HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > The KHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The KHL Discuss the Continental Hockey League (Kontinentalnaya Hokkeynaya Liga).

KHL Expansion part III

Closed Thread

Old
09-28-2013, 12:02 PM
swosh
Im pink hair niггa

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TollefsenFan View Post
Hard to answer Your question. The sport of hockey dosent get much attention, but Zuccarello does. Several articles about him every week and thats good for Norwegian hockey. The NHL is more popular than the SHL. That said the SHL is popular in Norway. Many Norwegian travel from Norway to Karlstad to watch Færjestad play. Team captain Tollefsen stated that his favorite team while growing up was Færjestad.
Thanks. Enough. I just read article before WCH 2013 about growing interest about hockey at Norway, Dansk, Germany and Swiss.

At this time czech media cover legues by that: ELH, KHL, NHL some freak news about rest, but after NHL get start, it jump KHL

Old
09-28-2013, 01:59 PM
Raptor1990

France team to KHL ?

I hope that someday a team or two from France will join KHL though.
It will be pretty much more reasonable then Italy.

There are plenty of good hockey players which has French roots in Canada also.

See proof...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejsSHMUHZJE

Russian FHR and Tretjak should realize that playing 90s style hockey is not very survivalable. ( In today style of hockey all 5 players attack/defend )
Lames who play **** in defence like Kovalchoke, Malkin or even Oveckin for example should play like that in VHL not on olympics.

I hope that 90`s and over born players will dominate russian A-team soon.

Last edited by Raptor1990: 09-28-2013 at 02:09 PM.
Old
09-28-2013, 02:05 PM
TollefsenFan

I agree. The French got Bellemare from SHL, Da Costa from NHL/AHL, Fleury, Huet etc. They got a few rly good players and could do as Zagreb and sign alot of North americans.

Old
09-28-2013, 02:11 PM
vorky
@vorkywh24

unreal. Sweden, Switzeland, Germany is KHL´s plan.

Old
09-28-2013, 02:14 PM
Raptor1990

I fail to see that Sweden or Germany want to play KHL anytime soon.
Even Finland wanted not to join until they sell Hartwall and Jokerit for fat amount of money...

Old
09-28-2013, 02:39 PM
vorky
@vorkywh24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor1990 View Post
Even Finland wanted not to join until they sell Hartwall and Jokerit for fat amount of money...
Maybe you missed informations about Malmo, Servette and german club being bought by Arena Events.

One point is important - russians know what they are doing. Especially guys from Gazprom.

Old
09-28-2013, 02:43 PM
Raptor1990

Quote:
Originally Posted by vorky View Post
Maybe you missed informations about Malmo, Servette and german club being bought by Arena Events.

One point is important - russians know what they are doing. Especially guys from Gazprom.
Its about time that those Gazprom oligarchs spend money for finally something usefull.
But what about that Milano Rosenblu team from Italy ? Its reasonable ?
I think they should think more and go for France.

Old
09-28-2013, 02:52 PM
obskyr

Quote:
Its about time that those Gazprom oligarchs spend money for finally something usefull.
But what about that Milano Rosenblu team from Italy ? Its reasonable ?
I think they should think more and go for France.
It's up to them to decide what suits their business/political interests more.

In terms of hockey France is pretty useless, it has neither decent hockey infrastructure, nor hockey fans.

Old
09-28-2013, 02:57 PM
Raptor1990

Quote:
Originally Posted by obskyr View Post
In terms of hockey France is pretty useless, it has neither decent hockey infrastructure, nor hockey fans.
How come ? You tell that Swiss Hutwill has it better ?

Old
09-28-2013, 03:11 PM
Hockeyfan31*

Quote:
What? Where?

Old
09-28-2013, 03:12 PM
obskyr

Quote:
How come ? You tell that Swiss Hutwill has it better ?
No, I don't. Don't put words in people's mouths.

Still, I do think Switzerland is a more interesting choice than France, because it's a hockey country.

Old
09-28-2013, 03:28 PM
Jussi
No strings on me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyfan31 View Post
What? Where?
http://www.aftonbladet.se/sportblade...cle17549391.ab

It says KHL is interested in Malmö but the club are not. "Finns inget publikintresse" = there's no public interest in KHL.

Old
09-28-2013, 03:57 PM
Darth Yoda

Quote:
Your mistake here is that you believe individual clubs are the same as their country/their national hockey association. This is obviously not the case.

Old
09-28-2013, 04:02 PM
Sucro
Rhymesayers Fanboy

Since Geneve is a francophone city very close to France's border, I believe Servette can be a kind of half-Swiss half-French club, or at least have some French players

Old
09-28-2013, 06:23 PM
Jussi
No strings on me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Yoda View Post
Your mistake here is that you believe individual clubs are the same as their country/their national hockey association. This is obviously not the case.
Except Swedish clubs (which don't seem to share interest in joining) can't join without the permission of their federation and the boss of their federation isn't as corrupt as Finland's.

Old
09-28-2013, 06:32 PM
Darth Yoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jussi View Post
Except Swedish clubs (which don't seem to share interest in joining) can't join without the permission of their federation and the boss of their federation isn't as corrupt as Finland's.
Keep dreaming buddy, that would never hold up in swedish court, or the EU one. This aint soviet russia.

Old
09-28-2013, 07:19 PM
Jussi
No strings on me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Yoda View Post
Keep dreaming buddy, that would never hold up in swedish court, or the EU one. This aint soviet russia.
Uhmmmm..I guess you haven't read the news stories? It's been explained before, a club can't join without the permission of it's national federation. Nothing the EU court could do about it, it's in IIHF rules.

Old
09-29-2013, 01:56 AM
ult

Quote:

Yeah, I think KHL bosses have chosen a "Jokerit scenario" as their preferred way for expansion. Rotenberg and Timchenko seem to not mind to spend a few bucks, and actually plan to profit on Arena Events. Also it eliminates this type of problem that we have in Prague and Zagreb. That's why I think that Norway and France aren't very likely to happen. We have only so much spots left.

Old
09-29-2013, 02:48 AM
penepi

You are right that French team would be more reasonable than an Italian one. But, on the other hand, KHL needs teams from Germany or Sweden firstly.

Old
09-29-2013, 03:01 AM
Raptor1990

Sweden OK, but why Germany ?

Old
09-29-2013, 03:02 AM
penepi

Quote:
Sweden OK, but why Germany ?
Tell me, why not?

Old
09-29-2013, 03:08 AM
vorky
@vorkywh24

@Jussi

You dont get point of KHL expansion. IIHF will not block KHL´s expansion, with or without permision of federation. On the other hand, Russians are a nation which respects international agreements. So, Medvedev said he wants permission of federations, so he will wait for it. KHL has been doing on Sweden - problem is with money, Swedes wants more money than Finns or others.

I like this Darth Yoda´s sentence: Keep dreaming buddy

I found structure of ECC project is swedish press. If this structure is true, then ECC is counterproductive. Clubs from 2nd tier league of country can not play ECC. That means that Malmo, Djurgarden or others have only one option in future - KHL.

Old
09-29-2013, 07:12 AM
robwangjing

Someone whispered in my ear that Russian media has confirmed that KHL/Medvedev agrees on a team from Norway.

Can someone confirm this?

Old
09-29-2013, 08:07 AM
vorky
@vorkywh24

Quote:
Originally Posted by robwangjing View Post
Someone whispered in my ear that Russian media has confirmed that KHL/Medvedev agrees on a team from Norway.

Can someone confirm this?
I know only about words of Krasnenkov (the 2nd guy as "KHL respessentant" in Norway - look at the letter in previous pages). Krasnenkov said that he talked to Medvedev about visit to Norway. Medvedev told him (according to Krasnenkov): It can be interesting, I am not againt NOR club in principle. On the other hand Krasnenkov said that Sacaviskac (??) went to Norway to find out appropriate facilities and asked norwegian federation/clubs if they are intereting in KHL. No project now - only an idea to have a team in Norway.

source

We have to understand KHL´s expansion as one big picture/puzzle. We can not pick one information (norway is interesting in KHL for example) and isolate it from picture...

If you want to understand KHL´s expansion, you have to follow speeches of Medvedev, Shalaev, Kochervin... and you have to know what is "reality" in their speeches and what is a "game".

Medvedev talked about 64-team league a few yrs back. Of course, it was not "reality", it was a "game". The key point from his presentation (which is popular at HFB) is vision of russian-europe league. The league with cca 50-50% clubs from Europe or Russia. Of course, the league will have max of 32 clubs. That means that Russian will have less clubs than status quo.

Another key point is that KHL does not want to establish new clubs in Europe anymore. KHL wants current clubs of Sweden/Germany/Switzerland etc to join.

Kochevrin said in early september that KHL will not accept every team from Europe. "Desire is not enough to join KHL anymore. Every top euro club would have problems to fullfill our criteria (arena, budget etc)," he said something like that. KHL´s main new markets are Sweden, Switzerland, Germany. KHL will wait for these countries. Of course, not only wait... there are negotiations. All in all, clubs from countries like Norway have less chance to join KHL now. As I said, the amount of russian based clubs will drop, so chance for clubs from Norway etc.

We will see. Situation can change in spring 2014....

Last edited by vorky: 09-29-2013 at 08:40 AM.
Old
09-29-2013, 08:31 AM
Jussi
No strings on me

Quote:
Russians are a nation which respects international agreements.
History tells a different story.

Quote:
Clubs from 2nd tier league of country can not play ECC. That means that Malmo, Djurgarden or others have only one option in future - KHL.
Of course they can. They just have to play good enough to first get promoted into SHL and then place well enough in the league.

http://www.aftonbladet.se/sportblade...cle16865352.ab "Sportsliga kriterier" which is how it should be. Otherwise the Champion's Cup would be false advertising.

Last edited by Jussi: 09-29-2013 at 08:45 AM.
Closed Thread