HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Flyers vs Sens

Old
11-23-2006, 01:34 AM
Kaktus*

vCash: 500
Praying to god we can unload Rathje...
I am glad to see all these young D on this team. Even if they play bad and I talk crap about them I am still happy to see new faces. Johnsson = NHL player.

All I want to see this season is effort, I saw it in this game. I wonder how Frank will play when he is 100%.

Last edited by Kaktus*: 11-23-2006 at 01:39 AM.
Kaktus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2006, 01:47 AM
jb**

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaktus View Post
Praying to god we can unload Rathje...
I am glad to see all these young D on this team. Even if they play bad and I talk crap about them I am still happy to see new faces. Johnsson = NHL player.

All I want to see this season is effort, I saw it in this game. I wonder how Frank will play when he is 100%.
be a realist, not going to happen, he is damaged goods. what happens for arguments sake the 6 we have now plays very well. enough to eliviate what we think is a problesm. what do you do in the off season? I think Picard is a top pairing d man. at this point when he comes back let him play in the ahl. Homer must tell him that you are the future dont sulk, go doen there and play your game. At this point with timonen and jonnson up let them play. Meyer and Jones ahve not been a problem lately, not fans of either one, but let thenm finish. Frank is 100% IMO. No excuses. If he wasn't then I think the orginization what tell him to tget the suregery, he isnt the answe.

jb** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2006, 02:07 AM
Kaktus*

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWO View Post
be a realist, not going to happen, he is damaged goods. what happens for arguments sake the 6 we have now plays very well.
Well I will pray anyway lol. 6 we have now played well in one game, well maybe 2 games. Not enough to say they are good or will be good.
Quote:
enough to eliviate what we think is a problesm. what do you do in the off season? I think Picard is a top pairing d man. at this point when he comes back let him play in the ahl. Homer must tell him that you are the future dont sulk, go doen there and play your game.
I am not sure if he is top paring D. I mean he might be.
Quote:
At this point with timonen and jonnson up let them play.
Not like we have a lot of options there. Jonsson does look good. Better then anyone I think.
Quote:
Meyer and Jones ahve not been a problem lately, not fans of either one, but let thenm finish.
Agree.
Quote:
Frank is 100% IMO. No excuses. If he wasn't then I think the orginization what tell him to tget the suregery, he isnt the answe.
Frank did not give up a lot of bad goals this season. Is he 100%. I do not know, he is good enough to play thats for sure. This is his 1st full NHL season. So let him play.

Old
11-23-2006, 02:11 AM
jb**

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaktus View Post
Well I will pray anyway lol. 6 we have now played well in one game, well maybe 2 games. Not enough to say they are good or will be good.
I am not sure if he is top paring D. I mean he might be.
Not like we have a lot of options there. Jonsson does look good. Better then anyone I think.
Agree.

Frank did not give up a lot of bad goals this season. Is he 100%. I do not know, he is good enough to play thats for sure. This is his 1st full NHL season. So let him play.
he has not given up bad goals? are you kidding? he has been terrible. he has never bailed his team out. he has shown nothing to impress me. he is 26 not 21 so he may not get better. I think he has regressed bigtime.

jb** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2006, 04:52 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 540
Quote:
he has not given up bad goals? are you kidding? he has been terrible. he has never bailed his team out. he has shown nothing to impress me. he is 26 not 21 so he may not get better. I think he has regressed bigtime.
It's hard to look good with the defense in the utter mass hysteria the way it is. I've seen Niitty make plenty of big saves, you can't keep giving up the glorious chances we give up.

Stop Feeding the Rumor-Monger

"I wonder if Norstrom has Forsberg's spleen mounted on his wall." - KINGS17

My 50 Favorite Albums of 2014 (sorry it's late)
GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2006, 06:30 AM
Dig Out Your Soul
Ex Storm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514 View Post
It's hard to look good with the defense in the utter mass hysteria the way it is. I've seen Niitty make plenty of big saves, you can't keep giving up the glorious chances we give up.
A 2-0 lead with your team playing well and the defense actually playing well with most of the albatrosses out is a perfect time to start making saves.

Dig Out Your Soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2006, 09:18 AM
bennysflyers16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm in a Teacup View Post
A 2-0 lead with your team playing well and the defense actually playing well with most of the albatrosses out is a perfect time to start making saves.
EXACTLY,,,

The Defense ( including Hatch ) played very well last night. The 1st goal, no chance, perfect shot, the 2nd goal, save could have been made, not the best of shots, but pretty good. 3rd goal, a MUST Save, no excuses. I do not know about you guys, but I now feel like when Esche is in net, where EVERY SINGLE SHOT the opponents take on Nitty, I am vervous as hell that they will score.

bennysflyers16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2006, 10:59 AM
Kaktus*

Quote:
Frank faced 35-36 shots. Second goal by Alfie was a pretty good shot from the slot and I think D was in between the puck and the net I saw the replay Nitty reacted late.
3rd goal, he could of make a save but he was screened and maybe bumped. It sucks. It was not a horrible goal to give up. Just like you I wanted to see him making a save but...
What would impress you? Out of curiosity…
Quote:
D played better then before. Frank still faced almost 40 shots on goal yesterday.

Old
11-23-2006, 11:58 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

Quote:
The team was getting dominated territorially aside from the first 10 minutes of the game.

Ottawa almost had 40 shots. When you have the skill guys that Ottawa has on their team, that's the way you're supposed to score goals. Be better than the goalie...and Niitty isn't better than any one of the 3 guys who scored on him yet.

Old
11-23-2006, 01:01 PM
TOCxNJ

nitty made plenty of great saves last night, this game is not his fault. if our offense cant score with a wide open net because they are in no way acurate, we are never going to win any games. at least this was suspenseful.

TOCxNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2006, 08:07 AM
mikedifr

Anyone think that having a fellow Finn paired with him could be key to Pitakanen getting comfortable and as a result playing better? From what the announcers are saying he has played with this guy before. Sometimes chemistry outweighs the individual talent of the player.

mikedifr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2006, 08:18 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikedifr View Post
Anyone think that having a fellow Finn paired with him could be key to Pitakanen getting comfortable and as a result playing better? From what the announcers are saying he has played with this guy before. Sometimes chemistry outweighs the individual talent of the player.
Pitkanen has played with Timonen in the past WJC teams.

Old
11-24-2006, 09:40 AM
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOCxNJ View Post
nitty made plenty of great saves last night, this game is not his fault. if our offense cant score with a wide open net because they are in no way acurate, we are never going to win any games. at least this was suspenseful.
Thank you. I wish people would have seen that quote I posted before that Brodeur said.

something along the lines of "I hate to make big saves because it means everything else fell apart."

Niittymaki shouldn't have to make big saves, but he's got to make a lot of saves period because of this defense. And like he says our offense needs to get going too.

JLHockeyKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2006, 09:44 AM
mikedifr

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLHockeyKnight25 View Post
Thank you. I wish people would have seen that quote I posted before that Brodeur said.

something along the lines of "I hate to make big saves because it means everything else fell apart."

Niittymaki shouldn't have to make big saves, but he's got to make a lot of saves period because of this defense. And like he says our offense needs to get going too.
I dont expect Nitty to be Patrick Roy or Martin Brodeur. But like someone else said, how many times have the Flyers come up against and average goalie or back up and that goalie stole the game for them? With the play of the team this year, Nitty cant be blamed for how bad they have been, however, legit #1 goalies in this league will steal 5-10 wins for their team each year. With how bad this team has been, when they are close, Nitty HAS to steal one for us. He has to make some saves, at the right times mind you, that we say "How the hell did he do that???" He has yet to do that. Maybe its his hips or whatever, but I have yet to see anything last year and this year that would lead me to think he is the #1 goalie this team has been lacking for years.

Old
11-24-2006, 09:49 AM
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American

Quote:
I dont expect Nitty to be Patrick Roy or Martin Brodeur. But like someone else said, how many times have the Flyers come up against and average goalie or back up and that goalie stole the game for them? With the play of the team this year, Nitty cant be blamed for how bad they have been, however, legit #1 goalies in this league will steal 5-10 wins for their team each year. With how bad this team has been, when they are close, Nitty HAS to steal one for us. He has to make some saves, at the right times mind you, that we say "How the hell did he do that???" He has yet to do that. Maybe its his hips or whatever, but I have yet to see anything last year and this year that would lead me to think he is the #1 goalie this team has been lacking for years.
See I never saw Niittymaki as a great goalie, but I see him as the right goalie for the team with a lot of potential. Just the rest of the team needs to step it up. Yes, a goalie has to be able to steal saves, but I still think he deserves the number 1 spot. Esche is decent, but lets things get to his head, and that effects him.

But to be fair I know what you mean. You give up 5 goals, regardless of who's fault it is, goalie or not, and it effects the whole team. He's given up some goals that he should have saved.

Old
11-24-2006, 09:51 AM
mikedifr

Quote:
See I never saw Niittymaki as a great goalie, but I see him as the right goalie for the team with a lot of potential. Just the rest of the team needs to step it up. Yes, a goalie has to be able to steal saves, but I still think he deserves the number 1 spot. Esche is decent, but lets things get to his head, and that effects him.

But to be fair I know what you mean. You give up 5 goals, regardless of who's fault it is, goalie or not, and it effects the whole team. He's given up some goals that he should have saved.
He is definitely the #1 right now. Just think we need something better when this team is ready to contend, but who knows, I have been wrong before. Once.

Old
11-24-2006, 09:52 AM
COMCASTMONEY
14yrs/$110m

Quote:
Those goals were scored on breakdowns by the Flyers. After Nedved's stupid penalty, they killed off all but about 10 seconds of the Ottawa PP before failing to clear. The shot they scored on was tremendous.

COMCASTMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2006, 09:53 AM
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American

Quote:
He is definitely the #1 right now. Just think we need something better when this team is ready to contend, but who knows, I have been wrong before. Once.
Haha, Johnny Dangerously! If you're making a reference to that, you've earned my respect.

But yeah, I just hope he doesn't pull a Thibault like last year and do a "Screw you guys, this defense sucks, I'm going home."

But from his attitude, I could see Esche being more likely to do that then Nitty.

Old
11-24-2006, 10:01 AM
mikedifr

Quote:
Haha, Johnny Dangerously! If you're making a reference to that, you've earned my respect.

But yeah, I just hope he doesn't pull a Thibault like last year and do a "Screw you guys, this defense sucks, I'm going home."

But from his attitude, I could see Esche being more likely to do that then Nitty.
Actually I wasnt, but now that you mention that, haha! Great movie!

"You shouldn't grab me, Johnny. My mother grabbed me once... ONCE!"

Esche is definitely a head case, although a lot of goalies are. Guess you need to be to want to do that job!