HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Season Over.... errr.. PREseason over.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
09-28-2013, 01:00 AM
  #1
Cresto
In the pantry
 
Cresto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,208
vCash: 500
Season Over.... errr.. PREseason over.

continue

Cresto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2013, 01:04 AM
  #2
DoTheBlue
Great Expectations
 
DoTheBlue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Pennsylvania
Country: United States
Posts: 6,784
vCash: 500
Wait? This is only preseason?

DoTheBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2013, 01:05 AM
  #3
BlessThisMess513
Registered User
 
BlessThisMess513's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Queens, New York
Country: United States
Posts: 699
vCash: 500
JT looked composed and it showed he wanted to make the team. Kreider seems to play with a mean streak when he gets P.O.'d, I like it.

BlessThisMess513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2013, 01:05 AM
  #4
EvilCorporateLawyer
Very slippery slope
 
EvilCorporateLawyer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Country Roads
Country: United States
Posts: 74,247
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to EvilCorporateLawyer
Things I saw:

Allen is a seriously legitimate prospect who I would say should make the team if we needed a d-man.

Kreider finally played assertive hockey and looked good doing it.

Fast looked very good.

Miller looked very good.

Hrivik looked very good.

__________________
"Of course giving Sather cap space is like giving teenagers whiskey and car keys." - SBOB
"Watching Sather build a team is like watching a blind man with no fingers trying to put together an elaborate puzzle." - Shadowtron
"Used to be only Twinkies and cockroaches could survive a nuke. I'd add Habs to that. I'm convinced the CH stands for Club du Hypocrisy." - Gee Wally
EvilCorporateLawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2013, 01:06 AM
  #5
Raspewtin
Early To The Party
 
Raspewtin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Howard Beach, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 11,132
vCash: 243
I liked what I saw from the youngins, Asham, and Hank in the 3rd period. What I didn't like, basically everything else.

Raspewtin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2013, 01:08 AM
  #6
someone stole hank
Geno's and Apples
 
someone stole hank's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 3,496
vCash: 500
I thought they played terrible until the third period. kreider looked good. nash needs to shoot the puck more! hank looked wayyy better in the third

someone stole hank is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2013, 01:08 AM
  #7
EvilCorporateLawyer
Very slippery slope
 
EvilCorporateLawyer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Country Roads
Country: United States
Posts: 74,247
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to EvilCorporateLawyer
Quote:
Originally Posted by moore is new mac View Post
I thought they played terrible until the third period. kreider looked good. nash needs to shoot the puck more! hank looked wayyy better in the third
Agreed on your last line. It's like Hank was mostly asleep the first two periods and then woke up and realized there was a game going on.

I'm not worried about Hank, though.

EvilCorporateLawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2013, 01:08 AM
  #8
MrEctions
Willy Nilly
 
MrEctions's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Clinton, Ny
Country: United States
Posts: 4,575
vCash: 500
I just looked outside and believe it or not the sky is still up above. Color me shocked......

MrEctions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2013, 01:09 AM
  #9
JCrusher*
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 4,313
vCash: 500
i thought the young guys looked the best. I like Lindberg and fast but they probably need some more seasoning. Miller and Kreider looked the best and if they both are here they should play together since they seem to ahve good chemistry

JCrusher* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2013, 01:10 AM
  #10
Raspewtin
Early To The Party
 
Raspewtin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Howard Beach, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 11,132
vCash: 243
just wondering anybody have real faith in Richards after this preseason? I still do, not much though.

Raspewtin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2013, 01:11 AM
  #11
Green Blob*
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 3,257
vCash: 500
We won just 1 game?

FIRE TORTS

Green Blob* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2013, 01:12 AM
  #12
JCrusher*
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 4,313
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raspewtin View Post
just wondering anybody have real faith in Richards after this preseason? I still do, not much though.

he looks like he did last year nothign has really changed. I mean maybe i misse dit but did he make one clean pass during the whole preseason. Maybe he has reached his limit, i knew giving him a 9 year deal was crazy

JCrusher* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2013, 01:14 AM
  #13
someone stole hank
Geno's and Apples
 
someone stole hank's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 3,496
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raspewtin View Post
just wondering anybody have real faith in Richards after this preseason? I still do, not much though.
I saw some good looks from him tonight. I think he'll be alright just let him gel with someone

someone stole hank is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2013, 01:15 AM
  #14
Inferno
HFB Partner
 
Inferno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Atlanta, GA
Country: United States
Posts: 20,169
vCash: 500
Richards made a few good plays..hes an assist guy..when his linemates dont finish, he wont get points.


Our team looks totally discombobulated...they don't know where to go the vast majority of the time. they look like a team that needs some serious coaching. to me it seems as if they are caught in between systems.

watching this preseason has made me realize one thing... if you want a radical transition from one type of system to another, you better be willing to deal with that transition time, because a team playing in between systems...pretty much looks like we have this entire preseason.....effing terrible, and yet somehow still better than the Flyers.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2013, 01:15 AM
  #15
Boom Boom Geoffrion*
CarciLOL
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: NYC
Country: Greece
Posts: 7,553
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Blob View Post
We won just 1 game?

FIRE TORTS

awesome.

Boom Boom Geoffrion* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2013, 01:16 AM
  #16
someone stole hank
Geno's and Apples
 
someone stole hank's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 3,496
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno View Post
Richards made a few good plays..hes an assist guy..when his linemates dont finish, he wont get points.


Our team looks totally discombobulated...they don't know where to go the vast majority of the time. they look like a team that needs some serious coaching. to me it seems as if they are caught in between systems.

watching this preseason has made me realize one thing... if you want a radical transition from one type of system to another, you better be willing to deal with that transition time, because a team playing in between systems...pretty much looks like we have this entire preseason.....effing terrible, and yet somehow still better than the Flyers.
Lol at the last sentence

someone stole hank is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2013, 01:24 AM
  #17
eco's bones
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Elmira NY
Country: United States
Posts: 12,666
vCash: 500
The young guys all played pretty well but apart from Miller I think they're all heading for Hartford--that includes Kreider. If I were to guess Mashinter stays because the Rangers want him around for size and toughness and he'd have to pass through waivers. Rangers are going to do what they've done in the past--make choices dependent on protecting vets who would have to pass through waivers. The exception IMO will be Powe who they'll try to move.

I like a lot of these guys though--Kreider, Miller, Fast, Hrivik, Lindberg, Allen, McIlrath and even Kristo, Yogan, Haley, Talbot and Mashinter. They all offer something and some of them are very, very close.

Guys I think we need to dump asap--Richards, Pyatt, Powe, Bickel, Bourque, Wilson, Johnson and maybe Jean.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2013, 01:26 AM
  #18
OverTheCap
Registered User
 
OverTheCap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 9,751
vCash: 500
Well, we'll always have Philadelphia...

Liked what I saw from the young forwards. The defensemen were awful tonight although DZ started playing better as the night wore on. Lundqvist started looking like himself in the final seconds of the 2nd period when he stopped that breakaway and was solid in the 3rd.

Not sure what Nash's obsession is with attempting to deke around defenders and then making a bad pass that results in a turnover. He is our best goalscorer and will need to shoot the puck a lot more. I would rather he shoot the puck and use the defensemen as a screen as opposed to trying to skate around them.

OverTheCap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2013, 01:27 AM
  #19
BBKers
Registered User
 
BBKers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: South Koster, Sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 5,795
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to BBKers
Quote:
Originally Posted by eco's bones View Post
The young guys all played pretty well but apart from Miller I think they're all heading for Hartford--that includes Kreider. If I were to guess Mashinter stays because the Rangers want him around for size and toughness and he'd have to pass through waivers. Rangers are going to do what they've done in the past--make choices dependent on protecting vets who would have to pass through waivers. The exception IMO will be Powe who they'll try to move.

I like a lot of these guys though--Kreider, Miller, Fast, Hrivik, Lindberg, Allen, McIlrath and even Kristo, Yogan, Haley, Talbot and Mashinter. They all offer something and some of them are very, very close.

Guys I think we need to dump asap--Richards, Pyatt, Powe, Bickel, Bourque, Wilson, Johnson and maybe Jean.
Didnīt you know - Broadway Brad has put last year behind him and is going to prove he is worthy of his bloated contract now??? PUKE

BBKers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2013, 01:29 AM
  #20
Inferno
HFB Partner
 
Inferno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Atlanta, GA
Country: United States
Posts: 20,169
vCash: 500
Mashinter has been, consistently, one of our worst people on the ice everytime he plays.

I'm including both teams, the refs, and the people that clean up the ice during the commercials.

im not sure what people see in this guy...he sucks.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2013, 01:30 AM
  #21
Inferno
HFB Partner
 
Inferno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Atlanta, GA
Country: United States
Posts: 20,169
vCash: 500
if you want toughness, i'd keep Haley...hes played very well imho.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2013, 01:34 AM
  #22
JCrusher*
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 4,313
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno View Post
if you want toughness, i'd keep Haley...hes played very well imho.

Yeah i dont understand the love for Mash, he isnt terrible but he isnt nearly better than the other guys fighting fr spots

JCrusher* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2013, 01:49 AM
  #23
Pizza
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 10,058
vCash: 500
Meh, not really worried. a LOT of talent in this line up. Five days and a bunch of work to do.

Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2013, 01:51 AM
  #24
16 To Stanley*
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: NYC
Posts: 2,468
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno View Post
Mashinter has been, consistently, one of our worst people on the ice everytime he plays.

I'm including both teams, the refs, and the people that clean up the ice during the commercials.

im not sure what people see in this guy...he sucks.
Some Rangers fans on here will never get over the Rangers toughness need....

Mashinter is an AHL player at best. He is trash. You want to keep tough guys on the roster there are three legitimate options.

Asham
Dorsett
Haley


Other than that, no tough guy should be near the lineup unless we trade for a new one.

16 To Stanley* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2013, 01:55 AM
  #25
Machinehead
Moderator
ActingLikeAStempniak
 
Machinehead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: New York New York
Country: United States
Posts: 35,984
vCash: 500
It's not necessarily the results, just the culture that I can't stand anymore.

No powerplay
Disappointing stars
Can't score more than once
Can't finish chances
Stupid penalties
Get pushed around by big players

These are the same problems for literally decades. We wait all summer and then 6 games of all that same stuff and it just makes you wanna give up.

__________________
Machinehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:59 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. Đ2014 All Rights Reserved.