything. He plays in all situations, he has a canon shot, skating is off the chart, he's really physical he hits hard and score goals. I love Erik Karlsson but overall in no way he's a better D than Subban forget it ! He's maybe more gifted offensively a bit but Subban brings more aspects that's not even a debate.

Feintastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2013, 10:22 PM
  #20
CP31
Registered User
 
CP31's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Welland, ON
Posts: 1,698
vCash: 500
Them having him as a top 5 goalie is proof he proved nothing ?

CP31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2013, 10:26 PM
  #21
Feintastic
Registered User
 
Feintastic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 204
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CP31 View Post
Them having him as a top 5 goalie is proof he proved nothing ?
u know what I mean dont tryna be a smartass

If Price would be as good as some people say he would be in the top50 ! That's it.

Does it means he's not good ? No !

Feintastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2013, 10:28 PM
  #22
HankyZetts
Twi2ted
 
HankyZetts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,684
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post
No he's not.

And don't come here talking to me about intangibles.

A hockey player is a hockey player.

When you're the third best player in the league, you shouldn't need to be clutch.

Maxime Talbot is clutch. Bergeinheim was clutch three years ago. Cammalleri was clutch.
Jonathan Toews is a dominant force in all three zones. You're selling him short.

HankyZetts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2013, 10:30 PM
  #23
Et le But
Moderator
 
Et le But's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: New York
Country: Argentina
Posts: 16,879
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by schumway2 View Post
I have no issue with Subban being behind Chara, Weber, Doughty, Suter, Karlsson and Keith. Those are big time players.
Chara, Weber, and Doughty are all ahead of Subban, yes.

Karlsson? We've been here before. Karlsson is better offensively as Karlsson is ahead of every other blueliner offensively and in the past few years only Mike Green at his best has been anywhere near the same league as Karlsson offensively.

Suter and Keith are overrated, and Subban is better than both of them. Well, Keith is debatable, but his offense is inconsistent and the Keith-Seabrook partnership is more democratic than anyone Subban has played with.

When it comes to Suter, I can confidently say Subban is better. For all the praise he got for his minutes last year, he got slaughtered on possession. By the end of the year he wasn't even the best defender on his team considering how good Brodin looked.

Et le But is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2013, 10:34 PM
  #24
Feintastic
Registered User
 
Feintastic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 204
vCash: 500
Wanna add also that Marian Hossa should be higher, people who really know their hockey know what im talking about, Hossa's talent is recognized but still underrated alot its funny.

Feintastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2013, 10:43 PM
  #25
Lafleurs Guy
Registered User
 
Lafleurs Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 18,174
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feintastic View Post
Price being out of the top50 is another proof he proved nothing at all so far. He has potential for sure but he needs to step his game up.

I have alot of respect for Sidney Crosby but when I heard him saying that Price is the best goalie of the NHL I was laughing my azz off. ...
21 posts and you made my ignore list. It's a new lap record. Nice to have you back careycosts.

Lafleurs Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:14 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.