HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Thread About Nothing Part 194: Dos a Cero x4

Closed Thread

Old
09-26-2013, 08:08 AM
MartyOwns
NYRB!!!2013********33333

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodes 81 View Post
so on monday i was supposed to have a midterm in a course that starts at 9. i showed up to the room (up 5 stories in a building with no elevator)only to find a note on the door saying class had been cancelled that day. i move on to the room (in another building, this time with less stairs) where my next and only other class that day is. it's with the same professor, however there's no note on the door, so i assume it's going to actually happen. i sit around and wait for the class, however he doesn't show up. i wait the 15 minute grace period you're supposed to give professors before they can't count you absent if you leave and then they show up, and then leave, grumbling a bit.

this morning, after spending two more days stressing over the midterm, i wake up at 8 again and make my way to the class. there's no note on the door, so i sit down next to my friend that got over his quarter-life-crisis and is now a 26 year old sophomore, and chat as we're there about 10 minutes early. the professor doesn't show up. again. 15 minute grace period over. now i'm currently sitting outside the room for my next class, where i will wait until 10:45 only to confirm that he will not, in fact, show up. this man has made me wake up at 8 am and then spend hours waiting around on him only to end up having the day off two out of the last three days. no emails from the man who normally sends us three a day, no explanation of why he's been gone, only us studying and waiting.

i'm assuming he was eaten by a bear.
ugh...that sucks. sounds really unbearable. is it possible he lost his bearings and couldnt find the class? or- bear with me now- god forbid he went into kodiak arrest. either way, you didnt have class for a few days, so just grin and bear it.

sphincter.

Old
09-26-2013, 09:23 AM
EliasFTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartyOwns View Post
ugh...that sucks. sounds really unbearable. is it possible he lost his bearings and couldnt find the class? or- bear with me now- god forbid he went into kodiak arrest. either way, you didnt have class for a few days, so just grin and bear it.

sphincter.
Is that like a kodiak bear

Old
09-26-2013, 09:26 AM
MartyOwns
NYRB!!!2013********33333

its whatever you want it to be, man

Old
09-26-2013, 12:11 PM
Wingman77
Glory Days

Golden Eagle killing a deer.....only in Russia

http://news.yahoo.com/cameras-captur...144336036.html

Old
09-26-2013, 12:32 PM
Aethon
12 Axes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingman77 View Post
Golden Eagle killing a deer.....only in Russia

http://news.yahoo.com/cameras-captur...144336036.html

I haven't seen it, but I was told they kill antelope(pronghorn) in Wyoming all the time.

I hear they climbing straight up and then dive to break their backs.

Old
09-26-2013, 12:41 PM
Richer's Ghost
McCleod is here

vCash: 369
I wanna see an eagle kill a bear now.

Old
09-26-2013, 12:47 PM
Nick0930

******* better not take my kill this season.

Old
09-26-2013, 01:10 PM
Aethon
12 Axes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richer's Ghost View Post

Old
09-26-2013, 01:12 PM
Richer's Ghost
McCleod is here

get the hell out... unreal. I doubt they actually attempt to take down a bear for a meal though.

Old
09-26-2013, 01:16 PM
Cowbell232

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartyOwns View Post
its whatever you want it to be, man
****. Where's Billy at! Someone get him in this thread. A girl at my house told him that once. CJ was there, she can verify.

And Harrison Ford. And Tony. Maybe DF38 even. I don't remember. Krinkle too, actually. Ahh, the good old days.

09-26-2013, 01:17 PM
Aethon
12 Axes

Quote:
get the hell out... unreal. I doubt they actually attempt to take down a bear for a meal though.
The bear looks like he has a bad leg. I've heard they attack injured big animals by taking their eyes out then tearing them apart slowly...Notice that eagle goes right for the eyes

Old
09-27-2013, 09:04 AM
cj225
Work in Progress...

Send a message via AIM to cj225
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowbell232 View Post
****. Where's Billy at! Someone get him in this thread. A girl at my house told him that once. CJ was there, she can verify.

And Harrison Ford. And Tony. Maybe DF38 even. I don't remember. Krinkle too, actually. Ahh, the good old days.
Hahaha...that was when we like hung out on the weekends and stuff!

Old
09-28-2013, 09:47 AM
BenedictGomez
Hynes = Skeletor

Apparently there was a meteor that streaked through Ohio last night that was absolutely massive. Probably not as big as that Russian meteor last year caught on video, but big enough that it literally turned darness into dusk.

http://www.amsmeteors.org/members/fi...status=pending

Old
09-28-2013, 05:18 PM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Quote:
I'd rather see them team up and fight crime.

Old
09-28-2013, 06:50 PM
TheUnseenHand
BringBackZharkov

So I caught a tiger trout in the Monocacy today. Not really that big a deal until you consider it was a wild fish, which makes it exceedingly rare. I was actually stunned. Beautiful little fish. Wish I would have got a picture. I was with my dad. Asked him to take one but he didn't know how to with his phone. So I asked him to hold the pole while I got my phone, but by the time I got my phone it got off.

Old
09-29-2013, 12:29 AM
Richer's Ghost
McCleod is here

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenedictGomez View Post
Apparently there was a meteor that streaked through Ohio last night that was absolutely massive. Probably not as big as that Russian meteor last year caught on video, but big enough that it literally turned darness into dusk.

http://www.amsmeteors.org/members/fi...status=pending
I saw that - it was amazing. I took the dogs out to do their final deeds of the night and was watching them facing east and all of a sudden the yard lit up like a firework went off right overhead. I looked up and saw it blooming a blue/green/yellow and leaving a long blue/orange wavy trail that stayed visible for about 30 seconds to a minute. I actually thought of the Russian meteor when it happened and estimated it was really about 1/50th or so in size given the duration and brightness, but this was way farther up in the atmosphere and I never heard any sound. It was heading noth, north-east in direction and was visible at about 45 degrees from where I was standing in eastern mid-ohio.

Could not believe the odds I would be out there when it happened. Came in and told the wife it was a big one, way up high. She read about it today on the internet and told me it was seen by a ton of people.

more on it: http://www.dispatch.com/content/stor...one_lines.html

Last edited by Richer's Ghost: 09-29-2013 at 12:40 AM.
Old
09-29-2013, 03:11 AM
Jiri Bicek
Rusty Shackleford

Send a message via AIM to Jiri Bicek
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowbell232 View Post

Hilarious.

Wasn't that the same night that Harrison kidnapped CJ's spinach dip?

Old
09-30-2013, 02:43 PM
Wingman77
Glory Days

I've never understood why when people at sporting events purchase a beer (also don't understand why people spend $8+ on a beer) they don't drink some of it before they start to walk back to their seats

You just paid for the price of a beer that you could buy 2-3 for outside the event, and you insist on walking back to your seat with it filled to the top, not only spilling out, but wasting some of what you just overpaid by $4+ for

Old
09-30-2013, 11:58 PM
BenedictGomez
Hynes = Skeletor

Quote:
I saw that - it was amazing. I took the dogs out to do their final deeds of the night and was watching them facing east and all of a sudden the yard lit up like a firework went off right overhead.
Wow, talk about lucky. Highly unlikely you'll ever see a shooting star like that again - most people will never seen one like that. And that Russian thing was completely ridiculous; I would have thought the world was ending.

Old
10-01-2013, 11:01 AM
MJMazzarone
#LGD

Seeing Chris Cornell on November 26th and also might get free Pearl Jam tickets from Pearl Jam's publicist.

Old
10-01-2013, 11:08 AM
Aethon
12 Axes

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheUnseenHand View Post
So I caught a tiger trout in the Monocacy today. Not really that big a deal until you consider it was a wild fish, which makes it exceedingly rare. I was actually stunned. Beautiful little fish. Wish I would have got a picture. I was with my dad. Asked him to take one but he didn't know how to with his phone. So I asked him to hold the pole while I got my phone, but by the time I got my phone it got off.
couldn't have been wild tigers are hybrids and can't breed.

EDIT: I just read that it it occasionally happens in the wild...I didn't know that. I thought all tigers were hatchery fish.

Old
10-01-2013, 05:24 PM
Wingman77
Glory Days

Old
10-01-2013, 05:44 PM
TheUnseenHand
BringBackZharkov

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimEIV View Post
couldn't have been wild tigers are hybrids and can't breed.

EDIT: I just read that it it occasionally happens in the wild...I didn't know that. I thought all tigers were hatchery fish.
Yes a tiger is sterile BUT it is the result of a brown and brook spawning. No, a tiger can't spawn at all but you can end up with a creek born tiger. It is exceedingly rare though. I do believe it was creek born. Id be willing to bet most anything on it.

Old
10-01-2013, 05:53 PM
Brodeur

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJMazzarone View Post
Seeing Chris Cornell on November 26th and also might get free Pearl Jam tickets from Pearl Jam's publicist.
Nice, Cornell stops in San Diego in mid-October I believe. I was mildly tempted to go, but tickets were sold out before I found out. Albeit, prices were probably a bit more than I would have wanted to pay.

Pearl Jam is stopping here in November. I'm debating between that show or driving up to LA for Kings/Devils. Or I could possibly just save the money by watching the game at home and listening to Ten/Vs during the intermission.

Random Eddie Vedder story: He lived in San Diego during his teenage years. My friend's mom is a banker. According to her, she turned him down for a loan which he intended to use to record a demo.

Old
10-01-2013, 07:31 PM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Send a message via AIM to Saugus
I saw Russell Peters at Foxwoods Friday night. Great show, although he spent more than half of his set just picking on the people in the front row.

Closed Thread