HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

CCM RBZ Skates - Long Term Review

Old
08-27-2013, 06:23 AM
TickleMeYandle
Not so fast,

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by redbranch View Post
I got fitted for these on friday night. I dropped a full size from my U+08's (8 to 7). They felt incredibly comfortable, and my right foots a little smaller, so I have issues with heel lock there, but had no problem with the RBZ.

Very much looking to playing with these, but I have a feeling I'll need a few public skates to get used to the stiffness and the turning
Hmmm...a whole size? That would actually put me down into a junior size. I may just have to look into these.

TickleMeYandle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2013, 08:51 AM
AIREAYE

There's a big volume dip once you jump from 6.0 to 5.5, so be careful.

AIREAYE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2013, 02:28 PM
redbranch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clownquestion View Post
Hmmm...a whole size? That would actually put me down into a junior size. I may just have to look into these.
yep. I was skeptical, and to be honest, they felt awful until baked. Then, pure comfort

redbranch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2013, 02:10 PM
rinkrat22

any idea what Ft the rocker is?

rinkrat22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2013, 07:29 PM
goodriddance628

AIREAYE thanks for the great right up on these skates, I went skate shopping today and I ended up going with the the 90's and the fit is pretty awesome I was amazed of how much they conformed to my foot being a mid level skate and just being baked one time I did add the CCM high arch foot beds and that just really made the decision to pull the trigger easier can't wait to get some ice time with them and see if I can actually skate in them.

goodriddance628 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2013, 09:14 PM
AIREAYE

Excellent, did you get to use the Footdisc to figure out your arch/size?

Old
09-23-2013, 07:20 AM
goodriddance628

Yeah the foot disc was cool and should be a must have in every hockey store

Old
09-29-2013, 01:45 PM
Pajicz

Send a message via Yahoo to Pajicz
Have any former Bauer users tried these skates (possiby for a longer period)? I'd like to know how much difference there is, because previously CCM skates haven't been so good in my opinion... But, now I've heard that the RBZ's are quite similar to the Vapor skates.

All feedback would be appreciated. Also, would the RBZ 100 skates be a better choice for someone who doesn't have unlimited funds?

Pajicz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2013, 04:01 PM
AIREAYE

they'll give any Bauer top end skate a run for its money any day. ice heard the vapor comparison too but I think it's closer to supreme. you really need to try them on though. don't guess.

Old
09-29-2013, 06:27 PM
Pajicz

Quote:
Originally Posted by AIREAYE View Post
they'll give any Bauer top end skate a run for its money any day. ice heard the vapor comparison too but I think it's closer to supreme. you really need to try them on though. don't guess.
Oh, you bet I won't be guessing with that kind of money being in question. I'm actually often getting closer to the other end, having as measured and considering apporach as old East German doping scientists.

When I tried the skate, it certainly felt good. But as you know, just trying it and standing still isn't fully comparable to really skating with it, especially for a longer time...

Old
09-29-2013, 09:14 PM
AIREAYE

Unless you find a store with a synth ice surface for that purpose, all you can do is go by what feels best in store and adjust as you go...

Old
10-01-2013, 06:48 AM
TickleMeYandle
Not so fast,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pajicz View Post
All feedback would be appreciated. Also, would the RBZ 100 skates be a better choice for someone who doesn't have unlimited funds?
I got the 100's, they are very nice. Definitely a different fit than my Reeboks, but super comfortable when skating. They are solid, I've taken some shots right off the toe and haven't felt a thing.

TickleMeYandle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2013, 04:30 PM
Pajicz

Decided to listen to my head instead of my heart, and just bought a pair of Reebok 11K's... Saved a lot of money, and probably didn't lose that much in performance after all.

Next time I need new skates, I'll certainly look at the RBZ's. The price should be considerably lower then...

Old
10-05-2013, 05:43 PM
goodriddance628

so I finally got to skate with the RBZ's today and all I can say is WOW very comfortable no hot spots at all, didn't take long to get used to them even though I haven't been on the ice in a couple months I'm a noob so I can't get into as much detail as AIREAYE but if anyone is on the shelf of buying these they totally get my vote I can wait to get back on the ice now but with my Grafs I was usually in pain for a couple days after skating

Old
10-06-2013, 10:39 AM
PensFreak

Hey guys, I have the RBZ skates and also work in a hockey store that is always pretty busy. While I do love these skates, one problem that I have had is that the eyelets aren't really durable. After I had them for less than a month, the top two eyelets began to crack and break. It was only really in the middle, but with the way they were breaking, it was causing the laces to catch and snag and tear a bit every time I tightened my skates.

I fixed it by yanking out the old eyelets and just putting new ones in. However, this isn't an uncommon problem. I sharpen a ton of skates and make it a point to check every RBZ skate that I sharpen to see if there is any wear or breakage in those eyelets, and there is almost always some sort of damage to them. Their eyelets are simply not durable, and it isn't an isolated problem.

Short version: RBZ skates have garbage eyelets, replace them to avoid shredding your laces.

PensFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2013, 12:13 PM
The Tikkanen
Pest

Send a message via AIM to The Tikkanen
Bought the RBZ's yesterday, wore an 8.5 RBK 11k, ended up in a size 7 RBZ, so the sizing is a little strange. They felt great after they got baked, the boot really folds over your foot when it comes out of the oven.

The Tikkanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2013, 03:42 PM
AIREAYE

I have seen no such eyelet problems.

Old
10-06-2013, 10:49 PM
Jason12Boston
Rookie User

Question on the RBZ skates

Hey everyone, I am new to the board, and I see a lot of people talking about these skates. This leads me to a few questions. Let me start my giving some info....

I am originally from Boston, I moved to Tampa and started playing hockey again about 2 years ago and after a 15 year layoff. I have had nothing but skate issues since I have started again. I was and still am a very good skater but having difficulty with proper fitting. The shops here are basically useless for help.

I tried Bauer Vapors X7.0 but I found them too narrow in forefoot, too deep, and too wide in the ankle.

I have tried Bauer Supremes One.9 and found the width good, but not deep enough and uncomfortable with lace bite., and a size 4.5 a little tight on the length but a 5.0 way too long.

Here are some details on my feet. I have what I was told a width that is between an E and EE, I have small feet so in order for me to accomplish the brush or touch of the toe cap I am in junior sizing. Compound this with a high arch and high instep I am struggling to find skates that will fit well, comfortably with the proper length and allow use of arch support footbeds like superfeet, Graf, or the new ccm.

Obviously finding issues with the Bauers and I was wondering if the CCM RBZ skates might better fit me in terms of the width, depth, and support. I wonder if I doomed to have to by custom skates which I just cannot in any way shape or form afford.

I am almost at my wits end, and could use some friendly advice or help. Makes me miss the old skates it seemed less complicated. Lol. Thanks

Jason12Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2013, 07:42 AM
AIREAYE

Why don't you try them on?

Old
10-07-2013, 04:25 PM
goodriddance628

I have a wide foot with a really high arch every other skate was a wide boot, I just bought a pair of Grafs in March and they fit better then any other skate I tried on in the store but once I started skating on them they really tore my ankles up due to the boot being cut weird in my opinion plus even with the wide boot I still had to have them punched out it got so bad I gave up on them, thats when I read this thread and headed to the LHS the next day I went with the RBZ 90's cause the wife wasn't real happy that I was buying a new pair of skates already plus I did some research and found that even with the 90's the boot reacts well to being baked to get more of a custom fit and to be honest I was amazed as to how much it molded around my foot now I wear a size 10.5 or 11 shoe and the RBZ's are size 8 D I didn't even have to go with the EE, I would find LHS that carries the RBZ's and try them on for sure it was so nice to be able to skate and actually skate and not have to worry how bad my feet where hurting and that was the first time skating in them I have a feeling it's just going to get better and I did go with the CCM high arch foot beds they actually felt WAY better then the superfeet foot beds and gave me the much needed support I needed with my high arches.

Old
10-17-2013, 10:01 PM
Turnt

Compared to U+CL's?

Do you feel as thought the RBZ's are wider in the mid/forefoot area than last years U+CL's (if you had/tried last years skate of course, and/or had a good idea otherwise)

Turnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2013, 08:07 AM
AIREAYE

Doesn't matter if you bake them. They'll form to nearly any foot width.

Old
10-18-2013, 08:42 PM
goodriddance628

I agree they will form to your foot once baked I usually wear a wide but got a D with the RBZ's and they fit great, the RBZ's are wider then the crazy lights are.

Old
10-20-2013, 11:32 AM
The Tikkanen
Pest

Send a message via AIM to The Tikkanen
I got fitted for the medium arch support. When I went to bake the RBZ's after choosing the right size the sales guy said I was not supposed to bake them with the Medium arch support in them but with the stock insole. Is this correct? I'm having some hot spots as I am not used to skates this stiff coming from 11K's.

The Tikkanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2013, 12:20 PM
AIREAYE

You can and should bake them with the desired insole in them, but to be safe, you might not want to put the insoles in the oven with the skates.

Reasoning is simple; your foot adopts a different shape with the support than without.