HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Prospect ranking: Kyle Brodziak

View Poll Results: Kyle Brodziak career potential?
10=Potential Superstar(Gretzky, Lemieux, Orr...) 1 1.54%
9=Regular All Star(Lidstrom, Forsberg, Sakic...) 0 0%
8=1st liner/top dman(Iginla, Weight, Hatcher) 4 6.15%
7=Top 6 forward/top unit Dman(Carter, Brewer...) 15 23.08%
6=Solid 3rd liner/second pairing Dman(Marchant, Ricci, Staios) 18 27.69%
5=3rd/4th liner/3rd pairing Dman(Moreau, Cross...) 17 26.15%
4=Minor leagues/limited NHL action/PB(Ferguson, R. Fitzpatrick) 7 10.77%
3=Career Minor Leaguer 2 3.08%
2=Career depth Minor Leaguer 0 0%
1=Hockey dropout 1 1.54%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-14-2004, 06:38 PM
  #1
Jamie
Registered User
 
Jamie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Victoria, BC
Posts: 2,576
vCash: 500
Prospect ranking: Kyle Brodziak

Kyle, a late rounder, has show excellent skill this season and many are calling him an absolute steal. Lots of hockey to be played for him to be a steal though. What do you think he'll out to be?

Jamie is offline  
Old
01-15-2004, 10:13 AM
  #2
copperandblue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 10,724
vCash: 500
He seems to be doing well this year but i can't say that I have high expectations for him.

I voted him as a career minor leaguer for no other reason than he hasn't shown much before this year and I am not sure how much stock you should put on a scoring forward that doesn't really show too much in junior until he is almost 20.

copperandblue is offline  
Old
01-15-2004, 10:48 AM
  #3
Guy Flaming
HFB Partner
 
Guy Flaming's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Press Box & on Air
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,253
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Guy Flaming Send a message via Skype™ to Guy Flaming
Quote:
Originally Posted by copperandblue
He seems to be doing well this year but i can't say that I have high expectations for him.

I voted him as a career minor leaguer for no other reason than he hasn't shown much before this year and I am not sure how much stock you should put on a scoring forward that doesn't really show too much in junior until he is almost 20.

Look again. Kyle scored 32 goals last year and had 62 points. He didn't have great years his rookie and sophomore season in Moose Jaw but this is his second impressive season.

You might be right about his destiny being a career minor leaguer but I have hope for more. I think he could continue to surprise. He should be a pro nextyear so at least we won't have to wait too long on him one way or the other.

Guy Flaming is offline  
Old
01-15-2004, 11:03 AM
  #4
copperandblue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 10,724
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyF
Look again. Kyle scored 32 goals last year and had 62 points. He didn't have great years his rookie and sophomore season in Moose Jaw but this is his second impressive season.
Too be fair I should say that I don't know a whole lot about him.

My reasoning was that I would expect a real good NHL offensive prospect to be above 1 pt / gm for more than just one season.

Last year he had 32 goals but only 62 pnts in 70 games.

Now I don't know if he was injured or any other circumstances but that was my thinking.

copperandblue is offline  
Old
01-15-2004, 11:17 AM
  #5
s7ark
Moderator
McDavid!!!!!!!!!!!
 
s7ark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 24,422
vCash: 500
Don't you guys love how Lanny Macdonald keeps coming onto everyone of these polls and ranking the prospect as a 1-4 - no matter who the prospect is?

What's the deal Lanny? Flames board too quiet for you?

s7ark is offline  
Old
01-15-2004, 11:57 AM
  #6
Freudian slips
Registered User
 
Freudian slips's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: dogville
Country: Canada
Posts: 933
vCash: 500
I recently saw him play against the Saskatoon Blades and he looked good, but not dominant....and this was against arguabley the worst junior team in the country...I think he will need some seasoning...he skates well, created some chances consistently, but truthfully I was hoping for more...

As an aside, I saw Ryan Smyth play for the Warriors when he was in junior and he truly did dominate the one game I saw...I knew he'd be good just by watching him once...same with Sakic when he was with the Broncos.

My two cents.

Freudian slips is offline  
Old
01-15-2004, 01:32 PM
  #7
dem
Registered User
 
dem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,951
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwass11
I recently saw him play against the Saskatoon Blades and he looked good, but not dominant....and this was against arguabley the worst junior team in the country...I think he will need some seasoning...he skates well, created some chances consistently, but truthfully I was hoping for more...

As an aside, I saw Ryan Smyth play for the Warriors when he was in junior and he truly did dominate the one game I saw...I knew he'd be good just by watching him once...same with Sakic when he was with the Broncos.

My two cents.
I agree with you. He didnt stand out to me when i saw him either, outside of his awkward skating :p . Though it seems Im the only one who thinks he skates awkwardly...

dem is offline  
Old
01-15-2004, 01:38 PM
  #8
The Rage
Registered User
 
The Rage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Stamford Bridge
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,792
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by s7ark
Don't you guys love how Lanny Macdonald keeps coming onto everyone of these polls and ranking the prospect as a 1-4 - no matter who the prospect is?

What's the deal Lanny? Flames board too quiet for you?
EDIT : unnecessary comment


Last edited by rabi_sultan: 01-15-2004 at 11:17 PM.
The Rage is offline  
Old
01-15-2004, 03:57 PM
  #9
Oi'll say!
Go Flames
 
Oi'll say!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Oil in 9
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,220
vCash: 500
I've always felt that junior #'s are somewhat skewed by size and the ages at which different players mature physically - they are indicative of something, but they're obviously no guarantee of anything.

My early impressions of Kyle are that he has a lot of agility for a guy who is 6'3" at 19, and he seems to have good instincts with and without the puck. If he can put on 15 lbs in the next couple years I don't think that he'll have any trouble finding work in the nhl.

I picked him to make the third line, but I would guess that he's more likely to one-up that than to drop down to 4th line. With big centers at a premium I'm sure that Kyle will get more than just his fair shot to make the nhl, he isn't in the same boat with Jani.

Oi'll say! is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:19 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.