HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs win 3-1 vs Senators

Old
09-27-2013, 01:29 AM
StellerEller
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 425
Quote:
Originally Posted by capebretoncanadien View Post
Good game....team looked good overall. Most impressed by Beaulieu....a cpl minor mistakes but a strong overall game.

Skates like Markov? Not that Markov ever was a bad skater but NB is on another level skating wise. He gives Subban or Pacioretty a run for their money.

Bournival played excellent too he deserves his spot.

Eller line showed some nice stuff too.

Gionta looked pretty good.

Price was sharp.

Bring on the Leafs.
About the Markov comparison: I just meant how he moves around the zone and never stays flat footed especially with the puck
But I agree hes already a better skater. I like how hes using it was my point.

StellerEller is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2013, 01:45 AM
Ohashi_Jouzu

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forsead View Post
Well I find Diaz to be reliable defensively and good to move the puck, so I guess it's a matter of perspective.
Definitely. I have no problem with Diaz's performance overall. I've been expecting Nygren to eventually give him a run for his spot, but a bit surprised to see how close we are to seeing that already.

Ohashi_Jouzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2013, 02:27 AM
Ezpz
No mad pls

Hated the signing, don't like the player but.. Briere has been pretty great through the pre-season. Already seems to have chemistry with Patches, or maybe Patches just has chemistry with anyone who passes the puck. Really hope Briere has the same impact on Desharnais that Cole had on Patches.

Beaulieu isn't even close to NHL ready if tonight is what he brings. Really hope it's just him shaking off his injury.

Ezpz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2013, 07:31 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gally94 View Post
And then have stupid hf posters still hate on the guy? lol, you guys are incredible...so hypocrite. Moen played well tonight and fought (which is what everyone wants him to do). Enough with the btching. Briere played an outstanding game, a lot of great passes outthere. The kid line played pretty good too.

I hope that Bournival makes the team for Tuesday. I'd scratch White, he's been the worst player outthere AINEC.
I thought White had an excellent camp in terms of the vets. He's been better with the puck and won a ton of faceoffs. Dropped the gloves and delivered some big hits. Will be some tough becisions on the 4th line...

Prust Moen Parros White and Bournival all bring different elements and all 5 deserve to play.
Prust, no need to elaborate.

Parros will make everybody else 3 inches taller. May skip 1/3 to1/2 of games.

Moen had had a strong camp in my opinion, more physical and dropped the gloves to defend St.Pierre and others. One of our best PK guys.

White and Bournival have been two of our best in camp.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2013, 07:35 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by dackelljuneaubulis02 View Post
I hate the Sens and have for years before these last playoffs but come on, Anderson's lasts season was not a fluke. He's a good goalie.

The Sens are probably the team to beat in our division this year and I hate it so much. I think our division is going to be really tough.
Anderson is a good goalie(average NHL starter) but not a 1.69 GAA and .941% goalie.

Yes our division will be tough, but it was tough last year and we finished 1st. If Price can bounce back no reason we can't repeat or at least be a close 2nd.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2013, 07:44 AM
vokiel
#NoTradesWithEDM

I think Beaulieu is prime material for a recall later this season.

vokiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2013, 07:50 AM
PricePkPatch

We already have a PGT thread

PricePkPatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2013, 07:56 AM
ZARTONK
Headscratcher!

Nooooo! Why is there still two PGTs?!!?!

ZARTONK is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2013, 08:02 AM
BigDaddyLurch
Deleted Posts Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avim86 View Post
People said the same thing about Weber , Dias is great let's get rid of Weber. Now Diaz sucks and your shiny new player is performing well. When will we see the "get rid of Nygren it's time for player x" threads , notice a pattern ?
Weber was made redundant when Diaz came in, as Diaz is a far better PMD than Weber...just as Diaz is soon to become redundant once Nygren acclimates himself to the North American game, since Nygren is just as good a PMD, has a killer shot, can be useful defensively, and actually hits...funny how players become redundant when you get better ones...

BigDaddyLurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2013, 08:39 AM
Mrb1p

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avim86 View Post
People said the same thing about Weber , Dias is great let's get rid of Weber. Now Diaz sucks and your shiny new player is performing well. When will we see the "get rid of Nygren it's time for player x" threads , notice a pattern ?
When Beaulieu is ready.

Mrb1p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2013, 08:39 AM
Lshap

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDaddyLurch View Post
Weber was made redundant when Diaz came in, as Diaz is a far better PMD than Weber...just as Diaz is soon to become redundant once Nygren acclimates himself to the North American game, since Nygren is just as good a PMD, has a killer shot, can be useful defensively, and actually hits...funny how players become redundant when you get better ones...
That's true in principle, but it's also true that fans' attention spans are frighteningly short. We declare players to be finished way too quickly, just as we declare the next star way too easily.

Diaz made a huge leap last season and showed some great offensive skill, along with very responsible defensive play. No, he's not that physical, but he made very few mistakes in our zone. Overall, he was a big plus until his concussion. Since coming back he's only played a handful of real games plus a few pre-season games. Judging him on this recent tiny sampling is shortsighted.

I love what I saw with Nygren, but he isn't a legit NHL defenseman yet. For all his obvious potential, there are way too many gaps in his defense to allow him to play regular minutes in an NHL season. Right now, he'll cost us more goals than he'll create. Another year or two and sure, it's possible that he, Beaulieu, Pateryn, maybe even Dietz, will make Diaz redundant. But not yet.

Lshap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2013, 09:13 AM
PricePkPatch

Do we have the video of a player stopping and running away from Subban like a little girl?

Old
09-27-2013, 09:24 AM
FuzzyWuzzy
I'm still alive

Quote:
Originally Posted by PricePkPatch View Post
Do we have the video of a player stopping and running away from Subban like a little girl?
rds.ca has it as part of its game recap. http://www.rds.ca/vid%C3%A9os/s%C3%A...ens-3-1.664500

FuzzyWuzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2013, 09:29 AM
Lshap

Quote:
The player just stopped to avoid slamming into PK's hip. Not exactly running away.

Lshap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2013, 09:31 AM
PricePkPatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lshap View Post
The player just stopped to avoid slamming into PK's hip. Not exactly running away.
It's still freakin' hilarious

Old
09-27-2013, 09:39 AM
Redux91
I do Three bullets.

Send a message via AIM to Redux91 Send a message via MSN to Redux91
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lshap View Post
Love how your defending some guy for being scared ****less of subban lining him up "not running away"? lol are you kidding with this?

everyone saw what subban did to neil last playoffs, and that kid wanted no part of it

Redux91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2013, 09:40 AM
jpchabby

Quote:
It's still freakin' hilarious
The guy was smart to do that. That would have been a big hit.

Really happy to see MaxPac performing well in this pre season. I really hope he's gonna have a good season this year.

jpchabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2013, 09:44 AM
ZARTONK
Headscratcher!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpchabby View Post
The guy was smart to do that. That would have been a big hit.

Really happy to see MaxPac performing well in this pre season. I really hope he's gonna have a good season this year.
Yeah, I have a few players I'm expecting to see having a good season, and he's one of them.

ZARTONK is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2013, 10:03 AM
JusticeBeaver
Twitter: @gar****al

Half-clapper, top cheddar *link*

Take a closer look after pleks scores on that patented half-clapper. I think Stone, Smith and somebody else are all stood up looking at each other all "You've got to be ****ing kiding me". haha

JusticeBeaver is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2013, 10:39 AM
Mrb1p

Briere looks like one hell of a passer behind the net...

Chuck-Eller-Briere

could be one hell of a line.

I'd prefer if Gally played with Plek and a big guy.

We really need to make a move for some quality...

Mrb1p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2013, 10:57 AM
Chris Cutter
Devil's Advocate

Although it was against a weak team, all the lines showed good chemistry tonight. I liked Eller, Desharnais, Briere and Gallagher on offense. Gionta didn't show any rust. Diaz's passing was more accurate and Markov played like the General. Price was solid. I don't know why people are *****ing about Moen... People always bring up the fact that he doesn't drop the gloves and when he does (against a heavyweight too) he gets called useless, etc. What do you expect from Moen ffs? He's not gonna go full out on the body when it's pre-season against AHLers. I thought he had a good game for a 4th liner and made some smart plays to keep plays going, which is what I'm asking for from a 4th liner.

Chris Cutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2013, 11:15 AM
Ohashi_Jouzu

I don't know why everyone assumes people's beef with Moen involves the dropping of the gloves. On a shift-to-shift basis I thought he was simply the least engaged or effective forward on the ice. I'd love to see his puck battles won/lost stats for the preseason; like the ones that one of our fellow posters compiles during the regular season. Maybe it was just "going through the training camp motions", but I'm much more leery of his potential contribution to this squad than I was 12 months ago.

Ohashi_Jouzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2013, 11:21 AM
FlyingKostitsyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDaddyLurch View Post
You say that because you've only seen (and wanted to see) the good Nygren. Perhaps he's actually not as good defensively as Diaz? Perhaps he's not as good a PMD? Perhaps he has a good shot but he's always going to shoot wide under pressure from checking NHL forwards? What if he never gets better than he is now, and what if he regresses?

Diaz is better than Weber because he's an NHL player and Weber isn't. Nygren isn't an NHL player yet so be careful. We always think the rookies are better because we want them to be better and mix up their projected and potential talents with their actual real world abilities. Sometimes they truly are great (see, Subban), sometimes it takes a little while and disappointement (Pacioretty was labeled a bust by some when he had a bad second year, lolz) and sometimes they start strong and end up being, well, nothing. See Weber for that.

At one time Subban and Weber were considered comparable, since they had similar junior stats and were drafted the same year. At one time a lot of people thought Weber would be the better player, he joined the AHL one year earlier, had great stats. The description of his abilities then was eerily similar to Nygren's... Monster slapshot! Great passes! Good speed! Decent defensive abilities! (better than Subban!) was what a lot of people were preaching from Weber. Sadly he never got better than he was that year in the AHL.

I know a lot of people don't like him but Diaz is still an NHL defensemen at this point. He's a good passer, he's quick, he has a great, accurate shot and good positioning. And most importantly, he does all that at the NHL level. He'd likely be one if not the top defensemen in the SEL, were Nygren played last year. There, he'd be considered an elite passer, very quick with a massive laser accurate and powerful shot and excellent positioning. So please, lets start saying Nygren is better than Diaz when and if he actually is better.

Last edited by FlyingKostitsyn: 09-27-2013 at 11:27 AM.
FlyingKostitsyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2013, 11:25 AM
FrontierPsyCHiatrist*
Master Pleks

Galchenyuk's two goals were when he wasn't on the EGG line. Coincidence?

FrontierPsyCHiatrist* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2013, 11:33 AM
Strat

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZARTONK View Post
It's my OCD... We can't have two PGT's!!!
You might want to take a deeper look into what OCD actually is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post
Every team needs a whipping boy.

Tag, Moen, you are it.
I get what you're saying, but Moen was signed to be a Prust-like player after he had played a great season (by his standards). He's turned into a coasting nobody. He has no offensive upside whatsoever, isn't the greatest in his own end, doesn't intimidate anybody, isn't overly physical in his play, and has a contract that is too heavy for a player whom could easily be replaced by any other dime-a-dozen physical 4th-liner.

His "last chance" was to show up for the Playoffs and he was a passenger. I'm surprised he wasn't eating popcorn while on the bench or the ice.

Every team has a player whose contract is terrible, whether it be due to lack of production or the inability to fulfill the role he was entrusted to fill. Moen is it... until he's traded to some misguided team or his contract runs out. Then, it'll be somebody else.

Last edited by Strat: 09-27-2013 at 11:41 AM.
Strat is offline   Reply With Quote