HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Ain't it Dead Yet?

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
09-29-2013, 08:59 AM
  #51
aceface33
Registered User
 
aceface33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Herkimer, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 8,040
vCash: 500
There was really no good pizza in OP when I lived there, oh, 7 years ago. Wasnt a fan of Capellis. Might have changed since then. But I would drive into the city to get pizza.

aceface33 is offline  
Old
09-29-2013, 10:50 AM
  #52
Myllz
ARF ARF ARF ARF ARF
 
Myllz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Seattle
Country: United States
Posts: 13,993
vCash: 500
At least you guys have the option to get good pizza.

Myllz is offline  
Old
09-29-2013, 11:30 AM
  #53
captaincrunch89
Registered User
 
captaincrunch89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: North Tonawanda
Posts: 560
vCash: 500
Ok so i sliced my back open pretty bad at work Friday and had to get 28 stitches to close it up. It's pretty graphic but I have pics before and after the stitches, if the mods don't want these up that's fine but I think they're pretty cool. Gonna have a wicked scar.

Warning: a little gore
https://scontent-a-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/...62063969_n.jpg

https://scontent-a-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/...01260112_n.jpg


Last edited by vcv: 09-29-2013 at 06:40 PM. Reason: linked images instead of embed. a little too much "gore"
captaincrunch89 is offline  
Old
09-29-2013, 11:39 AM
  #54
Old Navy Goat
Registered User
 
Old Navy Goat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Sin City Philippines
Country: United States
Posts: 6,294
vCash: 500
How did you manage that?

Old Navy Goat is offline  
Old
09-29-2013, 11:42 AM
  #55
captaincrunch89
Registered User
 
captaincrunch89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: North Tonawanda
Posts: 560
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Navy Goat View Post
How did you manage that?
Slipped going into the cooler and there was a metal edge that was jutting out slightly, the whole piece of metal came off the wall.

captaincrunch89 is offline  
Old
09-29-2013, 11:49 AM
  #56
Old Navy Goat
Registered User
 
Old Navy Goat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Sin City Philippines
Country: United States
Posts: 6,294
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by captaincrunch89 View Post
Slipped going into the cooler and there was a metal edge that was jutting out slightly, the whole piece of metal came off the wall.
That would do it. Hopefully not too much internal damage because of it.

Old Navy Goat is offline  
Old
09-29-2013, 11:51 AM
  #57
captaincrunch89
Registered User
 
captaincrunch89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: North Tonawanda
Posts: 560
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Navy Goat View Post
That would do it. Hopefully not too much internal damage because of it.
None actually, just the stitches. I get these out in 10 days. I got really lucky when it came to that.

captaincrunch89 is offline  
Old
09-29-2013, 11:53 AM
  #58
TCRF
RICK. GNASH
 
TCRF's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Lancaster, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 19,182
vCash: 476
Glad you're okay! That'll be quite a scar...

TCRF is offline  
Old
09-29-2013, 11:56 AM
  #59
captaincrunch89
Registered User
 
captaincrunch89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: North Tonawanda
Posts: 560
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guess What View Post
Glad you're okay! That'll be quite a scar...
Thanks and yeah gonna be quite a cool one. I'll post a pic of it once i get the stitches out.

captaincrunch89 is offline  
Old
09-29-2013, 12:09 PM
  #60
TCRF
RICK. GNASH
 
TCRF's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Lancaster, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 19,182
vCash: 476
That must've hurt like hell. When I was 8 or 9...ish... I have to get stitched up under my chin/jaw. Take it easy with those in

TCRF is offline  
Old
09-29-2013, 12:20 PM
  #61
captaincrunch89
Registered User
 
captaincrunch89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: North Tonawanda
Posts: 560
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guess What View Post
That must've hurt like hell. When I was 8 or 9...ish... I have to get stitched up under my chin/jaw. Take it easy with those in
It was rough on me in the ambulance but once they got me into the room they got painkillers in me and I was ok. And yeah I'm not planning on doing much for the next week and a half.

captaincrunch89 is offline  
Old
09-29-2013, 12:21 PM
  #62
BackGroundMusic
rebuildingeverywhere
 
BackGroundMusic's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Country: Germany
Posts: 24,858
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by aceface33 View Post
There was really no good pizza in OP when I lived there, oh, 7 years ago. Wasnt a fan of Capellis. Might have changed since then. But I would drive into the city to get pizza.
Ninos, Pasquales, Roz's....

BackGroundMusic is offline  
Old
09-29-2013, 12:27 PM
  #63
TCRF
RICK. GNASH
 
TCRF's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Lancaster, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 19,182
vCash: 476
Quote:
Originally Posted by captaincrunch89 View Post
It was rough on me in the ambulance but once they got me into the room they got painkillers in me and I was ok. And yeah I'm not planning on doing much for the next week and a half.
Good idea.

I detest my manager, on another note, for scheduling me to come in on Sunday nights.

TCRF is offline  
Old
09-29-2013, 12:29 PM
  #64
ZZamboni
Puttin' on the Foil
 
ZZamboni's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Buffalo, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 11,047
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by captaincrunch89 View Post
Thanks and yeah gonna be quite a cool one. I'll post a pic of it once i get the stitches out.
Wow, that metal opened you up like a 5 pound trout.

I hope your a side sleeper.

One heavy coughing fit will really test those stitches.

Keep it dry, keep it clean.


Lastly .... Ouuuuuuuch!

ZZamboni is offline  
Old
09-29-2013, 01:13 PM
  #65
Afino
The Juice
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Orchard Park, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 21,777
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BackGroundMusic View Post
Ninos
You had to be THAT guy

Afino is offline  
Old
09-29-2013, 01:14 PM
  #66
captaincrunch89
Registered User
 
captaincrunch89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: North Tonawanda
Posts: 560
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZamboni View Post
Wow, that metal opened you up like a 5 pound trout.

I hope your a side sleeper.

One heavy coughing fit will really test those stitches.

Keep it dry, keep it clean.


Lastly .... Ouuuuuuuch!
Oh yeah I got a bunch of stuff from the ER to keep it clean and of course a nice round of antibiotics to prevent infection. Those stitches are like the thickest they could use, the doc said they have 100 lb resistance so they're basically like wire. Thankfully the pain wasn't super crazy, adrenaline probably helped there, I was actually joking around and talking to the paramedics and doctors so I guess I handled it pretty well.

captaincrunch89 is offline  
Old
09-29-2013, 02:52 PM
  #67
BackGroundMusic
rebuildingeverywhere
 
BackGroundMusic's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Country: Germany
Posts: 24,858
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Afino View Post
You had to be THAT guy
Meaning now you want Ninos or that you are not a fan of Ninos?

BackGroundMusic is offline  
Old
09-29-2013, 06:24 PM
  #68
vcv
Moderator
Deal with it
 
vcv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Williamsville, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 13,753
vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to vcv
A little hockey, a little football, not sure where to put this but...

I sat next to Tyler ****ing Ennis during the whole bills game. Got some high fives in after TDs and INTs. Henrik Tallinder was also there but not with Tyler. He was with his family who was right in front of us.

Not washing my right (high-fiving) hand, at least until after my ice hockey game tonight.

vcv is offline  
Old
09-29-2013, 06:32 PM
  #69
Mike McDermott
blah blah blah
 
Mike McDermott's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Kenmore
Country: United States
Posts: 13,145
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by captaincrunch89 View Post
Thanks and yeah gonna be quite a cool one. I'll post a pic of it once i get the stitches out.
Do me a favor and post a link to it? As someone who has a photographic memory... One less injury/scar picture floating in head would be awesome. Certainly wasn't expecting to see that when I came in the ot today.


That being said... Glad your ok and hope you heal quickly.

Mike McDermott is offline  
Old
09-29-2013, 08:55 PM
  #70
captaincrunch89
Registered User
 
captaincrunch89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: North Tonawanda
Posts: 560
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike McDermott View Post
Do me a favor and post a link to it? As someone who has a photographic memory... One less injury/scar picture floating in head would be awesome. Certainly wasn't expecting to see that when I came in the ot today.


That being said... Glad your ok and hope you heal quickly.
Sorry about that, and yeah will do.

captaincrunch89 is offline  
Old
09-29-2013, 09:17 PM
  #71
ZZamboni
Puttin' on the Foil
 
ZZamboni's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Buffalo, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 11,047
vCash: 500
Breaking bad

ZZamboni is offline  
Old
09-29-2013, 09:18 PM
  #72
TehDoak
Goin Streakin
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: United States
Posts: 19,305
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to TehDoak
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZamboni View Post
Breaking bad
My baby blue

TehDoak is offline  
Old
09-29-2013, 09:36 PM
  #73
kenfury
Registered User
 
kenfury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 1,229
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myllz View Post
At least you guys have the option to get good pizza.
Pagliacci's doesn't count as good pizza? Also, do you know what I would give for good Indian or Pho in Buffalo?

kenfury is offline  
Old
09-29-2013, 09:49 PM
  #74
New Sabres Captain
ForFriendshipDikembe
 
New Sabres Captain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 40,024
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenfury View Post
Pagliacci's doesn't count as good pizza? Also, do you know what I would give for good Indian or Pho in Buffalo?
Tell me about it. I'm Indian, and if I want to eat Indian food outside of home, I have to go to Toronto to find something palatable. (Doesn't help that I'm South Indian, and all the mediocre-to-bad restaurants here are all North Indian...and South is infinitely better)

New Sabres Captain is offline  
Old
09-29-2013, 10:20 PM
  #75
TCRF
RICK. GNASH
 
TCRF's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Lancaster, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 19,182
vCash: 476
Quote:
Originally Posted by vcv View Post
A little hockey, a little football, not sure where to put this but...

I sat next to Tyler ****ing Ennis during the whole bills game. Got some high fives in after TDs and INTs. Henrik Tallinder was also there but not with Tyler. He was with his family who was right in front of us.

Not washing my right (high-fiving) hand, at least until after my ice hockey game tonight.
Should've told him how to do it this season.

BTW, clear your inbox.

TCRF is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:33 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.