HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Philadelphia Eagles (NFL): Finally a home win!

Closed Thread

Old
09-29-2013, 06:24 PM
SolidSnakeUS

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phileeguy View Post
Wow, most points given up in 40 years. That's one hell of a statement.
By the Eagles or any team?

Old
09-29-2013, 06:26 PM
Phileeguy
G's got good hands.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnakeUS View Post
By the Eagles or any team?
Eagles. I'm sure someone has given up more than 52 in that time span.

Old
09-29-2013, 06:35 PM
SolidSnakeUS

I'm just happy Dallas lost to the Chargers as well.

Old
09-29-2013, 06:39 PM
TheLegendkiller

Quote:

And the Giants got crushed by Kansas City. They might be even worse than the Eagles.

Old
09-29-2013, 06:41 PM
JoemAvs

vCash: 250
Oh well. What can you expect. 10 years of putrid drafting is finally catching up to us (ok it did 3 years ago).

Giving Andy too much power and in general just blowing the draft was our big downfall.

I just took an honest look at our roster.

I would keep our OLine and McCoy on offense.
I am sick of DeSean even though he is the only decent WR we have left (not counting Maclin who is soft as well) but the dude should have been traded last year. He is way too soft and not a go to guy or a #1.
The rest of our WRs can be cut. No one worth keeping really.
Our TEs suck and have to lead the league in drops.
Ertz has potential but if his hands are as bad as it looks like, it could be another 2nd round failure.

On D I would keep Fletcher Cox because I believe he has potential.
I really don't care for the rest.
Barwin is decent and Cole should stay for the memories.
The rest? Utter crap. Especially our secondary.
Graham and Curry (if he plays) are no difference makers.

We have a star in McCoy. And a few decent OLiners.
That is it in the "star" department.

Will take a few years of good drafting to make up for that lack of talent.

Get rid of Billy Davis and for once get a solid D coordinator.
We haven't had one since Jimmy (R.I.P) died .
McDermott, Castillo, Bowles, Davis.

Not one of them has any business of being in charge of a D in the NHL
I feel for Chip and Shady.

Old
09-29-2013, 06:41 PM
SolidSnakeUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLegendkiller View Post
And the Giants got crushed by Kansas City. They might be even worse than the Eagles.
Steelers haven't even won a game.

Old
09-29-2013, 06:47 PM
MRxBLACK
ESPN Sucks

vCash: 50
We look bad but so does the rest of the division, its not over yet.

Old
09-29-2013, 07:07 PM
bennysflyers16

Quote:
Me too, won me $250 on pro line.

Old
09-29-2013, 07:21 PM
FLYERSFAN18

It really wouldn't surprise me if Kelly pulled a Saban/Petrino and went back to college after this season. Not that he is a terrible coach, but to go from winning games 52-20 to losing 52-20 is hard. Two really bad looking losses at that. He probably would think he could turn a college program around easier than an NFL franchise. Not saying he will do it but i wouldn't count it out

Old
09-29-2013, 07:42 PM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYERSFAN18 View Post
It really wouldn't surprise me if Kelly pulled a Saban/Petrino and went back to college after this season. Not that he is a terrible coach, but to go from winning games 52-20 to losing 52-20 is hard. Two really bad looking losses at that. He probably would think he could turn a college program around easier than an NFL franchise. Not saying he will do it but i wouldn't count it out
Kelly is under a show-cause penalty from the NCAA for another year, I believe.

Old
09-29-2013, 07:52 PM
Yourself

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYERSFAN18 View Post
I doubt it. Three straight losses isn't good, however they had 3 games in 9 days which isn't easy and then had to play the best team in the NFL.

Their next 5 games will really tell us how this team is. @ Giants, @ TB then three in a row in Philly being against Dallas, Giants (again) and then Oakland. They could be 6-3 after that. I wouldn't expect it, but it could happen having seen those teams play.

Old
09-29-2013, 08:02 PM
FlyingPhilly

Man, that Eagles D...I have stopped caring and just started laughing at them

Old
09-29-2013, 08:03 PM
FLYERSFAN18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yourself View Post
I doubt it. Three straight losses isn't good, however they had 3 games in 9 days which isn't easy and then had to play the best team in the NFL.

Their next 5 games will really tell us how this team is. @ Giants, @ TB then three in a row in Philly being against Dallas, Giants (again) and then Oakland. They could be 6-3 after that. I wouldn't expect it, but it could happen having seen those teams play.
I don't know. He looks kind of disinterested to me. Maybe that is normally his demeanor.

Winning 5 games against terrible teams would tell me nothing about this team other than the fact that they are the best of the worst. Being 6-3 would be terrible for this team. We have too many holes and a great need for a real QB to be picking in the middle of the draft like we did for the last half of the Reid era. I want them to win as bad as everyone else does but, winning against crappy teams only to be in the playoff hunt and be destroyed by good teams hurts the team in the long run

Old
09-29-2013, 08:18 PM
flyershockey

On the bright side, there are a lot of really bad teams in the NFL this year, so it's not just the Eagles. That does mean it will be tougher to get into the Bridgewater/Clowney/Boyd race.

Old
09-29-2013, 08:26 PM
Justified
Amaro out

vCash: 673
I am out of the area and I thankfully missed most of this game. Dont worry everyone, this team still has to face Rodgers at Lambeau! There is another 5o points at least.

Old
09-29-2013, 10:28 PM
zarley zelepukin

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoemAvs View Post
Oh well. What can you expect. 10 years of putrid drafting is finally catching up to us (ok it did 3 years ago).

Giving Andy too much power and in general just blowing the draft was our big downfall.

I just took an honest look at our roster.

I would keep our OLine and McCoy on offense.
I am sick of DeSean even though he is the only decent WR we have left (not counting Maclin who is soft as well) but the dude should have been traded last year. He is way too soft and not a go to guy or a #1.
The rest of our WRs can be cut. No one worth keeping really.
Our TEs suck and have to lead the league in drops.
Ertz has potential but if his hands are as bad as it looks like, it could be another 2nd round failure.

On D I would keep Fletcher Cox because I believe he has potential.
I really don't care for the rest.
Barwin is decent and Cole should stay for the memories.
The rest? Utter crap. Especially our secondary.
Graham and Curry (if he plays) are no difference makers.

We have a star in McCoy. And a few decent OLiners.
That is it in the "star" department.

Will take a few years of good drafting to make up for that lack of talent.

Get rid of Billy Davis and for once get a solid D coordinator.
We haven't had one since Jimmy (R.I.P) died .
McDermott, Castillo, Bowles, Davis.

Not one of them has any business of being in charge of a D in the NHL
I feel for Chip and Shady.
Well I agree with the bold. Some other parts I think are overreaction to the whooping we just took. If you think, as I do, that the personnel on defense is pretty bad/ill-fitting then I don't see how you can be ready to fire the D coordinator after 4 games.

I think most of the problems we have offensively lay at the feet of the QB. It's hard to find a franchise guy but that's what we need, along with most of the other teams in the league. I agree that we might have to reassess what we have at TE, but it's too early to say we need new guys there. Ertz is young, Casey hasn't played much and Celek has been solid in the past. As for the WRs, missing Maclin apparently wasn't something we could take without missing a beat, but that's not surprising.

Old
09-29-2013, 11:20 PM
mypunkrock

Maybe moving away a few years ago knocked it out of me, but I don't live and die by the Eagles anymore. They have not been a quality team since before I graduated college (09).

I think people overplayed the hype for Kelly, and now the pendulum has swung the other way, although the team was done no favors by being scheduled for three games in eleven days to open the season. We know there are serious holes that need filling, ones that can't be fixed right away.

Remember, when Reid came in his first season, who'd he get to sign? Players like Runyan and Corey Simon, and other high quality guys. All of the positions of strength from those years (with the exception of the Oline) are nonexistent with the current team.

Not a fan of the 3-4 and our D coordinator either. That is only compounding our issues.

Addendum - Philoldelphia Eaglols

Old
09-30-2013, 07:22 AM
Protest
C`est La Vie

So there's a real chance they'll be in first place next week lol.

Honestly I don't get how anyone could have thought this would be any different than how it's been. The defense sucks, it sucked last year. It doesn't matter how good of a coach you are, you can't make ****** players good. This whole new system the coach is bringing from college is only on the offensive side of the ball, and the offense isn't bad but they have been noticeably slower lately. I think that's on Vick because there's other teams out there running a no huddle, high tempo offense that are getting the ball off quicker than the Eagles.

In all honesty, them doing well really doesn't do anything for them. They desperately need young impact players on the defense, and a legit QB for the future. That only comes through the draft.

Old
09-30-2013, 07:52 AM
Hiesenberg

vCash: 491
I get the whole leaving for College, but if he walked into Bumbled***** State College, would he really think he'd be fighting for a National Championship in Year 1? NFL & NCAA are no different that if you inherit a crap team, it'll take a year or 2 (maybe more) to straighten it out. He did what he could on defense, he knows they blow, he's admitted as much, but there is nobody out there. He's still crafting his team. He may bounce for all I know, but I don't think he'll go 12-1 with a reclamation project in the NCAA either.

Old
09-30-2013, 10:09 AM
Sniped
Snowballs at Santa

The defense still needs to be rebuilt. We need play makers and difference makers on the defensive side of the ball. We have no one...

The fact that we only have 1 threat in the passing game also affects us negatively, considering Avant and Cooper can't get open and Celek drops everything. I'd like to see Zach Ertz involved more, I mean we spent a 2nd rounder on him...

It was so nice of Reid to leave Kelly with this mess of a team (especially defensively)

Old
09-30-2013, 10:15 AM
SolidSnakeUS

All I know is, I think Foles should start next week.

Old
09-30-2013, 10:19 AM
flyershockey

Quote:
All I know is, I think Foles should start next week.
Why? Vick was actually alright. It's not his fault that he only has one receiving threat, who's basically only a vertical guy. Cooper, Avant, and Celek have all been horrible. Ertz needs to improve his hands, or he'll never get to an impact level. The whole offense is basically Vick, McCoy, Brown, and Jackson.

Old
09-30-2013, 10:20 AM
SolidSnakeUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyershockey View Post
Why? Vick was actually alright. It's not his fault that he only has one receiving threat, who's basically only a vertical guy. Cooper, Avant, and Celek have all been horrible. Ertz needs to improve his hands, or he'll never get to an impact level. The whole offense is basically Vick, McCoy, Brown, and Jackson.
It's more to shake things up so we do wake up, and hopefully for the receivers too.

Old
09-30-2013, 10:23 AM
flyershockey

Quote:
It's more to shake things up so we do wake up, and hopefully for the receivers too.
They'll never do that. Starting Foles basically concedes that the season is over, and they're never going to do that in the NFC East, where despite their atrocious play and record, they're only one game out of a first place tie. Making the playoffs is still going to be the first priority.

Old
09-30-2013, 10:48 AM
BillyShoe1721
Terriers

vCash: 8400
Send a message via AIM to BillyShoe1721
There is nothing that Billy Davis can do to fix the defense. You could give Jim Johnson or Dick LeBeau this defense, and the Broncos maybe only put up 42. We were a bad defense last year, with personnel meant to fit a 4-3. We didn't really add anyone of notable talent, and now you're taking the personnel that was designed to fit a 4-3 and sticking it in a 3-4. I expect he'll be fired before the season is over, but the replacement won't be able to do any better.

Closed Thread