HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

I love Trozy but...

Old
11-24-2006, 10:16 AM
FlamesFan80

vCash: 500
I love Trozy but...

OK so I think you guys have a wicked team all over the ice. Your head coach Trotzy is awesome as well…

But…

He is wasting away opportunity by keeping Radulov off the ice so much. If this kid can get a few points in only a few minutes, imagine what he could do with full ice time? I’m sure I don’t have to even mention this to Preds fans but this is coming from a fan of another team – I mean I am drooling over this guys abilities!

If Trotz doesn’t wake up and start injecting this guy into the lineup more, my thoughts on him as a head coach may actually change.

ESPECIALLY considering the injuries up front. There is no better time!

FlamesFan80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2006, 10:31 AM
irisheyes555

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamesFan80 View Post
OK so I think you guys have a wicked team all over the ice. Your head coach Trotzy is awesome as well…

But…

He is wasting away opportunity by keeping Radulov off the ice so much. If this kid can get a few points in only a few minutes, imagine what he could do with full ice time? I’m sure I don’t have to even mention this to Preds fans but this is coming from a fan of another team – I mean I am drooling over this guys abilities!

If Trotz doesn’t wake up and start injecting this guy into the lineup more, my thoughts on him as a head coach may actually change.

ESPECIALLY considering the injuries up front. There is no better time!
didn't know that 7-2-1 indicated we needed more scoring, but then again i bet trotz did put rads on his fantasy team(like some people). of those 3 loses 1 was due to letting a 3 goal lead go in the 3rd, another was due to several fanning on open nets or hitting the pipes against the stars(a good team) and the other was against domick(kinda a good minder and every team has off nights against good teams at the end of a long road trip). the preds are deep at forward(as with every position). rads is still in young and we can move him up and down w/o needing to clear waivers. i have no doubt he will be our first call-up for the position, but right now we can afford to take our time and let him develop. to suggest that the #2 team in the confernce should make a change coaching change just shows how little you know about the sport or how you vastly overstated your post just to make a point. after all this isn't ESPN, it substance not style. and as long as the team wins i could care less who we banish to the minors. anything else is just style over substance.

irisheyes555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2006, 10:35 AM
jstreet
Smashville

vCash: 50
We all agree that we want to see Radulov cut lose. However, the current reality is:

Rads matched up against 3rd liners = points
Rads matched up against 1st liners = goals against.

He still needs to round out his defensive game, work on split second decision making, and work out a better skating stride.

jstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2006, 11:04 AM
FlamesFan80

Quote:
Originally Posted by irisheyes555 View Post
didn't know that 7-2-1 indicated we needed more scoring, but then again i bet trotz did put rads on his fantasy team(like some people). of those 3 loses 1 was due to letting a 3 goal lead go in the 3rd, another was due to several fanning on open nets or hitting the pipes against the stars(a good team) and the other was against domick(kinda a good minder and every team has off nights against good teams at the end of a long road trip). the preds are deep at forward(as with every position). rads is still in young and we can move him up and down w/o needing to clear waivers. i have no doubt he will be our first call-up for the position, but right now we can afford to take our time and let him develop. to suggest that the #2 team in the confernce should make a change coaching change just shows how little you know about the sport or how you vastly overstated your post just to make a point. after all this isn't ESPN, it substance not style. and as long as the team wins i could care less who we banish to the minors. anything else is just style over substance.
Ummm I'm not too sure where you got the idea that I think Trotz should be replaced. And despite what you might think, I could give a damn about Radulov and fantasy implications…

I thought I would pop on here because of what I have seen from this talented youngster, and how much ice time he is getting in producing the points he has…

And while they might play up the middle, Arnott and Vasicek are out… so why now – wouldn’t there be more room for additional offense?

Simple inquiry – no need to get your panties in a knot.

FlamesFan80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2006, 11:54 AM
irisheyes555

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamesFan80 View Post
Ummm I'm not too sure where you got the idea that I think Trotz should be replaced. And despite what you might think, I could give a damn about Radulov and fantasy implications…

I thought I would pop on here because of what I have seen from this talented youngster, and how much ice time he is getting in producing the points he has…

And while they might play up the middle, Arnott and Vasicek are out… so why now – wouldn’t there be more room for additional offense?

Simple inquiry – no need to get your panties in a knot.
"If Trotz doesn’t wake up and start injecting this guy into the lineup more, my thoughts on him as a head coach may actually change."

yea, don't know how i would have gotten that idea? he, if that wasn't the thought, no harm-no foul. right now rads is 3rd line sub maybe 2nd. he has promise but he still needs seasoning on the other aspects of his game.

irisheyes555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2006, 01:35 PM
NashisCash

There's simply no room for the guy on a scoring line. Who are you going to bump down, the only logical guy seems to be Fiddler, but Radulov isn't a centre. Hell even Hartnell plays on the 3rd line. If the PP starts to struggle and Radulov doesn't at least get a shot there, then you have to question Trotz's judgement, but I don't believe that is the case at the moment, so why mess with a good thing. A head coach's job is first and foremost to win not bring a long rookies. Look at Kaigorodov in Ottawa.

The positive thing to see last night was that Trotz doesn't have a hate on for rookies or anything, and that his earn your ice time mantra was put into effect. Even though the game was out of reach Radulov still did seem to get rewarded for his good play.

However talented he is his game still needs a lot of refining, like other people have said, and the Preds have had enough scoring. Why would Trotz sacrifice the team's success for Radulov's. I think he's being handled much better than if he was just thrown to the wolves. His confidence must be sky high right now. If every player was ruined by getting 8 minutes a night in their first NHL season then there would be a lot of ruined prospects.

NashisCash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2006, 04:45 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

I'd agree with giving him more than 8 minutes a game. If he just played as much as Harts I'd be happy but he's getting enforcer type time.

triggrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2006, 04:49 PM
Jarnberg

I agree that Radulov should get more time, especially in a game where we are up by a bunch. Being out on the ice in the NHL will help him a lot.

He's come into the past two training camps and all but earned a final spot with his play. This season, he was a last minute decision and responded by lighting it up in Milwaukee. He was told to make us notice him. We call him up, give him crap ice time, and send him back down. He responds by picking right back up where he left off in Milwaukee. Now that he's back up, he gets 2 points in 7:00s of ice time.

Radulov has earned more time. If you are going to pull him up, don't give him less time than Hordichuk and Tootoo.

Jarnberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2006, 10:59 AM
tulsytrid1

Quote:
Originally Posted by csstranger View Post
I agree that Radulov should get more time, especially in a game where we are up by a bunch. Being out on the ice in the NHL will help him a lot.

He's come into the past two training camps and all but earned a final spot with his play. This season, he was a last minute decision and responded by lighting it up in Milwaukee. He was told to make us notice him. We call him up, give him crap ice time, and send him back down. He responds by picking right back up where he left off in Milwaukee. Now that he's back up, he gets 2 points in 7:00s of ice time.

Radulov has earned more time. If you are going to pull him up, don't give him less time than Hordichuk and Tootoo.
I agree. With the game in the bag at 6-0, Rads should have picked up some more minutes. Grant it, it was nice to get Hordi's line out there more than usual, but we do need to get Rads more than 8 minutes when he is producing like he is. Now I wouldn't have him out there in a 2-1 game, but geez Thursday, Rads was all over the place.. he should have gotten more ice time. Ah well. It's not like Trotz hasn't done this before.

tulsytrid1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2006, 01:04 PM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Umm, for those of you not at the game Thursday night...or if you weren't paying attention...

Radulov missed two entire shifts due to Tootoo getting caught out on the ice and also had two shifts shortened by a penalty against us.

In the third period we were simply rolling the lines and Radulov did get power play time.

It is truly all or nothing with Radulov too. Either he is around the puck and makes things happen (Thursday) or he is invisible and skating around looking lost at times away from the puck (Wednesday). You cannot truly blame Trotz or the rest of the coaching staff for not putting him out there more without him truly demonstrating a consistent performance level at this level.

With Arnott out of the lineup for a while I'm sure that we will continue to see Radulov in the lineup on a nightly basis. However, until there is an injury to one of our top six wingers (which I am not hoping for), he will continue to play with Hartnell on the third line without a true playmaking center.

Radulov is not Ovechkin, Malkin, or Crosby...he is Alexander Radulov! He does have limitations to his game right now, especially in the skating department, and we do not need to throw him into the lineup for 20:00 a night because we do not need him to "carry our team" like they did in Washington and Pittsburgh.

Everyone needs to back off a little and stop making these threads after every game. Radulov is being eased into the lineup and not thrown to the wolves. We have very talented, veteran wingers ahead of him that will take the majority of the minutes and are playing well in their spots. Radulov was rewarded for his play Thursday night with some PP time in the third and I'm sure we will continue to see that when he is playing well.

I too have the urge to get Radulov out there as much as possible, but where do you put him? We are in a great position here to put a winning team on the ice every night and to have a top prospect like Radulov being eased into the lineup. Many teams would die to be in our position...lets be thankful for our depth instead of blaming the coaching staff for it.

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2006, 03:48 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

All that was said was he deserves more time than a goon and 4th line checker tough to argue otherwise.

triggrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2006, 05:30 PM
Pred303

one thing that's really hurting radulov's icetime is how the use of our third line has evolved right now. basically we have hartnell, who is suddenly getting major shifts on every powerplay, along with third line pk time. then we have nichol who has become our main first pk'ing forward out... so it's been exceptionally rare this unit was rested and ready to go for the first couple of shifts after any special teams play... this has been costing radulov at least 4 or 5 or more regular strength shifts per game these last couple of games. i assume that since the other lines have settled in so much recently, that trotz is having a hard time breaking up any of the other units to fit a rested radulov in (even though i think he should more, to make sure rads is getting at least 10 even strength minutes per game)... but again, i think it's more to this third line getting so much other special teams time in general

Pred303 is offline   Reply With Quote