HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Steve Sullivan

Old
11-19-2006, 10:49 AM
kaptain canuck

vCash: 500
Steve Sullivan

I know that he just came back from "back spasms", but I've recently seen that he was listed as day-to-day with a slight groin strain, but he seems to still be playing. Just wondered if any of you that follow the preds know his health status, and whether or not he's getting better? Thanks for the update.

kaptain canuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2006, 11:00 AM
Joe T Choker
Las Vegas Black Aces

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptain canuck View Post
I know that he just came back from "back spasms", but I've recently seen that he was listed as day-to-day with a slight groin strain, but he seems to still be playing. Just wondered if any of you that follow the preds know his health status, and whether or not he's getting better? Thanks for the update.
he looked a-ok last night

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2006, 08:11 AM
JamieG

He has never been the same ever since he was knocked out cold last year in Calgary.

JamieG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2006, 08:29 AM
PredDave

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieG View Post
He has never been the same ever since he was knocked out cold last year in Calgary.
I must be on crack because I don't remember Sully ever being knocked out cold last year???

Are you talking about Steve Sullivan? Knocked out, unconscious?

PredDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2006, 10:34 AM
Basher
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Basher Send a message via MSN to Basher Send a message via Skype™ to Basher
its okay, jamieg is a reputable source.

Basher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2006, 11:23 AM
veronesepk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basher View Post
its okay, jamieg is a reputable source.
True that .

Anybody else thing that the trade to acquire Sullivan was the pivotal move in the history of our beloved franchise? That was definitely one of my happier days.

veronesepk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2006, 02:42 PM
DontCallPlayersStuds
It's weird and gross

Quote:
Originally Posted by veronesepk View Post
True that .

Anybody else thing that the trade to acquire Sullivan was the pivotal move in the history of our beloved franchise? That was definitely one of my happier days.
I'd call it the turning point, actually. We wouldn't have made the playoffs that first year without him. Everything has been on the upswing since that day.

And JamieG...I'm not sure what you mean, Sullivan has been our best player...since he's been here, and right now is no exception.

Flames fan, I surmise? THEY have never been quite the same since they got knocked out cold in game 7 of the finals 2 years ago

DontCallPlayersStuds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2006, 08:05 AM
JamieG

Sullivan knocked unconscious

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredDave View Post
I must be on crack because I don't remember Sully ever being knocked out cold last year???

Are you talking about Steve Sullivan? Knocked out, unconscious?
Yes. He definitely was. You don't remember it? It was a late game, maybe you didn't watch it?

He was skating through center and accidentally collided with a Calgary player, the name escapes me. Maybe McCarty or Regehr. Sullivan was definitely out cold. Two Preds needed to carry him off the ice.

I could get the exact date of the game if you wanted. I remember it was during the road trip that they brought all of the dad's along. Remember that one? It was the game in Calgary on that trip.

Old
11-22-2006, 08:11 AM
JamieG

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorekids View Post
I'd call it the turning point, actually. We wouldn't have made the playoffs that first year without him. Everything has been on the upswing since that day.

And JamieG...I'm not sure what you mean, Sullivan has been our best player...since he's been here, and right now is no exception.

Flames fan, I surmise? THEY have never been quite the same since they got knocked out cold in game 7 of the finals 2 years ago
You're giving Steve Sullivan far too much credit. He definitely can be dazzling at times and scores some pretty goals, but he's very inconsistent and he always disappears when it counts the most. Ask the Blackhawks about that. Sullivan plays great when there is no pressure on. That's when he always racks up his points. Then when it matters he's invisible.

And last year, as I said, after he was knocked out, he went downhill ever since. There is no way he's been the same player this year as he was at the beginning of last year.

Old
11-22-2006, 10:40 AM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Quote:
You're giving Steve Sullivan far too much credit. He definitely can be dazzling at times and scores some pretty goals, but he's very inconsistent and he always disappears when it counts the most. Ask the Blackhawks about that. Sullivan plays great when there is no pressure on. That's when he always racks up his points. Then when it matters he's invisible.

And last year, as I said, after he was knocked out, he went downhill ever since. There is no way he's been the same player this year as he was at the beginning of last year.
Really, maybe your right about the "knocked out cold bit". I certainly do not remember it, but hey, I can't remember everything. However, your analysis on Sullivan as a player since then is dead wrong. He hasn't went downhill, and he is currently enjoying probably his best start to a season...

11-22-2006, 10:55 AM
Joe T Choker
Las Vegas Black Aces

http://www.nashvillepredators.com/pr...p?story_id=683

Quote:
In the midst of these flaring tempers, Predators forward Steve Sullivan had to be helped off the ice after an accidental center-ice collision with Matthew Lombardi at 5:17.

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2006, 06:00 PM
JamieG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe T Choker View Post
Thank you, Joe T for providing the link. People shouldn't have doubted me, I know what I'm talking about.

And it's simply not true to say Sullivan is off to his best start. He's had much better starts to seasons, and he definitely has not played as well as he did prior to the Calgary incident.

Regardless though, I'd trade a hot stretch when it doesn't matter to some clutch games by Sullivan when the games are really important. That's the real knock on Sullivan.

Old
11-22-2006, 06:08 PM
DontCallPlayersStuds
It's weird and gross

Quote:
Thank you, Joe T for providing the link. People shouldn't have doubted me, I know what I'm talking about.

And it's simply not true to say Sullivan is off to his best start. He's had much better starts to seasons, and he definitely has not played as well as he did prior to the Calgary incident.

Regardless though, I'd trade a hot stretch when it doesn't matter to some clutch games by Sullivan when the games are really important. That's the real knock on Sullivan.
what would we know.

we only watch him play every single game. but i mean, clearly you know what you're talking about, so watching every game is strictly a formality, really...

DontCallPlayersStuds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2006, 06:43 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Yeah, and he's only averaging 1.31 points per game the highest in career ( on pace for a career high 104 points). I'm glad he's off to a slow start.

And he does disappear in crunch time. Remember when we were making our first playoff push and signed him with 24 games left to go in the season and he only put up 9 goals and 30 points?

triggrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2006, 06:45 PM
veronesepk

Quote:

JamieG, you're the guy that Steve Sullivan is pointing at and mocking after busting up his nose in that video, right?

veronesepk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2006, 03:21 PM
jstreet
Sad McDavid

vCash: 50
I voted Sully for the AllStar game!

jstreet is offline   Reply With Quote