HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official Eskimos and CFL 2013 season thread Part 3: Eskies 3-9, I ain't even mad now

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
09-27-2013, 02:23 PM
  #951
Gord
Tesla
 
Gord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,753
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
Looks like we will be doing a lot passing since we have no running backs.
Isn't there John White? Or as I call him, the useless John White.
god help Reilly if he has to rely on White picking up a block on a blitz.
the guy is useless without the ball.
If he's playing Reilly could very well get hurt.

Gord is offline  
Old
09-27-2013, 04:58 PM
  #952
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Hockey Hell
Country: Canada
Posts: 37,787
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by guymez View Post
I think the key here is having a solid #1- #3 receivers so you can groom the #4 and #5. The problem as I see it is that Koch and Coehoorn were being put in the #2 and #3 role far too often when they clearly aren't ready. The CFL has no AHL to groom these Canadian players and so it requires some depth to be able to do it properly. Koch and Coehoorn may not ever be top 3 receivers but I think the team has mismanaged its share of players including Koch and Coehoorn so far.
Aren't ready? Coehoorn is 27 yrs old with several years pro experience now and he's still bordering on the other side of useless. As I've stated all year having him out there on every down for whatever reason is akin to being shorthanded on every play. Its possibly worse. Because actually checking down on him is a distraction from useful targets. At best he's a drive stopper. When he's not taking unsportsmanlike penalties for stupid **** like trying to punch somebody.

Lets look at his sum contribution last week. 5 balls thrown his way. On two of them the pass is right on his mitts, easy catch, and he flubs both with his typical clumsiness. On a 3rd pass he didn't run his route and the pass went where he was supposed to be. He made it look good though with outstretched hands in the air.. all try this kid..<sarcasm>
On the two passes he did somehow manage to catch he failed to break tackle on either one, and failed to make a first down on either one. He contributed 9yds offense out there while being in for virtually all of the downs. On any play Coehoorn gets hit he grimaces and gingerly picks himself up like he's broken and a stretcher is required. I don't think theres a more obvious case in this league of a player that shouldn't be playing pro football. This guy is a friggen *****.

Sorry to break it to you as well but Koch is not Canadian. He's an import. So I'm not sure what you're trying to say with that excuse.

As I've stated for years a recieving core consisting of Fred Stamps and junk is mostly junk. (this stated during the long bowman absence) IN every instance yourself and others proclaimed that the receiving core here wasn't at all a problem and that this was just me complaining.


Last edited by Replacement: 09-27-2013 at 05:06 PM.
Replacement is offline  
Old
09-27-2013, 06:11 PM
  #953
s7ark
Moderator
LeonTheProfessional
 
s7ark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,037
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gord View Post
after reading the sun interview with hervey the other day, I really believe that they plan on having Reed coach next season.
It gave me the impression that Hervey likes the job reed has been doing.

also, why is Shaw still on the team? he's getting paid big money to do kickoffs and make really bad punts. they should get rid of him, get someone cheaper and pass the savings on to Bowman. he deserves to get paid.
Well, looks like I'm out for next season as well then. Unless Reed wins the cup this season, there is no reason to bring him back. The Eskies are idiots.

s7ark is offline  
Old
09-27-2013, 07:11 PM
  #954
guymez
The Seldom Seen Kid
 
guymez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,483
vCash: 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by Replacement View Post
Aren't ready? Coehoorn is 27 yrs old with several years pro experience now and he's still bordering on the other side of useless. As I've stated all year having him out there on every down for whatever reason is akin to being shorthanded on every play. Its possibly worse. Because actually checking down on him is a distraction from useful targets. At best he's a drive stopper. When he's not taking unsportsmanlike penalties for stupid **** like trying to punch somebody.

Lets look at his sum contribution last week. 5 balls thrown his way. On two of them the pass is right on his mitts, easy catch, and he flubs both with his typical clumsiness. On a 3rd pass he didn't run his route and the pass went where he was supposed to be. He made it look good though with outstretched hands in the air.. all try this kid..<sarcasm>
On the two passes he did somehow manage to catch he failed to break tackle on either one, and failed to make a first down on either one. He contributed 9yds offense out there while being in for virtually all of the downs. On any play Coehoorn gets hit he grimaces and gingerly picks himself up like he's broken and a stretcher is required. I don't think theres a more obvious case in this league of a player that shouldn't be playing pro football. This guy is a friggen *****.

Sorry to break it to you as well but Koch is not Canadian. He's an import. So I'm not sure what you're trying to say with that excuse.

As I've stated for years a recieving core consisting of Fred Stamps and junk is mostly junk. (this stated during the long bowman absence) IN every instance yourself and others proclaimed that the receiving core here wasn't at all a problem and that this was just me complaining.
Yup...Coehoorn is 27 and he has completed 2 years in the CFL. A grand total of 35 games.
I guess for you that means several years.
He is not young in terms of his birth certificate but he is young in terms of experience which clearly you refuse to acknowledge.

He needs to improve. That much is clear.

Also he is a non import...looks like you missed again.

http://www.esks.com/roster/show/id/3687

In any event I get it...you dont like him and you will defend that position (like you did with Ray when he was here) until the end.

So we shall just have to agree to disagree as I am not the least bit interested in an ongoing circular discussion and your ongoing obfuscation of facts.


Last edited by guymez: 09-27-2013 at 07:34 PM.
guymez is offline  
Old
09-27-2013, 08:01 PM
  #955
Red Deer Rebel
Registered User
 
Red Deer Rebel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Red Deer
Posts: 2,362
vCash: 500
Replacement hasn't put the word filter to this much work since Ricky Ray was here.

Red Deer Rebel is online now  
Old
09-27-2013, 08:23 PM
  #956
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Hockey Hell
Country: Canada
Posts: 37,787
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by guymez View Post
Yup...Coehoorn is 27 and he has completed 2 years in the CFL. A grand total of 35 games.
I guess for you that means several years.
He is not young in terms of his birth certificate but he is young in terms of experience which clearly you refuse to acknowledge.

He needs to improve. That much is clear.

Also he is a non import...looks like you missed again.

http://www.esks.com/roster/show/id/3687

In any event I get it...you dont like him and you will defend that position (like you did with Ray when he was here) until the end.

So we shall just have to agree to disagree as I am not the least bit interested in an ongoing circular discussion and your ongoing obfuscation of facts.
Are you having trouble with reading comprehension? Koch is an import. Which is what I corrected from your post. For some reason you thought Koch is a non import.

Also, this is Coehoorns third season. Didn't get much action in the first but whatever. I mention his age because it signifies he's not getting much better.

Replacement is offline  
Old
09-27-2013, 08:30 PM
  #957
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Hockey Hell
Country: Canada
Posts: 37,787
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Deer Rebel View Post
Replacement hasn't put the word filter to this much work since Ricky Ray was here.
heh

Well, the Esks version of "Jason Clermont" (This is who Coehoorn figures he is in his dreams) has contributed limited yds, virtually non existent yac yds, very few first downs, and 1 TD his whole career. Clermont had around 25 at this stage of his career.

Guymez is on record saying it doesn't matter, that a receiver like Coehoorn is the least of problems. But when a club has lost several games by a FG I would say that each players contributions do matter. Its been a thin line between win and loss this year. The weakest links tend to influence that.

Replacement is offline  
Old
09-27-2013, 08:35 PM
  #958
guymez
The Seldom Seen Kid
 
guymez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,483
vCash: 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by Replacement View Post
Are you having trouble with reading comprehension? Koch is an import. Which is what I corrected from your post. For some reason you thought Koch is a non import.

Also, this is Coehoorns third season. Didn't get much action in the first but whatever. I mention his age because it signifies he's not getting much better.
Yup...my bad on the Koch/Coehoorn mixup. I forgot you had a hate on for 2 players.

...and Coehoorn has only played 35 CFL games regardless of how you want to spin it.

In any event this is as pointeless as discussing Ricky Ray with you so consider me done with this discussion.

guymez is offline  
Old
09-27-2013, 08:40 PM
  #959
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Hockey Hell
Country: Canada
Posts: 37,787
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by guymez View Post
Yup...my bad on the Koch/Coehoorn mixup. I forgot you had a hate on for 2 players.

...and Coehoorn has only played 35 CFL games regardless of how you want to spin it.

In any event this is as pointeless as discussing Ricky Ray with you so consider me done with this discussion.
YOU were the one that mentioned the two players.

I don't "hate" Koch. I just consider him a not very good import. You probably do too now that you realize he's an import.

Oh well, I'm still hoping for the W's this year and tomorrow even if it means were stuck with Reed. I figure we are one way or the other.


Last edited by Replacement: 09-27-2013 at 08:49 PM.
Replacement is offline  
Old
09-27-2013, 11:27 PM
  #960
Red Deer Rebel
Registered User
 
Red Deer Rebel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Red Deer
Posts: 2,362
vCash: 500
Well Replacement, I do agree with most of what you say about Coehoorn.

I don't see much there.

I will say on a couple of those shorter passes to the sidelines, I see him going up for an errant pass and getting stuck pretty good in the ribs or back by the DB. Hard to break tackles when you have to extend yourself for a high ball.

Chambers also hasn't done much, but is coming around, and does look like a good prospect.


Last edited by Red Deer Rebel: 09-27-2013 at 11:33 PM.
Red Deer Rebel is online now  
Old
09-27-2013, 11:33 PM
  #961
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Hockey Hell
Country: Canada
Posts: 37,787
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Deer Rebel View Post
Well Replacement, I do agree with most of what you say about Coehoorn.

I don't see much there.

I will say on a couple of those shorter passes to the sidelines, he is going up for an errant pass and getting stuck pretty good in the ribs or back by the DB. Hard to break tackles when you have to extend yourself for a high ball.

Chambers also hasn't done much, but is coming around, and does look like a good prospect.
Chambers has got some talent. Plus that he's 23afairc and getting better.

Thing that gets me is Chambers gets a lot less downs on this club than Coehoorn does. Chambers is inserted in and out depending on scheme. We're seeing Coehoorn out on nearly every down. Giving me lots to ***** about.

Replacement is offline  
Old
09-28-2013, 12:00 AM
  #962
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs
 
Moonlapse Vertigo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,071
vCash: 500
So um, we can't really take anything from the two wins against the Bombers. The Lions mauled them (literally) 53-17 with Thomas DeMarco making his second straight impressive start. Has Lulay become expendable?

EDIT: Looking at the game stats... huh. DeMarco didn't do much damage. 170 yards passing and one TD.

Moonlapse Vertigo is offline  
Old
09-28-2013, 12:13 AM
  #963
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Hockey Hell
Country: Canada
Posts: 37,787
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlapse Vertigo View Post
So um, we can't really take anything from the two wins against the Bombers. The Lions mauled them (literally) 53-17 with Thomas DeMarco making his second straight impressive start. Has Lulay become expendable?

EDIT: Looking at the game stats... huh. DeMarco didn't do much damage. 170 yards passing and one TD.
Strange stats, I didn't see the game. Did the Leos get a lot of pts off of turnovers?

I will say this, Hall was completely battered after the Edmonton game and couldn't finish last week. I doubt he was very healthy this week. yet the bombers apparently played him most of the game.

Replacement is offline  
Old
09-28-2013, 09:45 AM
  #964
joestevens29
Registered User
 
joestevens29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 25,663
vCash: 279
Quote:
Originally Posted by guymez View Post
Yup...Coehoorn is 27 and he has completed 2 years in the CFL. A grand total of 35 games.
I guess for you that means several years.
I come to realize on these boards that several can mean anywhere from 1-3 years.

joestevens29 is offline  
Old
09-28-2013, 12:22 PM
  #965
guymez
The Seldom Seen Kid
 
guymez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,483
vCash: 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by joestevens29 View Post
I come to realize on these boards that several can mean anywhere from 1-3 years.
Several means more than 2 but I hear what your saying about HF.

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/several

Quote:
1. Being of a number more than two or three but not many:
Indeed...it seems that the HF definition for a lot of things is separated from reality. Not points worth arguing to be sure.

guymez is offline  
Old
09-28-2013, 12:26 PM
  #966
joestevens29
Registered User
 
joestevens29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 25,663
vCash: 279
Quote:
Originally Posted by guymez View Post
Several means more than 2 but I hear what your saying about HF.

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/several



Indeed...it seems that the HF definition for a lot of things is separated from reality. Not points worth arguing to be sure.
Ryan Jones was good several years ago for the Oilers was my fav. Unless the guy meant that Jones was good for the Oilers because several years ago he was on another team, but he didn't.

Something about the lockout has caused time to be all screwed up.

joestevens29 is offline  
Old
09-28-2013, 12:29 PM
  #967
guymez
The Seldom Seen Kid
 
guymez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,483
vCash: 65
Unlike the Eskimos....Toronto is an excellent team.
Hopefully the Argos figure that playing the lowly Esks wont require much of an effort because thats the only way I see the Esks winning this game.

Especially if Ray is back in the lineup.

So I am cheering for the best road team in the CFL to be really over confident and for the Esks to play above their heads. At least then at the very least the game will be entertaining.

guymez is offline  
Old
09-28-2013, 12:32 PM
  #968
guymez
The Seldom Seen Kid
 
guymez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,483
vCash: 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by joestevens29 View Post
Ryan Jones was good several years ago for the Oilers was my fav. Unless the guy meant that Jones was good for the Oilers because several years ago he was on another team, but he didn't.

Something about the lockout has caused time to be all screwed up.


I am pulling for an Esks win today and Coehoorn (the veteran of several years) contributing with a 100 yard game.

guymez is offline  
Old
09-28-2013, 12:34 PM
  #969
joestevens29
Registered User
 
joestevens29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 25,663
vCash: 279
Quote:
Originally Posted by guymez View Post
Unlike the Eskimos....Toronto is an excellent team.
Hopefully the Argos figure that playing the lowly Esks wont require much of an effort because thats the only way I see the Esks winning this game.

Especially if Ray is back in the lineup.

So I am cheering for the best road team in the CFL to be really over confident and for the Esks to play above their heads. At least then at the very least the game will be entertaining.
Pray for freezing rain.

joestevens29 is offline  
Old
09-28-2013, 01:19 PM
  #970
MoneyGuy
Registered User
 
MoneyGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 2,323
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by guymez View Post
I am pulling for an Esks win today and Coehoorn (the veteran of several years) contributing with a 100 yard game.
I'm hoping for Reilly to throw three TDs, run for another, Coehoorn to catch a TD ball and Stamps to have 150 yards. Oh yes, also an Esks win. Then I'm going to the Oil Kings game tomorrow and a win there would close out a good sports weekend.

MoneyGuy is offline  
Old
09-28-2013, 01:50 PM
  #971
GreatKeith
Super Smashed Oilers
 
GreatKeith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 13,166
vCash: 128
The last thing this team needs is wins. There's a very slim chance we make the playoffs and a bunch of wins aren't going to change what's wrong with this team. The Argos will very likely beat us, Ray or no Ray.

GreatKeith is offline  
Old
09-28-2013, 02:02 PM
  #972
MoneyGuy
Registered User
 
MoneyGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 2,323
vCash: 500
Maybe you're not aware that if we beat the Argos and the Riders beat Montreal, we'll be tied with the Als for the last playoff spot in the East. Go, Esks. I can't cheer for them to lose tonight.

MoneyGuy is offline  
Old
09-28-2013, 02:11 PM
  #973
GreatKeith
Super Smashed Oilers
 
GreatKeith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 13,166
vCash: 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyGuy View Post
Maybe you're not aware that if we beat the Argos and the Riders beat Montreal, we'll be tied with the Als for the last playoff spot in the East. Go, Esks. I can't cheer for them to lose tonight.
Oh I'm perfectly aware of that, but we don't have the tiebreaker on them. So we need to have more points than them. And given that we are completely unable to beat the teams in our own division, I'd say that's a stretch.

GreatKeith is offline  
Old
09-28-2013, 02:12 PM
  #974
guymez
The Seldom Seen Kid
 
guymez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,483
vCash: 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyGuy View Post
I'm hoping for Reilly to throw three TDs, run for another, Coehoorn to catch a TD ball and Stamps to have 150 yards. Oh yes, also an Esks win. Then I'm going to the Oil Kings game tomorrow and a win there would close out a good sports weekend.
This would have to be one of the most unlikely wins this season if the Esks manage to pull it off.

Oil Kings on the other hand have a much better chance.

But I guess thats why they play the games.

At the very least it looks like the weather for the Esks game will be a win.

guymez is offline  
Old
09-28-2013, 02:13 PM
  #975
joestevens29
Registered User
 
joestevens29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 25,663
vCash: 279
Terry Jones ‏@sunterryjones 7m
Eskimos need about 1,000 walk up to get over 30,000 tonight. Fan appreciation night. Trip to Grey Cup etc. But will they come back?

What exactly is the appreciation night all about? White rapper from the 80's doing half-time show?

joestevens29 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:00 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.