HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Buffalo Bills: 3-4 (Colin Brown released, EJ out 4-6 weeks)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
09-23-2013, 06:48 PM
  #1
Mergus
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 202
vCash: 500
Buffalo Bills: 3-4 (Colin Brown released, EJ out 4-6 weeks)

I'm dumbfounded that people actually were impressed by Geno. Sorry, I'll take the guy who throws 1 TD and 0 INT's week in and week out over the guy with 2 TD's and 2 INT's (one in their own territory).

Geno has shown one thing he can do better than EJ, throw a ball to a wide open deep receiver. Does anyone have the all 22 from NFL.com? The bills receivers were COVERED UP all game. They had 0 seperation and EJ had a defender in his face all game. 16 QB pressures! Unacceptable. And not all of that is on EJ. He ended up getting frazzled though. On the one stalled drive he had the slot receiver wide open and lofted a floater out of bounds in the endzone. He should have picked up at least the 1st down there if not a TD.

Geno on the other hand had all day to throw against a depleted secondary. You're comparing apples to oranges. To boot, he STILL through 2 INT's and they weren't excusable INT's (IE deflected passes). They were right on the defenders.

Through 3 games.

QB 1: 689 yards, 4TD, 1INT, 59.3% completion percentage, 86 QBR
QB 2: 801 yards, 3 TD, 6INT, 53.9% completion percentage, 65 QBR

Put Gilmore in this game and he doesn't throw either of those TD's.

Not really a tough call which QB I'd rather the bills drafted.

You guys are getting sucked into the JP loserman illusion. He can throw a deep ball, but nothing else.

Mergus is offline  
Old
09-23-2013, 06:48 PM
  #2
SFTC Addict
Not Here To Be Liked
 
SFTC Addict's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Middle of nowhere
Posts: 10,054
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrigsAndGirgs View Post
Injury updates:

Expected to play next Sunday:
Dareus (ankle)
M. Williams (ankle)
Spiller (thigh)

Uncertain:
McKelvin (hamstring)

Out for season:
Carrington (torn quads, surgery today)

http://blogs.buffalonews.com/press-c...n.html?ref=bmh
Predictable on Carrington. Carted off the field.

I think they took Steejay out cause he sucked. The injury was just an excuse.

Dareus and Williams need to play. If they put pressure on Flacco they will be in this game. Rice might not even play

SFTC Addict is offline  
Old
09-23-2013, 06:49 PM
  #3
Mergus
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 202
vCash: 500
And before people start talking about, "well well well, he is 2-1 and EJ is 1-2, therefore the jets are way better".

Well, it is a team sport. One guy can't always win a game for his team. The jets one despite Geno yesterday. The bills weren't good enough to overcome their rookie not putting up big numbers.

Mergus is offline  
Old
09-23-2013, 06:58 PM
  #4
New Sabres Captain
ForFriendshipDikembe
 
New Sabres Captain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 38,199
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFTC Addict View Post
Predictable on Carrington. Carted off the field.

I think they took Steejay out cause he sucked. The injury was just an excuse.

Dareus and Williams need to play. If they put pressure on Flacco they will be in this game. Rice might not even play
They need McKelvin. Badly. And I still can't believe I am typing those words. Flacco will eat the secondary alive. They have a good offensive line so he'll get time, and Torrey Smith/Marlon Brown/guy off the street can get open against this defensive backfield.

New Sabres Captain is offline  
Old
09-23-2013, 09:46 PM
  #5
Djp
Registered User
 
Djp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Seattle,WA
Posts: 5,844
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by is the answer jesus View Post
You're missing the point. Geno Smith made the long accurate throws that Manuel can't. I won't be the guy that says they took the wrong qb, because quite frankly I don't see either one of these guys amounting to much of anything (and this isn't just based off of their limited experience @ the NFL level I've watched both in college). At least the Jets only used a 2nd rounder on Smith though...
The best part will be if we end up with a top 5 pick and pass on a real franchise qb in this coming draft because we "already have our guy". Sorry, rant over.

He threw long passes and got lucky on a few.

Djp is offline  
Old
09-23-2013, 10:46 PM
  #6
HockeyH3aven
#Flynnsanity
 
HockeyH3aven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Buffalo NY
Country: United States
Posts: 6,201
vCash: 500
I expect the EJ deep ball accuracy to improve a lot as time goes on. That's something you can definitely get a lot better at.

HockeyH3aven is offline  
Old
09-24-2013, 12:26 PM
  #7
SFTC Addict
Not Here To Be Liked
 
SFTC Addict's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Middle of nowhere
Posts: 10,054
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mergus View Post
I'm dumbfounded that people actually were impressed by Geno. Sorry, I'll take the guy who throws 1 TD and 0 INT's week in and week out over the guy with 2 TD's and 2 INT's (one in their own territory).

Geno has shown one thing he can do better than EJ, throw a ball to a wide open deep receiver. Does anyone have the all 22 from NFL.com? The bills receivers were COVERED UP all game. They had 0 seperation and EJ had a defender in his face all game. 16 QB pressures! Unacceptable. And not all of that is on EJ. He ended up getting frazzled though. On the one stalled drive he had the slot receiver wide open and lofted a floater out of bounds in the endzone. He should have picked up at least the 1st down there if not a TD.

Geno on the other hand had all day to throw against a depleted secondary. You're comparing apples to oranges. To boot, he STILL through 2 INT's and they weren't excusable INT's (IE deflected passes). They were right on the defenders.

Through 3 games.

QB 1: 689 yards, 4TD, 1INT, 59.3% completion percentage, 86 QBR
QB 2: 801 yards, 3 TD, 6INT, 53.9% completion percentage, 65 QBR

Put Gilmore in this game and he doesn't throw either of those TD's.

Not really a tough call which QB I'd rather the bills drafted.

You guys are getting sucked into the JP loserman illusion. He can throw a deep ball, but nothing else.
The first one was a bad throw. The second was a great play by Alonzo.

Lost cause didn't hit on TOO MANY deep balls. After awhile he sucked altogether.

Really neither QB will be anything special.

You can't say that because then they would target other defenders like Williams for example so they still could have happened

SFTC Addict is offline  
Old
09-25-2013, 03:17 PM
  #8
FanboySlayer*
*********
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 295
vCash: 500
If Manuel doesn't look any better in Game #16 than he does now then you go select another quarterback with your first pick - you don't win in the NFL without a high quality quarterback.



Past 20 Super Bowl winning QB's
***************************
  • Super Bowl 29. Steve Young
  • Super Bowl 30. Troy Aikman
  • Super Bowl 31. Brett Favre
  • Super Bowl 32. John Elway
  • Super Bowl 33. John Elway
  • Super Bowl 34. Kurt Warner
  • Super Bowl 35. Trent Dilfer
  • Super Bowl 36. Tom Brady
  • Super Bowl 37. Brad Johnson
  • Super Bowl 38. Tom Brady
  • Super Bowl 39. Tom Brady
  • Super Bowl 40. Ben Roethlisberger
  • Super Bowl 41. Peyton Manning
  • Super Bowl 42. Eli Manning
  • Super Bowl 43: Ben Roethlisberger
  • Super Bowl 44: Drew Brees
  • Super Bowl 45: Aaron Rogers
  • Super Bowl 46: Eli Manning
  • Super Bowl 47: Joe Flacco

FanboySlayer* is offline  
Old
09-25-2013, 03:52 PM
  #9
New Sabres Captain
ForFriendshipDikembe
 
New Sabres Captain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 38,199
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FanboySlayer View Post
If Manuel doesn't look any better in Game #16 than he does now then you go select another quarterback with your first pick - you don't win in the NFL without a high quality quarterback.

<list>
Here are rookie stats for a couple of the QBs listed (and no, not using Dilfer or Johnson...but the actual high quality QB's):

11 games, 155/293 (52.9%), 1749 yds, 9 TDs, 18 INTs
9 games, 95/197 (48.2%), 1043 yds, 6 TDs, 9 INTs

Don't look like Super Bowl QBs...until you realize they are Troy Aikman and Eli Manning.

Point is, you can't judge Manuel's long term prognosis by 1 season. He may very well not be anything close to those QBs, but the choice on whether to take a QB next year should be made on a) if that is the best player available at the particular draft spot, and b) if that QB you believe will be significantly better than Manuel to justify not upgrading at one of the multitude of positions this team needs upgrades on instead (OG, CB, SS, WR, etc.)

New Sabres Captain is offline  
Old
09-25-2013, 08:01 PM
  #10
drinking bleach irl
p trendy tbh
 
drinking bleach irl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Virginia
Country: Ras al-Khaimah
Posts: 10,991
vCash: 300
The last two super bowl winning quarterbacks have disproven the "elite QBs are necessary" theory

drinking bleach irl is offline  
Old
09-25-2013, 09:26 PM
  #11
Djp
Registered User
 
Djp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Seattle,WA
Posts: 5,844
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucky Gleason View Post
The last two super bowl winning quarterbacks have disproven the "elite QBs are necessary" theory


I agree.....

Flacco isnt elite.

Eli if he played like when he is hot he would be elite---but he is so damn inconsistant. His two super bowl wins amount to a .500 team who got hot.

Big Ben also isnt Elite---his first one came as a rookie.

Djp is offline  
Old
09-25-2013, 10:43 PM
  #12
jBuds
pretty damn valuable
 
jBuds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: NYC Suburbs
Country: Lord Howe Island
Posts: 26,906
vCash: 500
Dude really ? Give me roethlisberger any day of the week.

jBuds is offline  
Old
09-26-2013, 07:03 AM
  #13
SFTC Addict
Not Here To Be Liked
 
SFTC Addict's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Middle of nowhere
Posts: 10,054
vCash: 500
True I would take Pig Pen.

Guy isn't flashy but the team he plays for has never been an offensive juggernaut. But he's hard to bring down, tall and fat.

SFTC Addict is offline  
Old
09-26-2013, 11:38 AM
  #14
buffalowing88
Registered User
 
buffalowing88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,415
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djp View Post
I agree.....

Flacco isnt elite.

Eli if he played like when he is hot he would be elite---but he is so damn inconsistant. His two super bowl wins amount to a .500 team who got hot.

Big Ben also isnt Elite---his first one came as a rookie.
Hahahaha, the PFT comments section is the place to debate this crap. The word elite is such a subjective classification in and of itself.

buffalowing88 is offline  
Old
09-26-2013, 11:43 AM
  #15
bluetooth
Registered User
 
bluetooth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: San Diego, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 307
vCash: 500
The Onion has a laugh at the expense of The Bills.

http://www.theonion.com/articles/53-...players,34007/

bluetooth is offline  
Old
09-26-2013, 11:51 AM
  #16
dma0034
Registered User
 
dma0034's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 2,759
vCash: 600
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluetooth View Post
The Onion has a laugh at the expense of The Bills.

http://www.theonion.com/articles/53-...players,34007/
C.J Spiller

Is one of the better running back in the league but he plays for the Bills so **** him
-feel like this is an ESPN article

dma0034 is offline  
Old
09-26-2013, 12:19 PM
  #17
BuiltTagonTough
Stand still laddy!
 
BuiltTagonTough's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Buffalo
Country: United States
Posts: 10,493
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluetooth View Post
The Onion has a laugh at the expense of The Bills.

http://www.theonion.com/articles/53-...players,34007/
Eh, other than the CJ thing I found it less than funny. Just basically matching random insults to random players.

I am dissapoint Onion. I am disappoint.

BuiltTagonTough is offline  
Old
09-26-2013, 12:38 PM
  #18
jBuds
pretty damn valuable
 
jBuds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: NYC Suburbs
Country: Lord Howe Island
Posts: 26,906
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluetooth View Post
The Onion has a laugh at the expense of The Bills.

http://www.theonion.com/articles/53-...players,34007/
This was so unfunny it bothered me. What a waste of time.

jBuds is offline  
Old
09-26-2013, 01:34 PM
  #19
SFTC Addict
Not Here To Be Liked
 
SFTC Addict's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Middle of nowhere
Posts: 10,054
vCash: 500
No old men Byrd or Gilmore again?

Time to bet BIG AND HARD on that Buffalo ML!

SFTC Addict is offline  
Old
09-26-2013, 01:44 PM
  #20
dotcommunism
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,370
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jBuds View Post
This was so unfunny it bothered me. What a waste of time.
The idea was okay, but boy did that execution leave a lot to be desired. Half-assed and stupid

dotcommunism is offline  
Old
09-26-2013, 06:21 PM
  #21
New Sabres Captain
ForFriendshipDikembe
 
New Sabres Captain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 38,199
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dotcommunism View Post
The idea was okay, but boy did that execution leave a lot to be desired. Half-assed and stupid
Agreed. A tad bit more effort to make the insults (at least for the more notable players) make sense would have made the whole thing worth more.

New Sabres Captain is offline  
Old
09-28-2013, 03:44 PM
  #22
theaub
Lets go Hawks!
 
theaub's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Markham, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,591
vCash: 995
Heading down tomorrow; can I pick up beer at WalMart on Sunday morning for tailgating or should I grab at duty-free?

theaub is offline  
Old
09-28-2013, 05:51 PM
  #23
vcv
Moderator
Deal with it
 
vcv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Williamsville, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 13,427
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to vcv
Quote:
Originally Posted by theaub View Post
Heading down tomorrow; can I pick up beer at WalMart on Sunday morning for tailgating or should I grab at duty-free?
You can get beer, don't worry.

vcv is offline  
Old
09-28-2013, 06:04 PM
  #24
jflory81
Irken Elite
 
jflory81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 20,455
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to jflory81
I can't see this week going well. Literally the only thing Baltimore has done well this season is the deep ball; if Rodgers plays anything like last week at corner they'll be able to just throw the ball up to whoever he's covering. And I don't have much confidence the offense is going to be able to keep up...

27-10 Ravens.

jflory81 is offline  
Old
09-28-2013, 10:09 PM
  #25
dma0034
Registered User
 
dma0034's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 2,759
vCash: 600
Quote:
Originally Posted by jflory81 View Post
I can't see this week going well. Literally the only thing Baltimore has done well this season is the deep ball; if Rodgers plays anything like last week at corner they'll be able to just throw the ball up to whoever he's covering. And I don't have much confidence the offense is going to be able to keep up...

27-10 Ravens.
It will be a one score game 27-23 Ravens. Flacco is sporadic with throwing. Plus Rogers will be better this week ( Williams will be playing corner too).

dma0034 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:27 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.