HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > QMJHL

*OFFICIAL* Cape Breton Screaming Eagles 2013-2014 Thread

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
08-27-2013, 09:34 PM
  #51
WildcatMapleLeafs28
Registered User
 
WildcatMapleLeafs28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Atlantic Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,844
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by QMJHLfollower View Post
Hey guys, what will the Lineup looks like?

I really like the Brunelle and Lavoie acquisition for the Screaming Eagles.

Thanks.
Brunelle has been cut. Not sure about Lavoie though.

WildcatMapleLeafs28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2013, 10:32 PM
  #52
JEagle
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Cape Breton
Country: Canada
Posts: 88
vCash: 500
Your thinking of Jamie McIntyre Wildcat as for Lavoie he never was in camp we just hold his right and just as an update The Eagles current roster is as follows

Forwards
William Carrier - 19
Kyle Farrell - 19
Cameron Darcy - 19
Raphael Corriveau - 19
Charles-Eric Legare - 19
Bronson Beaton - 18
Nicholas Dozzi - 18
Michael Lyle - 18
Francis Brunelle - 18
Clark Bishop - 17
Julien Pelletier - 17
Timothé Simard - 17
Maxim Lazarev - 17

Defencemen
Jérémy Beaudy - 20
Stephen Woodworth - 20
Justin Haché - 19
Loïc Leduc - 19
Gareth Nicholson - 18
Matthew Nosella - 18
Matthew Donnelly - 18
Jason Bell - 16
Bradley Lalonde - 16

Goalies
Maxime Lagace - 20
Alex Bureau - 17

JEagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2013, 08:23 AM
  #53
Pilgore88
Registered User
 
Pilgore88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: East Coast
Posts: 3,524
vCash: 500
Will Lazarov and Bishop be playing together? Both guys are top prospects from the Q.

Pilgore88 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2013, 09:20 AM
  #54
Scarecrow Boat
Registered User
 
Scarecrow Boat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 3,699
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Officer Farva View Post
Will Lazarov and Bishop be playing together? Both guys are top prospects from the Q.
It'll come down to chemistry > NHL draft rankings

Scarecrow Boat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2013, 10:20 AM
  #55
WildcatMapleLeafs28
Registered User
 
WildcatMapleLeafs28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Atlantic Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,844
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JEagle View Post
Your thinking of Jamie McIntyre Wildcat as for Lavoie he never was in camp we just hold his right and just as an update The Eagles current roster is as follows

Forwards
William Carrier - 19
Kyle Farrell - 19
Cameron Darcy - 19
Raphael Corriveau - 19
Charles-Eric Legare - 19
Bronson Beaton - 18
Nicholas Dozzi - 18
Michael Lyle - 18
Francis Brunelle - 18
Clark Bishop - 17
Julien Pelletier - 17
Timothé Simard - 17
Maxim Lazarev - 17

Defencemen
Jérémy Beaudy - 20
Stephen Woodworth - 20
Justin Haché - 19
Loïc Leduc - 19
Gareth Nicholson - 18
Matthew Nosella - 18
Matthew Donnelly - 18
Jason Bell - 16
Bradley Lalonde - 16

Goalies
Maxime Lagace - 20
Alex Bureau - 17
Yes you're right. I was got the two mixed up. I knew the player that came back in the Moody trade was cut.

WildcatMapleLeafs28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2013, 03:27 PM
  #56
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Somewhere in Quebec.
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,104
vCash: 500
Some trade assets there. CB is in good shape.

IHaveNoCreativity is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2013, 03:51 PM
  #57
kyle44
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 176
vCash: 500
Jérôme Bérubé ‏@Jerome_Berube 3m
#LRT Nicolas Roy praticing with a Rouyn-Noranda Huskies jersey with his Midget AAA team #Drama

Nice bit of gamesmanship on Roy's part

kyle44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2013, 03:54 PM
  #58
WildcatMapleLeafs28
Registered User
 
WildcatMapleLeafs28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Atlantic Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,844
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle44 View Post
Jérôme Bérubé ‏@Jerome_Berube 3m
#LRT Nicolas Roy praticing with a Rouyn-Noranda Huskies jersey with his Midget AAA team #Drama

Nice bit of gamesmanship on Roy's part
I'm not a least bit surprised. I've heard for the last couple of weeks that the Huskies are indeed very interested and the front runners. They also own CB's 1st 2014 which in all likehood will be returned.

WildcatMapleLeafs28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2013, 04:11 PM
  #59
kyle44
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 176
vCash: 500
If indeed he ends up a member of the Huskies does anyone else think that Jason Bell was a down payment or an insurance policy for Roy? Or in other words does anyone believe the Eagles made that trade under the assumption that if he (Roy) did not report they would recoup the pick in a trade with Rouyn for Roy while still obtaining Bell

kyle44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2013, 04:15 PM
  #60
WildcatMapleLeafs28
Registered User
 
WildcatMapleLeafs28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Atlantic Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,844
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle44 View Post
If indeed he ends up a member of the Huskies does anyone else think that Jason Bell was a down payment or an insurance policy for Roy? Or in other words does anyone believe the Eagles made that trade under the assumption that if he (Roy) did not report they would recoup the pick in a trade with Rouyn for Roy while still obtaining Bell
I don't think it was anything to do with Roy. At the draft (time of the trade) , Dumont was still hopeful that Roy would report. It seemed to be an even and realistic hockey trade.

WildcatMapleLeafs28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-05-2013, 12:25 AM
  #61
brec7
Registered User
 
brec7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Sydney, NS
Posts: 336
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Officer Farva View Post
Will Lazarov and Bishop be playing together? Both guys are top prospects from the Q.
For whatever it's worth, in Halifax Lazaerv was playing with Darcy & Carrier. We'll see how the lines look for the last exhibition game against Halifax this Sunday. It's strange as with Clarke leaving there's only 13 forwards.

brec7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-05-2013, 03:59 PM
  #62
Emerz
Registered User
 
Emerz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Nova Scotia
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,046
vCash: 50
Roy traded to Chicoutimi for 2014, 2015, 2016 firsts.

Emerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-05-2013, 04:46 PM
  #63
WildcatMapleLeafs28
Registered User
 
WildcatMapleLeafs28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Atlantic Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,844
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emerz View Post
Roy traded to Chicoutimi for 2014, 2015, 2016 firsts.
Great return considering they also get the #5 overall in 2014 as compensation. I'm also hearing that at least one of those 1st rounders will go back at Christmas for a player.

WildcatMapleLeafs28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2013, 09:21 AM
  #64
ns64
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 80
vCash: 500
Jason Bell has not played the last two games is he injured or scratched?

ns64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2013, 10:44 AM
  #65
JEagle
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Cape Breton
Country: Canada
Posts: 88
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ns64 View Post
Jason Bell has not played the last two games is he injured or scratched?
Injured with lower body day-to-day
If I remember correctly

JEagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2013, 02:43 PM
  #66
Emerz
Registered User
 
Emerz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Nova Scotia
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,046
vCash: 50
I've got a good feeling about the team this year.

Also, Cameron Darcy named QMJHL 3rd star of the week, 6 points in his last 2 games, looking very impressive.

Emerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2013, 02:56 AM
  #67
brec7
Registered User
 
brec7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Sydney, NS
Posts: 336
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emerz View Post
I've got a good feeling about the team this year.

Also, Cameron Darcy named QMJHL 3rd star of the week, 6 points in his last 2 games, looking very impressive.
Darcy has been great thus far.

I'll be interested to see what this all looks like once Farrell is fully settled into the lineup and Lazerev is ready to go.

brec7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2013, 06:55 PM
  #68
Eaglefan81
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Sydney, NS
Country: Canada
Posts: 4
vCash: 500
Leduc sucks

I said it, he sucks. Can't hit the broad side of a barn(with his body or the puck), players walk around him like he's not even there. Everytime he touches the puck he gives it away or ices it and don't even get me started on the facts that he is drafted. My four year old son is a better defencemen than him, and he can't even skate yet.

Eaglefan81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2013, 05:37 PM
  #69
Screeeeech
Registered User
 
Screeeeech's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Nova Scotia
Country: Canada
Posts: 402
vCash: 450
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglefan81 View Post
I said it, he sucks. Can't hit the broad side of a barn(with his body or the puck), players walk around him like he's not even there. Everytime he touches the puck he gives it away or ices it and don't even get me started on the facts that he is drafted. My four year old son is a better defencemen than him, and he can't even skate yet.
Yeah he had a pretty bad game thursday

Screeeeech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2013, 03:36 AM
  #70
brec7
Registered User
 
brec7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Sydney, NS
Posts: 336
vCash: 500
Big defensemen at this level are often project players. Leduc uses his reach effectively I think and is decent on the PK. But he's expectedly awkward as a big guy and not nearly as strong as he should be at his size. I also think Leduc is a guy who would be better in a bottom pairing role but he's pushed into playing more on a team like Cape Breton with such an inexperienced defense core.

brec7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2013, 07:42 AM
  #71
Pilgore88
Registered User
 
Pilgore88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: East Coast
Posts: 3,524
vCash: 500
I haven't been to Nova Scotia yet this year, how have Bishop and Pelletier looked thus far? What situations are they both playing? Thanks in advance

Pilgore88 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2013, 12:27 PM
  #72
DaveyCaper
Registered User
 
DaveyCaper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Sydney, Nova Scotia
Country: Canada
Posts: 18
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Officer Farva View Post
I haven't been to Nova Scotia yet this year, how have Bishop and Pelletier looked thus far? What situations are they both playing? Thanks in advance
They are third and fourth in team scoring and have 4 goals each after seven games so both have been great so far. I think Pelletier is third in rookie Q scoring. Both are playing all situations and Bishop has added some grit to his game.

To say that they have had good starts to the season would be an understatement.

DaveyCaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2013, 08:39 AM
  #73
Pilgore88
Registered User
 
Pilgore88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: East Coast
Posts: 3,524
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveyCaper View Post
They are third and fourth in team scoring and have 4 goals each after seven games so both have been great so far. I think Pelletier is third in rookie Q scoring. Both are playing all situations and Bishop has added some grit to his game.

To say that they have had good starts to the season would be an understatement.
Thank you very much. Very interested in these two for the upcoming draft.

Pilgore88 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2013, 01:40 AM
  #74
brec7
Registered User
 
brec7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Sydney, NS
Posts: 336
vCash: 500
It's uncanny how all of Pelletier's goals are top shelf!

Bishop was already defensively accountable in his 16 year old season, but he's improved in all facets in the off-season. He's very strong on the puck.

brec7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2013, 06:56 AM
  #75
Pilgore88
Registered User
 
Pilgore88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: East Coast
Posts: 3,524
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by brec7 View Post
It's uncanny how all of Pelletier's goals are top shelf!

Bishop was already defensively accountable in his 16 year old season, but he's improved in all facets in the off-season. He's very strong on the puck.
I haven't seen Pelletier play, but heard good things about the offensive side of the game.

Bishop on the other hand I have and I love the kid. Should put up modest numbers this year and be the best draft eligible defensive forward, unless his offense has really picked up this year since the last time I saw him.

Pilgore88 is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:46 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.