HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > The KHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The KHL Discuss the Continental Hockey League (Kontinentalnaya Hokkeynaya Liga).

KHL Expansion part III

Closed Thread

Old
09-29-2013, 01:19 PM
Jokeri

vCash: 500
I still think that top-4 teams from SHL would be in a play-offs in KHL even in this season, but that´s just my humble opinion.
Champion from NLA maybe also, but champions from DEL and SM-liiga wouldn´t do so well.

Old
09-29-2013, 01:40 PM
russianhockey

New interview with A. Medvedev

Quote:
Клубы из Норвегии, Швейцарии и Германии стали потенциальными новичками
Clubs from Norway, Switzerland and Germany are the new potential recruits...
http://rsport.ru/hockey/20130929/690606295.html

Genf-Servette [Switzerland] is a opportunity...
http://www.hockeyfans.ch/news/meldung/34109

Last edited by russianhockey: 09-29-2013 at 01:47 PM.
Old
09-29-2013, 01:41 PM
swosh
Im pink hair niггa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jokeri View Post
I still think that top-4 teams from SHL would be in a play-offs in KHL even in this season, but that´s just my humble opinion.
Champion from NLA maybe also, but champions from DEL and SM-liiga wouldn´t do so well.
Only with buckets full of luck. But i agree they can join and batlle about Cup of hope w/o additional players

Old
09-29-2013, 01:43 PM
Hockeyfan31*

I think some of you are underrating SWE clubs, sure they wouldn't fight for Gagarin, but top clubs would make play-offs with ease. I am pretty sure Jokerit will also make play-offs next year with little improvements in squad

Old
09-29-2013, 01:43 PM
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL

Quote:
Originally Posted by obskyr View Post
It's up to them to decide what suits their business/political interests more.

In terms of hockey France is pretty useless, it has neither decent hockey infrastructure, nor hockey fans.
This is stupid, every sport has to start somewhere and saying that France will "never" get anywhere with hockey is stupid, illogical, and ignorant. They just came away from two really decent World Championship and upsetting Russia. Look at Switzerland, never had a strong hockey culture and only way they're going is up. I do admit their hockey infrastructure is not that solid, but my argument is they have the potential (population and mountain region) to become like Suiss and IIHF has done a great job in helping development in these countries.

Then you have to take in traveling and guess which place is the #1 destination for French people in the world? Montrèal and guess what is popular in Montrèal? Hockey. That will ultimately carry over to France.

Old
09-29-2013, 02:03 PM
vorky
@vorkywh24

Quote:
Originally Posted by russianhockey View Post
New interview with A. Medvedev

Clubs from Norway, Switzerland and Germany are the new potential recruits...
http://rsport.ru/hockey/20130929/690606295.html

Genf-Servette [Switzerland] is a opportunity...
http://www.hockeyfans.ch/news/meldung/34109
I consider his words about ECC as more important... KHL wants 7 clubs in ECC. Still, this ECC will fail.

Old
09-29-2013, 02:10 PM
Jokeri

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyfan31 View Post
I think some of you are underrating SWE clubs, sure they wouldn't fight for Gagarin, but top clubs would make play-offs with ease. I am pretty sure Jokerit will also make play-offs next year with little improvements in squad
You are right about underrating SHL.
On the other hand, Jokerit dont even get SM-liiga play-offs this season if they continue playing like they do..

Old
09-29-2013, 02:16 PM
Jussi
No strings on me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyfan31 View Post
Going to need a lot of improvements(e.g. there's no goal scorers on the team, mostly grinders). Many players would be leaving anyway after this season, NHL or contract expiring or retiring. Almost half the roster will change.

Old
09-29-2013, 02:24 PM
vorky
@vorkywh24

Guys, dont look at tables of SHL/SML or squads if you discuss about new KHL clubs. It is not important. You need MONEY, ARENA, LOCATION if you want to join KHL.

1) MONEY
- no problem if KHL is interesting in your club

2) ARENA
- must be above 10 000 or planning new arena

3) LOCATION
- sweden, germany, switzerland - 1M inhabitants (+/-)

There are max 2-3 cities in Sweden, which can join KHL. Germany and Swizerland is another story.

Btw, good news for KHL´s expansion to Germany.

Old
09-29-2013, 03:30 PM
SCBdude
SC Bern 1931 / NYI

Why does the arena have to be that big? ~7'000 should be enough. Only Minsk and SKA get even remotely close to 10'000 spectators so why should new clubs require a bigger arena?

Old
09-29-2013, 04:00 PM
Jussi
No strings on me

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCBdude View Post
Why does the arena have to be that big? ~7'000 should be enough. Only Minsk and SKA get even remotely close to 10'000 spectators so why should new clubs require a bigger arena?
To give an impression of "we mean business!", even though few teams in Europe with big arenas regularly fill their arenas. Jokerit were over 10K during their first two season at Hartwall Areena but they haven't been close to that since. Well this season they could've been even over it as before the end of June, Jokerit had sold around 5000 season tickets but then happened the KHL move and Karalahti and an estimated 200 people returned their season tickets (most from the loud fan section).

Old
09-29-2013, 04:13 PM
vorky
@vorkywh24

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCBdude View Post
I am talking about future, next decade. KHL has a rule that new arenas must be above 12000. Look at KHL´s strategic cities in Europe - Prague, Helsinki. Both with arenas above 10 000 and is it not coincidence. Zagreb and Bratislava as well. Geneve has a chance as well, if new arena is built. Of course, Servette can play a season or two in current arena, but there must be a plan for new big one. Otherwise no Servette in KHL.

One more time, KHL does not look at status quo but future when decides about new clubs. Especially those from Europe.

Old
09-29-2013, 04:39 PM
SCBdude
SC Bern 1931 / NYI

Quote:
Originally Posted by vorky View Post
I am talking about future, next decade. KHL has a rule that new arenas must be above 12000. Look at KHL´s strategic cities in Europe - Prague, Helsinki. Both with arenas above 10 000 and is it not coincidence. Zagreb and Bratislava as well. Geneve has a chance as well, if new arena is built. Of course, Servette can play a season or two in current arena, but there must be a plan for new big one. Otherwise no Servette in KHL.

One more time, KHL does not look at status quo but future when decides about new clubs. Especially those from Europe.
Servette is planing a new arena that is supposed to fit ~10'000 people.

Old
09-29-2013, 04:56 PM
swosh
Im pink hair niггa

I got it. More KHL, more jobs for vorky site

PS: Good site, sometimes i read it

Old
09-29-2013, 07:58 PM
robwangjing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan94 View Post
EAST:

Tschernyschow Diwision

Admiral
Amur
Tokio/Seoul/Beijing
Sibir
Traktor
Omsk
Barys
Ufa
Looks great!

To be honest it would mean everything to get some Russian profession in Chinese hockey to start a serious development process.

Old
09-29-2013, 10:51 PM
Salavat Yulaev

Quote:
Originally Posted by swosh View Post

I thought vorky is a russian. I mean it is great that a slovak knows KHL clubs so good

Old
09-29-2013, 10:56 PM
Salavat Yulaev

Quote:
Originally Posted by robwangjing View Post
Looks great!

To be honest it would mean everything to get some Russian profession in Chinese hockey to start a serious development process.
I don't think that it is a problem to find good professionals in Russia. There are also several good coaches with no job like Bykov & Zakharkin. Krikunov also said that wants to finish his career in 2015.

Old
09-30-2013, 04:05 AM
russianhockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by swosh View Post

vorky does magnificent work!!! his posts are always very informative

i share his opinion...Keep it up!

Old
09-30-2013, 07:03 AM
Peter25

Quote:
out
Vityaz, Severstal, Neftekhimik, Yugra, Novokuznetsk
So what will happen to junior programs of these teams after they exit the KHL? Will we see more Nail Yakupovs and Bogdan Yakimovs come out of Nizhnekamsk?

Old
09-30-2013, 07:53 AM
Acallabeth
Get well soon Octopi

Send a message via Skype™ to Acallabeth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter25 View Post
So what will happen to junior programs of these teams after they exit the KHL? Will we see more Nail Yakupovs and Bogdan Yakimovs come out of Nizhnekamsk?
And also no more guys like Sergei Bobrovsky and Dmitry Orlov.
I do agree partially though. No KHL-level arena, little money make these teams unwelcome in the KHL.

Old
09-30-2013, 08:02 AM
vorky
@vorkywh24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter25 View Post
why not?

Again, I dont say I want less russian clubs in KHL. I just try to understand KHL. The league wants to aquire euro markets and there is a reason for it. More money, better position in negotiations with IIHF/NHL. Why has KHL been developing VHL? How does KHL see the league in future? Europe vs Russia - 50/50 or 20/80?

Quote:
Russia and other former Soviet countries would form a 32-team Eastern Conference, Medvedev said.

The other 32 teams would make up a European Conference, with 16 from Scandinavia and 16 from countries as diverse as Italy, the Czech Republic and Great Britain.

A 62-game regular season would be the norm, with 32 teams qualifying for a five-round playoff.

An operational budget of 15 million euros ($18.8 million) would be enough for a team to compete, he said.
http://en.rian.ru/sports/20120613/174008462.html

That was said in 2012 I believe. What is important at Medvedev´s vision? Not 64 clubs, but Europe/Russia - 50/50. Lets make KHL as 32 clubs league, 16 clubs from Russia, 16 clubs from Europe. Of course, Russian can have one-two more clubs, not important now. This is a message of Medvedev.

Will be Neftekhimik able to double or triple budget as 2nd club from Tatarstan? You know, Ak Bars is no.1. The same about Severstal and others. Will world/us/german etc big company to Neftekhimik/etc to sponsor them? Or will this world company come to Berlin/etc to sponsor the club? You know, sponsoring german/euro club which plays on russian market is great opportunity. Sponsoring smaller russian club playing league with majority of russian clubs is not that great.

KHL´s main source of income should be tv contracts. Russian tv market is not able to offer big sums. Even it is, big tv deals in Europe would be welcome. You need more euro clubs for that.

Developing kids in VHL is better than developing them in KHL. Why? More ice time in VHL, right?

Maybe the most important reason to have more euro clubs in KHL is rival league. KHL wants to be no.1 league in Euro-Asia, KHL does not need any league (ET, ECC, Champions League) to be establish and be succesfull. How to achieve it? The best way is to lure euro clubs to KHL. No big euro clubs, no new league. Right?

We will see. I can imagine this scenario.

Old
09-30-2013, 12:36 PM
vorky
@vorkywh24

This article is really interesting. The author wrote following:

1) ECC will fail
2) Chris McSorley (Servette) will be followed by Marc Lüthi (SC Bern) and Peter Zahner (ZSC Lions) to KHL

Can anybody introduce these guys? Bussiness activity etc?

Old
09-30-2013, 01:02 PM
Hockeyfan31*

Seems like a pipe dream

Old
09-30-2013, 01:23 PM
Ivan94

Quote:
This article is really interesting. The author wrote following:

1) ECC will fail
2) Chris McSorley (Servette) will be followed by Marc Lüthi (SC Bern) and Peter Zahner (ZSC Lions) to KHL

Can anybody introduce these guys? Bussiness activity etc?
the author predikt some teams joining in the next 20 years. he think, that Chris McSorley has the most self confidence to make the first step. Bern and Zürich are just named as the other possible teams which could follow Geneve.

he also compared kanada with rusia. "khl will make ice hockey to buisness like kanada did in US-Citys. Less Sibiria, more Manhatten"

Old
09-30-2013, 01:35 PM
vorky
@vorkywh24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan94 View Post
the author predikt some teams joining in the next 20 years. he think, that Chris McSorley has the most self confidence to make the first step. Bern and Zürich are just named as the other possible teams which could follow Geneve.

he also compared kanada with rusia. "khl will make ice hockey to buisness like kanada did in US-Citys. Less Sibiria, more Manhatten"
Yes, I read article. The Q is, did the author write his dream or did he have information/rumours?

Closed Thread