HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Around the NHL: OMG HOCKEY Edition

Closed Thread

Old
09-26-2013, 12:39 AM
darko

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
I'd definitely rather have Kundratek than Johnson.
I'd take Kundratek over Johnson and Bickel.

Old
09-26-2013, 08:43 AM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Pierre LeBrun ‏@Real_ESPNLeBrun 1m
Said an NHL team exec from another team: "They'll be getting lots of calls now for sure because everyone knows their cap situation."
Look for Toronto to make a move

Old
09-26-2013, 08:46 AM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Pierre LeBrun ‏@Real_ESPNLeBrun 2m
Lots of teams, not just Toronto, likely will try to slide a number of guys on waivers that day... should be interesting
Waivers will be interesting on Sunday

Old
09-26-2013, 08:56 AM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Slats likes to tinker. I'd be surprised if we didn't end up claiming someone.

It's just pain.
Old
09-26-2013, 09:00 AM
Glen Teflon Sather
Like A Boss

Send a message via AIM to Glen Teflon Sather
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
All part of his 13 year plan

Old
09-26-2013, 09:04 AM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
I agree. I think that's why we are sitting at 49 contracts right now.

Old
09-26-2013, 10:18 AM
Levitate

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Viper View Post
I agree. I think that's why we are sitting at 49 contracts right now.
Wouldn't Stepan be 50

Old
09-26-2013, 10:20 AM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate View Post
Wouldn't Stepan be 50
If I count correctly, Stepan would be 49.

Old
09-26-2013, 10:25 AM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate View Post
Wouldn't Stepan be 50
Quote:
If I count correctly, Stepan would be 49.
Stepan makes 49. Donnay will slide, so it's really 48.

http://capgeek.com/rangers/reserve-list/?year_id=2013

Old
09-26-2013, 03:08 PM
SMantzas

Quote:
Originally Posted by aufheben View Post
I think you guys are excepting way too much out of Jagr and Clowe. I'm curious what was said about NYR when we acquired Clowe. I'd be surprised if Clowe even plays a full season, let alone puts up goals. Good teams don't depend on luck; I wonder how much of 12-13 was "bad luck", and how much was Parise's absence. Parise, Kovalchuk, Clarkson: that's your top 3 goalscoring threats gone in one calendar year.

Knowing the Devils, though, Larsson will turn into a star, Elias will have a Selke-calibre year, and Schneider will get a Vezina nomination. I think Lou has been spiking the kool-aid.

I know the game isn't played on paper, but look around the Met. Flyers will be better. Pens will still be atop. Blue Jackets have a nice team, Vezina winner, added Gaborik. Canes will be better if healthy. Islanders...I think they'll be good, but we'll see how losing Streit affects them. Capitals got worse, I think, but Ovechkin could carry that team on his back to the playoffs. Rangers will be better. I'm hesitant to say the Devils got better by adding Schneider, yet, as he's never played more than 33 games in a season. Clarkson, Kovy, even Poni was good for the Devils.

I dont think any team except the Penguins and (probably) the Rangers are definitively better than NJ.

Philly- I'm not sold on their defense and obviously their goaltending. They don't have many good defensive forwards aside from Couturier and Talbot.

CBJ- No way am I sold on them. I think their defense is overrated (JJ is really bad) and I'm not convinced Bob is elite. I think their forwards will be better with Horton and a full year of Gaborik

Washington- I think they will struggle at first, but they may come on strong at the end. Ovechkin torched crappy goalies like Pavelec, Theodore and Lindback/Roloson. I think he still scores 40, but look at Kovalchuk's splits vs the SE and then against the Atlantic. Lundqvist, Schneider and Bob is a pretty big step up from what they're used to

Carolina- D is awful and Ward hasn't been great in a while

Old
09-26-2013, 03:22 PM
Blue Blooded

vCash: 504
Quote:
Look for Toronto to make a move
Quote:
Waivers will be interesting on Sunday
There is not one player that Toronto would be willing to part with that I want.

They have three interesting defencemen in Gunnarsson, Gardiner, and Ranger, that all play the left side. Bad fit.

The only interesting forwards they have after losing Grabovski and MacArthur are Kessel, Kadri, and JvR, who are all untouchable.

Nonis is a spectacularly bad GM IMO, and Carlyle seems clueless as to what a team needs to win.

I hope they deem Kessel's salary demands unreasonable and he goes West as a UFA and gets to show his real worth away from the shackles of Tyler Bozak.

I think he could put a team like St. Louis over the top.

Old
09-26-2013, 03:27 PM
Blue Blooded

vCash: 504
Quote:
Originally Posted by SMantzas View Post
I dont think any team except the Penguins and (probably) the Rangers are definitively better than NJ.

Philly- I'm not sold on their defense and obviously their goaltending. They don't have many good defensive forwards aside from Couturier and Talbot.

CBJ- No way am I sold on them. I think their defense is overrated (JJ is really bad) and I'm not convinced Bob is elite. I think their forwards will be better with Horton and a full year of Gaborik

Washington- I think they will struggle at first, but they may come on strong at the end. Ovechkin torched crappy goalies like Pavelec, Theodore and Lindback/Roloson. I think he still scores 40, but look at Kovalchuk's splits vs the SE and then against the Atlantic. Lundqvist, Schneider and Bob is a pretty big step up from what they're used to

I agree with everything except the (probably) in the first sentence.

To add on for Washington, Ovechkin had a 5v4 shooting percentage of 22.54%. He wasn't even going to repeat that if they had stayed in a division with four of the bottom five PK units and kept Ribeiro. In the Metro division without Ribeiro, I don't even think he is a lock for 40+.

He will probably get it, but he isn't a lock.

Old
09-26-2013, 03:43 PM
SMantzas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Blooded View Post
I agree with everything except the (probably) in the first sentence.

To add on for Washington, Ovechkin had a 5v4 shooting percentage of 22.54%. He wasn't even going to repeat that if they had stayed in a division with four of the bottom five PK units and kept Ribeiro. In the Metro division without Ribeiro, I don't even think he is a lock for 40+.

He will probably get it, but he isn't a lock.
Yeah, he did a lot of his damage on the PP and we know that the league is largely 5v5 based. 40, is definitely attainable, and I'd say he'll be somewhere between 35-45. He isn't used to seeing defenses like NYR, NJ, CBJ and PIT. Luckily, there's still Carolina

Old
09-26-2013, 03:48 PM
Tawnos
BoH Mod Only

Quote:
Yeah, he did a lot of his damage on the PP and we know that the league is largely 5v5 based. 40, is definitely attainable, and I'd say he'll be somewhere between 35-45. He isn't used to seeing defenses like NYR, NJ, CBJ and PIT. Luckily, there's still Carolina
Except for CBJ, he's not going to be playing against those defenses any more often than he would have in the old alignment. He gets to play less against the D of Boston and Ottawa.

Old
09-26-2013, 05:21 PM
Giglio NYR15
Section 417

Anybody know whats going on with Linus Omark?

Old
09-26-2013, 05:52 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Blooded View Post
There is not one player that Toronto would be willing to part with that I want.

They have three interesting defencemen in Gunnarsson, Gardiner, and Ranger, that all play the left side. Bad fit.

The only interesting forwards they have after losing Grabovski and MacArthur are Kessel, Kadri, and JvR, who are all untouchable.

Nonis is a spectacularly bad GM IMO, and Carlyle seems clueless as to what a team needs to win.

I hope they deem Kessel's salary demands unreasonable and he goes West as a UFA and gets to show his real worth away from the shackles of Tyler Bozak.

I think he could put a team like St. Louis over the top.
JVR isn't untouchable at all. I don't see how he would be, anyway.

Old
09-26-2013, 05:52 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giglio NYR15 View Post
He sucks.

Old
09-26-2013, 07:56 PM
Glen Teflon Sather
Like A Boss

Send a message via AIM to Glen Teflon Sather
Top 10 list of the most hated players in the league today. Thoughts?
http://nhl.si.com/2013/02/07/the-lis...hated-players/

Old
09-26-2013, 08:12 PM
OverTheCap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clowe Knows Best View Post
Pretty accurate list but I think Matt Cooke and Chris Neil belong on there as well. Hartnell would be on the cusp, he probably isn't universally disliked throughout the league but I know many Rangers fans hate him.

Old
09-26-2013, 11:19 PM
darko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
He sucks.

Why you no fan of his skillzzz?

Old
09-27-2013, 09:49 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clowe Knows Best View Post
Excerpt:

So maybe the recent report on Hockey Night In Canada suggesting that Subban is hated in the Habs’ dressing room was overstated, but it’s obvious that he has bridges to rebuild, and not just because of his lengthy contract dispute. Subban’s flashy personality on and off the ice is a break from hockey tradition, and that clearly rankles some people. Too bad. I think the game needs more characters like him.

Anyone have a link or know more about this?

Old
09-27-2013, 10:00 PM
Punxrocknyc19*

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverTheCap View Post
Pretty accurate list but I think Matt Cooke and Chris Neil belong on there as well. Hartnell would be on the cusp, he probably isn't universally disliked throughout the league but I know many Rangers fans hate him.
only reason i hate him is because when he got traded to the Flyers, he broke out.... bad enough its on a team in the east but also one of the rivals... i do love Simmonds when on the Kings until he got traded to the Flyers. i wish Rangers had a guy like Hartnell in their system and roster..

Old
09-27-2013, 10:05 PM
Punxrocknyc19*

im really liking this Hrivik Lindberg Miller line... i doubt they all make the team sadly....

Old
09-28-2013, 10:38 PM
JR#9*

Quote:

I love the sky-high overconfidence of Devil fans....can't wait to hear the excuses like we have about how dominant they were last yr but just had bad puck!!!

Just because you guys got some new faces, none outside of Schnieder warrants the circle jerk that's been going on in Devil land.

Jägr may start strong but will be totally gassed by new yrs day, Ryder while on a good contract is as streaky as it comes with the goal scoring and when he's not scoring goals he brings nothing else, Clowe may be the slowest player in the NHL and is a rapidly declining power forward who yrs of tough play seems to have hit him all at once as we've seen often with players like him over 30.

Zajac gives not one Eason to believe he will again be a significant offensive player and looks more to be an elite 3rd liner who can put up35 pts but simply lacks the offensive ability to create enough to be a top 2 line center on a good offensive team.

That puts a ton of pressure on Henrique to be the top and maybe only offensive center and when a guy is coming off a season where he was only on pace for a whopping ten whole assists that may be asking a bit much...

The Devils defense is also among, if not the worst team at creating offense from the backend and that hasn't changed.

And while Schneider is a legit top goalie I can't wait for the drama where he has to sit on the bench for AT LEAST HALF the games because Marty's ego will dictate that even if he isn't nearly as good as Cory so that will be fun watching, especially with Schnieder free to walk free after next season if he doesn't get the role he is looking for...

Other than that, you're right--- they look great!!

Old
09-29-2013, 03:41 AM
Sticky Fingers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giglio NYR15 View Post
Waived, cleared. Lot of skills, not willing to work and train hard, from what I've understood.

Closed Thread