HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Warm-Up Pants for Public Skating

Old
09-30-2013, 01:51 AM
MainDotC
Depth Defenceman

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to MainDotC Send a message via Yahoo to MainDotC Send a message via Skype™ to MainDotC
Warm-Up Pants for Public Skating

I'm trying to find some pants to wear while skating that have a windbreaker-type exterior but also have a cloth (usually cotton) interior. Usually they have a stripe down the side. They also need to have at least a 36'' inseam because I'm tall and a 32'' inseam, which tends to be the standard, doesn't look or feel right. The cuffs need to be elastic so they don't flop around as well. If they're long enough then I suppose I can go w/o the elastic but I'd like to see if there's something available locally for me to try on before I order them online. Do you have any suggestions ?

I've seen some from Under Armour but the inseam is, apparently, 34.5'' for XXLT http://reviews.underarmour.com/answe.../questions.htm

MainDotC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2013, 01:55 AM
Fanned On It

When we used to order warm-up suits for our local travel teams we would always go with the Easton EQ3 (I think) Mid-weight ones. They seemed pretty nice and they had the windbreaker outer with the soft inner like you want. No cuffs on the bottom but cuffs are whack and uncomfortable anyway =P.

Fanned On It is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2013, 02:55 AM
MainDotC
Depth Defenceman

Send a message via AIM to MainDotC Send a message via Yahoo to MainDotC Send a message via Skype™ to MainDotC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fanned On It View Post
When we used to order warm-up suits for our local travel teams we would always go with the Easton EQ3 (I think) Mid-weight ones. They seemed pretty nice and they had the windbreaker outer with the soft inner like you want. No cuffs on the bottom but cuffs are whack and uncomfortable anyway =P.
Looks good but at this point can only find a 34 inseam. I'll keep trying.

Old
09-30-2013, 07:46 AM
goonx

Why not wear runners pants and swear pants on top. I do that for skating and it feels great.

goonx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2013, 08:58 AM
MainDotC
Depth Defenceman

I don't like sweat pants. I'm not sure what you mean by "runner pants" - is that the same thing ? Can you share a link ?

Old
09-30-2013, 10:06 AM
jorbjorb
BROWN TOWN

sweat pants

jorbjorb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2013, 11:14 AM
TrueBlue86

I personally just wear shorts with some kind of a sweater for a top. I've never had issues with being cold.

TrueBlue86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2013, 11:19 AM
PS12

Baggy jeans and underarmour cold gear underneath.

PS12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2013, 02:47 PM
MainDotC
Depth Defenceman

I understand you all have your preferences for wearing appropriate clothing to the rink I'm just interested to know if anyone else uses these warm-up pants, and if so, where they can be found with a long length for tall people. It seems a majority of the populating requires no inseam greater than 32''

Old
09-30-2013, 06:32 PM
motalar

I have never seen an inseam longer than that from the major retailers (CCM, Reebok, Bauer, Easton). I am 6'5" with a 36" inseam in regular pants and I have a pair of CCM's with cuffs and Bauers without. The shorter inseam doesn't really make much of a difference either way. They are both baggy enough so I can get a good kneebend and the Bauers dont flap in the wind. I went with XXL for both.

motalar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2013, 08:59 PM
Wilch
Unregistered User

I usually wear track pants to skates and stick/puck sessions.

Waterproof, flexible, and they keep my warm enough yet stay ventilated enough to keep me cool when I start sweating.

Wilch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2013, 02:12 AM
Fanned On It

Quote:
Originally Posted by MainDotC View Post
I understand you all have your preferences for wearing appropriate clothing to the rink I'm just interested to know if anyone else uses these warm-up pants, and if so, where they can be found with a long length for tall people. It seems a majority of the populating requires no inseam greater than 32''
How tall are you? I'm 6'2" and skinny and I wear a size large in those Easton pants I was telling you about. They're the perfect warm-up pant/suit IMO.

Fanned On It is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2013, 02:49 AM
MainDotC
Depth Defenceman

I'm 6' 4'' and I usually need a 36'' inseam to prevent my pants from looking like highwaters.

Old
10-02-2013, 07:18 PM
nystromshairstylist
Scoring at will

http://www.amazon.com/adidas-Remix-B...as+track+pants

$17 at TJ Maxx.

nystromshairstylist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2013, 12:11 AM
MainDotC
Depth Defenceman

Quote:
Originally Posted by nystromshairstylist View Post
Appreciate the suggestion, but this polyester. This is not appropriate for the wind chill and I'm looking for a nylon pant which is a wind breaker. Again, really appreciate the suggestion but just stating this is not what I'm looking for.

Old
10-30-2013, 12:21 AM
MainDotC
Depth Defenceman

Quote:
Originally Posted by motalar View Post
I have never seen an inseam longer than that from the major retailers (CCM, Reebok, Bauer, Easton). I am 6'5" with a 36" inseam in regular pants and I have a pair of CCM's with cuffs and Bauers without. The shorter inseam doesn't really make much of a difference either way. They are both baggy enough so I can get a good kneebend and the Bauers dont flap in the wind. I went with XXL for both.
You're 6' 5'' so according to the sizing chart from hockeymonkey you're wearing pants that have a 50'' waist ? I'm not skinny, but I'm not that big. Can you post a link of the pants you wear ?

Old
10-30-2013, 12:36 AM
mkoivu9*

vCash: 2710
Quote:
Originally Posted by PS12 View Post
Baggy jeans and underarmour cold gear underneath.
Not this. Don't be that guy to wear jeans while playing any sport.

mkoivu9* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2013, 01:43 AM
PS12

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoivu9 View Post
Not this. Don't be that guy to wear jeans while playing any sport.
Lol its just public skating. Stick and puck is hockey gear.

PS12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2013, 04:46 AM
SCBruCrew4

Honestly go to TjMaxx or Marshalls (Or something similar) and just buy a pair of windbreaker pants. I bought a pair of Nike's for $10 I think and they work fine. Nothing fancy but in all honesty do you really NEED something fancy for warm ups?

SCBruCrew4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2013, 08:51 AM
MainDotC
Depth Defenceman

Look, this is not something FANCY...these are basic requirements that I need in order for the pants to fit properly. My requirements are very simple - windbreaker pants preferably with a liner for warmth, elastic cuffs on the pant leg, and a 36'' inseam or better. This is nothing fancy at all - this is a simple requirement so I can wear something that fits me. I don't want to wear wind pants that are riding up to my knees - is that really a problem? Is there no one who makes a decent pant for tall people ?

I haven't found these pants on the TJ Maxx website - if you have a link kindly share.

Old
10-31-2013, 10:27 PM
MainDotC
Depth Defenceman

Ordered two of these:

http://www.hockeymonkey.com/bauer-ho...-up-pants.html

We'll see how it goes.

Old
11-08-2013, 04:19 PM
MainDotC
Depth Defenceman

Ehh...I'm a little fatter than I thought I was...

Old
11-08-2013, 06:15 PM
Swedish Puck Mafia
Break The HeMan Down

vCash: 50
Too many Dunkin Donuts, eh?

Swedish Puck Mafia is offline   Reply With Quote