HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Tinordi and Bournival make the Habs!

Old
09-27-2013, 09:31 AM
JusticeBeaver
Twitter: @gar****al

vCash: 500
Can I say we won this trade yet errrrrrr?

Just weird getting useful prospects out of trades!

I liked Bournivals game but I didn't think he would make the jump so quick, I will admit that. Watching him run around the ice, back checking, etc, gives me a renewed faith in this club.

And ill play the speculation card and say one center is getting traded this year.

JusticeBeaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2013, 09:32 AM
odishabs

Quote:
Originally Posted by PyrettaBlaze View Post
Therrien better not waste Bournival on the 4th line and Tinordi on the 3rd pairing with Bouillon.
That's exactly where Bournival should play for right now. The Kid is a bottom 6 energy player, we can't have higher expectations than that. As for Tinordi, he's a guy who can complement Markov, Diaz, Bouillon or Subban. However, having him start on the 3rd pairing is probably fair for his development curve.

odishabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2013, 09:45 AM
Redux91
I do Three bullets.

Send a message via AIM to Redux91 Send a message via MSN to Redux91
Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticeBeaver View Post
Can I say we won this trade yet errrrrrr?

Just weird getting useful prospects out of trades!

I liked Bournivals game but I didn't think he would make the jump so quick, I will admit that. Watching him run around the ice, back checking, etc, gives me a renewed faith in this club.

And ill play the speculation card and say one center is getting traded this year.
It HAS been 3 years , if anything i would of been more upset with any lack of progress this year, but hes definitly "developping" at the right pace i find

Redux91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2013, 10:06 AM
JusticeBeaver
Twitter: @gar****al

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redux91 View Post
It HAS been 3 years , if anything i would of been more upset with any lack of progress this year, but hes definitly "developping" at the right pace i find
Did we have him for 3 years though? I thought we got him in his last year of Juniour, then Hamilton last year. I know, I know, google is RIGHT there.

JusticeBeaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2013, 10:25 AM
Ginu

It's great to see that they both made it. I thought we already had 13 forwards including Parros. Engels suggested that when Murray comes back, Drewiske will likely be sent down, but the interesting part will be when Emelin comes back. We'll definitely have more than 23 players at that time.

This is how I think it'll play out:

Pacioretty - Desharnais - Briere
Bourque - Plekanec - Gionta
Galchenyuk - Eller - Gallagher
Moen - White - Prust
Bournival
Parros

With Bournival and Parros shifting in depending on the opponent. Moen is on a short leash if Bournival keeps this up.

Engels also mentioned that Tinordi may play with Subban if Murray is ready to go which I'd also agree with. Pairing him with Markov doesn't really work as one will have to switch sides.

Tinordi - Subban
Markov - Gorges
Murray - Bouillon
Diaz

Diaz looks the odd one out. Lots of competition. This is great!

Ginu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2013, 10:26 AM
Hullois

I really doubt MT will sit the most used habs D in pre-season in the pressbox for a guy that hasn't played a game yet and hasn't practiced in two weeks.

Murray will sit and Tinordi will play. And then Murray will replace whoever is having a rough time in the first couple of games between Tinordi and Bouillon.

Hullois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2013, 10:34 AM
Ginu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hullois View Post
I really doubt MT will sit the most used habs D in pre-season in the pressbox for a guy that hasn't played a game yet and hasn't practiced in two weeks.

Murray will sit and Tinordi will play. And then Murray will replace whoever is having a rough time in the first couple of games between Tinordi and Bouillon.
Murray, who Bergevin signed to add a physical presence on the team, isn't going to sit. He fills a desperate need of ours. He'll be in the top six when fully healthy. So will Tinordi and Bouillon. Diaz is the guy who'll likely fill in for someone who's struggling.

Veteran players aren't signed to ride the pine in the NHL unless they significantly struggle. It's just not done that way.

Ginu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2013, 10:39 AM
Hullois

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginu View Post
Murray, who Bergevin signed to add a physical presence on the team, isn't going to sit. He fills a desperate need of ours. He'll be in the top six when fully healthy. So will Tinordi and Bouillon. Diaz is the guy who'll likely fill in for someone who's struggling.

Veteran players aren't signed to ride the pine in the NHL unless they significantly struggle. It's just not done that way.
Tinordi fills the same needs. I'm not saying Murray won't be a regular this season, I'm saying he isn't in game shape yet and needs at least a full week of practice, if not more. That's why I think he will sit for the first game or 2.

Hullois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2013, 10:46 AM
ChuckyToGally
Former Carey Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by PyrettaBlaze View Post
Therrien better not waste Bournival on the 4th line and Tinordi on the 3rd pairing with Bouillon.
Why? It is exactly what the need to start the season. They could take a bigger role gradually when there will be injuries.

ChuckyToGally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2013, 10:56 AM
JLP
La Sainte-Flanelle

Quote:

Agree re Murray as he was just brought over, but do we think Bouillon would object to sitting say three out of four games through October? In my mind a declining vet like Cube would not mind being in the press box if that's what coach thinks is best for the team, it certainly doesn't hurt his development or confidence or whatever. Plus he'd have plenty of time to opine for RDS

JLP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2013, 11:00 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:

No way Diaz gets scratched for Tinordi Bouillon or Murray, you're dreaming in colour.

Diaz brings more to the table than any of those guys and plays a bigger role.

Last edited by Monctonscout: 09-27-2013 at 11:10 AM.
Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2013, 11:07 AM
Xss

When Murray comes back let him play on the 4th line, Jacques Martin style

Xss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2013, 11:12 AM
FrontierPsyCHiatrist*
Master Pleks

(Source d'image: Vincent Éthier )

FrontierPsyCHiatrist* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2013, 11:15 AM
FrontierPsyCHiatrist*
Master Pleks

Quote:
It's great to see that they both made it. I thought we already had 13 forwards including Parros. Engels suggested that when Murray comes back, Drewiske will likely be sent down, but the interesting part will be when Emelin comes back. We'll definitely have more than 23 players at that time.

This is how I think it'll play out:

Pacioretty - Desharnais - Briere
Bourque - Plekanec - Gionta
Galchenyuk - Eller - Gallagher
Moen - White - Prust
Bournival
Parros

With Bournival and Parros shifting in depending on the opponent. Moen is on a short leash if Bournival keeps this up.

Engels also mentioned that Tinordi may play with Subban if Murray is ready to go which I'd also agree with. Pairing him with Markov doesn't really work as one will have to switch sides.

Tinordi - Subban
Markov - Gorges
Murray - Bouillon
Diaz

Diaz looks the odd one out. Lots of competition. This is great!
Thanks for the Kaberle by-out! Me too I'm not sold about playing Tinordi the other side. He had some troubles clearing the puck on his back-hand during pre-season, so it's probably one of his few weaknesses that he needs to work on.

Old
09-27-2013, 11:16 AM
bsl

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxHabs24 View Post
I do like this 4th line, but sitting White and Moen pisses me off.
Weird post. Creepy. Sitting White and Moen does not piss me off at all. Don't see Habs contending with either of them. Goodbye.

bsl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2013, 11:24 AM
FrontierPsyCHiatrist*
Master Pleks

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsl View Post
Weird post. Creepy. Sitting White and Moen does not piss me off at all. Don't see Habs contending with either of them. Goodbye.
Well I still believe in Moen and we're stuck with him so... White and Bourni could share the 4th line center spot, I don't care.

I'd rather see Bournival on an AHL first line than an NHL 4th line, though.

Old
09-27-2013, 11:27 AM
Beaker
In My Lab Goggles

Quote:

This is awesome

Beaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2013, 11:34 AM
Stjonnypopo
Rgesitreed Uesr

vCash: 506
Diaz has been solid during the preseason I don't get why he's left off of so many lists. He deserves a spot more than bouillon

Stjonnypopo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2013, 11:43 AM
bsl

Quote:
Well I still believe in Moen and we're stuck with him so... White and Bourni could share the 4th line center spot, I don't care.

Sorry, my posts are drunk tonight. We should play the hell out of Moen and get a second and prospect for him from a desperate contender at deadline.

Don't care about White. If Bourny is faster, let him play.

bsl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2013, 11:46 AM
WeThreeKings

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:

Why? Bournival's upside is a 3rd liner. He's definitely going to be fine playing where it is, it will be his role on this team going forward.

WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2013, 12:10 PM
FrontierPsyCHiatrist*
Master Pleks

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
Why? Bournival's upside is a 3rd liner. He's definitely going to be fine playing where it is, it will be his role on this team going forward.
Because we have too much depth. I love the kid, but is the AHL that bad for developping players?

Here's another option: Get ride of Bourque, move Galchenyuk up, put Bournival on the 3rd line.

Pacioretty-Desharnais-Briere
Galchenyuk-Pleckanec-Gionta
Bournival-Eller-Gallagher
Prust-White-Parros/Moen

Old
09-27-2013, 12:13 PM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
Here's another option: Get ride of Bourque, move Galchenyuk up, put Bournival on the 3rd line.

Prust-White-Parros/Moen
Okay, you've got my interest. Prust more likely switches with Bournival in reality, but whatever. Would be nice if Leblanc then made Moen expendable just in time for his NTC to expire.

Ohashi_Jouzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2013, 12:14 PM
hogtownhabsfan*

Quote:
Because we have too much depth. I love the kid, but is the AHL that bad for developping players?

Prust-White-Parros/Moen
Yea, let's just dump our best player from the playoffs who happens to be our biggest forward....

hogtownhabsfan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2013, 12:16 PM
Redux91
I do Three bullets.

Send a message via AIM to Redux91 Send a message via MSN to Redux91
Quote:

This picture is too cool for words, ..to see them there, both team captains, playing on juniors biggest stage, now there both rookies again lol, but in the BIG leagues!

good for them

(odd that bournival couldnt get 78 on the habs, ..an odd number and they love to give kids numbers in the 70's, weird)

Redux91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2013, 12:16 PM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogtownhabsfan View Post
Yea, let's just dump our best player from the playoffs who happens to be our biggest forward....
First of all, that bolded part simply is not true (nor particularly relevant to the greater sense of his "value"), and second of all, where's the size problem down the left side of that lineup?

Ohashi_Jouzu is offline   Reply With Quote