HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

RW Valeri Nichushkin - Chelyabinsk, KHL (2013, 10th overall, Dallas)

Closed Thread

Old
09-27-2013, 05:16 PM
Sartorial
#RegisteredUser

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flynn84 View Post
Classic Nichushkin. Such a horse!

Old
09-27-2013, 05:24 PM
Sartorial
#RegisteredUser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powdered Toast Man View Post
I regret coming in here.
Haha same. I find it usually take 24 hours for the dust to settle. Come back then

Old
09-27-2013, 06:07 PM
avsfan09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primetimey View Post
Notice the NHL, NHL, NHL and NHL in your comment? O right it was an NHL game.

The only reason it is being posted here is because there are so many nay-sayers who said this move will never work. He will not be effective in the NHL because he can't do this in the league. Simply this GIF is being posted to show otherwise.

I think we all understand that the pre-season doesn't mean much.. but he certainly can pull off his signature move on NHL ice, in and NHL game, versus an NHL opponent.
There's only one Matt Hunwick in the league though...

Old
09-27-2013, 06:21 PM
tucker3434

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrappingYoungChad View Post
Classic Nichushkin. Such a horse!
Also, classic Hunwick.

Old
09-27-2013, 06:32 PM
Skinnyjimmy08

im dumbfounded why Nichushkin gets trash talked so much on here. Myself, I love seeing non top 5 recently drafted guys prove everyone wrong, and light it up and prove to teams that passed on them that they are the real deal.... No matter what team it is. TSN just said too that he has been unreal all preseason and alot of teams will be regretting not taking him. Good job Nichushkin and good job Dallas with drafting this beast

Also, this is tough to admit cause I am not a fan of the Oilers, but it woulda been kinda cool seeing him play on the Oilers and play with those smaller skilled guys nightly.

Old
09-27-2013, 07:26 PM
DJB
Sens best prospect

vCash: 908
Seriously that's Nikushkins go to move. He has done it mutiple times in the Russian league. He will soon get figured out by defenceman and then someone like Phaneuf will take his head off as he tries to cut in.

Old
09-27-2013, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinnyjimmy08 View Post
im dumbfounded why Nichushkin gets trash talked so much on here. Myself, I love seeing non top 5 recently drafted guys prove everyone wrong, and light it up and prove to teams that passed on them that they are the real deal.... No matter what team it is. TSN just said too that he has been unreal all preseason and alot of teams will be regretting not taking him. Good job Nichushkin and good job Dallas with drafting this beast

Also, this is tough to admit cause I am not a fan of the Oilers, but it woulda been kinda cool seeing him play on the Oilers and play with those smaller skilled guys nightly.
no kidding...everyone seems to trash him because of what he is not great at and completely ignore that he is an elite skater right now who has very good hands and an alright shot. He has an elite power forward tool set.

Old
09-27-2013, 08:20 PM
Trafalgar Law
Waive Dallas Eakins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinnyjimmy08 View Post

Most Oilers fans are happy with the way Nurse has played, but there's a few fans that have a grudge against Nurse for some reason and continuously trash him on the Oilers boards and pump up Nichushkin like he's the next Lindros. This is why Nurse backers seem really bitter towards Nichushkin. Personally I think they're both great prospects that both fill a major need and I'll leave it at that and support Nurse all the way. A Nichushkin-Gagner-Yakupov line would've been fun to watch though.

Old
09-27-2013, 08:27 PM
Faidh ar Rud Eigin
Modhnóirí Claonta

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJB View Post
Seriously that's Nikushkins go to move. He has done it mutiple times in the Russian league. He will soon get figured out by defenceman and then someone like Phaneuf will take his head off as he tries to cut in.
Every goal scorer has a 'go to move'. I don't see why you think it's a problem.

And Nichushkin won't exactly make it easy for someone to take his head off. He's shifty, extremely fast, and built like a rhinoceros.

Old
09-27-2013, 08:45 PM
Happy Hallidays
We are the 18%

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewOiklRising View Post
I'd pick Nurse every day of the week, twice on Sunday.
Especially considering we added Perron to a top 6 of Hall, Yakupov and Eberle. lol talk about overkill with Nich.

Old
09-27-2013, 09:39 PM
Primetimey

vCash: 83
Why is it a debate of Nurse vs Nichushkin. Both are great prospects with bright futures. No need to poo-poo on either player.

Old
09-27-2013, 10:02 PM
TangoMcBride

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primetimey View Post
Why is it a debate of Nurse vs Nichushkin. Both are great prospects with bright futures. No need to poo-poo on either player.
Agreed.

Old
09-27-2013, 10:39 PM
OEL for Norris
"Derpman-Larsson"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trafalgar Law View Post
Most Oilers fans are happy with the way Nurse has played, but there's a few fans that have a grudge against Nurse for some reason and continuously trash him on the Oilers boards and pump up Nichushkin like he's the next Lindros. This is why Nurse backers seem really bitter towards Nichushkin. Personally I think they're both great prospects that both fill a major need and I'll leave it at that and support Nurse all the way. A Nichushkin-Gagner-Yakupov line would've been fun to watch though.
This has been happening on the nucks board as well...a group of posters trashing Horvat even though he has played well...they use projections like nichuskin will get 40 regularly and Hovart will be lucky to get 20,and elite 2way players are overrated....it's getting annoying quickly, and don't get me wrong I like nichuskin allot

Old
09-27-2013, 11:06 PM
patthebest

Kid with size, hands, wheels and like to go the net... why are people bashing him? I think he should have stayed in Russia for at least another year like most Russians do.

Old
09-27-2013, 11:18 PM
OEL for Norris
"Derpman-Larsson"

Quote:
Originally Posted by patthebest View Post
Kid with size, hands, wheels and like to go the net... why are people bashing him? I think he should have stayed in Russia for at least another year like most Russians do.
Idk why people are bashing him perhaps they are feeling defensive about there own prospects? Anyway I feel like he's is a +skater,shooter,dangler, and has +size,,but is a - in the defensive zone at this point. I really like him as a prospect, but I won't cry about my team not picking him,and certainly won't slander him unjustly

Old
09-27-2013, 11:23 PM
The Mars Volchenkov

Send a message via MSN to The Mars Volchenkov
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faidh ar Rud Eigin View Post
And Nichushkin won't exactly make it easy for someone to take his head off. He's shifty, extremely fast, and built like a rhinoceros.
He does play with his head down a bit. Landeskog smoked him at center ice on Tuesday night and Nichushkin was slow getting up.

Old
09-27-2013, 11:33 PM
Pohlow

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mars Volchenkov View Post
He does play with his head down a bit. Landeskog smoked him at center ice on Tuesday night and Nichushkin was slow getting up.
Oh, he will definitely learn to keep his head up. I mean, didn't Landeskog get nailed like a year or two ago while keeping his head down and missed some time, right? A good ol fashioned open ice hit while your head down will teach someone faster than anything

Old
09-27-2013, 11:50 PM
dnicks17

I don't know if he has the passing/vision or shot to be "elite" if defensemen start forcing him to cut into the middle.

Paajarvi looked unstoppable flying down the wing and cutting to the net early in his rookie year, but eventually defensemen overplayed him wide and he became useless offensively more or less. Nichushkin definitely has tools that Paajarvi doesn't, so I wouldn't expect him to fall as far as Paajarvi did though.

Don't get me wrong. I think he'll be a solid top 6 guy(more than likely a 1st liner), but I don't think I'd be comfortable throwing the word "elite" around with him just yet.

Old
09-28-2013, 12:01 AM
hogtownhabsfan*

He's an absolute animal. I had him as the 5th best player in the draft... ignoring russian factor of course...

Forgetting the russian factor, and putting him in a normal draft and not the stacked 2013 class, and he's a #2-#3 overall pick type of player...

I like Nurse though, Nurse could be the next Trouba... big, rugged, two way defenceman don't grow on trees...

Old
09-28-2013, 01:15 AM
Dundalis

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnicks17 View Post
I don't know if he has the passing/vision or shot to be "elite" if defensemen start forcing him to cut into the middle.

Paajarvi looked unstoppable flying down the wing and cutting to the net early in his rookie year, but eventually defensemen overplayed him wide and he became useless offensively more or less. Nichushkin definitely has tools that Paajarvi doesn't, so I wouldn't expect him to fall as far as Paajarvi did though.

Don't get me wrong. I think he'll be a solid top 6 guy(more than likely a 1st liner), but I don't think I'd be comfortable throwing the word "elite" around with him just yet.
Is Rick Nash a mere solid top 6 guy? He has all the tools to achieve that type of ceiling. There is perhaps no one in the league with the size-speed combo this kid has.

He also does something similar to what Jagr made a career out of, and what Nash also does well, and that is use his massive frame, balance and long stick to protect the puck which will make him a puck possession monster. But there are things that simply get refined as he gets older and more experienced. He'll learn what works and what doesn't. He'll also only put on more bulk and get stronger while also getting faster and more explosive. The tools he has to work with are rare. The other players in the league that have or come close to having those tools are pretty much all elite players.

Old
09-28-2013, 01:37 AM
glassbangers
"I home."

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDebaser View Post
Nurse<Nichushkin

That's really just how it is bro.
Defenders are more valuable than forwards.

Nurse > Nichushkin.

Old
09-28-2013, 01:43 AM
smackdaddy
Hall-RNH-Eberle

What a star! Watch him burn Hunwick! In the preseason to boot! What talent!

Sorry. HF love affairs always make me chuckle.

Old
09-28-2013, 02:36 AM
BobDobolina

vCash: 504
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powdered Toast Man View Post
I regret coming in here.
This. So many of these threads of already drafted prospects are full of this crap.

The Oiltrolls need to calm down a bit.

Old
09-28-2013, 07:15 AM
Faidh ar Rud Eigin
Modhnóirí Claonta

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mars Volchenkov View Post
Most players do. Doesn't mean Nichushkin is going to get hit more than other players.

Old
09-28-2013, 07:41 AM
LoneStarHockey

Not sure why people have to take sides here, Nichushkin has the potential and skill set to be a great player in the NHL. Sure, there will be growing pains as he adjusts to this league but I think it's safe to say that the Stars took the best player available with the 10th pick and it seems like a steal at the moment.

Closed Thread