HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Hamilton Bulldogs & Wheeling Nailers 2013-2014 "No more Stortini" Edition

Closed Thread

Old
09-29-2013, 06:29 PM
dcyhabs

vCash: 500
Maybe there is no chance they cut Leblanc so they are looking at other guys?

Old
09-29-2013, 07:10 PM
dackelljuneaubulis02

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcyhabs View Post
Maybe there is no chance they cut Leblanc so they are looking at other guys?
that's what i was hoping

Old
09-29-2013, 09:02 PM
HCH

I think (hope) that too much is being read into the Leblanc situation. The Dogs need to evaluate some of the prospects further before deciding on which ones to keep. My guess is that Leblanc is already penciled in as part of the mix.

Old
09-29-2013, 10:42 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Leblanc is already on the team.

Old
09-30-2013, 09:43 AM
S Bah

People shouldn't be pushing too hard for Beaulieu to make the jump to the NHL this season or next IMO. Giving Nathan the 1st pairing icetime he will receive in Hamilton for another two years, is the best thing the Habs can do for his career and for the team. He still needs to pack muscle onto his frame to compete with #1 lines in the NHL and players like Bobby Ryan & Milan Lucic, etc. will eat him up unless he's @ 210 lbs. or more.

I can see Beaulieu playing good defence given the coaching he's getting in Hamilton. In two years when his defensive play catches up to his offence, Nathan could have a career similar to Guy Lapointe. Lapointe was all offence when he first started with the Habs and became one of the Big Three alongside Serge Savard and Larry Robinson. When I say a similar career, I mean style wise both players being good skaters and offensively gifted.

The extra time in the AHL learning and gaining confidence in his defensive game, will be time well served. When he joins the Habs, there will already be veterans like PK Subban, Alex Emelin, Josh Gorges, Raphael Diaz and rock hard Jarred Tinordi with two seasons behind him.

Adding Beaulieu at the start of 2015/2016 season would be the wisest path for Nathan and the Habs, it would allow him 4 yrs. to mature properly. The experience gathered in those years with Lefebrve's coaching, leading the Bulldogs defence, would deliver a confident Beaulieu and a physically mature player too.

The Habs are going to have a great defence as long as they prepare their elite picks and don't rush them into the NHL, too many players and especially defencemen's careers are ruined by bringing them into the league prematurely.

Old
09-30-2013, 12:09 PM
Sam I Am

Question: Has there every before been a hockey team with more right shots?

Fashioning a lineup out of the 2013 roster is a real head-scratcher--made more difficult because left shooting forwards Thomas and Andrighetto both play RW.

Defense is no different: 4 of 6 starting d-men shoot right. Hamilton is forced to play one RHS on the left side...rarely done due to the paucity of RHS dmen on most rosters.

Another interesting challenge is trying inject some toughness throughout the line-up and not merely throw all the beef onto a fourth line that gets 8 minutes a game. Skill forwards St-Pierre, Thomas, Andrighetto, Nystrom are all small and need protection.

Instead of a traditional lineup I've gone with 4 balanced lines, listed in no particular order. What do you think?

==========================

Tarnasky (L) - St-Pierre (L) - Thomas (L)
Blunden (R) - Dumont (R) - Leblanc (R)
Nystrom (L) - Nattinen (R) - Aliu (R)
Andrighetto (L) - Holland (L) - Fournier (R)

(Quailer, Duffy, McAuley)

Beaulieu (L) - Pateryn (R)
Dietz (R) - Nygren (R)
McIver (L) - Ellis (R)

(Schiestel, Chouinard)

Tokarski
Mayer

Last edited by Sam I Am: 09-30-2013 at 12:38 PM.
Old
09-30-2013, 07:39 PM
dackelljuneaubulis02

Quote:
Originally Posted by S Bah View Post
People shouldn't be pushing too hard for Beaulieu to make the jump to the NHL this season or next IMO. Giving Nathan the 1st pairing icetime he will receive in Hamilton for another two years, is the best thing the Habs can do for his career and for the team. He still needs to pack muscle onto his frame to compete with #1 lines in the NHL and players like Bobby Ryan & Milan Lucic, etc. will eat him up unless he's @ 210 lbs. or more.

I can see Beaulieu playing good defence given the coaching he's getting in Hamilton. In two years when his defensive play catches up to his offence, Nathan could have a career similar to Guy Lapointe. Lapointe was all offence when he first started with the Habs and became one of the Big Three alongside Serge Savard and Larry Robinson. When I say a similar career, I mean style wise both players being good skaters and offensively gifted.

The extra time in the AHL learning and gaining confidence in his defensive game, will be time well served. When he joins the Habs, there will already be veterans like PK Subban, Alex Emelin, Josh Gorges, Raphael Diaz and rock hard Jarred Tinordi with two seasons behind him.

Adding Beaulieu at the start of 2015/2016 season would be the wisest path for Nathan and the Habs, it would allow him 4 yrs. to mature properly. The experience gathered in those years with Lefebrve's coaching, leading the Bulldogs defence, would deliver a confident Beaulieu and a physically mature player too.

The Habs are going to have a great defence as long as they prepare their elite picks and don't rush them into the NHL, too many players and especially defencemen's careers are ruined by bringing them into the league prematurely.
I think NB will be ready next year but I'm definitely not disagreeing with your overall idea of not rushing NB. I'd be fine if he stayed another season but I'm pretty sure he'll be dominant this year and will be ready for the big show in 14-15.

Old
09-30-2013, 09:42 PM
yoyo999

http://hamiltonbulldogs.com/pressbox...article_id=453

Bulldogs Release:
Andre Morrissette,
Trevor Bruess,
David Laliberte
Chad Wiseman
Pierre Durepos
Matt Lashoff.
Paul Cianfrini,
Jonathan Narbonne
Jeremy Price
Kelsey Wilson.

Defenceman Matt Grassi and goaltender Mike Condon were assigned to the ECHL’s Wheeling Nailers. Defenceman Dalton Thrower was assigned to the Western Hockey League’s Vancouver Giants.

- See more at: http://hamiltonbulldogs.com/pressbox....F7f0vLXD.dpuf

Assign Peter Delmas to Orlando (ECHL)

Old
10-03-2013, 08:23 PM
25get

Roster for the Dogs published on their site:
http://hamiltonbulldogs.com/team/roster/

Old
10-03-2013, 08:38 PM
Chris Cutter
Devil's Advocate

1-0 after two for the Bulldogs, Andrighetto scored.

Old
10-03-2013, 08:52 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

So Akim Aliu made the team?

Patrick Holland - Martin St. Pierre - Chistian Thomas
Sven Andrighetto - Gabriel Dumont - Mike Blunden
Erik Nystrom - Joonas Nattinen - Louis Leblanc
Akim Aliu - Nick Tarnasky - Stefan Fournier

Old
10-03-2013, 11:54 PM
Et le But

Akim Aliu is a player I've been rooting for, I'm glad I'll be able to follow him on the Bulldogs. Interesting background, anyone who defies hazing and Steve Downie is alright with me.

Old
10-04-2013, 07:46 AM
Mue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
So Akim Aliu made the team?
I'm not sure if that is the final roster.

Have there been reports of guys sent to the ECHL (Chaput, MacAulay) or players released from tryouts (Owens, Macenauer, Belzile)?

Old
10-04-2013, 10:00 AM
HCH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
Akim Aliu is a player I've been rooting for, I'm glad I'll be able to follow him on the Bulldogs. Interesting background, anyone who defies hazing and Steve Downie is alright with me.
In junior he had similar scoring stats but fewer penalty minutes than Chris Neil.

Old
10-04-2013, 10:03 AM
HCH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mue View Post
I'm not sure if that is the final roster.

Have there been reports of guys sent to the ECHL (Chaput, MacAulay) or players released from tryouts (Owens, Macenauer, Belzile)?
The last three were guys that I was hoping would make enough of an impression to keep around. In listening to the game Nattinen always seemed to be around the play. I would like to hear from someone who was at the game.

Old
10-04-2013, 10:46 AM
EveryDay

Dan Kramer ‏@DanKramerHabs 26m @TrustdDisgustd Thrower returned to the Vancouver Giants. Signed in ECHL: Delmas, Condon, Chaput, Grassi, MacAulay & possibly Macenauer

Old
10-04-2013, 11:09 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Luc Gelinas ‏@LucGelinasRDS 41s Stefan Chaput et Stephen MacAuley sont retranchés par les Bulldogs. Ils se rapporteront à Wheeling dans la ECHL. Alex Belzile est remercié.

I'm a bit surprised at Belzile not being retained after the numbers he put up late last year.

3-5-8 in 14 games.

Old
10-04-2013, 11:10 AM
kovacro
"Jazz Hands" by Alec

BULLDOGS ASSIGN TWO, RELEASE TWO
By: Hamilton Bulldogs
10/04/2013 9:03 AM -

MONTREAL, QUEBEC – Montreal Canadiens and Hamilton Bulldogs General Manager Marc Bergevin announced today the Bulldogs have assigned two forwards and released two forwards.

Stefan Chaput and Stephen MacAulay have been assigned to the ECHL’s Wheeling Nailers. Jordan Owens and Alex Belzile have been released from their professional try outs.

- See more at: http://www.hamiltonbulldogs.com/pres....eH3Ya2uF.dpuf

I guess Macenauer is in limbo. Maybe the Dogs offered him a spot but he has to begin the year in the ECHL. Could be waiting to hear back from his agent to see if there is something better somewhere else.

Old
10-04-2013, 11:13 AM
ccgg

And where is Ben Duffy ? Still with the Dogs ?

Old
10-04-2013, 11:15 AM
kovacro
"Jazz Hands" by Alec

I stand corrected on Macenauer. His name just popped up on the Dogs roster.

http://www.hamiltonbulldogs.com/team/roster/

Team looks pretty decent heading into the season. Looks like they can roll out 4 good lines. Tokarski is solid in the nets and the D have some returning players with a year of pro under their belt.

Would still have liked to have seen another veteran guy on the backend but maybe someone gets added during the year.

All in all, it can't be worse than last season.

Old
10-04-2013, 12:58 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Shocked to see Courtnall on the roster over Chaput who seemed to be a coaches favorite last year.

Old
10-04-2013, 03:30 PM
Sam I Am

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
Shocked to see Courtnall on the roster over Chaput who seemed to be a coaches favorite last year.
Not so shocking when you consider the Habs' stated objective is to get bigger and tougher.

Courtnall has about 20 lbs over Chaput and plays a more rugged game. Akim Aliu has made the Bulldogs as well...for the same reason.

Old
10-04-2013, 06:16 PM
Habsfan18

Unless I keep skipping him, is there a reason why Christian Thomas isn't listed on the Dogs roster?

He on the IR?

10-04-2013, 06:45 PM
disturbedraven
Lets rock

Qualier as well? IR perhaps?

Old
10-04-2013, 07:44 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Originally Posted by disturbedraven View Post
Qualier as well? IR perhaps?
Qualier is still technically with the habs.

Closed Thread