HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Coyotes looking for top-6 forward

Old
09-26-2013, 10:56 PM
snizzbone
Give me the puck ;-)

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by glassbangers View Post
Lol you can't be serious? IMO even the original proposal was an overpayment by Toronto. You want Kadri/Rielly, you add Gormley and Rundblad to the original proposal.
Unsigned Kessel going to a low budget team in Phoenix for their franchise dman, recent 1st rounder, and upcoming first rounder, is not overpayment by Toronto.

Kessel would never resign with Phoenix. It would be a rental.

snizzbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2013, 10:58 PM
Drew311
Bustlander

Quote:
Originally Posted by SniperHF View Post
That deal doesn't fit team need. Trading Boedker in a deal designed to add a top 6 forward doesn't make sense.
Is Boedker a top 6 forward in Phoenix? I'll admit I don't get to see Phoenix play much, but his production doesn't seem to be that of a top 6 winger.

With the addition of JVR at least the Yotes get a winger for their top line, i'm assuming they are looking externally because you can't count of players like Boedker for top 6 production.

I see the deal in terms of:

Leafs get #2 defenseman + 3rd line winger

Yotes get 1st line winger + #4 defenseman

Last edited by Drew311: 09-26-2013 at 11:08 PM.
Drew311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2013, 11:03 PM
IPreferPi
A Nonny Mouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew311 View Post
Is Boedker a top 6 forward in Phoenix? I'll admit I don't get to see Phoenix play much, but his production doesn't seem to be that of a top 6 winger.
Boedker really only started receiving Top 6 minutes starting in the 2012 playoffs and last season. 0.54 PPG in 48 games last season is borderline Top 6 production - hopefully playing with Ribeiro allows him to improve his production even further. But yes, Boeds is considered a Top 6 forward for us.

IPreferPi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2013, 11:05 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by iCanada View Post
Hemsky for David Moss.

Yeah?
If you can even up the cash, I'd do it. Brown can take Moss' spot on the PP. We can drop Lessio down to the AHL and pick up Szwarz to take Moss' spot on the PK.

Doan-Ribeiro-Boedker
Hemsky-Hanzal-Vrbata
Korpikoski-Vermette-Brown
Klinkhammer-Chipchura-Szwarz
Bissonnette

Can Hemsky play his off wing? Vrbata has never done it as a Coyote and I hate to mess with success.

09-26-2013, 11:06 PM
SniperHF
Global Moderator

Quote:

Well that's definitely part of why our top 6 needs upgrading. Right now he's probably our top line LW. Even with another winger brought in he'd still easily be in the top 6.

He's got more offensive ability than Korpi or Moss and upside. Last season he did pretty well in the top six the first couple months then his production declined a bit. Being a short season it's kinda hard to evaluate. But most of us are hoping for a breakout.

SniperHF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2013, 11:07 PM
IPreferPi
A Nonny Mouse

Quote:
Hemsky for David Moss.

Yeah?
Oilers would have to retain max salary on Hemsky. But if Hemsky can play LW, definitely worth consideration. Certainly would be wiling to throw in draft pick to ensure salary retention.

Old
09-26-2013, 11:07 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by IPreferPi View Post
Boedker really only started receiving Top 6 minutes starting in the 2012 playoffs and last season. 0.54 PPG in 48 games last season is borderline Top 6 production - hopefully playing with Ribeiro allows him to improve his production even further. But yes, Boeds is considered a Top 6 forward for us.
His swagger has been building. He's looked like a full blown man at this camp. Confident, strong, fast. He's always had retarded skill. I think he's going to break out.

rt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2013, 11:09 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Oilers would have to retain max salary on Hemsky. But if Hemsky can play LW, definitely worth consideration. Certainly would be wiling to throw in draft pick to ensure salary retention.
To even up the money, I'd go high pick. Provided Hemsky can actually play LW.

rt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
Money Baer
COYS

vCash: 50
Stempniak for a 2nd?

Money Baer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
IPreferPi
A Nonny Mouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
His swagger has been building. He's looked like a full blown man at this camp. Confident, strong, fast. He's always had retarded skill. I think he's going to break out.
Oh definitely. He's been looking great so far. Last season before the lockout I predicted a 25g/50 point breakout season from him. Certainly will be willing to give that another go. :-)

Old
SupremeTeam16

I would say Hemsky but I almost don't wan't to give him up, he has been looking a bit like the old hemsky lately hopefully he can stay healthy put some points up and contribute. Get his stock up. For some reason him Hall and Smyth have found a bit of chemistry but who knows how long it last.

SupremeTeam16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2013, 11:10 PM
Drew311
Bustlander

Could there be anything be done around JVR and Yandle from a Coyotes fan perspective?

Old
09-26-2013, 11:11 PM
CanadienShark

Quote:
Originally Posted by glassbangers View Post
Lol you can't be serious? IMO even the original proposal was an overpayment by Toronto. You want Kadri/Rielly, you add Gormley and Rundblad to the original proposal.
You're joking...

Phoenix would not trade OEL for Kessel straight up, let alone adding.

CanadienShark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2013, 11:12 PM
TehDoak
General Zad

Send a message via AIM to TehDoak
Stafford+ for Yandle?

Buffalo needs to make some room in the forward ranks and Stafford is a decent 20-25 goal guy, though, a bit streaky.

TehDoak is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2013, 11:15 PM
XX
Lots of Try

Quote:
Originally Posted by TehDoak View Post
Stafford+ for Yandle?

Buffalo needs to make some room in the forward ranks and Stafford is a decent 20-25 goal guy, though, a bit streaky.
Really, guy?

How about some of the spare young players on the Coyotes for Heatley or Hemsky with salary retained? Problem solved.0

Quote:
Could there be anything be done around JVR and Yandle from a Coyotes fan perspective?
Yes but you'd have to add. Yandle is going to demand a premium, especially now that it isn't summer and his salary is very attractive. I don't know why the Leafs would want him, however.

XX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2013, 11:15 PM
Magnifique

Quote:
Originally Posted by wally31 View Post
Stempniak for a 2nd?
We tried Stempniak out already. I don't see him coming back.

Magnifique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2013, 11:18 PM
iCanada

vCash: 400
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
If you can even up the cash, I'd do it. Brown can take Moss' spot on the PP. We can drop Lessio down to the AHL and pick up Szwarz to take Moss' spot on the PK.

Doan-Ribeiro-Boedker
Hemsky-Hanzal-Vrbata
Korpikoski-Vermette-Brown
Klinkhammer-Chipchura-Szwarz
Bissonnette

Can Hemsky play his off wing? Vrbata has never done it as a Coyote and I hate to mess with success.

I'd have no problems with the Oilers retaining salary, I think max they can retain though is like 2.5 mill, I think the Yotes have cap space for it. That being said, it also not exactly my money either. haha.

That being said, I dont think Hemsky has ever officially played Left Wing, or really been tried at left wing for that matter. That being said, I dont really see why he couldn't he has the Hockey IQ and generates more chances off the cycle than the rush anyway (which I do believe is part of why he has been struggling of late, but I digress. Oilers Cycle last few years been brutal.) as typically he is the one collecting the puck in his own end and dishing it out of the zone.

I thought Boedker was a LW also? NHL.com has him as LW, Yotes website has him listed as such as well, and while it common for NHL.com to screw it up, player positions on team sites usually pretty accurate.

I'd like the Oilers look with Moss instead of Hemsky...

Hall-Gagner-Yakupov
Perron-RNH-Eberle
Joensuu/Smyth-Gordon-Moss
Eager/Joensuu-Acton-Brown
MacIntyre

Ference-Schultz
Smid-Petry
Belov-Larsen/Schultz

Looks pretty good to me.

iCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2013, 11:20 PM
bobbyt91
you must quote me :P

Quote:
Oh definitely. He's been looking great so far. Last season before the lockout I predicted a 25g/50 point breakout season from him. Certainly will be willing to give that another go. :-)
I have been a fan of Boedker's since he was with the Kitchener Rangers. He used to get the puck at his own hash marks and circle around his own net gathering speed and have these beauty end to enders.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadienShark View Post
You're joking...

Phoenix would not trade OEL for Kessel straight up, let alone adding.
WOW just wow Kessel is top 5 in RWingers is OEL top 5 D? soon Kessel will get the respect he deserves.

bobbyt91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2013, 11:25 PM
IPreferPi
A Nonny Mouse

Quote:
I thought Boedker was a LW also? NHL.com has him as LW, Yotes website has him listed as such as well, and while it common for NHL.com to screw it up, player positions on team sites usually pretty accurate.
Boedker is an LW although he can play RW as well. Doan can play RW but can also play LW. Reason we ask is that Hemsky would be a perfect fit as playmaker for Hanzal and Vrbata, and Vrby plays RW. We could slide Doan or Boedker back down to 2LW, but I don't think Hemsky's talents would be maximized playing on Ribeiro's wing.

Old
09-26-2013, 11:25 PM
CanadienShark

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyt911 View Post
WOW just wow Kessel is top 5 in RWingers is OEL top 5 D? soon Kessel will get the respect he deserves.
THAT is your reasoning? Ask Phoenix fans, I'm 99% sure they'll all agree with me.

CanadienShark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2013, 11:27 PM
Drew311
Bustlander

Quote:
Originally Posted by XX View Post
Yes but you'd have to add. Yandle is going to demand a premium, especially now that it isn't summer and his salary is very attractive. I don't know why the Leafs would want him, however.
Leafs greatest need is a bonafide #2 defenseman to pair with Phaneuf. A minute munching, point producing d-man like Yandle seems ideal, although i'm not sure if they would have chemistry.

How is Yandle defensively?

Old
09-26-2013, 11:28 PM
IPreferPi
A Nonny Mouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyt911 View Post
It's not really a knock on Kessel. Nonetheless, franchise #1D > franchise winger, and considering we just resigned OEL to an long-term and fair extension and Kessel is an impeding UFA, there really is no way Maloney would ever contemplate a move between the two unless Toronto adds substantially.

Old
09-26-2013, 11:29 PM
XX
Lots of Try

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadienShark View Post
THAT is your reasoning? Ask Phoenix fans, I'm 99% sure they'll all agree with me.
Even if you take his argument at face value, the top 5 D is always worth more than an equivalent forward. The only exception being sometimes a superstar #1C. I'd love to have Kessel, but the Leafs probably aren't interested in a handful of young assets and a pick for their top scorer. An extension would have to be agreed upon ahead of time anyways.

Too many variables.

XX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2013, 11:30 PM
TJinAZ

On TSN's list of top 50

Quote:
Kessel is 43 and moving down. OEL is 44 and moving up.

Edit Kessel is moving up as well. thought he was higher last year but was 47

TJinAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2013, 11:30 PM
Grant
LL Genius

vCash: 50
Hurry up and get a top 6 guy so Domi can do back to London please.

Grant is offline   Reply With Quote