HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Pre #7|Friday, Sep. 27, 2013|Flyers at Capitals|7:00 p.m. ET

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
09-27-2013, 06:58 PM
  #176
Flyerfan4life
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Richmond BC, Canada
Country: England
Posts: 12,070
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heisenbergg View Post
He'll get suspended cause Shanahan's a joke. Grabovski head was ducked and it was the "principal point of contact". ****ing ********. Then that ********* Volpatti literally JUMPS into Grossmann and doesn't get a penalty. What a ****ing joke.
EXACTLY....

this pretty much sums up whats wrong with reffing and Shanahan all in 1 post.

its a joke.

Flyerfan4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2013, 06:59 PM
  #177
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor
 
Beef Invictus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Centreville
Country: Lord Howe Island
Posts: 37,968
vCash: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan61290 View Post
Needs to happen sooner then later. People can say what they want about Homer and his assembly of this team but there is no excuse for the team to be this bad, if in fact they continue to play this bad that is when the regular season starts.
I think we should start saying something about Homer and his need to keep coaches until it's too late, forcing a mid-season change. I'd rather they hire someone in the offseason while coaches are available and they can run the camp and preseason themselves.

Edit: I see GG covered this

__________________
Down in the basement, I've got a Craftsman lathe. Show it to the children when they misbehave.
Beef Invictus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2013, 07:00 PM
  #178
FlyersFan61290
Registered User
 
FlyersFan61290's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 8,503
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heisenbergg View Post
The period wasn't that bad Jesus Christ...

The first goal was a bad play by Emery, but so what it happens. Better now than in the first game. The second goal was an unstoppable bomb from the best player on the league's best power play....that shot was going in against anybody... That PK was actually going pretty well up till that point. Now if you're looking at all the penalties taken as a negative, can't argue that.
Injuries too. Btw Ovi is not the leagues best goal scorer, that title belongs to Stamkos IMO.

FlyersFan61290 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2013, 07:00 PM
  #179
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment
 
GKJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Do not trade plz
Country: United States
Posts: 110,566
vCash: 5888
Shanahan has had opportunities to suspend Rinaldo and has only done it once. I'm no fan of Shanahan, but I wouldn't assume just because he's unpredictable.

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2013, 07:00 PM
  #180
Captain Claude
Registered User
 
Captain Claude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Pennsylvania
Country: United States
Posts: 58
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heisenbergg View Post
He'll get suspended cause Shanahan's a joke. Grabovski head was ducked and it was the "principal point of contact". ****ing ********. Then that ********* Volpatti literally JUMPS into Grossmann and doesn't get a penalty. What a ****ing joke.
So I wasn't the only one who saw that...love the lack of replays on it too.

Captain Claude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2013, 07:00 PM
  #181
Hollywood Couturier
Moderator
 
Hollywood Couturier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: South Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 19,979
vCash: 500
It's Philadelphia's thing to keep coaches too long.

__________________

"I Came Here To Bury Caesar, Not Praise Him" - Roy Halladay
Hollywood Couturier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2013, 07:01 PM
  #182
Alchemy
Philadelphia Flyers
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 12,484
vCash: 500
I think we need to let the season play out before we start talking about coaching changes.

Alchemy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2013, 07:01 PM
  #183
Flyerfan4life
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Richmond BC, Canada
Country: England
Posts: 12,070
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GKJ View Post
Shanahan has had opportunities to suspend Rinaldo and has only done it once. I'm no fan of Shanahan, but I wouldn't assume just because he's unpredictable.
we'll see i guess.

but i wont be at all surprized if i hear/read that Rinaldo gets games for that clean hit..

bloody typical.

Flyerfan4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2013, 07:01 PM
  #184
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor
 
Beef Invictus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Centreville
Country: Lord Howe Island
Posts: 37,968
vCash: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan61290 View Post
Injuries too. Btw Ovi is not the leagues best goal scorer, that title belongs to Stamkos IMO.
I'd say OV's shot is every bit as good as Stamkos', if not better; it's an ICBM. Stamkos is better at getting in position to shoot, though.

Beef Invictus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2013, 07:01 PM
  #185
SchennSational1022*
The Future
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Long Island New York
Country: United States
Posts: 3,281
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan61290 View Post
Injuries too. Btw Ovi is not the leagues best goal scorer, that title belongs to Stamkos IMO.
I meant to type the best scorer on the leagues best power play. Stamkos is my choice as well.

SchennSational1022* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2013, 07:03 PM
  #186
Garbage Goal
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 17,195
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
I think we should start saying something about Homer and his need to keep coaches until it's too late, forcing a mid-season change. I'd rather they hire someone in the offseason while coaches are available and they can run the camp and preseason themselves.

Edit: I see GG covered this
I got ya back brah

Garbage Goal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2013, 07:03 PM
  #187
MP92
Catching flies
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 3,460
vCash: 500
Couturier continues to excite me. He really looks like a more confident player. I think Read is going to have a big season as well. Streit looks slow to me. I always thought he was faster than what he's shown.

MP92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2013, 07:04 PM
  #188
FlyersFan61290
Registered User
 
FlyersFan61290's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 8,503
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
I'd say OV's shot is every bit as good as Stamkos', if not better; it's an ICBM. Stamkos is better at getting in position to shoot, though.
Intercontinental ballistic missile?

Well maybe best shot but we are talking goal scorer here. All things considered Stammer has the edge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heisenbergg View Post
I meant to type the best scorer on the leagues best power play. Stamkos is my choice as well.
Gotcha

FlyersFan61290 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2013, 07:05 PM
  #189
Garbage Goal
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 17,195
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan61290 View Post
Well maybe best shot but we are talking goal scorer here. All things considered Stammer has the edge.
If Ovechkin hadn't regressed or if he rebounds back to prime form it's Ovechkin though. In his best days he was a 60+ goal scorer which is something I can't imagine anyone else doing.

Garbage Goal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2013, 07:05 PM
  #190
Alchemy
Philadelphia Flyers
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 12,484
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOREacek View Post
Couturier continues to excite me. He really looks like a more confident player. I think Read is going to have a big season as well. Streit looks slow to me. I always thought he was faster than what he's shown.
Couts looks more explosive. I think with Streit it's more of a transition to a new team and system.

Alchemy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2013, 07:06 PM
  #191
Striiker
Orange and Black
 
Striiker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Lehigh Valley, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 6,121
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heisenbergg View Post
The period wasn't that bad Jesus Christ...

The first goal was a bad play by Emery, but so what it happens. Better now than in the first game. The second goal was an unstoppable bomb from the best player on the league's best power play....that shot was going in against anybody... That PK was actually going pretty well up till that point. Now if you're looking at all the penalties taken as a negative, can't argue that.
Finally a bit of positive thinking. The first period wasn't that bad at all. A goalie mistake and PP goal shouldn't be enough for all this whining. It certainly didn't help that the refs are being *****, we spend a ton of that period on the PK.

This is seriously the most negative forum I've ever seen in my life.

Striiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2013, 07:07 PM
  #192
Garbage Goal
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 17,195
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Striiker View Post
Finally a bit of positive thinking. The first period wasn't that bad at all. A goalie mistake and PP goal shouldn't be enough for all this whining. It certainly didn't help that the refs are being *****, we spend a ton of that period on the PK.

This is seriously the most negative forum I've ever seen in my life.
I've said this a couple times to you before but you seem to continue to ignore it, but if you think all this "whining and negativity", as you like to call it, is simply over one game then you're really out of touch with reality.

Garbage Goal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2013, 07:07 PM
  #193
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment
 
GKJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Do not trade plz
Country: United States
Posts: 110,566
vCash: 5888
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyerfan4life View Post
we'll see i guess.

but i wont be at all surprized if i hear/read that Rinaldo gets games for that clean hit..

bloody typical.
Grabovski wasn't hurt, so it's unlikely much will happen since that's often the determining factor.

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2013, 07:07 PM
  #194
FlyersFan61290
Registered User
 
FlyersFan61290's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 8,503
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garbage Goal View Post
If Ovechkin hadn't regressed or if he rebounds back to prime for it's Ovechkin though. In his best days he was a 60+ goal scorer which is something I can't imagine anyone else doing.
He's only 23 and already has a 60 goal season so I wouldn't be so sure about that last part.

FlyersFan61290 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2013, 07:09 PM
  #195
Garbage Goal
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 17,195
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan61290 View Post
He's only 23 and already has a 60 goal season so I wouldn't be so sure about that last part.
Fair enough.

Garbage Goal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2013, 07:09 PM
  #196
Appleyard
Registered User
 
Appleyard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Manc/Shef/Utrecht
Country: Netherlands
Posts: 5,699
vCash: 165
Quote:
Originally Posted by Striiker View Post
Finally a bit of positive thinking. The first period wasn't that bad at all. A goalie mistake and PP goal shouldn't be enough for all this whining. It certainly didn't help that the refs are being *****, we spend a ton of that period on the PK.

This is seriously the most negative forum I've ever seen in my life.
Tbf I honestly think it is a more positive forum now than it was a few years ago! The self depreciation of the Flyers in the last year is seemingly more joking/wistful/pessimistic than all out depression!

Appleyard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2013, 07:10 PM
  #197
FlyersFan61290
Registered User
 
FlyersFan61290's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 8,503
vCash: 500
Anybody else been underwhelmed by Vinny so far this preseason?

FlyersFan61290 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2013, 07:11 PM
  #198
LegionOfDoom91
Registered User
 
LegionOfDoom91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 13,604
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Striiker View Post
This is seriously the most negative forum I've ever seen in my life.
Maybe you're just too much of a homer?

LegionOfDoom91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2013, 07:11 PM
  #199
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars
 
MiamiScreamingEagles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 39,656
vCash: 1688
Grossmann is out there.

MiamiScreamingEagles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2013, 07:11 PM
  #200
FlyersFan61290
Registered User
 
FlyersFan61290's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 8,503
vCash: 500
Nice to see Grossmann back out there.

FlyersFan61290 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:44 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.