HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official OT Thread--Kings Lounge XII

Closed Thread

Old
09-02-2013, 08:55 PM
dunbar42

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsholygrail View Post
Did he see you from the bushes?
LOL no, he walked right by me.

Old
09-02-2013, 11:02 PM
Gentle Ben Kenobi
That's no moon......

vCash: 863
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunbar42 View Post
LOL no, he walked right by me.
Were you wearing camoflauge

Old
09-02-2013, 11:33 PM
ElKingsFan92

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dingo View Post
Were you wearing camoflauge
Well, the poster's probably not a hot blonde or someone's GF, so...

Old
09-03-2013, 04:03 PM
Gentle Ben Kenobi
That's no moon......

Bad Ass!

Old
09-05-2013, 11:23 PM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

Queen my dishes please!

Old
09-05-2013, 11:28 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy The Elf View Post
Queen my dishes please!
face wash's son is so chute.

Old
09-06-2013, 12:17 AM
FrozenKing18
Top Drawer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy the elf View Post
queen my dishes please!
clean!

Old
09-11-2013, 08:56 AM
jwhouk
Cheesehead Pred

RIP Ace Bailey and Mark Bavis. They were just doing their jobs.

Old
09-14-2013, 11:43 PM
Butch 19
King me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron View Post
^^^ Please tell me this song did not sell well.

Otherwise, I would completely lose my faith in human beings.
^^^^ That song genuinely pissed me off!!! How does that "song" even get made??

The song was terrible, and she really can't sing. Much worse than I could have imagined.

And get off my lawn ***** too!

Old
09-17-2013, 03:43 PM
Maynard

Send a message via AIM to Maynard
Hey now!

Last edited by Maynard: 09-18-2013 at 02:26 AM. Reason: ehh....spammy
Old
09-21-2013, 02:24 PM
Gentle Ben Kenobi
That's no moon......

16 Candles is on.

"What's Happening hot stuff"

Old
09-21-2013, 11:43 PM
The Black1963
Grit & Character

vCash: 3733
lol.

People booing Jones win over Gustafsson. It was a great fight, but Jones landed more punches, elbows, kicks and was clearly the aggressor.

I wouldn't mind seeing a rematch. Gustafsson's a much better fighter than I had thought.

Old
09-25-2013, 12:35 AM
Gentle Ben Kenobi
That's no moon......

#moonshine

Old
09-25-2013, 11:15 AM
Gentle Ben Kenobi
That's no moon......

Old
09-26-2013, 10:55 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

For Buddy

I have been making largely OM model slot head acoustic guitars lately but have been a builder for over 20 years now. I will try to post some pics when I get a chance.

Old
09-28-2013, 01:08 PM
Butch 19
King me

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrozenKing18 View Post
clean!
queen!

Old
10-01-2013, 04:13 PM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellisghost View Post
For Buddy

I have been making largely OM model slot head acoustic guitars lately but have been a builder for over 20 years now. I will try to post some pics when I get a chance.
That's awesome! whenever you have a chance, post some pics here. Have you done and electric builds? I can't imagine what you charge for something hand built like that but should I ever find myself with some extra change in my pocket, I might have to hit you up and buy something from you.

Old
10-01-2013, 04:38 PM
Gentle Ben Kenobi
That's no moon......

I wanna do hood rat stuff with my friends

Old
10-01-2013, 05:00 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dingo View Post
I wanna do hood rat stuff with my friends

Old
10-01-2013, 06:34 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Quote:
That's awesome! whenever you have a chance, post some pics here. Have you done and electric builds? I can't imagine what you charge for something hand built like that but should I ever find myself with some extra change in my pocket, I might have to hit you up and buy something from you.
about 15 years ago I made a dozen Rick clones for a band and I have made several acoustic electrics. I make 5 or 6 electric guitars per year (though I only made 4 guitars total this past year) when I can.

I use the Denny Zager technique for my set ups and really all of my guitars come set up in his fashion. I am lucky enough to have had more orders then time for the past several years but after this season I will try and catch up and then get back to trying to make a run at making otc guitars again.

I have seen a couple of my guitars show up for sale on line over the years. My logo is allot like the old Northstars emblem (an elongated N with a star on top) with the exception being a small W over an X in the middle. It sounds busy but it looks good or at least it does to me.

North X Northwest is the name I build under or it was, for the past couple of years I just build guitars with the N on the headstock or if I am building a slotted head I just allow the inset info to be my mark.

I will post some pics. I will try to get to them this weekend. Always happy to meet a fellow enthusiast.

Old
10-02-2013, 12:07 PM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

Quote:
about 15 years ago I made a dozen Rick clones for a band and I have made several acoustic electrics. I make 5 or 6 electric guitars per year (though I only made 4 guitars total this past year) when I can.

I use the Denny Zager technique for my set ups and really all of my guitars come set up in his fashion. I am lucky enough to have had more orders then time for the past several years but after this season I will try and catch up and then get back to trying to make a run at making otc guitars again.

I have seen a couple of my guitars show up for sale on line over the years. My logo is allot like the old Northstars emblem (an elongated N with a star on top) with the exception being a small W over an X in the middle. It sounds busy but it looks good or at least it does to me.

North X Northwest is the name I build under or it was, for the past couple of years I just build guitars with the N on the headstock or if I am building a slotted head I just allow the inset info to be my mark.

I will post some pics. I will try to get to them this weekend. Always happy to meet a fellow enthusiast.
Really cool stuff, man. Do you go on any guitar/gear boards? I used to go on Harmony Central a bit but stopped when they re-did the site. Some of the guys there post their builds all they way through from start to finish and I'm always in awe of what some regular people can do. I say regular meaning that isn't their career but a hobby. I wish I had a shred of talent for that sort of thing but I'm useless with my hands in any constructive sense. I do more harm than good with tools which is why I sit at a desk all day. Even playing the guitar is a bit like a square peg in a round hole but I love it so much that I've forced myself to get better at it over the years.

If there are three things I love in life it is hockey, guitars and women. Probably in that order... well, you could interchange hockey and guitars on any given year but women are always a distant 3rd.

Old
10-05-2013, 10:52 AM
Omni Owl

Speakin' of guitars, I'm lookin' for a new bass. There's way too many out there. I kinda wanna get a Univox but those have gone way up, kind of like the Peavey T-40's have. Had no idea you were a luthier Tonelli thats rad...

Old
10-05-2013, 12:37 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Quote:
Really cool stuff, man. Do you go on any guitar/gear boards? I used to go on Harmony Central a bit but stopped when they re-did the site. Some of the guys there post their builds all they way through from start to finish and I'm always in awe of what some regular people can do. I say regular meaning that isn't their career but a hobby. I wish I had a shred of talent for that sort of thing but I'm useless with my hands in any constructive sense. I do more harm than good with tools which is why I sit at a desk all day. Even playing the guitar is a bit like a square peg in a round hole but I love it so much that I've forced myself to get better at it over the years.

If there are three things I love in life it is hockey, guitars and women. Probably in that order... well, you could interchange hockey and guitars on any given year but women are always a distant 3rd.
We are kindred spirits Buddy. The only thing I would add is family.

I used to be an advisor on the old Harmony site but they sure ruined things when they changed up. I was exactly the same way you were when it comes to working with my hands but then I spent a few months with Denny Zager and his family and he forced me to learn how to do a proper set up on a guitar. It took me a long time to get it (pitch sustain and balance married to the ease of playability is the key to a great guitar is what Denny used to say to me a million times a day).

Once I did the instrument just sort of opened up to me and I asked for a hand on building one. It took several attempts to get a good one and even then Denny made me french polish the dang thing so it took forever to finish.

That was decades ago and I have built a bunch of guitars since then. If you ever want to really try your hand at it for cheap I know of a couple of kit makes that are solid and you end up with a great guitar when your done.

Do you play acoustic or electric more often?

Favorite guitar(s)?

I play everything with strings on it or at least everything I play that has strings on it sounds pretty much the same. Average with fleeting moments of slightly above average only to return right back to average.

Other then my own I love everything. I have my favorite builders but I have several post war Japanese clone models that were hand built by the best and I love them. I have a bunch of old Gibson and Martin guitars but I don't play the all too often. For the last few years I have been building and playing Irish Bouzuki's.

Oh well back to work.

Old
10-05-2013, 03:03 PM
Legionnaire
Kill! Jeff, Kill!!!

You were on HC and left like me too then? That is crazy. Amps and Fx were some characters for sure, but I ended up posting in OJ because those guys were so funny. Not really a surprise there, is it?

10-07-2013, 05:53 PM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabwaylingo View Post
Speakin' of guitars, I'm lookin' for a new bass. There's way too many out there. I kinda wanna get a Univox but those have gone way up, kind of like the Peavey T-40's have. Had no idea you were a luthier Tonelli thats rad...
Yeah I'm not much of a bass player but I bought a BC Rich Mockinbird bass about a year ago. I bought it because I wanted a bass and I got it for $150 and the thing is neck through construction but it has active pickups which I'm not a huge fan of. Definitely a full on metal guitar!

Re: Peavey guitars, I used to have a USA made peavey predator. It was actually my first guitar and I gave it away. Those things actually sell for a few hundred bucks these days.

Quote:
We are kindred spirits Buddy. The only thing I would add is family.

I used to be an advisor on the old Harmony site but they sure ruined things when they changed up. I was exactly the same way you were when it comes to working with my hands but then I spent a few months with Denny Zager and his family and he forced me to learn how to do a proper set up on a guitar. It took me a long time to get it (pitch sustain and balance married to the ease of playability is the key to a great guitar is what Denny used to say to me a million times a day).

Once I did the instrument just sort of opened up to me and I asked for a hand on building one. It took several attempts to get a good one and even then Denny made me french polish the dang thing so it took forever to finish.

That was decades ago and I have built a bunch of guitars since then. If you ever want to really try your hand at it for cheap I know of a couple of kit makes that are solid and you end up with a great guitar when your done.

Do you play acoustic or electric more often?

Favorite guitar(s)?

I play everything with strings on it or at least everything I play that has strings on it sounds pretty much the same. Average with fleeting moments of slightly above average only to return right back to average.

Other then my own I love everything. I have my favorite builders but I have several post war Japanese clone models that were hand built by the best and I love them. I have a bunch of old Gibson and Martin guitars but I don't play the all too often. For the last few years I have been building and playing Irish Bouzuki's.

Oh well back to work.
I've tried my hands at a few mod projects. I suck with a soldering iron to start with. I don't even want to start with the wood. I think I could really benefit from some hands on training like you had. That is the only way I learn to do things. It is how I learned to play guitar and hockey. The better players I played with, the more I would just learn by osmosis. It is silly but you tube videos help my playing immensely because I can actually see what the player is doing with their hands when I always feel like I should be listening. And maybe I should but I guess I'm a visual person playing an instrument that makes sounds, not pictures.

I might try my hand at building something eventually but the last year I've kinda backed of the guitar craze and just play what I have. I'll definitely seek advice from you if i ever cross that bridge again.

I'd say I play electric more than acoustic over the course of my life. That being said, about a year ago I bought cheap Ibanez acoustic that is all solid wood and really sounds good for the money I spent. I decided to drop the pick and start trying to finger pick. The acoustic is nice because you can just pick it up and play. There are no knobs to turn or buttons to switch which is really nice. The sound of the guitar is what your hands make it sound like, not a bunch of circuits and wizardry behind the scenes. Although, I do love electrics and caught the effects bug a few years ago. I ended up ditching all my stomp boxes in favor of a Line 6 M-13. The lone pedal I have now is a Boss PS-3 because I love the band Cave In so much and that is used on most of their non-metal records.

Favorite guitars? Well, I'm a big Gibson fan with electrics. I love the sound of the Les Paul and I have a few of those but they are heavy and the higher frets are hard to get to because the heal is so big. I sold a few guitars last year and bought the 2013 SG Standard in Natural Burst and I abosolutely love it. I have an early 90's MIM Strat that I bought brand new and I keep for nostalgic reasons. I also upgraded all of the electronics and put in Fender SCN pickpups. I do love the sound of that but the 25.5" scale on the top two Fender models isn't very conducive to my short fat fingers. I also have an Aglie 3100 LP copy that might be my favorite guitar. I bought it used so I'm not sure of the exact specs on it but I believe it is the thinner neck model. The thing feels better and thinner than the 60's Necks on all of my Gibsons. I learned about those from HCEG board. I've only bought one of those but I do think they are great bang for the buck guitars.

I think I'm about to purge most of my guitars and keep only a few. Right now I have '03 Gibson LP Standard Vintage Burst, 2011 Gibson LP Tribute Gold Top with P-90's, 2013 Gibson SG Standard Natural Burst, 1994 MIM Fender Strat, Agile 3100, Squier Jaguar (bought this to try the 24" scale), Gibson Explorer Melody Maker, First Act Delia (got this for peanuts and I really like it), Ibanez AW3000 Acoustic, Tele partscaster w/ 24 3/4" all parts neck (this was my failed attempt at a build) and BC Rich Mockingbird bass.

Finally, my favorite amp will be gone this weekend. I'm selling my Mesa Dual Rectifier. It is one of the first 300 made and a few years ago was highly sought after. I should have sold it then but I just couldn't part with it. I have no use for it anymore so I decided to get rid of it. I'll be left with a Kustom V100 that I bought on clearance from Musicians Friend. That is my gear list. Way too much crap for what is now a bedroom player.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legionnaire View Post
You were on HC and left like me too then? That is crazy. Amps and Fx were some characters for sure, but I ended up posting in OJ because those guys were so funny. Not really a surprise there, is it?
Dude, that amps forum was ridiculous!

Closed Thread