HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

Hall recalled from AHL (Oct. 1) [Gervais, Hall clear waivers; loaned to ADR, Sep. 30]

Old
09-29-2013, 11:22 AM
Sawdalite
AbleWasIEreISawLupul

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CS View Post
That was one of my thoughts as well.

I know that Wellwood being hurt would've impacted our roster had he not been signed temporarily to a separate deal, at the end of which he gets a real SPC again.

That said, I've seen nothing about Bourdon, and capgeek certainly doesn't imply that he's still on the roster.

Perhaps he's been LTIR'd or perhaps the Flyers found some kind of loophole.

I'm suspecting it's the LTIR because, if you remember correctly, the reason that we didn't want to LTIR Pronger in the preseason was because his large cap number on LTIR would have effected our ability to approach the trade deadline. Comparatively, Bourdon's number is pretty inconsequential.
I believe that LTIR cannot be assigned until the Season Officially begins... Just about 100% certain in fact.

Sawdalite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2013, 11:22 AM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

According to twitter Gervias going to play in AHL. Hall MIGHT stay up.

Maybe it's just me, but why wouldnt the team **** a defensive pking, high faceoff winner center in Hall?

One of my issues with Lavy is putting players where they succeed. Like how when Hall joinged last season with a high percentage of winning faceoffs, and instead of putting Hall at center they left Talbot who is TERRIBLE at winning faceoffs. How is that smart?

sa cyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2013, 11:26 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 5700
Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
According to twitter Gervias going to play in AHL. Hall MIGHT stay up.

Maybe it's just me, but why wouldnt the team **** a defensive pking, high faceoff winner center in Hall?

One of my issues with Lavy is putting players where they succeed. Like how when Hall joinged last season with a high percentage of winning faceoffs, and instead of putting Hall at center they left Talbot who is TERRIBLE at winning faceoffs. How is that smart?
Hall was being put out in the last minutes of games and defending leads. If there's no room for a guy like that on your team, you need to make room. It was probably Holmgren 'making options' or 'gauging interest' or whatever

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2013, 11:28 AM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawdalite View Post
I believe that LTIR cannot be assigned until the Season Officially begins... Just about 100% certain in fact.
I was pretty sure of that as well, but then someone on this board was talking about Pronger's situation in regards to the compliance date; something about how we can LTIR him on compliance day or we can LTIR him later, both situations with different effects on our cap structure through the year. I forget who was talking about that, but it really didn't make much sense to me until it was explained. Even now, I'm hazy on the details and not sure what to make of it.

What I do know is that if Bourdon is not a factor, we should be cap compliant.

Really though, I'm not sure what happened with Bourdon.

CS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2013, 11:30 AM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKJ View Post
Hall was being put out in the last minutes of games and defending leads. If there's no room for a guy like that on your team, you need to make room. It was probably Holmgren 'making options' or 'gauging interest' or whatever
Or he was temporarily clearing space.

Hall has been waived so often now, and this is the time of year to get guys through the waiver wire.

Sending him down for a game theoretically makes us cap compliant.

I wouldn't be shocked at all to see Hall as Laughton's winger.

Old
09-29-2013, 11:32 AM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

I also want to point out that in order for our little plan to have excess space by the trade deadline and not use it all on LTIR'd Pronger, another big salary player would have to be moved. This points 100% to Meszaros.

Leaving Pronger off LTIR just to sit to the top of the cap doesn't really make sense. It's virtually the same thing as LTIR'ing him because LTIR essentially maxes out your cap regardless of the extra space available to use for other players.

Old
09-29-2013, 11:36 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

Quote:
Originally Posted by CS View Post
Or he was temporarily clearing space.

Hall has been waived so often now, and this is the time of year to get guys through the waiver wire.

Sending him down for a game theoretically makes us cap compliant.

I wouldn't be shocked at all to see Hall as Laughton's winger.
With Hall taking the faceoffs, hopefully.

Old
09-29-2013, 11:41 AM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKJ View Post
With Hall taking the faceoffs, hopefully.
Well...

I guess positionally Laughton could be a center with Hall taking faceoffs, but I still would've rather seen Laughton playing on Couturier's back wing.

Old
09-29-2013, 01:12 PM
RJ8812
Gunner Stahl #9

vCash: 769
surprised Hall cleared, but I'm glad he did.

Gervais....don't really care

Thank God Rosehill is still on the roster though!!!!!

RJ8812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2013, 01:38 PM
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren

vCash: 50
not sure how those 2 legends cleared waivers

GoneFullHextall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2013, 01:53 PM
Sawdalite
AbleWasIEreISawLupul

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneFullHolmgren View Post
not sure how those 2 legends cleared waivers
Homer called in some major favors.

Sawdalite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2013, 02:44 PM
potsiev2

love how flyers fans grow some weird fondness for mediocre players like hall and turn around and want to run out the above average players due to unrealistic expectations

potsiev2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2013, 02:44 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by potsiev2 View Post
love how flyers fans grow some weird fondness for mediocre players like hall and turn around and want to run out the above average players due to unrealistic expectations
Im guessing you are talking about Mez?

Old
09-29-2013, 03:17 PM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
Im guessing you are talking about Mez?
I think he's going a bit further into the past...

Jack de la Hoya is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2013, 03:20 PM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

Quote:
Players you could be talking about in the post-lockout era...

Bryzgalov: Absolute garbage. He and Leighton were in a battle for worst goaltender of the post-Hextall era in Philadelphia. And before you claim that I'm exaggerating in any way, remember that Leighton has a job. Bryzgalov? Not so much.

Gagne: "Betrayed" by the organization? Probably a little. I didn't like the way it all went down, but pretending that Gagne could help this organization is a little lofty. He was basically battling Read for a third line two-way sniper. We know that Read is a better player at this point in their respective careers. We also know that Gagne is not the right guy for Couturier's other wing. I've said all along that we needed someone physical, and the Flyers' brass seem to agree with me. Gagne wasn't going to be in our top 6, he wasn't going to beat out Read, he wasn't the right person for our 9th guy, and he's certainly not going to fit on the 4th line. That's that. Time to wash your hands. We'll see Gagne again in this organization someday if bridges weren't burnt too badly.

Carle: Hardly "above-average." Dude was a turnover machine and was asking for a big payday. He looked good next to Pronger, but he couldn't be covered for completely by Coburn or Grossmann. We swung for the fences on Weber, and it back-fired. Carle was hardly that significant a loss considering his cap hit, and Streit is pretty substantially the more impressive all-around defenseman. We got Schenn to replace Pronger and Streit to replace Carle. We downgraded from Chris and improved on Matt.

Meszaros: He had one job: beat out Gustafsson. While both did their best to hand the other that 3rd pairing role this preseason, you have to admit that Gus has been the better player in recent years regardless of Meszaros' injury excuses. Defensively, Gus' numbers were even better than Meszaros' before he got injured even if he does not match Andrej's production. Injuries have destroyed Meszaros' once promising career, and at 4.00m, he better at least be able to win a 3rd pairing job outright. He can't do that right now. There's no reason to consider him an "above average" player.

Coburn: People are stupid. This is the only one I'll legitimately give you.

Old
09-29-2013, 03:36 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack de la Hoya View Post
I think he's going a bit further into the past...
Randy Jones?

Old
09-29-2013, 03:43 PM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

Quote:
Randy Jones?

Well played. I forgot about Randy Jones.

He played 18 games for the Oklahoma City Barons in the AHL last year. God knows what he's up to now.

Old
09-29-2013, 04:13 PM
potsiev2

lets just sum it up by saying adam hall stinks and fans for some reason like him

Old
09-29-2013, 04:21 PM
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:
lets just sum it up by saying adam hall stinks and fans for some reason like him
I wouldn't say he stinks but I agree some people are overrating him going by the comments in this thread.

LegionOfDoom91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2013, 04:37 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

Quote:
He better than two guys who weren't waived and one who might be signed off a PTO. He's one of the 20 best skaters with a contract. He shouldn't be getting waived.

Old
09-29-2013, 04:53 PM
Garbage Goal

Quote:
So is Adam Hall mediocre or does he stink? Because you've said both thus far.

Basically though, what GKJ said. He's better then a guy like Rosehill by a pretty wide margin.

Garbage Goal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2013, 05:08 PM
potsiev2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garbage Goal View Post
So is Adam Hall mediocre or does he stink? Because you've said both thus far.

Basically though, what GKJ said. He's better then a guy like Rosehill by a pretty wide margin.
really, you're going to nit pick on mediocre and suck??? the bottom line is that he's not that good and saying he suck's ( to me ) is just another way of saying that the guy is waiver wire/depth/ahl/fill in/serviceable to a 4th line... exactly what adam hall has been his entire career... my definition of suck isn't something sexual or doesn't mean the guy is absolute garbage... sucking is just my way of saying the guy doesn't really matter... garbage is left for the shelly's of this world... i see you're one of the many that overrate him and i'm sorry i offended you

Old
09-29-2013, 05:14 PM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
really, you're going to nit pick on mediocre and suck??? the bottom line is that he's not that good and saying he suck's ( to me ) is just another way of saying that the guy is waiver wire/depth/ahl/fill in/serviceable to a 4th line... exactly what adam hall has been his entire career... my definition of suck isn't something sexual or doesn't mean the guy is absolute garbage... sucking is just my way of saying the guy doesn't really matter... garbage is left for the shelly's of this world... i see you're one of the many that overrate him and i'm sorry i offended you
I think the confusion comes from conflating all of those things.

No one is arguing that Hall is anything more than an NHL role player--at least I don't think they are. The point, I think, is that the role he's supposed to fill is now, well, unfilled.

Jack de la Hoya is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2013, 05:28 PM
Garbage Goal

Quote:
That's all fine and all, but like the other guy said most of those are not anywhere near the same thing.

Garbage Goal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2013, 05:40 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

Adam Hall makes $600K, is good on faceoffs, reliable defensively, and kills penalties. That's not always an 82-game player, but he can have a spot on my team 8 days a week. The Flyers are capped out every year, and always seem to undervalue when they have a guy on their roster who is cheap and effective.