HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Rangers Final Roster

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
09-29-2013, 06:45 PM
  #176
SlingshotVv
nerdy wrist-locks
 
SlingshotVv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Jersey City, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 1,467
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by moore is new mac View Post
pyatt is slow as sh** dorsett is a thirdliner I've watched him on CBJ he has speed and a wicked wrist shot. pyatt has none of those
Ok, you definitely did not watch Dorsett in Columbus, because this is crazy talk.

SlingshotVv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2013, 07:07 PM
  #177
Blue Blooded
Registered User
 
Blue Blooded's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Handicap spot
Country: Sweden
Posts: 2,733
vCash: 504
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlingshotVv View Post
Ok, you definitely did not watch Dorsett in Columbus, because this is crazy talk.
It's easy to remember a moment where a player fired a sick shot, because most players do at times in their career. But if you want to know who is better at scoring goals, then you have to delve into the stats to see who has actually been able to put it in the net.

Over the past six seasons Pyatt has scored more 5v5 goals per minute, has maintained a significantly higher shooting percentage, and averages more shots and shot attempts per minute. The same holds true for every possible chosen period, except last season where Dorsett was slightly ahead of Pyatt. But considering the small sample, especially Dorsett's who was injured it hardly outweighs Pyatt's superiority over the years.

Pyatt is a better goal scorer than Dorsett.

Blue Blooded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2013, 07:52 PM
  #178
Callagraves
Block shots
 
Callagraves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 6,371
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Blooded View Post
It's easy to remember a moment where a player fired a sick shot, because most players do at times in their career. But if you want to know who is better at scoring goals, then you have to delve into the stats to see who has actually been able to put it in the net.

Over the past six seasons Pyatt has scored more 5v5 goals per minute, has maintained a significantly higher shooting percentage, and averages more shots and shot attempts per minute. The same holds true for every possible chosen period, except last season where Dorsett was slightly ahead of Pyatt. But considering the small sample, especially Dorsett's who was injured it hardly outweighs Pyatt's superiority over the years.

Pyatt is a better goal scorer than Dorsett.
I don't really think either player's primary value comes from their goalscoring. Pyatt may be a better shooter than Dorsett, but these are two players who's primary value comes from forechecking, hitting and generally affecting the momentum while keeping up good defense.

Dorsett is a far superior player in every capacity except goal scoring, and both players are not really goal scorers, so the importance of the point is very little.

Callagraves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2013, 07:56 PM
  #179
eco's bones
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Elmira NY
Country: United States
Posts: 12,263
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnC View Post
I really like Kreider. Don't understand how saying he doesn't deserve to be on the team over Fast and Miller atm after camp is nasty
Well I misread what you meant then and for that I apologize.

FWIW Kreider is a slow starter. Has been anyway since his freshman year at BC. He was doing **** until all of a sudden he exploded in the WJC. It's mystifying at times but he tends to finish strong. Most all of our forwards go missing here and there throughout the year. Nash will. Same with Callahan and Hagelin. Richards did a lot of that the last couple years. Pyatt scored all of his points the first 5 or 6 games of the year and the last 5 or 6 games. The 35 to 40 games in between absolutely nothing.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2013, 07:59 PM
  #180
Bleed Ranger Blue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 14,709
vCash: 500
Hopefully this a wake up call for Kreider.

New season, new coach, an absolutely abhorrent situation at LW, and he still can't make the team. Thats shameful.

Bleed Ranger Blue is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2013, 08:00 PM
  #181
haohmaru
#bdwyblueshirts
 
haohmaru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Fleming Island, Fl
Country: United States
Posts: 5,329
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Callagraves View Post
I don't really think either player's primary value comes from their goalscoring. Pyatt may be a better shooter than Dorsett, but these are two players who's primary value comes from forechecking, hitting and generally affecting the momentum while keeping up good defense.

Dorsett is a far superior player in every capacity except goal scoring, and both players are not really goal scorers, so the importance of the point is very little.
I'm not a Pyatt lover by any stretch, but TP is much better in the corners than Dorsett is.

haohmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2013, 08:02 PM
  #182
Bleed Ranger Blue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 14,709
vCash: 500
I enjoy how, on this board, Derek Dorsett is a 3rd liner simply because his name is not Brian Boyle.

Bleed Ranger Blue is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2013, 08:06 PM
  #183
JohnC
#FreeSteve
 
JohnC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 4,508
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
I enjoy how, on this board, Derek Dorsett is a 3rd liner simply because his name is not Brian Boyle.
To be fair, I'm not sure Dorsett fell last year

JohnC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2013, 08:20 PM
  #184
Cresto
Much Disappoint
 
Cresto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,450
vCash: 500
I wonder what would happen if somehow we had Bickel up as the Forward/defense/tough guy and put together a

Boyle-Richards-Bickel line.

We might create a black hole.

Cresto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2013, 08:22 PM
  #185
Levitate
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 20,433
vCash: 500
I think Dorsett has the potential to be a pretty good third liner, but he hasn't qute found the consistency there yet.

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2013, 08:30 PM
  #186
Callagraves
Block shots
 
Callagraves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 6,371
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by haohmaru View Post
I'm not a Pyatt lover by any stretch, but TP is much better in the corners than Dorsett is.
Really? I suppose he may be a bit better, he's a good deal larger, but he doesn't bring the same intensity.

Worth a note, everything I say about Pyatt does not apply to his playoff performance this past year, which I think he was really good in. But he was pretty much worthless the rest of the year.

Callagraves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2013, 08:36 PM
  #187
Ail
k.
 
Ail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Mysidia
Country: United States
Posts: 15,932
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
Pretty much.

"Kreider on his game" is slowly becoming just like "Zherdev on his game" or "Drury on his game" or "Christensen on his game". Something we see once a month.
Yep. I've been growing fairly skeptical of him. I'm not as convinced as I was during the playoff call-up run he is going to put it all together.

__________________
Ail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2013, 08:48 PM
  #188
Blue Blooded
Registered User
 
Blue Blooded's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Handicap spot
Country: Sweden
Posts: 2,733
vCash: 504
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cresto View Post
I wonder what would happen if somehow we had Bickel up as the Forward/defense/tough guy and put together a

Boyle-Richards-Bickel line.

We might create a black hole.


We should trade for MacIntyre and try to beat the all time low 5v5 CF%.

MacIntyre's career CF% without the stud Colin Fraser is 28%. For reference Wade Redden managed a 26.9% on Ottawa in 07-08, 4v5.

MacIntyre-Richards-Bickel, now that is a line!

Blue Blooded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2013, 08:50 PM
  #189
Blue Blooded
Registered User
 
Blue Blooded's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Handicap spot
Country: Sweden
Posts: 2,733
vCash: 504
Quote:
Originally Posted by Callagraves View Post
I don't really think either player's primary value comes from their goalscoring. Pyatt may be a better shooter than Dorsett, but these are two players who's primary value comes from forechecking, hitting and generally affecting the momentum while keeping up good defense.

Dorsett is a far superior player in every capacity except goal scoring, and both players are not really goal scorers, so the importance of the point is very little.
The post I was quoting was questioning the statement that Dorsett had a better shot than Pyatt. I just backed him up.

Blue Blooded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2013, 08:51 PM
  #190
JeffMangum
A Love Supreme
 
JeffMangum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Listening to music
Country: United States
Posts: 54,867
vCash: 300
Kreider is still very raw. I think he needs a full season in the AHL. I remember when Canadiens fan were ready to give up on Pacioretty at 22. He sure made them eat his words, and I have a feeling Kreider can definitely do that as well.

__________________

#TannerGlass2014
SEEN YOUR VIDEO!
#SheWentToHarvard
JeffMangum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2013, 08:52 PM
  #191
Drewbackatu*
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 3,048
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crease View Post
Disappointed in Kreider.
We all are. It raises red flags on a player with his size, speed and skillset that he can't make a roster loaded with 3rd and 4th line players. I'm starting to believe that he won't be a Ranger next year.

Drewbackatu* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2013, 09:24 PM
  #192
Dactyl
Registered User
 
Dactyl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 6,992
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewbackatu View Post
We all are. It raises red flags on a player with his size, speed and skillset that he can't make a roster loaded with 3rd and 4th line players. I'm starting to believe that he won't be a Ranger next year.
look no further than the post before you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BB v2 0 View Post
Kreider is still very raw. I think he needs a full season in the AHL. I remember when Canadiens fan were ready to give up on Pacioretty at 22. He sure made them eat his words, and I have a feeling Kreider can definitely do that as well.
kreider definitely has potential to become a pacioretty like player

Dactyl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2013, 09:25 PM
  #193
Aufheben
Moderator
Crick Nash
 
Aufheben's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: The jam must flow...
Country: Angola
Posts: 10,111
vCash: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlingshotVv View Post
Ok, you definitely did not watch Dorsett in Columbus, because this is crazy talk.
Dorsett seems to have a nice shot from what I've seen in his time here.

It's disappointing that Kreider hasn't been able to stick with the team, but people talk about him like they've already given up on him. Give it time; the Rangers battling to make the playoffs in a shortened season did not help at all.

Aufheben is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2013, 09:26 PM
  #194
Cresto
Much Disappoint
 
Cresto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,450
vCash: 500
QUICK: Is JT a rookie?

Cresto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2013, 09:28 PM
  #195
Dactyl
Registered User
 
Dactyl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 6,992
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cresto View Post
QUICK: Is JT a rookie?
im pretty sure he isnt

Dactyl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2013, 09:30 PM
  #196
Drewbackatu*
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 3,048
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dactyl View Post
look no further than the post before you.


kreider definitely has potential to become a pacioretty like player
Might not be with the Rangers though.

Drewbackatu* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2013, 09:31 PM
  #197
Gardner McKay
Hey Hey...
 
Gardner McKay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Abingdon, VA
Country: United States
Posts: 9,613
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by haveandare View Post
Eh, I expected McI to struggle. I was hoping he'd be farther along, but realistically, he's still very young and learning a very difficult position.

Kreider is more of a bummer for me personally, because he's shown that he is capable of NHL play in the past and now he looks like he's never been in the league.
When has Kreider shown that he is capable of being an NHL player outside of his initial appearance in the playoffs 2 years ago? I feel as if people are clinging to that set of 10 or so games like it is actually a large sample size.

If anything Kreider has yet to show he is capable of NHL play for any length of time. Marcel Hossa scored something like 8 goals in 12 games about 6 years ago. Was he an NHL player too?

__________________
"Never approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear or a fool from any direction."
Gardner McKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2013, 09:32 PM
  #198
Drewbackatu*
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 3,048
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dactyl View Post
im pretty sure he isnt
Right; he doesn't qualify as a rookie.

Drewbackatu* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2013, 09:32 PM
  #199
Crease
Registered User
 
Crease's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 9,804
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cresto View Post
QUICK: Is JT a rookie?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dactyl View Post
im pretty sure he isnt
He played one NHL game too many last season.

Crease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2013, 09:35 PM
  #200
Dactyl
Registered User
 
Dactyl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 6,992
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crease View Post
He played one NHL game too many last season.
thanks torts

Dactyl is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:04 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.