HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Better atmosphere in Habs locker room

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-24-2006, 10:32 AM
  #26
HH
GO HABS GO!
 
HH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,222
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan Walter View Post
Ribeiro is garbage.
In what sense? social relationships or hockey? I say he's doing fairly well in hockey, the other part lacks a bit.

HH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2006, 10:34 AM
  #27
Boston_Bruins
Registered User
 
Boston_Bruins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Prince Edward Island
Country: Canada
Posts: 588
vCash: 500
It's French I Can't Read It

Boston_Bruins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2006, 10:39 AM
  #28
advantage2006
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 288
vCash: 500
It's great to have great chemistry

advantage2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2006, 11:02 AM
  #29
All-Star
Registered User
 
All-Star's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Snake Mountain
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,429
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habs911 View Post
In what sense? social relationships or hockey? I say he's doing fairly well in hockey, the other part lacks a bit.
I think you missed the point.

All-Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2006, 11:08 AM
  #30
Shabutie
Registered User
 
Shabutie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Ottawa
Country: Portugal
Posts: 15,640
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catch-22 View Post
I think the central message of this article contradicts that.

Selon Bégin, il n'y a rien qui puisse venir de l'extérieur pour déconcentrer l'équipe. Sans nommer personne, les départs de Pierre Dagenais, José Théodore, Richard Zednik, Jan Bulis et Mike Ribeiro ont eu pour effet d'améliorer l'atmosphère dans l'équipe.

«Il n'y a plus de cliques, ajoute le fougueux attaquant. Au restaurant, tout le monde se mêle. Comme une famille.




Translation:
The departure of [insert player names] and Mike Ribeiro had the effect of improving the atmosphere around the team.

"There are no more cliques", Begin said. "At the restaurant, everybody gets along. Like a family."



Use of the word "everybody" suggests to me the inclusion of Kovalev, Samsonov and Plekanec. I am inclined to believe that Steve Begin then considers these guys part of the positive environment.

Shabutie, while I often enjoy reading your posts, I am hoping yhou can clarify something for me. I recall quite well that you were one of the most vocal defenders of Mike Ribeiro, who was well known to be the ring leader of the cancerous Ribeiro/Theodore/Dagenais clique. Doesn't that make criticism of guys like Kovalev a little shaky?

That is not to say that I disagree with you with regards to the contributions of some of the players you mentioned. Samsonov and Murray are clearly big disappointments so far. I will continue to believe that Plekanec's critics are simply too far ahead of themselves. Anyway, sorry to be a critic again.
First off, I just want to say that what you put in bold wasn't what Begin said, it's what who ever wrote the article assumes.

As for being a defender of Ribs...I've never defended who he is off-ice (although I have said that no one knows what goes on in the locker room). The problem I've had is with guys like you who said he was ineffective... Well clearly this year we've seen what he meant for the team (2nd PP is horrible). My criticism for Kovalev, doesn't cloud the fact that I KNOW he's very important to the team. I think he's also a key part of Markov wanting to re-sign here (although I'm not aware of if they are off-ice friends or not). Alex is the most talented player we've got and maybe I do like picking on him because he's not giving it 100% 3/4 nights...but the number 1 thing that irritates me is how he plays with others. His style just doesn't translate with many players on this team....He's got decent chemistry with Samsonov, but neither can finish their passes and from what we've seen he's got good chemistry with Koivu; However, we haven't seen him show anything with anyone else. Until Carbonneau realises this, I won't be able to like watching Kovalev play.

Edit: OH and as for Plekanec...I love the guy, I was just saying that he doesn't seem like a team spirit "booster" because I've never seen him talk, in the 2 years he's been here. However, that was only my opinion...I wasn't basing it on fact, just on what we see ON the ice. Obviously Carbo and Gainey know what goes off it, and I'm sure if any of the guys I've mentioned weren't getting part of the family, they'd be on their way out.

PSS: Much like you, I believe that Plekanec CAN fill the 2nd line role.

Shabutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2006, 11:14 AM
  #31
Shabutie
Registered User
 
Shabutie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Ottawa
Country: Portugal
Posts: 15,640
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan Walter View Post
Ribeiro is garbage.
I found that out last week, when I saw your dad picking out of him.

Shabutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2006, 03:22 PM
  #32
Montrealer
Registered User
 
Montrealer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Chambly QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,456
vCash: 500
Can't we show a little maturity?

Montrealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2006, 03:27 PM
  #33
MXD
Registered User
 
MXD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 20,347
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaptainKourage View Post
We need to bring back Ladouce !!!
+1

MXD is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:41 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.