HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2013-2014 Training Camp Thread (Final Impressions Time - Countdown to Opening Night)

Old
09-28-2013, 05:34 AM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Filipthefuture View Post
Not to make excuses but they did have travel trouble and that can very easily throw a team off but it seems they are making a late push 6-4 so thats is really good to see, and not just laying down and taking a big loss.
I read that as well. Landing in NY 2 hours before the game, how long from the airport to the arena? I'm picturing the Islander players on the ice during warm-ups looking for Predators players like teams in the adult league in late night games at the plex... Only in camp would you cut something that close.

I bet it did take a bit to settle down, especially for the goalie with much less time to stretch.

triggrman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2013, 07:08 AM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

vCash: 400
Smith seems to be playing like he knows his career is hanging by a thread... hop e it keeps up when we play for real.

time to sign Moser, and trade Spaling.

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2013, 08:03 AM
wingnutks

Hey guys. I was at the game last night. Rinne didnt have a bad game, the D kinda hung him out to dry. Only problems he was having was controlling his rebounds. Believe it or not, it could have been easily 7-1 or 8-1 as some of the juicy rebounds were blocked by Preds D legs and a couple posts. None of the goals were "bad" goals by Rinne, he faced a ton of really high quality shots. Hutton made some awesome saves!
As for the PMB comment, I dont think he had his way with anyone really. He just got behind the defense 2 or 3 times, and that lead to 1 wide open breakaway, and another completely open shot from the slot on the rush.
I dont follow the team at all, so I am not sure how many of your starters you had out there tonight, sorry. I did see Weber out there though!

wingnutks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2013, 08:14 AM
Ortos

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomanEmpire View Post
What's the deal with Forsberg? I know it's a minor injury but I didn't know what he'd hurt.
According to swedish media he got a "twisted foot" (don't know if that is the correct english term, but the thing you get when you make a wrong step and step on the side).

http://www.hockeysverige.se/article/...filip-forsberg is a article (in swedish, google translate is your friend) where hes agent talks about it. Mostly he just says that there is no big problem but they like to play it safe and rest him.

Ortos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2013, 08:38 AM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ortos View Post
According to swedish media he got a "twisted foot" (don't know if that is the correct english term, but the thing you get when you make a wrong step and step on the side).

http://www.hockeysverige.se/article/...filip-forsberg is a article (in swedish, google translate is your friend) where hes agent talks about it. Mostly he just says that there is no big problem but they like to play it safe and rest him.
sounds like what we call a "rolled ankle"... not bad enough to be a sprain but can be sore for a few days

Old
09-28-2013, 10:54 AM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Apparently Craig Smith is attempting funny faces to help his goal scoring.

101st_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2013, 11:02 AM
Jarnberg

Hopefully Craig keeps it up. He's going to be one of those guys that gets traded that does really well elsewhere. He has a TON of skill and is a gamer. He just needs to be let loose on the ice.

Jarnberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2013, 11:07 AM
Jarnberg

Photos from last night's game: http://predators.nhl.com/club/galler...id=DL|NSH|home

Apparently someone really likes taking photos of Seth.

Jarnberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2013, 11:07 AM
INDhockeyfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman View Post
I read that as well. Landing in NY 2 hours before the game, how long from the airport to the arena? I'm picturing the Islander players on the ice during warm-ups looking for Predators players like teams in the adult league in late night games at the plex... Only in camp would you cut something that close.

I bet it did take a bit to settle down, especially for the goalie with much less time to stretch.
The Islanders play in Brooklyn now not Long Island. They came in during rush hour at 5 PM. Dumb planning that wouldn't happen during the season as they would have been there a day early.

INDhockeyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2013, 11:09 AM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stranger View Post
Hopefully Craig keeps it up. He's going to be one of those guys that gets traded that does really well elsewhere. He has a TON of skill and is a gamer. He just needs to be let loose on the ice.
He's a kid who needs to fix the space between his ear holes to succeed. Until he gets the mental aspect of NHL level hockey figured out, he'll be a streaky player who shows flashes of greatness then disappears and upsets the fanbase.

101st_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2013, 11:33 AM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by INDhockeyfan View Post
The Islanders play in Brooklyn now not Long Island. They came in during rush hour at 5 PM. Dumb planning that wouldn't happen during the season as they would have been there a day early.
The Islanders don't move to the Barclay's Center in Brooklyn for two more seasons. Last night's game was at Nassau Coliseum in Uniondale, NY.

Preseason games travel is day of game, but during the regular season the CBA mandates that the travel takes place the day prior to game day unless in the event of a back-to-back when they will almost always travel to the next city immediately following the prior night's contest.

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2013, 12:06 PM
jwhouk
Cheesehead Pred

Quote:
Originally Posted by INDhockeyfan View Post
Actually, no they don't. They still play out in Nassau County until 2015. Barclays won't be their "permanent" home until then (and even afterward, they're going to play at least one home game a year at NCC).

EDIT: Ninja'd by the Mod.

jwhouk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2013, 12:08 PM
jwhouk
Cheesehead Pred

Onto other things: First of all - Three Days to the regular season puck drop. (Always remember Wade and Karlis, kids.)

Second: We have 197 days until the final game of the 2014 season. Will Trotz still be the head coach by that time?

jwhouk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2013, 12:29 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwhouk View Post
Onto other things: First of all - Three Days to the regular season puck drop. (Always remember Wade and Karlis, kids.)

Second: We have 197 days until the final game of the 2014 season. Will Trotz still be the head coach by that time?
yes, as much as the fans bemoan the preseason I have one pressing question.

How many periods did Pekka Rinne play? Honestly, if it wasn't Pekka playing one period and going out, or the fact the defense in front of him was not whole, we have not seen the Nashville Predators yet. I will make my judgements after game 10.

Biggest worry right now, backup goal. I would rather have a vet backup to take games away from Pekka because he will be playing in the Olympics. I worry about Weber-Josi and to a small extent, Jones. Forward wise....not so much.

The big question is will Legwand play a 1000 games with the Preds.

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2013, 12:35 PM
wingnutks

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 View Post
yes, as much as the fans bemoan the preseason I have one pressing question.

How many periods did Pekka Rinne play? Honestly, if it wasn't Pekka playing one period and going out, or the fact the defense in front of him was not whole, we have not seen the Nashville Predators yet. I will make my judgements after game 10.

Biggest worry right now, backup goal. I would rather have a vet backup to take games away from Pekka because he will be playing in the Olympics. I worry about Weber-Josi and to a small extent, Jones. Forward wise....not so much.

The big question is will Legwand play a 1000 games with the Preds.
He played 2 full periods. Back up started the 3rd.

wingnutks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2013, 12:39 PM
1stLineCottonCandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stranger View Post
Photos from last night's game: http://predators.nhl.com/club/galler...id=DL|NSH|home

Apparently someone really likes taking photos of Seth.
Man you weren't kidding over half of them were him

1stLineCottonCandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2013, 03:08 PM
NoNecksCurse

just think guys... we got the #2 overall ranked forward in the 2012 draft.... #1 defenseman (player debatable) in the 2013 draft... with already having wilson, bourque, and josi. weber and rinne signed long term. this team should be great very soon.

NoNecksCurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2013, 03:36 PM
1stLineCottonCandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoNecksCurse View Post
just think guys... we got the #2 overall ranked forward in the 2012 draft.... #1 defenseman (player debatable) in the 2013 draft... with already having wilson, bourque, and josi. weber and rinne signed long term. this team should be great very soon.
Dont forget about Aberg because everyone seems too. He is eligible to play with us next year and that's going to be an offensive boost.

1stLineCottonCandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2013, 04:18 PM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

Quote:
the future is very bright. need to get back to the playoffs this year, compete for the WC next year, and then have about 3 years to be true cup contenders when Weber and Rinne are still in their prime

Old
09-28-2013, 04:28 PM
WartracePred

When is the deadline for final cuts?

WartracePred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2013, 04:41 PM
Preds33

Quote:
Originally Posted by WartracePred View Post
When is the deadline for final cuts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Tennessean
Final cuts: Trotz said he expected the final cuts after the preseason finale on Friday. The roster is at 27 players.

Source Article
That is all I know. I believe they have until Monday to cut, but I think they will announce it either later today or tomorrow. I'd say Moser is what is holding up the whole thing. They are probably going back and forth on whether or not to sign him and if they do, then who do they cut to keep him. They could still send him down too.

Preds33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2013, 04:45 PM
Preds33

Has anyone found a good image of Stalberg in gold or even the away jersey for that matter? I know he was knocked out halfway through the pre-season but I can't seem to find any yet. I can only find his headshot on the predators site.

Preds33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2013, 04:48 PM
NoNecksCurse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preds33 View Post
That is all I know. I believe they have until Monday to cut, but I think they will announce it either later today or tomorrow. I'd say Moser is what is holding up the whole thing. They are probably going back and forth on whether or not to sign him and if they do, then who do they cut to keep him. They could still send him down too.
did the tennessean just refer to stalberg as a 30 goal scorer?

NoNecksCurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2013, 05:05 PM
WartracePred

Quote:
did the tennessean just refer to stalberg as a 30 goal scorer?
Cooper called him a potential 30 goal scorer or something to that effect. He was trying to emphasize the loss of a key offensive player... I guess. Cooper has good information because of his access as the beat writer. When his articles start "according to Trotz/Poile etc..." they have value. But suggesting the loss of Stalberg cost the Preds 30 goals make me take his commentary with a grain of salt.

WartracePred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2013, 05:12 PM
Nashville Transplant

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
Smith seems to be playing like he knows his career is hanging by a thread... hope it keeps up when we play for real.
The two goals? Or the -2 ??

Nashville Transplant is offline   Reply With Quote