HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Tinordi and Bournival make the Habs!

Old
09-26-2013, 11:10 PM
Draft

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by deandebean View Post
Thought of the same.
Are you reading this as a trade possibility?

Draft is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2013, 11:12 PM
deandebean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft View Post
Are you reading this as a trade possibility?
This or someone put on IR.

deandebean is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2013, 11:29 PM
FinnHab

Excellent news

FinnHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2013, 11:31 PM
BlackStar

Quote:
Originally Posted by PyrettaBlaze View Post
Therrien better not waste Bournival on the 4th line and Tinordi on the 3rd pairing with Bouillon.
How in the world would he be wasting them? Bournival is the type of player that can play on any line. There is no room for him except the 4th line, and he could be a very important player for this team as a 4th line center.

Tinordi should play on the third paring, we have to put him in a position to succeed, and the third pairing will almost guarantee that. When he proves he is able to recieve more responsibilities, he be promoted to the second pairing. Plus, itès not like he will be playing 5 minutes a game on the htird pairing, he will be getting around 15 minutes a game, which will prove very beneficial to him and the team.

BlackStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2013, 11:36 PM
sergejean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Parent View Post
Well deserving, made more easy a decision because of injuries.

But they DESERVE to be on the fully healthy lineup. Moen doesn't. Bouillon can be a good reserve in the press box.

When is the waiver draft / day when they have to hand in their 23-men roster?

I wouldn't waive Moen because somebody would pick him up for sure and I'd rather NOT have him pop up on a division rival being pissed that we demoted him from his 3rd line job down to the 4th and then ****-canned him altogether.
I could be wrong of course but I doubt Moen would be claimed if he was placed on waivers. Not with another 3 years left just short of 2M per.

sergejean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2013, 11:36 PM
MrDontGive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prallchengher View Post
Bournival would be our Michael Frolik and more, hopefully.
Wait.. what?? Is'nt frolik an underachieving 1st rounder?

Even if I'm wrong , I just dont get the comparison..

Anyways .. great news! Tinordi has no business in the AHL, Bournival has been really impressive, let's wait and see!

MrDontGive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2013, 11:42 PM
dreamingofdrouin*

I thought that travis was playing well so far this tear but bournival being kept up leads me to believe that mr moen is on his way out.......there's very capable players in hamliton should we run into injury trouble...We just got parros and therrien likes his enforcers...white's forever in the doghouse, prust is NOT under any circumstances sitting, and bournival certainly isnt going to be wasting away his developmental process in the pressbox either...so white and moen appear to be the same player except whites younger and shows a better willingness to fight and does better in them. Then again i could be completely wrong and maybe therrien just wants options to mix it up for different opponents.

As for the defence,

Subban
Gorges
Markov
Tinordi
Diaz arent going anywhere.
that 6th man is either bouillion or murray depending on opponent, and one could be shipped when drewiske and emelin return..but bergevin has always said: "you can never have too many defencemen" so who knows.

dreamingofdrouin* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2013, 11:43 PM
BLASPHEMOUS
**** THE KING

vCash: 450
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDontGive View Post
Wait.. what?? Is'nt frolik an underachieving 1st rounder?

Even if I'm wrong , I just dont get the comparison..

Anyways .. great news! Tinordi has no business in the AHL, Bournival has been really impressive, let's wait and see!
He is from the perspective of the 2006 draft, wherein he was expected to become an NHL producer. That being said, he has become an excellent energy player who can chip in with occasional offense and play on the PK. If we can get that from Bournival, that would be fantastic.

BLASPHEMOUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2013, 11:50 PM
habs03
Subban #Thoroughbred

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsl View Post
Is that confirmed? Because if DD 44 if not on IR, then Habs are one player over the limit. Either DD44 or I would say White would have to be moved before Tuesday.
Well it was reported that DD44 would be out for about 4 weeks when he got hurt, shouldn't be back until mid Oct, so I don't see why he won't be on the IR until then.

habs03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2013, 11:59 PM
MrDontGive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endersoldier View Post
He is from the perspective of the 2006 draft, wherein he was expected to become an NHL producer. That being said, he has become an excellent energy player who can chip in with occasional offense and play on the PK. If we can get that from Bournival, that would be fantastic.
Sounds good but one thing for sure is we'll get Bournival's effort on a consistent basis, not so sure about how much of a hardworker Frolik is. That plus MB (lol) can handle more defensively imo...

I just don't see these 2 guys as being the same kinda player, even though they might fill similar roles.

MrDontGive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2013, 12:01 AM
habs03
Subban #Thoroughbred

Quote:
Originally Posted by PyrettaBlaze View Post
Maybe I'm reading way too much into it but Therrien was being really cryptic when answering questions about the opening day lineup. He kept saying "we're only Thursday, many things can happen before Tuesday". He also pretty much confirmed that Parros will be in the lineup. Weird.
I think MT was just trying to avoid answering the question. He was asked if the young guys would be playing or possible sitting in the press box.

IMO the Habs are keeping both, more so with Bournival, because of the question marks around Parros and Murray, specially with Mtl heading out west on a long trip early on in the year, they want to have those guys around just incase. During the press conference MT said how while it was important young guys play instead of being in the pressbox, he said short term it isn't an issue...

I think well see Bornival in the lineup just not every night, same with Tinordi, for about the first 2 weeks, and unless injuries occur or a trade, one of possible both might be sent down.

habs03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2013, 12:02 AM
Forsead

Well this send the right message, if you do well, you'll play and get the money, still I don't see these two players been ready to play all season in the main club I see them getting send down after 10 games.

Forsead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2013, 12:15 AM

Tinordi! I ****ing love this guy. Future captain.

Surprised Bournival made the team. Yes he had points but I think it was just a hot streak/luck. Then again I didn't watch most games because of work. Good luck to him. Kid is a hard worker. Take some notes Leblanc.

68 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2013, 12:30 AM
MoldyCakes
Fight, Troll, Score

Quote:
Sounds good but one thing for sure is we'll get Bournival's effort on a consistent basis, not so sure about how much of a hardworker Frolik is. That plus MB (lol) can handle more defensively imo...

I just don't see these 2 guys as being the same kinda player, even though they might fill similar roles.
Frolik was a boss in the Cup playoffs, especially on the penalty kill and using his speed to generate possession and make defensive plays. Obviously, he didn't do much offensively, but you could see his contributions on the ice defensively and on the PK, and he has great speed.

MoldyCakes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2013, 01:57 AM
Corncob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forsead View Post
Well this send the right message, if you do well, you'll play and get the money, still I don't see these two players been ready to play all season in the main club I see them getting send down after 10 games.
Expect Tinordi to play more than ten games during the season and Bournival probably less (if he actually plays any), but wouldn't be surprised if they both go back and forward to and from Hamilton a few times.

Corncob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2013, 02:14 AM
FlyingKostitsyn

vCash: 827
Quote:
Originally Posted by 68 View Post
Tinordi! I ****ing love this guy. Future captain.

Surprised Bournival made the team. Yes he had points but I think it was just a hot streak/luck. Then again I didn't watch most games because of work. Good luck to him. Kid is a hard worker. Take some notes Leblanc.
Speaking of Leblanc ; Bournival's meteoric rise does not bode well for the marvel of Pointe-Claire. After all they are both pretty much the same type of player, and we can't have that many 2nd-3rd line average sized two way forwards.

FlyingKostitsyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2013, 03:52 AM
Keep Your Head Up

Hey guys. An outsider's opinion here. I was watching hockey with my old man, who's a habs fan, and I understood why some people are high on Bournival : holy, can the kid fly... I didn't see all the habs pre-season games, obviously, but I catched maybe 3 periods and in every one of them he impressed me. I think you guys got yourselves a nice one here... I have a sequence in mind where he got the puck in the neutral zone,and at that point he wasn't in acceleration, but he just EXPLODED and started skating like a mad man and shifted everybody. got everybody on the other team flat footed and managed to reach the goalie and give himself a nice scoring chance.

To me, being able to create something out of nothing is pretty much the best asset a forward can hope to possess, so I feel confident in saying that if he keeps up the pace and manage to up his game year after year like every professional does, Michaël is gonna be a hell of a steal for you guys...

Keep Your Head Up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2013, 03:53 AM
Ezpz
No mad pls

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingKostitsyn View Post
Speaking of Leblanc ; Bournival's meteoric rise does not bode well for the marvel of Pointe-Claire. After all they are both pretty much the same type of player, and we can't have that many 2nd-3rd line average sized two way forwards.
Why not? We have half a dozen undersized one-way midgets.

Ezpz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2013, 05:28 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

vCash: 709
There goes that great theory that that were so afraid of losing Dumont on waivers...That was what? 1 day difference between the 8-men cut?

Whitesnake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2013, 05:46 AM
Tuggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
There goes that great theory that that were so afraid of losing Dumont on waivers...That was what? 1 day difference between the 8-men cut?
Why would people be worried about losing Dumont on waivers? He is a dime a dozen type player and if he wasn't Habs property and played on some random team, this fanbase wouldn't even look at him twice. His ceiling is 3rd liner at best. I have nothing against Dumont but if we lose him it's not a huge loss.

As for Tinordi and Bournival, they deserved to start the year with the team. I just hope people around here won't go crazy when they sit in the pressbox for games because it will happen and it's not a big deal.

Last edited by Tuggy: 09-27-2013 at 05:56 AM.
Tuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2013, 05:55 AM
Habs Icing
Formerly Onice

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnLennon View Post
When Emelin gets back, it's really going to be a cluster**** on defense. I'm all for depth, but sitting NHL players like Bouillon, Murray, Diaz or Tinordi to make room for Emelin can not be a good thing. Then we also have Drewiske who we signed as a seventh defenseman, but he looks to be the 9th on the depth chart.

Same thing for when Parros is healthy, if the team intends to place him in the lineup. Who of Moen, White, Bournival, and Prust sits? All have a rightful claim to a roster spot, with Prust pretty much being a guarantee.

This is going to get very tricky. I can't help but think the Habs are going to need to make some space.
You're assuming no one else will get injured between now and the Stanley Cup parade.

I'm assuming sometime during the season we'll be short manned and will need to call up someone from the Dogs.

Habs Icing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2013, 06:21 AM
Mathradio
Drive for 25

Tinordi will play PP... is Tinordi a #4 or #5 at even-strength?

As for Bournival, I hope he gets his act together and plays his way up from the 4th line.

Mathradio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2013, 06:27 AM
Schooner Guy

Quote:

Your assessment of Frolik tells me that you stopped watching last year's playoffs as soon as the Habs got eliminated. Also I doubt you watch much Western Conference action.

Schooner Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2013, 06:31 AM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
RIP

Isles, Yotes, Panthers and others have picked up way worse than Dumont on waivers before. He's not a bad asset to have for free.

DekeLikeYouMeanIt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2013, 06:33 AM
Marc-E-

The next days are gonna be interesting. Don't hold your breath. Moen and White are in danger to lose their spot for the opening night IMO.

Marc-E- is offline   Reply With Quote