Pre-Season: Jets @ Oilers | Mon, Sep 23 | 8:30PM

Old
09-24-2013, 03:42 PM
Newfy IceCapd

vCash: 989
Quote:
Originally Posted by allan5oh View Post
My take:

Pasquale - he seems to have a very weird playing style, it's almost as if he picks a random save for what should be a routine save, just to mix it up. Seems to move the puck decent.
Thank you! Its like he just wants to make things fun and interesting making a routine butterfly save into something scary and sketchy haha

Newfy IceCapd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2013, 04:00 PM
BigTuna49
RIP KevFist

vCash: 700
Quote:
Originally Posted by VictoriaJetsFan View Post
The cool thing about Trouba is if they handle him properly this year, there is absolutely no doubt he is ready to go full bore next year, same applies to Lowry too.

This is why I have been arguing for holding back somewhat his year and not freaking if we don't make the playoffs. It's next year, with a group of prospects ready to fully graduate, where we make a serious step forward.
The only excuse for us to miss the playoffs is if we're ravaged by injuries. Otherwise, no excuse. Guys are a year older and right in the middle or their prime. We barely missed last year with injuries.

Now making a serious push? We are at the most, 2 years away. Next year we could depending on how the team looks. But Chevy's draft picks should start to bear fruit and we should reap the benefits.

BigTuna49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2013, 04:52 PM
Garyr

vCash: 500
While watching the game last night I had the feeling Kane was slowing down a stride or two so Oli could keep up with him. Maybe that's why Oli looked like he was having a better game than we're used to seeing?

Garyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2013, 08:26 PM
KingBogo
Admitted Homer

vCash: 661
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donald View Post
Wow, such doom and gloom after a preseason game.

Bogosian has gone from a budding superstar to having his development completely stalled... after a couple exhibition games?

And good grief, Jokinen was one of the Jets best players offensively yesterday. He almost always sucks, so it should be easier for people to notice when he actually has a good game.
Agreed. Catching up on the thread from last night, it was hard to keep a straight face with all the doom and gloom around Bogo. People need to keep things in perspective...top d-man looks bored and disinterested in a couple exhibition games, someone call the press because that has never happened before. BTW LLW looks bored and disinterested when they play, it is just not as noticeable with forwards. If these guys are all regressing we are so ****** it doesn't really matter what else happens.

KingBogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2013, 08:34 PM
SensibleGuy

Honestly I'm pretty sure none of these guys is giving it their all here. Why would guys whose position with the team is secure risk blowing out a knee or getting a concussion trying to win what is really a meaningless game. Kane seems to be going full tilt but maybe that's a sign of a lack of wisdom on his part. None of us are going to be very happy if he misses the first 20 games of the season with a broken rib trying to beat Boston in the second to last pre-season game. Otoh, maybe Kaner actually is only giving it 90%...in which case we may be in for a hell of a show this year.

SensibleGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2013, 09:16 PM
ps241
Hero of CantonKiller

With Lowry I think time invested in the AHL this season can be characterized as "Ceiling Time"! I want him to get the big minutes in key situations against men at the pro level so he can grow his game to the next level for when he gets his shot with the Jets. Time in the ROCK playing a bigger role could really help his offensive development.

ps241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2013, 09:32 PM
EKANE9JETS

vCash: 452
Quote:
Originally Posted by SensibleGuy View Post
Honestly I'm pretty sure none of these guys is giving it their all here. Why would guys whose position with the team is secure risk blowing out a knee or getting a concussion trying to win what is really a meaningless game. Kane seems to be going full tilt but maybe that's a sign of a lack of wisdom on his part. None of us are going to be very happy if he misses the first 20 games of the season with a broken rib trying to beat Boston in the second to last pre-season game. Otoh, maybe Kaner actually is only giving it 90%...in which case we may be in for a hell of a show this year.
you need to win more than 1 pre-season game. I mean really, someone had better be giving it their all. Likewise kane needs to test out that foot. looks fine to me

EKANE9JETS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2013, 09:42 PM
BigTuna49
RIP KevFist

vCash: 700
Quote:
Originally Posted by ps241 View Post
With Lowry I think time invested in the AHL this season can be characterized as "Ceiling Time"! I want him to get the big minutes in key situations against men at the pro level so he can grow his game to the next level for when he gets his shot with the Jets. Time in the ROCK playing a bigger role could really help his offensive development.
Expectations are going to be high for this kid. Hope he can develop at center because he could be a solid contributer next year on the 3rd line center spot if he develops well.

BigTuna49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2013, 09:54 PM
SensibleGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by EKANE9JETS View Post
you need to win more than 1 pre-season game. I mean really, someone had better be giving it their all. Likewise kane needs to test out that foot. looks fine to me
Yeah well I'd wager guys fighting for roster spots are going to try to stand out from the crowd, but guys like LLW, Bogo and Buff, etc...why are they going to go all out in pre-season games? And why do we "need" to win more than one ps game? Why do we need to win any? I mean its nice to win and all don't get me wrong, but the actually wins don't count towards anything. As long as the players are figuring things out and getting themselves in game shape the win/loss record really doesn't matter...

SensibleGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2013, 09:57 PM
LadyJet26
Lest We Forget

vCash: 829
Quote:
Yeah well I'd wager guys fighting for roster spots are going to try to stand out from the crowd, but guys like LLW, Bogo and Buff, etc...why are they going to go all out in pre-season games? And why do we "need" to win more than one ps game? Why do we need to win any? I mean its nice to win and all don't get me wrong, but the actually wins don't count towards anything. As long as the players are figuring things out and getting themselves in game shape the win/loss record really doesn't matter...
This.

Preseason doesn't count towards making the playoffs. Its purpose is to evaluate players and let your veterans warm up for the season.

LadyJet26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2013, 10:31 PM
EKANE9JETS

vCash: 452
[mod]

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetsnHawks View Post
This.

Preseason doesn't count towards making the playoffs. Its purpose is to evaluate players and let your veterans warm up for the season.
If we were the Blackhawks, Bruins, Penguins, Ottawa, Jesus the current Toronto, i'd take that but um, yea no we're still the Jets so we need to win more than 1 game pre-season, and there are two games left which hopefully the regulars will be the only ones played for those two games, and i dont think two games are enough. We're still the jets, lets not act like what we're doing now isn't what we will be doing in games 1-5.

Last edited by Holden Caulfield: 09-24-2013 at 11:03 PM. Reason: Do not "fix that"
EKANE9JETS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2013, 10:39 PM
ps241
Hero of CantonKiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTuna49 View Post
Expectations are going to be high for this kid. Hope he can develop at center because he could be a solid contributer next year on the 3rd line center spot if he develops well.
I like the chances of a prospect that is a 6'5" centre that is a really smart player. To me Adam has pro written all over him its just going to come down to where he eventually slots in. That is why I would like to see him develop his offensive chops in the AHL. I would not want to see him grinding it out responsibly like Couturier has on the 4th line for the past two seasons.

ps241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2013, 11:43 PM
Turbofan
The Full 60 Minutes

vCash: 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by garret9 View Post
Very interesting game from a statistical angle.

http://www.arcticicehockey.com/2013/...-2-corsi-table

Kane played well and pulled his line up.
Yakupov was shut down.
Clitsome played a high events game.
Trouba did very well.
Any line Wright goes on ends up getting shell shocked as usual.
Stuart and Redmond pair got bent over a few times.
Impressive stat line for Jokinen, if taken at face value.

Turbofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2013, 12:04 AM
garret9
AKA#VitoCorrelationi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wings View Post
Impressive stat line for Jokinen, if taken at face value.
Question is... was it cos of him or Kane or both???

Corsi requires far larger sample size to know statistically.

But by my eye-test I'd say he was not promoting it by any large amount, so most is likely Kane, but he wasn't any where near anchoring either.

garret9 is offline   Reply With Quote