HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs Cuts (28th: Dumont clears waivers)

Old
09-28-2013, 03:34 PM
AH

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post

You talking about not talking about it is a lot more obnoxious than people who just want to discuss the potential fate of a Habs player.
Dumont = the next St Pierre

No fuss was made over St Pierre

I hope Dumont makes it but he is the last thing the team needs.

AH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2013, 04:20 PM
AlexCap

Just saw Jack Skille and Luke Adam were put on waivers. Not sure if Skille has ties to Dudley but seems like a bust but thought Adam was a decent prospect with Buffalo

AlexCap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2013, 04:32 PM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
This is the Habs board...where we have a thread about Ryan White cutting his hair. Where we actually talk about all the prospects we have even if half of them won't ever make it. Season hasn't started yet. So I guess some of us likes to talk about subjects like that. Not forcing anybody who don't want to actually join in....And it's actually not like we've opened 3 threads about it either....
I, too, am frustrated by the useless threads that sometimes clutter this board, but there's nothing we can do about it.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2013, 04:45 PM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexCap View Post
Just saw Jack Skille and Luke Adam were put on waivers. Not sure if Skille has ties to Dudley but seems like a bust but thought Adam was a decent prospect with Buffalo
Adam played with Tarnasky on the Americans last year, just in case anyone was stretching to find reasons why the Habs might go after him (for Hamilton ). Would be an interesting log jam for the 4th line positions, lol, but I don't think Bergeron will touch guys like that (meaning halfway decent prospects that are maybe just a bit behind the development curve, but have the tools and aren't even close to approaching UFA age) inside the division - even if it's technically okay.

Last edited by Ohashi_Jouzu: 09-28-2013 at 04:53 PM.
Ohashi_Jouzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2013, 04:45 PM
FireBergevin
Penultimate warrior

We can all collectively exhale now that Dumont is safe for the time being. A solid player. A heady player. Not one you give up on early.

It's for the best, really. Bournival can be slotted in the 3rd line if need be, Gabby needs an open spot to bring some zip and energy. It'll happen sometime this season and I'm glad the Habs have such great depth.

FireBergevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2013, 04:47 PM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck View Post
I, too, am frustrated by the useless threads that sometimes clutter this board, but there's nothing we can do about it.
Click the 'x' button to hide threads.

Ohashi_Jouzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2013, 05:00 PM
SouthernHab

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireBergevin View Post
We can all collectively exhale now that Dumont is safe for the time being. A solid player. A heady player. Not one you give up on early.

It's for the best, really. Bournival can be slotted in the 3rd line if need be, Gabby needs an open spot to bring some zip and energy. It'll happen sometime this season and I'm glad the Habs have such great depth.
Gabby?

SouthernHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2013, 05:06 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

I'm guilty of expecting more from Dumont. Thought he might fit in with the 5th round steals by becoming a solid bottom 6er this season..

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2013, 07:11 PM
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate

Quote:
I'd have no problem, whatsoever, if Bergevin wanted to take a flier on Adam.

He's not THAT good, but he could be a decent bottom-6 guy. He sucks at faceoffs though.

One Man Rock Band is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2013, 08:24 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck View Post
I don't think discussing Dumont though for a few posts was one of them.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2013, 08:41 AM
Runner77

Quote:
Wondering if the Habs might make a play for Adam and whether they are in a position to get it done?

Runner77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2013, 08:58 AM
DogsFan*
GHG

To all you guys going and claiming players on waivers.. where exactly do they fit into our lineup? They have to play in the NHL if we claim them.. I can't see a guy getting cut that's gonna crack our lineup. Not only that, but what kind of message do you send to your guys when after TC you set your roster and 2 days later add a waiver pickup.. It's not going to happen. The only way it happens is if MTL waives Moen, which also is very unlikely.

DogsFan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2013, 09:06 AM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

If Bergevin claims someone, then that means Bournival will be sent down. I highly doubt he claims anyone and if he's wanting to, then chances are a team higher in the selection will get him.

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2013, 11:25 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
If Bergevin claims someone, then that means Bournival will be sent down. I highly doubt he claims anyone and if he's wanting to, then chances are a team higher in the selection will get him.
Unless it's a "too good to pass up" option, I don't see them claiming anybody. Forwards are already overflowing with the top 9 set plus Prust Moen Parros White and Bournival, that's 14 with everybody healthy.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2013, 11:37 AM
FireBergevin
Penultimate warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post
Gabby?

or G-Diddy if you prefer.

FireBergevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2013, 12:14 PM
yoyo999

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monctonscout View Post
Unless it's a "too good to pass up" option, I don't see them claiming anybody. Forwards are already overflowing with the top 9 set plus Prust Moen Parros White and Bournival, that's 14 with everybody healthy.
Also, if it's 'too good to pass up' another team would likely claim them before we had the chance. We drafted 26/30 last year. I remember during the whole Ryan O'Reiley fiasco, He'd have had to clear waivers if colorado didn't match the offer sheet. Many said Columbus would claimed him at #1 on the list.

yoyo999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2013, 03:43 PM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
I don't think discussing Dumont though for a few posts was one of them.
Of course that's not what I meant. The one about White's hair comes to mind, along with quite a few others.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote