HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official Eskimos and CFL 2013 season thread Part 3: Eskies 3-9, I ain't even mad now

Closed Thread

Old
09-29-2013, 12:11 AM
SDig14

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatKeith View Post
Yup. This is still a crap team and winning games doesn't get us any closer to brushing out the ******** that plagues this organization. We're not making the playoffs and beating the worst team in the CFL twice shouldn't fool anyone.
Have you not seen what's happened in Edmonton the last 7 years?

Losing doesn't fix things, it just replaces the incompetent people with more of the same ****.

Montreal is a bad football team, and since I know this team likely will suck again next year I'd rather they make the playoffs and best Montreal next week.

Old
09-29-2013, 12:12 AM
GreatKeith
Super Smashed Oilers

vCash: 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlapse Vertigo View Post
Damn, you're tough on the Eskimos. Where's this for the Oilers? A team with the same level of incompetence.
Like I've said before, at least with the Oilers there's something to look forward to.

With this team it's been spiraling for the last 7 years and getting worse and worse each year. The Oilers have bottomed out, the Eskimos have not.

We all thought Macocia was bad... He's Ken Holland compared to the crap we've got now.

Old
09-29-2013, 12:13 AM
jumptheshark
the burn out

vCash: 504
when was the last time the eskies lost 10 games in one year? what is their record for most losses in a year?

Old
09-29-2013, 12:14 AM
Beerfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWoof View Post
And that is why that POS should never play another down of football ever again. Loser.
This could have been copy and pasted from this time last year. Some of the fools swore up and down that joesph was just going to be a clip board holder and that he would be a good 'mentor'.

Kavis Reed is the worst coach this team has had since I've been following the Eskimos and that goes back to the late 60's.

Old
09-29-2013, 12:15 AM
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs

Quote:
Like I've said before, at least with the Oilers there's something to look forward to.

With this team it's been spiraling for the last 7 years and getting worse and worse each year. The Oilers have bottomed out, the Eskimos have not.

We all thought Macocia was bad... He's Ken Holland compared to the crap we've got now.
Come on. The Eskimos have bottomed out and then some. And like I keep saying there's no excuse for this in the CFL, an eight team league. With competent management and coaching you can bring your team out of a lull like this in a year, two tops.

And I've been looking forward to the Oilers' "bright" future ever since Gagner, Nilsson and Cogliano graced the cover of The Hockey News with the headline "The faces of Edmonton's bright future."

Old
09-29-2013, 12:15 AM
GreatKeith
Super Smashed Oilers

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDig14 View Post
Have you not seen what's happened in Edmonton the last 7 years?

Losing doesn't fix things, it just replaces the incompetent people with more of the same ****.

Montreal is a bad football team, and since I know this team likely will suck again next year I'd rather they make the playoffs and best Montreal next week.
You're right, it doesn't, but at least it necessitates change. Reed has been responsible for his fair share of losses this year and management their share as well.

Even before this game the chances of this Eskimos team making the playoffs was very slim. We've beaten the Ti-Cats and the Bombers so far this year... Those aren't very good teams. We're 0 fer against the CFL's finest. We managed to sneak into the playoffs last year due to the incompetence of the East division only to get our **** pushed in at the hands of the Argos.

Does anyone around here really see the benefit of making a playoff push when Reed continues to botch games?

Old
09-29-2013, 12:16 AM
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen

Quote:

Theres just one diference between the two clubs. In the NHL when your the worst team in the league and get 3 top picks in a row these are the best players in the world.

In the CFL when you get top pick you get to pick the best player without much of a chance of sticking in the NFL. Thats the total difference right there.

Old
09-29-2013, 12:17 AM
Eskie Jetski

Quote:
Originally Posted by bozwell View Post
when was the last time the eskies lost 10 games in one year? what is their record for most losses in a year?
2-14 in 1963

Old
09-29-2013, 12:18 AM
GreatKeith
Super Smashed Oilers

Quote:
Come on. The Eskimos have bottomed out and then some. And like I keep saying there's no excuse for this in the CFL, an eight team league. With competent management and coaching you can bring your team out of a lull like this in a year, two tops.

And I've been looking forward to the Oilers' "bright" future ever since Gagner, Nilsson and Cogliano graced the cover of The Hockey News with the headline "The faces of Edmonton's bright future."
Losing will hopefully change both.

And sure, the Oilers haven't made the playoffs in a longass time but apart from Reilly and Stamps there aren't many players worth watching on this team. And there's no Eberle in the future, no Hall, no RNH, no nothing.

This is a bad football team that refuses to change despite the writing being on the wall.

Old
09-29-2013, 12:19 AM
SDig14

Quote:
You're right, it doesn't, but at least it necessitates change. Reed has been responsible for his fair share of losses this year and management their share as well.

Even before this game the chances of this Eskimos team making the playoffs was very slim. We've beaten the Ti-Cats and the Bombers so far this year... Those aren't very good teams. We're 0 fer against the CFL's finest. We managed to sneak into the playoffs last year due to the incompetence of the East division only to get our **** pushed in at the hands of the Argos.

Does anyone around here really see the benefit of making a playoff push when Reed continues to botch games?
I have a sick feeling Reed is here next year even if we lose every game from here on to the end of the season.

Another issue is the talent pool for coaches in the cfl is so brutal that the next guy likely could he just as awful as reed as well.

I would rather take small victories as they come cuz this team is potentially brutal for another decade.

Old
09-29-2013, 12:19 AM
GreatKeith
Super Smashed Oilers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Replacement View Post
Theres just one diference between the two clubs. In the NHL when your the worst team in the league and get 3 top picks in a row these are the best players in the world.

In the CFL when you get top pick you get to pick the best player without much of a chance of sticking in the NFL. Thats the total difference right there.
Yup, there's no Taylor Hall waiting at the end of this season. There's just another miserable year with no hope.

Old
09-29-2013, 12:20 AM
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen

Quote:
Oh well, this was the result I wanted anyway.

Think they should still take out some Argos though considering how dirty they were playing.
If anybody else made a comment like this you'd be all over it. Hoping the home team loses? c'mon.

Old
09-29-2013, 12:21 AM
GreatKeith
Super Smashed Oilers

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDig14 View Post
I have a sick feeling Reed is here next year even if we lose every game from here on to the end of the season.

Another issue is the talent pool for coaches in the cfl is so brutal that the next guy likely could he just as awful as reed as well.

I would rather take small victories as they come cuz this team is potentially brutal for another decade.
That's what makes this even worse. They'll stick by Reed even though he has single-handedly lost us games. Richie Hall would probably have us a few more wins than we've got. Even Macocia would probably give us some hope for a crossover.

I'd rather the team stink so there can't be any mistake that this is a poorly coached team. Sure I want to see them beat Calgary and BC but they don't have any hope of matching those teams.

Old
09-29-2013, 12:22 AM
SDig14

The one bright spot to the season is if we teach Reilly to slide once in a while we likely have a franchise QB for the next 5-10 years.

Stamps, Bowman and Chambers should be here long term.

Running game, coaching, kicking, defense and special teams all need to improve drastically.

Old
09-29-2013, 12:22 AM
GreatKeith
Super Smashed Oilers

Quote:
If anybody else made a comment like this you'd be all over it. Hoping the home team loses? c'mon.
Probably.

But winning does us very few favours at this point. At best we get a crossover chance and a curbstomping at the hands of the Als.

Old
09-29-2013, 12:24 AM
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen

Quote:
Probably.

But winning does us very few favours at this point. At best we get a crossover chance and a curbstomping at the hands of the Als.
Well on behalf of all the fans, and the people that had to pay for this garbage its bad form to hope that this would be the result.

Old
09-29-2013, 12:25 AM
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs

Quote:
Yup, there's no Taylor Hall waiting at the end of this season. There's just another miserable year with no hope.
A strong QB is the toughest thing to acquire and develop in this league and we have one. Now we just need a pro-active GM and a new coach.

Old
09-29-2013, 12:26 AM
GreatKeith
Super Smashed Oilers

Quote:
Well on behalf of all the fans, and the people that had to pay for this garbage its bad form to hope that this would be the result.
Okay, let me pose you this question then...

Do you want Reed for another year?

Old
09-29-2013, 12:27 AM
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen

Quote:
Okay, let me pose you this question then...

Do you want Reed for another year?
WE got Reed anyway. Its a done deal. Long as Hervey is here Reed is here.

Old
09-29-2013, 12:27 AM
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs

Haha, it was fan appreciation night? lol wow. Oh well, I'm sure that Len Rhodes addressed the faithful and bragged about those stupid new seats again.

Old
09-29-2013, 12:28 AM
Insta
HFBoards Sponsor

What an embarrassment. I wish I could say that is the last of having to endure Joseph, but you know Reed will still have his BFF playing next week if Reilly can't go.

Old
09-29-2013, 12:28 AM
GreatKeith
Super Smashed Oilers

Quote:
A strong QB is the toughest thing to acquire and develop in this league and we have one. Now we just need a pro-active GM and a new coach.
Well they don't seem intent on firing Reed no matter how bad this team turns out to be. They really should just turf him now and bring in someone for the rest of the year so the system can be learned.

And without a good o-line Reilly might not survive much longer.

Old
09-29-2013, 12:29 AM
GreatKeith
Super Smashed Oilers

Quote:
WE got Reed anyway. Its a done deal. Long as Hervey is here Reed is here.
Great, so we can pretty much just throw out next year as well. If our organization is dumb enough not to notice that, then how can we trust them to figure out anything else we actually need?

Old
Jimmi Jenkins
So Rainy

If Ed Hervey wants to make a statement to fans he'll release Rottier and Joseph tomorrow.

Old
Del Preston

vCash: 50
Dodged a bullet, I almost went to the game.

Closed Thread