HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > OHL

*OFFICIAL* Erie Otters 2013-14 Season Thread (Part 2)

Closed Thread

Old
09-22-2013, 09:19 AM
BramptonFan09

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cfriss216 View Post
Made the trip to Plymouth to catch the game last night. Was a really sloppy game on both sides throughout the majority of the first and second. The McDavid, Brown, and Burakovsky line started to get going in the 3rd and showed flashes of why they should be one of the better lines in the league this year. McDavid's assist was nasty. Plymouth's offense was pretty nonexistent throughout stretches of the game. anyway, I will be making the trip to Erie in October to see the Whalers play at the newly renovated arena. I have been there in the past and can't wait to see the new digs.
Watched online last night and must say minus the scrambled first period Erie played very good. Finally got to see our full defensive core with the return of Dermott who looked good. With Genovese and Donnay in the box for 10 minute misconducts the other four D stepped up in a huge way. The difference from last year is unbelievable. They basically rolled 6 defenseman which kept everybody fresh especially Pelech which will help him out long term. The defense partners really compliment each other well! Great job by the coaches!

Old
09-22-2013, 10:36 AM
ErieOttersNews
#NewEra

vCash: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by BramptonFan09 View Post
Watched online last night and must say minus the scrambled first period Erie played very good. Finally got to see our full defensive core with the return of Dermott who looked good. With Genovese and Donnay in the box for 10 minute misconducts the other four D stepped up in a huge way. The difference from last year is unbelievable. They basically rolled 6 defenseman which kept everybody fresh especially Pelech which will help him out long term. The defense partners really compliment each other well! Great job by the coaches!
*Minus the first scrambled 14 minutes. After Plymouth scored Erie suddenly got its s*** together and pretty much controlled the game. Plymouth went into a defensive shell and really put no pressure on us at all until we took the lead in the third. It was strange watching us being the team hemming the other side in their zone and just pouring shots upon shots upon the goalie. Plymouth was a little shorthanded but we have to be happy with the way we played. Burakovsky-McDavid didnt show up until the third period honestly. Once those two figure each other out it will be electric

-Connor Brown has been very impressive thus far. He's added another gear offensively and he could put up a good 90 points this season.

-Defense did look very good. Not sure why Donnay and Genovese got misconducts but the other 4 held their own. I really like it when we had Pelech-Raddysh, Genovese-Abraham, Dermott-Donnay, those are 3 pairings we can roll pretty equally. Defensive effort from the forwards has been better too.

-Dansk looks great so far this season. Played pretty solid against Guelph and played great last night. Faced a good amount of pressure early and late, made a couple good stops. Had a huge save late in the third off that rebound.

-If you thought we were going to lack toughness after dealing Crisp, well that was just wrong. Fox dropped them with Auger against Guelph, a much bigger man, and held his own. Genovese destroyed Chatham last night and Donnay won his fight too, not sure who it was against.

Last edited by ErieOttersNews: 09-22-2013 at 11:16 AM. Reason: I forgot the word scored
Old
09-22-2013, 10:58 AM
Cfriss216

Quote:
Originally Posted by erieottersnews View Post
*Minus the first scrambled 14 minutes. After Plymouth Erie suddenly got its s*** together and pretty much controlled the game. Plymouth went into a defensive shell and really put no pressure on us at all until we took the lead in the third. It was strange watching us being the team hemming the other side in their zone and just pouring shots upon shots upon the goalie. Plymouth was a little shorthanded but we have to be happy with the way we played. Burakovsky-McDavid didnt show up until the third period honestly. Once those two figure each other out it will be electric

-Connor Brown has been very impressive thus far. He's added another gear offensively and he could put up a good 90 points this season.

-Defense did look very good. Not sure why Donnay and Genovese got misconducts but the other 4 held their own. I really like it when we had Pelech-Raddysh, Genovese-Abraham, Dermott-Donnay, those are 3 pairings we can roll pretty equally. Defensive effort from the forwards has been better too.

-Dansk looks great so far this season. Played pretty solid against Guelph and played great last night. Faced a good amount of pressure early and late, made a couple good stops. Had a huge save late in the third off that rebound.

-If you thought we were going to lack toughness after dealing Crisp, well that was just wrong. Fox dropped them with Auger against Guelph, a much bigger man, and held his own. Genovese destroyed Chatham last night and Donnay won his fight too, not sure who it was against.
Pretty sure it was against Carter Sandlak, our OA from Belleville, who is a pretty tough customer. And yes Donnay laid some good shots in that fight. I was impressed with Fox also, he stood out to me a number of times. What kind of a role do you guys think he will play on the Otters this season?

Old
09-22-2013, 11:16 AM
KnightSpit

Game Report Plymouth vs. Erie

Not too far from home, so made the trip

Rink: Nice Barn, very small, but not bad seat in the place.

Refs: |Let things go for the frist 1 minutes, then called just about anything that was warranted

Goal: Dansk looked solid

Lines: Fox, Murphy, Curtis, looked great and dominated were by the far the most successful line of the night. All 3 guys over 6ft, who back check like hell, create chances and hit everything that moves. The Plymouth D just panic when these 3 moved into the zone. OtterNews Murphy threaded the needle with a brilliant pass to Fox to tie the game, kids just flying, don't know what you do with him now.

Fights: Some Plymouth players almost decapitated Murphy with a head shot, before the ref could even put up his hand for a penalty, which he did. Donnay came flying in before Murphy could respond, grabbed the guy and just mad a Rag |Doll out of him, I mean pummeled him into submission. Wow Fox and Donnay Otters are tough and back up each other.

Overall: Erie dominated he game, out shot Plymouth by about 10 shots.

Forwards: Looks like you have a log jam and lots of completion for ICE time, all a good thing.

D: Donnay looked solid and is really using his body and that fight after the Murphy hit, do not mess with this kid.

Injuries: Yikes Strome took a slap shot to the face, blood and looked like teeth on the ICE, had to eave and go to the room. Hope the kid is OK, cause he is playing like a Vet.

Top Line: Although Fox, Murphy and Curtis were the line of the night. McDavid, Brown and that Washington pick were flying, creating chances. Looks like teams are playing McDavid really tight this year. Might need a bit more grit on that line.

Old
09-22-2013, 11:18 AM
ErieOttersNews
#NewEra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cfriss216 View Post
Pretty sure it was against Carter Sandlak, our OA from Belleville, who is a pretty tough customer. And yes Donnay laid some good shots in that fight. I was impressed with Fox also, he stood out to me a number of times. What kind of a role do you guys think he will play on the Otters this season?
Yeah that fight was a bit of a mismatch for Sandlak, Donnay is just so big. As fo Fox, yes he's impressed me thus far. He'll be the second line LW next to Curtis, and though he doesn't wear a letter, he seems like a real emotional leader for me. He grinds hard and isn't afraid to stand up for himself and his teammates. Could see him chip in 50 points, a pretty big source of secondary scoring.

Old
09-22-2013, 11:24 AM
ErieOttersNews
#NewEra

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightSpit View Post
Not too far from home, so made the trip

Rink: Nice Barn, very small, but not bad seat in the place.

Refs: |Let things go for the frist 1 minutes, then called just about anything that was warranted

Goal: Dansk looked solid

Lines: Fox, Murphy, Curtis, looked great and dominated were by the far the most successful line of the night. All 3 guys over 6ft, who back check like hell, create chances and hit everything that moves. The Plymouth D just panic when these 3 moved into the zone. OtterNews Murphy threaded the needle with a brilliant pass to Fox to tie the game, kids just flying, don't know what you do with him now.

Fights: Some Plymouth players almost decapitated Murphy with a head shot, before the ref could even put up his hand for a penalty, which he did. Donnay came flying in before Murphy could respond, grabbed the guy and just mad a Rag |Doll out of him, I mean pummeled him into submission. Wow Fox and Donnay Otters are tough and back up each other.

Overall: Erie dominated he game, out shot Plymouth by about 10 shots.

Forwards: Looks like you have a log jam and lots of completion for ICE time, all a good thing.

D: Donnay looked solid and is really using his body and that fight after the Murphy hit, do not mess with this kid.

Injuries: Yikes Strome took a slap shot to the face, blood and looked like teeth on the ICE, had to eave and go to the room. Hope the kid is OK, cause he is playing like a Vet.

Top Line: Although Fox, Murphy and Curtis were the line of the night. McDavid, Brown and that Washington pick were flying, creating chances. Looks like teams are playing McDavid really tight this year. Might need a bit more grit on that line.
-Yeah, the Fox-Curtis-Murphy line was solid. I was watching the livestream and they played well together. No way Murphy gets cut now. Not sure how they are going to make room for him but he's played his ass off since the start of camp and deserves a spot.

-Fox, Donnay, and Genovese are all tough customers, I dont think we need to worry about a lack of toughness or not being able to stand up for ourselves.

-Strome's gonna be alright. That looked pretty painful and probably lost some teeth but he came back and he had an assist on the powerplay marker we took the lead on.

-I think the McDavid line will be okay as it is. As they started getting it going in the third period they cylced very well and had some chances. I dont think we need to change that line at all, I think their speed will create chances in the transition game and they use the speed well to press on the forecheck. Remember Plymouth, even though they are a bit short offensively this year, are still very good defensively and Nedeljkovic is phenomenal in the crease.

Old
09-22-2013, 06:30 PM
mapleleaf979

Quote:
"Might need a bit more grit on that line"

I agree with the grit issue on that Top Line. I mentioned that a few weeks ago. Its too top loaded with no grit. I think it will prove to be an issue sooner rather than later. Spreading out those 3 top Erie forwards, I think serves this team well. Spread out the danger to 2 lines and challenge the defensive depth of teams. With Harper looking hungry, this team can present danger on 3 lines.

Teams can hang back and play 5 guys at the blue line vs the Brown-Burakovsky-Mcdavid line and force them to play dump and chase. Who is going to be the first forechecker to go after it, time and time again? I bet thats how teams will play them, force them to dump and chase. Something that line would be weak at.... U add one gritty player to that line and all of a sudden it becomes hell to defend them. They would not know what style to force Erie into. We will see. Brown-Burakovsky-Mcdavid can only play that possession game on 2/3 of the ice vs smart teams who will force them to play a style they dont want.

I think Dansk is going to have an extremely strong year, with a few tweaks and learning to close out games, this team could surprise the heck out of people. Dare I say Top 4 in the conference. Losing vs Guelph late, is the worst way to lose. We know teams pour it on late, if they can flip a switch on u and turn the tables, its a nightmare situation. Usually it can expose a team thats weak defensively or soft physically. Closing out Plymouth was huge, that could have started a 5-7 game slid for this team.

Last edited by mapleleaf979: 09-22-2013 at 06:44 PM.
Old
09-22-2013, 07:24 PM
ErieOttersNews
#NewEra

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapleleaf979 View Post
"Might need a bit more grit on that line"

I agree with the grit issue on that Top Line. I mentioned that a few weeks ago. Its too top loaded with no grit. I think it will prove to be an issue sooner rather than later. Spreading out those 3 top Erie forwards, I think serves this team well. Spread out the danger to 2 lines and challenge the defensive depth of teams. With Harper looking hungry, this team can present danger on 3 lines.

Teams can hang back and play 5 guys at the blue line vs the Brown-Burakovsky-Mcdavid line and force them to play dump and chase. Who is going to be the first forechecker to go after it, time and time again? I bet thats how teams will play them, force them to dump and chase. Something that line would be weak at.... U add one gritty player to that line and all of a sudden it becomes hell to defend them. They would not know what style to force Erie into. We will see. Brown-Burakovsky-Mcdavid can only play that possession game on 2/3 of the ice vs smart teams who will force them to play a style they dont want.

I think Dansk is going to have an extremely strong year, with a few tweaks and learning to close out games, this team could surprise the heck out of people. Dare I say Top 4 in the conference. Losing vs Guelph late, is the worst way to lose. We know teams pour it on late, if they can flip a switch on u and turn the tables, its a nightmare situation. Usually it can expose a team thats weak defensively or soft physically. Closing out Plymouth was huge, that could have started a 5-7 game slid for this team.
You make some good points in here. I think we should at least Burakovsky-McDavid-Brown a chance to work together and see what we can do. Even with the top heavy line we can still provide some secondary scoring. We've seen that with Fox, Curtis, and Harper all scoring this past weekend. Pettit looks improved, Strome is great in the 2nd-3rd line range, Murphy has really stepped his game up, and Hodgson will be a good addition as well. So while splitting these guys up really would give us a ton of depth, we could still provide secondary scoring without that happening. But like I said they at least need a chance to learn each other, and maybe they can overcome teams just sitting at the blue line. Remember teams can only "set up" at the blueline when Erie slowly brings it out of their zone. That line would be incredibly dangerous in a transition game.

About Dansk, he has looked very solid thus far. Its been shown European goalies usually have fantastic 2nd seasons. I would agree this Erie squad could be a big surprise, I think they can take 4th in this conference, especially with the west not as strong as it usually is.

Old
09-22-2013, 09:34 PM
hockeye

does anyone know where highlights can be seen from the guelph and plymouth games?

Old
09-22-2013, 09:43 PM
ErieOttersNews
#NewEra

Quote:
Originally Posted by CookieWatcher View Post
does anyone know where highlights can be seen from the guelph and plymouth games?
OHL website should have the Guelph game highlights up soon, they usually post all the highlights of the games played in Canada (dont have US coverage). They're just being slow with the Friday and Saturday highlights. Also Plymouth usually post highlights on their website, not sure if they still do that but as of now there aren't highlights up anywhere that I'm aware of.

Old
09-22-2013, 10:51 PM
hockeye

Quote:
OHL website should have the Guelph game highlights up soon, they usually post all the highlights of the games played in Canada (dont have US coverage). They're just being slow with the Friday and Saturday highlights. Also Plymouth usually post highlights on their website, not sure if they still do that but as of now there aren't highlights up anywhere that I'm aware of.
thanks, I will have to check tomorrow

Old
09-23-2013, 09:35 PM
HF_Rangers

I didn't get the chance to listen or watch the games, but this is a very encouraging start. They won in Plymouth for the first time in years and took a good Guelph team to overtime.

Old
09-23-2013, 09:58 PM
ErieOttersNews
#NewEra

Here are the highlights from the Plymouth win: http://www.plymouthwhalers.com/video...fa94a444c71904

A very good start indeed, couldnt ask for much more than 3 of 4 points from two pretty good teams. Big game wednesday night against saginaw.

Old
09-24-2013, 08:03 AM
Knights77
Gongshow Ninja

Good to see Dane Fox start the year of right, and it looks like he will get the minutes he deserves.
I didn't realize Strome was as big as he is....could end up being a pick that produces a ton while being overshadowed by the 'sexy picks'. (Day - exceptional status, Koeckny)

Old
09-24-2013, 03:13 PM
ErieOttersNews
#NewEra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knights77 View Post
Good to see Dane Fox start the year of right, and it looks like he will get the minutes he deserves.
I didn't realize Strome was as big as he is....could end up being a pick that produces a ton while being overshadowed by the 'sexy picks'. (Day - exceptional status, Koeckny)
Fox is going to be a big part of this team. Getting second line LW minutes, on the second powerplay unit, and I even noticed he got some time on the PK. He's just a good all around player, only real hole in his game is a lack of speed/explosiveness.

About Strome, he's actually quite a big kid for his age. Needs to get stronger/faster but the talent and poise is there. Took a puck to the face in the second period of the Plymouth game, came back in the third and had an assist on the game winning goal. Konency is the real deal, I think he's winning rookie of the year, even though Strome is arguably on the better team. From what I've seen and read about Day through two games, he seems like a project. Incredible skating ability and good offensive ability, but he sometimes skates himself out of position defensively and isnt very physical yet. Only his first year though. He will be an absolute beast in his draft year. We'll see who turns out to be the best player between them.

Now about Windsor, with them losing Sieloff there are talks of them trading away some assets and looking to rebuild. If they choose this course of action do we make a run at Ebert? I think we should, a D-core of Pelech-Ebert, Genovese-Abraham, Dermott-Raddysh would be pretty solid.

Old
09-24-2013, 06:57 PM
mapleleaf979

*delete

Last edited by mapleleaf979: 09-24-2013 at 07:08 PM.
Old
09-24-2013, 08:18 PM
ErieOttersNews
#NewEra

FA Fabrizio Ricci has been released. Gave it a very good run, and on a team that wasn't returning so many forwards, what he did would have probably been enough to stick with the team, tough break for him and I hope his hockey career isn't over.

Leaves us with 15 forwards, guys that are no doubt going anywhere:

McDavid
Brown
Burakovsky
Fox
Curtis
Harper
Strome
Pettit
Hodgson
Betz
Evans
Wigle

On the bubble:

Maksimovich
Murphy
Wood

I imagine one of these three get cut, I would cut Wood honestly. Maksimovich has shown me enough that he can be a good 4th liner. It comes down to Wood/Murphy, who both are primarily forwards now, but could switch to defense. I just prefer Murphy, I like his size and he forechecks hard. A good 3rd or 4th liner, I just dont see Wood in the fold.

Old
09-25-2013, 08:42 PM
OHLFan8771

Watched the game tonight and the Jake Patterson stole the show. Erie dominated in the third and he made incredible save after save. He is the reason Saginaw won this game tonight. On the other end Dansk was not tested as much but he looked solid as he has in all the games this year.
No Burakovsky tonight so Fox took his place on line 1. Fox had chance after chance from McDavid but just could not seem to find the back of the net. McDavid must have set him up around five times tonight.
Kyle Pettit also stood out on the third line. He made one terrific play in the first forcing a turnover and then dished it to Wood who was wide open but could not bury it.
Overall a really good effort with no Burakovsky, Harper, Hodgson, and Wigle. I think Erie outplayed Saginaw, but like I said Jake Patterson was tremendous and preserved the lead in the third.

Old
09-25-2013, 08:49 PM
ErieOttersNews
#NewEra

Quote:
Originally Posted by OHLFan8771 View Post
Watched the game tonight and the Jake Patterson stole the show. Erie dominated in the third and he made incredible save after save. He is the reason Saginaw won this game tonight. On the other end Dansk was not tested as much but he looked solid as he has in all the games this year.
No Burakovsky tonight so Fox took his place on line 1. Fox had chance after chance from McDavid but just could not seem to find the back of the net. McDavid must have set him up around five times tonight.
Kyle Pettit also stood out on the third line. He made one terrific play in the first forcing a turnover and then dished it to Wood who was wide open but could not bury it.
Overall a really good effort with no Burakovsky, Harper, Hodgson, and Wigle. I think Erie outplayed Saginaw, but like I said Jake Patterson was tremendous and preserved the lead in the third.
Agreed. Erie completely dominated after Saginaw went up 2-0 and Paterson is the only reason they won. Wish we could have tied it to at least take a point but again some positives here. We'll be getting Burakovsky and Hodgson back friday, possibly Harper too. A four point weekend would be HUGE with the week off after these two games, then the home opener.

For anyone wondering, the lines were:

Fox-McDavid-Brown
Strome-Curtis-Murphy
Wood-Petit-Betz
Evans-Maksimovich

Pelech-Raddysh
Genovese-Abraham
Dermott-Donnay
Felker (didn't see a lot of ice time)

Dansk in net obvioiusly. Williams should see a game this weekend, I'd start him against who I think the weaker team is, Sarnia.

Old
09-25-2013, 09:27 PM
mapleleaf979

Jesse Saban, Newmarket Hurricanes this year, same team Dermott was on last year.
Cole Mayo, Strathroy Rockets. Just an update if anyone was curious

Old
09-27-2013, 02:10 PM
ErieOttersNews
#NewEra

Pretty important game tonight at Sarnia. One we really need to win, and one I think we should win. I'd be pretty surprised if we didn't come out with the victory tonight. Sarnia doesn't have much defensively and I'd be shocked if they get another goalie performance like they got last night. Burakovsky and Hodgson are both for sure in the lineup, Harper looks to be a game-time decision. For the first time we could see the real top 9 of this team. I would also expect Williams in net tonight.

Old
09-27-2013, 09:41 PM
ErieOttersNews
#NewEra

First line of Fox-McDavid-Brown was kept together tonight. They all went +4. McDavid had a goal and two assists, Fox had two goals and two assists, Brown had a goal and 4 assists. I listened on the radio, Line combinations as best as I could tell were:

Fox-McDavid-Brown
Harper-Curtis-Burakovsky
Strome-Pettit-Hodgson
Wood-Evans-Betz

Pelech-Raddysh
Genovese-Abraham
Dermott-Donnay

Looks like Knoblauch has his D-pairings figured out, and its worked pretty well so far. Shot counts are still a little high, but Dansk is playing solid. And we haven't been outshot thus far. Another win tomorrow night against Windsor would be huge.

Old
09-27-2013, 10:44 PM
massey

Quote:
First line of Fox-McDavid-Brown was kept together tonight. They all went +4. McDavid had a goal and two assists, Fox had two goals and two assists, Brown had a goal and 4 assists. I listened on the radio, Line combinations as best as I could tell were:

Fox-McDavid-Brown
Harper-Curtis-Burakovsky
Strome-Pettit-Hodgson
Wood-Evans-Betz

Pelech-Raddysh
Genovese-Abraham
Dermott-Donnay

Looks like Knoblauch has his D-pairings figured out, and its worked pretty well so far. Shot counts are still a little high, but Dansk is playing solid. And we haven't been outshot thus far. Another win tomorrow night against Windsor would be huge.
Strome played a fair bit with Fox and McDavid.Looked good for sure.Solid night for Dansk.Dont let the score fool you.A blown call by the refs in which the otter player knocked down and interfered the Sting defence from behind creating the 4th goal changed the game. Your team looked good I thought. McDavid has a load of talent for sure.Good luck in Windsor

Old
09-28-2013, 10:41 AM
KnightSpit

Erie vs, Sarnia and TRADES For a Top 2 D Man

Saw most of the game.

There was a nice Sarnia goal early in the game, waived off with a high stick, did not think is should have been dis allowed. Keep Fox. McDavid and Brown together. Like I said that top line needs some grit and FOX is one of the toughest in the league, who can also put the puck in the net.

When you had Mcdavid, Brown and that Washington pick together, players were taking liberties on McDavid and Brown. Hodgson had a pretty good fight until the end, then the Sarnia player filled his face in, but the kid can hold his own. Wood can skate, but still gets pushed around like a pylon in both zones and in the corners.

Why the scratch with Felker ?? Dansk was good and that kid will be in the NHL within 2 years, all Sarnia goals were good no flukes.

OtterNews, OHL Fan and Brampton Fan, I still think Erie seriously needs a Top 2 puck moving D and then your team is complete. IF you can get a D, who can move the puck like that to your forwards, no one will stop ERIE and yeah I hate to admit it, even London will have their hands full. Looks like you have a surplus of decent forwards. You have to give to get, so I suggest you package, Harper, Felker and Throw in Wood and you will land Top two D. I also think if you look down your forward roster, with the exception of McDavid, Brown and Wood, you have the biggest (Size) forwards in the leauge.

Might go to the Windsor game tonight only an hour and half from home, will report if I do. But I still think Otters get that top 2 D man and you guys as going to the final, but that road goes through the Knights. Cannot wait for the first London vs. Erie Game.

Old
09-28-2013, 11:21 AM
ErieOttersNews
#NewEra

Quote:
Saw most of the game.

There was a nice Sarnia goal early in the game, waived off with a high stick, did not think is should have been dis allowed. Keep Fox. McDavid and Brown together. Like I said that top line needs some grit and FOX is one of the toughest in the league, who can also put the puck in the net.

When you had Mcdavid, Brown and that Washington pick together, players were taking liberties on McDavid and Brown. Hodgson had a pretty good fight until the end, then the Sarnia player filled his face in, but the kid can hold his own. Wood can skate, but still gets pushed around like a pylon in both zones and in the corners.

Why the scratch with Felker ?? Dansk was good and that kid will be in the NHL within 2 years, all Sarnia goals were good no flukes.

OtterNews, OHL Fan and Brampton Fan, I still think Erie seriously needs a Top 2 puck moving D and then your team is complete. IF you can get a D, who can move the puck like that to your forwards, no one will stop ERIE and yeah I hate to admit it, even London will have their hands full. Looks like you have a surplus of decent forwards. You have to give to get, so I suggest you package, Harper, Felker and Throw in Wood and you will land Top two D. I also think if you look down your forward roster, with the exception of McDavid, Brown and Wood, you have the biggest (Size) forwards in the leauge.

Might go to the Windsor game tonight only an hour and half from home, will report if I do. But I still think Otters get that top 2 D man and you guys as going to the final, but that road goes through the Knights. Cannot wait for the first London vs. Erie Game.
After last night, I agree keep Fox up there with McDavid and Brown. Burakovsky on the second line with either Curtis/Harper/Strome forms two really good lines, and Pettit/Hodgson on the third line isnt a pushover either. Give Burakovsky time on the first powerplay unit where there is more time and space for him to work with and the lack of a gritty player isn't felt as much.

I'm sure Bassin is looking around about a dman. I think if we added someone like Jesse Graham we are going to be tough to beat. I think Felker and 2 2nds would be enough for Graham. Also Nick Ebert is an option but I'm not sure if Windsor would deal with us. I do not want to give up Harper. He's stepped up so far this season in my eyes and I think he will be a big part of next season's team with the loss of a few forwards (Curtis, Fox, possibly Burakovsky and Brown). I realize you have to give up something to get something but I think we can find a deal for a top 2/top4 dman without giving up Harper. We have a ton of picks, we could deal Felker, we could deal Dekoning.

Wood is a very quick little guy, but like you said he can't take a hit. I think the last spot comes down to him and Murphy, one is getting cut or traded, especially with Wigle returning in the next few weeks.

Felker was scratched simply because the six dmen in front of him are playing better than him. Only guy I could see losing his spot is Donnay.

I think Erie is going to be much better than most people thought this season, but I dont think we're quite on London's level, even if we trade for this top dman we speak of. I think we could be their biggest challenger behind Guelph, but we're a season away from being on that level.

Closed Thread