HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Notices

The Consolidated Entertainment Thread (TV, Movies, Music, Books) Part VI

Closed Thread

Old
09-29-2013, 09:35 PM
SteveCangialosi123

vCash: 500
I thought it was perfect. Not much else they could've done.

Old
09-29-2013, 09:45 PM
DevilChuk*
(not that -chuk)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emperoreddy View Post
Honestly I didn't really like the ending. Felt predictable.
my only fault with this

i mean.. there wasn't anything really surprising.

It was a great ending.. but there wasn't really anything "Breaking Bad" out of it. After all the amazing plots that Walter thought up.. this wasn't really one of them. I would have liked something more in that regared to be a real send-off.

Old
09-29-2013, 09:53 PM
Ripshot 43

I love that they dealt with everything you'd want them to as the viewer. Hard to live up to that episode 2 episodes ago but I thought it was very well done. Gonna miss you Breaking Bad.

A part of me was hoping that at the end, Walt would walk into a dark room with only one light on in the middle and Dexter would show up and stand next to him and they would be the start of a villian "Legion of Doom" if you will. Now that's a show if watch One can dream, one can dream.

Old
09-29-2013, 09:55 PM
SteveCangialosi123

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilChuk View Post
my only fault with this

It was a great ending.. but there wasn't really anything "Breaking Bad" out of it. After all the amazing plots that Walter thought up.. this wasn't really one of them. I would have liked something more in that regared to be a real send-off.
Spoilers:

Walt being 100% honest with Skylar was tremendously surprising. Breaking bad's greatness was in no way reliant on surprise. It was a satisfying ending imo and I couldn't have asked for a better one.

Old
09-29-2013, 10:35 PM
Emperoreddy
King of Pirates

That conversation you mentioned Steve was the highlight of the episode.

The actual ending was to neat. Like it almost felt like I read the script already. And breaking bad has never been like that. It has made a living on subverting the viewer. Throwing monkey wrenches around.

Season 4's finale is a great example. I think we all had expectations that Gus was going to get it but how it happened was a complete shock.

Old
09-29-2013, 11:00 PM
SteveCangialosi123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emperoreddy View Post
That conversation you mentioned Steve was the highlight of the episode.

The actual ending was to neat. Like it almost felt like I read the script already. And breaking bad has never been like that. It has made a living on subverting the viewer. Throwing monkey wrenches around.

Season 4's finale is a great example. I think we all had expectations that Gus was going to get it but how it happened was a complete shock.
HUgE SPOILER:

This season was just so different though. Walt was a "dead man" walking. His end was certain. There was no ingenious stunt he could pull to get out of it. I thought him guaranteeing Walt Jr. get the money was pretty shocking to me at least. Also the tension of "will Walt kill Jesse?" or vice versa was pretty intense. Every part of the plot was tied up neatly. Walt won, and I couldn't be happier about that. The alternative would've been so depressing and I'm glad Vince went with what he went with.

Old
09-29-2013, 11:04 PM
Henrique Iglesias
Let's go Albany

Spoil:
SO happy Jesse didn't kill Walt. Would have been such a cop-out. The ending was perfect. Showing Jesse celebrating and the transitioning into crying was great.

Old
09-30-2013, 01:20 AM
HeliDevil
Legendary

That is how you end a season. Absolutely loved the finale and how they wrapped everything up.

Old
09-30-2013, 01:31 AM
MountainGoat
Re-sign Jagr

Spoil:
it's not even next Sunday and I already miss Walt

I think I might give Sons of Anarchy a chance now that BB is over

Old
09-30-2013, 07:21 AM
FirmestPiano

BB. Loved it, even though it was kind of predictable.

Old
09-30-2013, 07:32 AM
cj225
Work in Progress...

Send a message via AIM to cj225
While BB was semi-predictable, it was still a great episode. They completed the show and there were no loose ends.

Old
09-30-2013, 08:18 AM
Jersey Man
Mad Dog

No half measures.

Easily my favorite show and not sure another show will top it for awhile.

Old
09-30-2013, 12:03 PM
B A T M A N
Risen

Spoil:
My only slight against the finale is that we don't know what happened to Jesse. There was nothing final about that at all. So yes they could have done better. But it was still tremendous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilChuk View Post
my only fault with this

Uhh, really?
Spoil:
Walt doing the machine gun in the trunk was VERY Breaking Bad esque. Reminded me so much of when he bombed the **** out of Gus Fring. Same sort of mechanics. Only this time he died by his own hand.

I honestly think the highlight of the episode was Badger and Skinny Pete having the laser pointers.

Old
09-30-2013, 12:23 PM
SteveCangialosi123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Wayne View Post
Spoil:
My only slight against the finale is that we don't know what happened to Jesse. There was nothing final about that at all. So yes they could have done better. But it was still tremendous.

Uhh, really?
Spoil:
Walt doing the machine gun in the trunk was VERY Breaking Bad esque. Reminded me so much of when he bombed the **** out of Gus Fring. Same sort of mechanics. Only this time he died by his own hand.

I honestly think the highlight of the episode was Badger and Skinny Pete having the laser pointers.
[spoil] imo Jesse getting free was all they needed to do. He's gonna do what he tried to do before it all went to ****. He's just gonna start a new life somewhere else. Just rewatched the ending...damn that last scene was perfect. The song, the panning out that mirrored the end of Crawl Space... Just perfect. [spoil]

Last edited by SteveCangialosi123: 09-30-2013 at 12:29 PM.
Old
09-30-2013, 12:27 PM
DevilChuk*
(not that -chuk)

dude replace those colons with [ ]

Spoil:
the machine gun in the trunk was cool but I didn't get the same "holy crap" feeling like i did the other major Walt tricks in the series.. it only had one layer.. it was a fitting finale that tied up all the loose ends but in terms of breaking bad episodes, it won't be remembered as one of the best. High standards, granted

Old
09-30-2013, 12:40 PM
cj225
Work in Progress...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveCangialosi123 View Post
Spoil:
imo Jesse getting free was all they needed to do. He's gonna do what he tried to do before it all went to ****. He's just gonna start a new life somewhere else. Just rewatched the ending...damn that last scene was perfect. The song, the panning out that mirrored the end of Crawl Space... Just perfect.
The last one should be this: [ / spoil] without the spaces.

Old
09-30-2013, 03:39 PM
The Grinder
No Respect

I don't agree with the idea that this finale episode needed to "top" the others. Nothing will top Ozymandis. That was the shows climax. The last two episodes are the denouement. Of a 60 hour movie it amounts to the final 10 minutes of a film. It was perfect. I loved every moment of this show. Nothing has ever made my heart race, or shocked me like this fantastic foray into episodic tv has.

Old
09-30-2013, 03:39 PM
Ripshot 43

Good stuff

Old
09-30-2013, 05:06 PM
SteveCangialosi123

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Grinder View Post
I don't agree with the idea that this finale episode needed to "top" the others. Nothing will top Ozymandis. That was the shows climax. The last two episodes are the denouement. Of a 60 hour movie it amounts to the final 10 minutes of a film. It was perfect. I loved every moment of this show. Nothing has ever made my heart race, or shocked me like this fantastic foray into episodic tv has.
100% agree.

Old
09-30-2013, 10:04 PM
TheUnseenHand
madest thou look

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirmestPiano View Post
Be wary of that Jojo is a very over the top shounen though. Not everyone likes those. I haven't seen that many of them yet though so I find them very entertaining.

Yep, have heard very good things concerning AoT, planning on seeing that when all episodes are out, which is pretty soon I think(?)... Don't really read manga so I'm not sure how it measures up but, everywhere I've looked it's ratings are very high, so should be good.

Gladly take any other recommendations if you have any!
Hmm ok. Yeah I'm not always a fan of those types of animes but they are OK once in a while. Attack on Titan (Shingeki no Kyojin) is still active in the manga state so I'm not so sure when it will be ending unless they plan to end the anime before the manga ends like they did with Deadman Wonderland. If that's the case I won't waste my time watching it.

As for suggestions, I'd be happy to, but it depends on what your thing is. So so much to choose from. Also it's worth expanding to manga if you have the chance. As with books and movies, much of the time the manga is better than the anime. The difference is that the anime is usually good and the manga better, where much of the time a movie sucks but the book was good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodes 81 View Post
jojos is the **** and that's just how it is, i dare anyone to speak badly of it.
I'll speak badly of it if it's bad, but I have to watch it first

Old
09-30-2013, 10:56 PM
SteveCangialosi123

Fans of both GTA V and Boardwalk Empire, did you notice Michael playing poker with Nucky and Rothstein in the last episode? So weird hearing that voice...

Old
10-01-2013, 02:32 AM
Jersey Man
Mad Dog

Major spoilers.

Breaking Bad tribute video which I really like.

Old
10-01-2013, 07:55 AM
Richer's Ghost
awww summertime

vCash: 425
*seinfeld hand clap and leave*

See you next thread. Too much dynamite in here LOL.

season 3 finale tonight for me - full measures. Just saw Walt mow down 2 drug dealers saving Jesse's ass and he said "RUN!". Can't wait to see what is next.

Don't bother replying to me here - I'm ignoring this thread so avoid any discussion points even if they aren't legit spoilers. Too much context for me. I like being in the dark like Hank's groundhog lol.

Ball pits are just toilets filled with brightly colored balls instead of water.
Old
10-01-2013, 10:20 AM
Henrique Iglesias
Let's go Albany

Anyone here catch HIMYM last night? Pretty good episode. The season's shaping up to be a lot better than the past 2 seasons.

Also enjoyed the little dig Robin made about the Leafs in the beginning of the episode.

Old
10-01-2013, 10:22 AM
cj225
Work in Progress...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henrique Iglesias View Post
Anyone here catch HIMYM last night? Pretty good episode. The season's shaping up to be a lot better than the past 2 seasons.

Also enjoyed the little dig Robin made about the Leafs in the beginning of the episode.
Not yet - hopefully tonight we can watch it.

Closed Thread