Notices

Aeros coach Rob Daum disallows Josh Harding from attending roadtrip with Aeros

Old
11-23-2006, 01:05 PM
wukwinn

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to wukwinn Send a message via Yahoo to wukwinn
Aeros coach Rob Daum disallows Josh Harding from attending roadtrip with Aeros

"The closest that Houston goalie Josh Harding got to his team's game at Omaha on Nov. 18 was a computer 900 miles away. And that was plenty close enough for Aeros coach Rob Daum.

Harding got a well-deserved game off that day, albeit an ordered one. Daum told him to skip the trip and catch up on some much-needed rest. Harding complied, and even kicked back to watch a little Ohio State-Michigan football. But when the Aeros dropped the puck, it was time to tune in the game on the Internet."

http://www.nhl.com/nhl/app?service=page&pa...rticleid=283618

Last edited by NyQuil: 11-24-2006 at 10:59 AM. Reason: cannot cut and paste entire articles
wukwinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2006, 09:29 AM
Surly Furious

vCash: 528
Whew, from the thread title it sounded disciplinary.

Harding is an amazing prospect.

Surly Furious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2006, 11:02 AM
firstroundbust
lacks explosiveness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookman View Post
Whew, from the thread title it sounded disciplinary.

Harding is an amazing prospect.

who is biding his time in Houston

firstroundbust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2006, 11:24 AM
Wild Thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceUNO View Post
who is biding his time in Houston
More and more, I think Risebrough will probably pull a Roloson in early March, and trade Backstrom. I think we'll see a battle-hardened, greatly improved version of Harding backing up Manny in the playoffs this year. Like you, I hate to wait that long to see him, but I think he'll be the better player for having been handled thisaway.

Wild Thing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2006, 04:07 PM
Pepsi12pac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Thing View Post
More and more, I think Risebrough will probably pull a Roloson in early March, and trade Backstrom. I think we'll see a battle-hardened, greatly improved version of Harding backing up Manny in the playoffs this year. Like you, I hate to wait that long to see him, but I think he'll be the better player for having been handled thisaway.
do you think there is any possible way that if Fernandez never breaks his slump and someway Backstrom continues to be awesome that he could be trading Fernandez? I know this situation is VERY far fetched and Fernandez just signed that contract, but if Harding is ready to take on the starting roll?

I guess the only way I can see this happening is if somehow we spin so far out of control that we aren't making the playoffs and this was a move for next year. The more I sit here and keep typing, the more I realize I shouldn't have even though up this situation.

Pepsi12pac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2006, 10:47 PM
The Big E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepsi12pac View Post
do you think there is any possible way that if Fernandez never breaks his slump and someway Backstrom continues to be awesome that he could be trading Fernandez? I know this situation is VERY far fetched and Fernandez just signed that contract, but if Harding is ready to take on the starting roll?

I guess the only way I can see this happening is if somehow we spin so far out of control that we aren't making the playoffs and this was a move for next year. The more I sit here and keep typing, the more I realize I shouldn't have even though up this situation.
Of course its a possibility. However, Manny is going to pull out of it. Probably sooner rather than later. I'm sure he doesn't want a 1A & 1B situation like with Roloson.

The Big E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2006, 11:14 PM
________

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to ________ Send a message via MSN to ________
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big E View Post
Of course its a possibility. However, Manny is going to pull out of it. Probably sooner rather than later. I'm sure he doesn't want a 1A & 1B situation like with Roloson.
Fernandez better not over try on it otherwise it's going to be worse.

________ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2006, 07:56 AM
aylib
User and abuser

Send a message via Yahoo to aylib
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepsi12pac View Post

Actually, it is possible. If we were to miss playoffs- most likely that would mean goaltender's performance would be subpar. In that case, I'd rather trade the supposed #1 than the backup, even if going against a sell-high, buy-low strategy.

Scenario #2.
What if we have Roloson vs. Manny numero dos (one A and one B)? Only now it is Niklas instead of Dwayne? Do we trade one in that case?

I don't think that's what it will look like in the spring, but it is fun to speculate.

aylib is offline   Reply With Quote