HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

[EDM/STL] David Perron for Magnus Paajarvi + 2nd '14 | Part 2

Old
07-25-2013, 02:25 AM
dangle6

vCash: 500
i have played with david perron 2 years and I can tell you that you will not be disappointed with what he brings to the team , david wants to be the best everyday and even with all the skills guys you have , I can tell you he will be one of the best one out there.

great trade for the oilers

dangle6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2013, 08:40 AM
dustrock
Too Legit To Quit

anyone wonder if the mystery man who gave away 500 coffees at Tim Horton's might have been Perron?

he just arrived the other day and he mentioned Timmy's in a tweet.

dustrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2013, 10:11 AM
Trafalgar Law
Waive Dallas Eakins

Quote:
Originally Posted by dangle6 View Post
i have played with david perron 2 years and I can tell you that you will not be disappointed with what he brings to the team , david wants to be the best everyday and even with all the skills guys you have , I can tell you he will be one of the best one out there.

great trade for the oilers
Err dumb question, but was this in junior or are you Kevin Shattenkirk or something?

Trafalgar Law is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2013, 10:27 AM
MoneyGuy

Perron's former coach, Ken Hitchcock, was on the Team 1260 yesterday and spoke very highly of the guy. He called him a very skilled player and said that he'll fit in very well in our top six. They wanted Magnus and didn't make the trade to get rid of Perron.

MoneyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2013, 12:12 PM
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyGuy View Post
Perron's former coach, Ken Hitchcock, was on the Team 1260 yesterday and spoke very highly of the guy. He called him a very skilled player and said that he'll fit in very well in our top six. They wanted Magnus and didn't make the trade to get rid of Perron.
I like Perron and the trade but Hitchcock has never hesitated to pump the Oilers' tires.

Moonlapse Vertigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2013, 12:16 PM
s7ark
LeonTheProfessional

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustrock View Post
anyone wonder if the mystery man who gave away 500 coffees at Tim Horton's might have been Perron?

Good call. It very well could have been him.

s7ark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2013, 12:20 PM
OilerFan4Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustrock View Post

Yep, makes a lot of sense.

Some dude in Ottawa did the same thing today.

Society actually not going down the drain?

OilerFan4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2013, 12:25 PM
Dabomb

Wonder if Perron was on the southside this morning because I had my Timmy's paid for today too lol.

i hated losing Maggie but Perron's really starting to grow on me already. Love how he's already interacting with many Oiler teammates through Twitter. Loved his video of him being shown around Rexall.. he seems to be like a rink rat and checking everything out. His wife is pretty hot too

Dabomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2013, 12:32 PM
joestevens29

vCash: 95
Apparently someone in CGY also bought coffee. One up'd the Edmonton guy by 50 bucks.

Garner didn't like this.

joestevens29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2013, 12:34 PM
Turrican*
Not a homer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dabomb View Post
Wonder if Perron was on the southside this morning because I had my Timmy's paid for today too lol.

i hated losing Maggie but Perron's really starting to grow on me already. Love how he's already interacting with many Oiler teammates through Twitter. Loved his video of him being shown around Rexall.. he seems to be like a rink rat and checking everything out. His wife is pretty hot too
This applies to most hockey players... Unless they are Canucks.

Turrican* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2013, 12:40 PM
Asher

Quote:

It's almost odd to see how much Perron has embraced this trade. The guy left playoff team that's on the verge of being a contender, the only team he's ever played for, etc. My guess is he's glad to get away from Hitchcock's defensive coaching.

Asher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2013, 12:47 PM
joestevens29

vCash: 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asher View Post
It's almost odd to see how much Perron has embraced this trade. The guy left playoff team that's on the verge of being a contender, the only team he's ever played for, etc. My guess is he's glad to get away from Hitchcock's defensive coaching.
Andy Strickland kept bringing up Hitch and the defensive system and how it has hampered Perron's high end offense.

joestevens29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2013, 12:49 PM
Turrican*
Not a homer

I see Perron as a french, more durable, most pesty, Hemsky.

Am I correct in this analysis?

Old
07-25-2013, 12:52 PM
Spawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turrican View Post
I see Perron as a french, more durable, most pesty, Hemsky.

Am I correct in this analysis?
Better goal scorer, not as good playmaker (at least when Hemsky was still good at it). Not as good at making moves at high speeds on a consistent basis.

Spawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2013, 12:53 PM
I am the Liquor

vCash: 8345
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spawn View Post
Better goal scorer, not as good playmaker (at least when Hemsky was still good at it). Not as good at making moves at high speeds on a consistent basis.
How is he defensively?

I am the Liquor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2013, 12:56 PM
Dabomb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spawn View Post
but hopefully easier to play with for his teammates. As good and skilled of a playmaker that Hemsky is, he's a hard player to play with and there wasn't many linemates that had good chemistry with him. Although I have read a few articles of the same criticism of Perron... that sometimes he held on the puck too long.

Dabomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2013, 01:08 PM
Turrican*
Not a homer

Quote:
but hopefully easier to play with for his teammates. As good and skilled of a playmaker that Hemsky is, he's a hard player to play with and there wasn't many linemates that had good chemistry with him. Although I have read a few articles of the same criticism of Perron... that sometimes he held on the puck too long.
Sounds like a certain Matt Duchene.

Old
07-25-2013, 01:11 PM
s7ark
LeonTheProfessional

Quote:
I agree, that is a bit worrying. We saw at the WHC that Duchene's "screw everyone, I'm doing it on my own" mentality can hamper the other players on the line. I am hoping that Perron will realize that he's going to be playing with players at least as skilled as him, and will use them better than he did in St. Louis.

s7ark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2013, 01:12 PM
Turrican*
Not a homer

Quote:
Originally Posted by s7ark View Post
I agree, that is a bit worrying. We saw at the WHC that Duchene's "screw everyone, I'm doing it on my own" mentality can hamper the other players on the line. I am hoping that Perron will realize that he's going to be playing with players at least as skilled as him, and will use them better than he did in St. Louis.
Ya I hope he knows he isn't playing with grindy, defensive checkers anymore.

Old
07-25-2013, 01:24 PM
OilerFan4Life

Perron has sick mitts. He's a faster Gagner with a much better release.

OilerFan4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2013, 08:39 AM
Bouch1337

vCash: 580
as i was searching through the forums there I noticed there seems to be a lack of discussion specifically about perron. I found this surprising, but anyways the reason I was doing this was to post this article spector posted today from st. louis. The title of which feels like the tagline to paajarvi's career.

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/hocke...7c5fea225.html

Bouch1337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2013, 02:29 PM
manningite

vCash: 50
Does anyone else believe that J. Joensuu will be an improvement over MPS in the role that we all kept hoping MPS would do and he did start filling last year, which is a third line pushing weight around in front of the net, hitting, and essentially distracting/deflecting role?

Personally I think that with Perron deal we got a steal and our free agency pickup JJ more than makes up for the loss of what MPS was supposed to bring.

manningite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2013, 02:30 PM
SephF
Thanks Smytty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trafalgar Law View Post
Err dumb question, but was this in junior or are you Kevin Shattenkirk or something?
I'm guessing he played in Lewiston in the QMJHL, he was also asking about Eric Gelinas in another thread who was a teammate of Perrons in junior I believe.

SephF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2013, 02:35 PM
Aerchon

Quote:
Originally Posted by manningite View Post
Does anyone else believe that J. Joensuu will be an improvement over MPS in the role that we all kept hoping MPS would do and he did start filling last year, which is a third line pushing weight around in front of the net, hitting, and essentially distracting/deflecting role?

Personally I think that with Perron deal we got a steal and our free agency pickup JJ more than makes up for the loss of what MPS was supposed to bring.
Right at this moment it surely looks that way.

Only time will tell the true tale.

Aerchon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2013, 02:39 PM
shogun99

Quote:
Originally Posted by SephF View Post
I'm guessing he played in Lewiston in the QMJHL, he was also asking about Eric Gelinas in another thread who was a teammate of Perrons in junior I believe.
Damn, I was hoping that dangle6 was Shattenkirk.

shogun99 is offline   Reply With Quote