HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Tinordi and Bournival make the Habs!

Old
09-27-2013, 06:52 AM
CGG

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Parent View Post
When is the waiver draft / day when they have to hand in their 23-men roster?
No waiver draft any more. Just waivers. Everyone needs to be at 23 man roster by Monday. Montreal will be there by tomorrow when Dumont clears waivers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuggy View Post
Why would people be worried about losing Dumont on waivers? He is a dime a dozen type player and if he wasn't Habs property and played on some random team, this fanbase wouldn't even look at him twice. His ceiling is 3rd liner at best. I have nothing against Dumont but if we lose him it's not a huge loss.
Correct, Dumont will not be claimed off waivers. Everyone has at least 2 Dumonts in their system, why would they take a flyer on Montreal's 15th forward instead of their own guys?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DekeLikeYouMeanIt View Post
Isles, Yotes, Panthers and others have picked up way worse than Dumont on waivers before. He's not a bad asset to have for free.
Maybe, but if you claim Dumont, then you have to turn around and cut the guy who was going to be your 13th forward, and risk losing him to waivers. No one is picking up an extra guy like Dumont, especially when everyone is scrambling to get down to 23 players.

CGG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2013, 06:53 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

The fact that Tinordi and Bournival are still there doesn't mean they can't be sent down in a week once everybody is healthy.

With Murray and Parros healthy, that gives us

Biere DD Pacioretty Plekanec Gionta Bourque Galchenyuk Gallagher Eller Moen Prust White Parros Bournival(14 forwards)

Subban Markov Tinordi Murray Bouillon Diaz Gorges(7 defense)

Drewiske out another 2-3 weeks.

I wouldn't trade anybody, I'd keep those guys around for 7-8 games until Drewiske is healthy and Parros is 100%...then send one or two guys down.

Three concepts at play here...

1-it's better to be too patient than to rush young players, plus
2-they are better off playing more in the AHL than sitting in the NHL
3-you never have too much depth

It would make no sense to trade White, he is cheap, has looked good in preseason and adds an element of tougness plus can play C or RW. Good team guy.

Moen, yeah he had a down year plus his contract makes him hard to trade. Give him at least a half year to bounce back, in preseason he's been more agressive and dropped the gloves, he can be a high end 4th liner(see 11-12).

Parros or Prust are going nowhere.

Logically Bournival stays a few weeks and unless he is a force they send him back down.

Tinordi is a tougher call, once Murray and Drewiske are healthy, they can't carry 24 and won't want 8 d-men. Drewiske is a no brainer at #7. Murray they won't move so soon after signing him, plus he brings big time size/toughness with Emelin out. Bouillon was just re-signed and is the more versatile player of the bottom 4 guys. Can they send Drewiske AHL for 2 weeks conditionning?

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2013, 06:59 AM
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups

Hey remember that thread "You know you are a Habs Fan When..."

You know you are a Habs fan when you think about and care about losing Gabriel Dumont on Waivers. A lot of scrubs are going to be available over the next few days don't think this one is any better than the rest.

Agnostic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2013, 07:02 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agnostic View Post
Hey remember that thread "You know you are a Habs Fan When..."

You know you are a Habs fan when you think about and care about losing Gabriel Dumont on Waivers. A lot of scrubs are going to be available over the next few days don't think this one is any better than the rest.
He's still a useful player. He showed last year he can contribute and be a pain in the butt in the NHL. It wouldn't be a huge loss, but a loss nonetheless. A loss for Hamilton if the Habs keep Bournival all year and Dumont gets claimed. Last year we lost Palushaj, different style player, but no better than Dumont overall...that hurt the Bulldogs.

Old
09-27-2013, 07:14 AM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monctonscout View Post
He's still a useful player. He showed last year he can contribute and be a pain in the butt in the NHL. It wouldn't be a huge loss, but a loss nonetheless. A loss for Hamilton if the Habs keep Bournival all year and Dumont gets claimed. Last year we lost Palushaj, different style player, but no better than Dumont overall...that hurt the Bulldogs.
Had we not lost Palushaj, we might have won... an extra 1, or 2 games. Habs can pick up a player, then try to send that player down themselves if they really want to.

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2013, 07:15 AM
Ezpz
No mad pls

vCash: 50
I think Dumont being claimed would be good for us. Gives us a contract spot and lets Leblanc be our first call up. Long term I'm just not sure we're ever going to have room for a 5'6 guy on the fourth line. Put in a claim for Jim O'Brien to be our press box hero who can step in when White is injured/suspended.

Ezpz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2013, 07:24 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
Had we not lost Palushaj, we might have won... an extra 1, or 2 games. Habs can pick up a player, then try to send that player down themselves if they really want to.
Palushaj would have been a big help in Hamilton.

You can't claim a guy then send him down, you have to offer him back to the original team. Had Colorado cut Palushaj we could have had him back in Hamilton as long as other clubs after Colorado pass on him.

Old
09-27-2013, 07:34 AM
Maxpac

Anybody else hoping for a Prust-Bournival-Parros line on Tuesday?

Maxpac is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2013, 08:05 AM
FrontierPsyCHiatrist*
Master Pleks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
I do like this 4th line, but sitting White and Moen pisses me off. I'm really surprised that Bournival wasn't sent down, man we have too many players. Also, I would've love to see how well he was playing in the AHL with a more important role than last year. Oh well.

FrontierPsyCHiatrist* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2013, 08:25 AM
WestIslander

I want to see this line up:

Pacioretty - Plekanec - Gionta
Galchenyuk - Briere - Gallagher
Bourque - Desharnais - Eller
Moen - Bournival - Prust
White
Parros

Markov - Gorges
Tinordi - Subban
Bouillon - Diaz
Murray
Emelin

Price
Budaj

WestIslander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2013, 08:25 AM
Pierre Dagenais
RIP Mr. Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
I don't think Bournival will be playing the first game. I think Therrien will play White to add some toughness since we are playing the Leafs.

Remember that Gallagher didn't play the first game last year either.

Pierre Dagenais is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2013, 08:51 AM
Lionel Mandrake
Generic user

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre Dagenais View Post
I don't think Bournival will be playing the first game. I think Therrien will play White to add some toughness since we are playing the Leafs.

I agree. I also think Tinordi will sit if Murray is ready to go.

Lionel Mandrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2013, 08:54 AM
AH

Quote:

Maclaren, Fraser, Clarkson are out. You only need Parros to counter Orr.

AH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Tuggy

Quote:

Yup.

Tuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
BigDaddyLurch
I fought the Law...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lionel Mandrake View Post
I agree. I also think Tinordi will sit if Murray is ready to go.
Sitting Tinordi would be a bad idea, just send him down in that case.

BigDaddyLurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2013, 08:58 AM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
I like how at the end of last year, Dumont was a great energy guy and a lock for our fourth line...but one average camp and the emergence of Bournival has turned him into human garbage who we can only pray gets picked up off waivers.

I'm happy for Bournival, and hopefully Dumont passes through waivers so he can help Hamilton. Not that I'm a huge Dumont fan but I just don't like the idea of losing something for nothing. He can still help the organization.

The advantage, of course, is that there are a lot of "Gabriel Dumont" types on waivers this time of year. So in theory, we should be fine.

hototogisu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2013, 09:03 AM
ZARTONK
Headscratcher!

Good for both of them, I just hope they don't spend most of the season sitting in the press box.

ZARTONK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2013, 09:14 AM
Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
I like how at the end of last year, Dumont was a great energy guy and a lock for our fourth line...but one average camp and the emergence of Bournival has turned him into human garbage who we can only pray gets picked up off waivers.

I'm happy for Bournival, and hopefully Dumont passes through waivers so he can help Hamilton. Not that I'm a huge Dumont fan but I just don't like the idea of losing something for nothing. He can still help the organization.

The advantage, of course, is that there are a lot of "Gabriel Dumont" types on waivers this time of year. So in theory, we should be fine.
This post is too level-headed for Hfboards. I think you need to leave.

That aside, I don't want to lose Dumont for nothing, but I think he's a redundant piece long term unless the make-up of the forwards is changed. He's good depth though.

Andy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2013, 09:18 AM
gillyguzzler

Am I the only one who thinks Gorges is by far our best option for playing the right side. I actually thinks he's better on the right side than on the left. And it would fix a big problem of having Bouillon, Tinordi or Murray playing on the right.

Gorges-Markov
Subban-Tinordi
Diaz-Murray
Bouillon

gillyguzzler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2013, 09:21 AM
FrontierPsyCHiatrist*
Master Pleks

Quote:
Originally Posted by gillyguzzler View Post
Am I the only one who thinks Gorges is by far our best option for playing the right side. I actually thinks he's better on the right side than on the left. And it would fix a big problem of having Bouillon, Tinordi or Murray playing on the right.

Gorges-Markov
Subban-Tinordi
Diaz-Murray
Bouillon
Markov-Gorges
Tinordi-Subban
Murray-Diaz
Bouillon

FTFY

FrontierPsyCHiatrist* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2013, 09:25 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDaddyLurch View Post
Sitting Tinordi would be a bad idea, just send him down in that case.
They probably can't until Drewiske is ready(2-3 weeks) as they only have 7 d-men...but I doubt he sits every game, might split it 50-50 with Murray or something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZARTONK View Post
Good for both of them, I just hope they don't spend most of the season sitting in the press box.
I don't think they will, maybe a game here and there but if they are not playing 75-80% of games they won't be here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
This post is too level-headed for Hfboards. I think you need to leave.

That aside, I don't want to lose Dumont for nothing, but I think he's a redundant piece long term unless the make-up of the forwards is changed. He's good depth though.
He's good depth and a good player for Hamilton, we saw last year what happens when you have a young team and not enough veteran help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gillyguzzler View Post

Gorges-Markov
Subban-Tinordi
Diaz-Murray
Bouillon
Not a bad idea at all until Emelin is back.

Old
09-27-2013, 09:27 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Arpon Basu ‏@ArponBasu 37s Curious to see if #Habs Gabriel Dumont survives waivers. Young, useful player on a very cheap contract could be enticing to cap crunch teams

Old
09-27-2013, 09:28 AM
ZARTONK
Headscratcher!

I can't wait for the 24CH episode where we'll see MB and MT deciding they they'll stay.

ZARTONK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2013, 09:28 AM
FireBergevin
ultimate warrior

If you don't have a strong opinion on Dumont one way or the other, then why even bother talking about him? Why not just keep your mouth shut?

FireBergevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2013, 09:30 AM
gillyguzzler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monctonscout View Post
They probably can't until Drewiske is ready(2-3 weeks) as they only have 7 d-men...but I doubt he sits every game, might split it 50-50 with Murray or something.

I don't think they will, maybe a game here and there but if they are not playing 75-80% of games they won't be here.

He's good depth and a good player for Hamilton, we saw last year what happens when you have a young team and not enough veteran help.

Not a bad idea at all until Emelin is back.
Even when Emelin comes back...

Gorges-Markov
Subban-Tinordi
Diaz-Emelin

Murray in for Tinordi if the kid needs more time in the AHL.

gillyguzzler is offline   Reply With Quote