HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

I Feel Bad for Jaromir

Old
11-25-2006, 11:19 PM
NYRangerfn09

vCash: 500
I Feel Bad for Jaromir

After going to Ranger sabre games in buffalo and hearing the the Penguins crowd I really feel bad for this guy. Everytime he touches the puck the entire stadium boos him. I have been to plenty of ranger games and cant think of one player that would just be booed for just touching the puck. No matter how much they boo he can still put the puck in the net. Just curious if anyone agrees or knows of any other player that this is done to on daily basis?

NYRangerfn09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2006, 11:28 PM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

He feeds off it I think, Yeah Jaromir loves to be the center of attention and loved by everyone. But he also likes to make people feel stupid for booing him. Last year against Pitts he was getting booed all night, But then again he scored a hat trick. You can't honestly say "Jagr is a slouch" he is a very very very talented player which is part of why people dislike him. Hell I disliked Crosby when he came into the league last year because everyone slated him the next Gretzky. But after witnessing the kids pure skill and love of the game I am actually a fan now. I like Ovechkin also but because he came with less hype I never really disliked AO. As for the booing no I havn't heard it directed at one player more than Jagr.

Barbara Underhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2006, 11:39 PM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyfn09 View Post
After going to Ranger sabre games in buffalo and hearing the the Penguins crowd I really feel bad for this guy. Everytime he touches the puck the entire stadium boos him. I have been to plenty of ranger games and cant think of one player that would just be booed for just touching the puck. No matter how much they boo he can still put the puck in the net. Just curious if anyone agrees or knows of any other player that this is done to on daily basis?

Potvin is debased nightly at MSG and he's been retired for 20 years

I Am Chariot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2006, 11:48 PM
True Blue Bleed Blue

Kamensky? Muckler? Low?

True Blue Bleed Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2006, 11:54 PM
Tawnos
A guy with a bass

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue Bleed Blue View Post
Kamensky? Muckler? Low?
I think he meant other teams' players.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cycleandshoot View Post
There's an example.

Wasn't Lindros also booed in multiple stadiums every time he touched the puck?

Penguins fans are just mad that Jagr wanted to make what his value was in the NHL and the team had to trade him.

Tawnos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2006, 12:04 AM
Trottier
Very Random

Quote:
Originally Posted by cycleandshoot View Post
And like Jagr today, the crowd had zero effect on Potvin. In fact, he has his team never won a Cup until after the chanting started.

Fans (some of them) often overrate their importance and impact on what is transpiring on the ice.

Last edited by Trottier: 11-26-2006 at 12:12 AM.
Trottier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2006, 12:08 AM
WheresBarnaby

He should be loving it. Boo's are cheers when your on the road. It means you pose a threat and everyone knows it.

WheresBarnaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2006, 12:18 AM
NYRangerfn09

Quote:
Penguins fans are just mad that Jagr wanted to make what his value was in the NHL and the team had to trade him.
What about the sabres? Guess you have me with potvin but that is just in MSG jagr hears it in quite a few arenas

NYRangerfn09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2006, 12:25 AM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawnos View Post
I think he meant other teams' players.

There's an example.

Wasn't Lindros also booed in multiple stadiums every time he touched the puck?

Lindros would get mercilessly booed whenever he went to Quebec City (back before the Nordiques moved).

BrooklynRangersFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2006, 12:29 AM
BigE

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToeDragFan View Post
He feeds off it I think, Yeah Jaromir loves to be the center of attention and loved by everyone. But he also likes to make people feel stupid for booing him. Last year against Pitts he was getting booed all night, But then again he scored a hat trick. You can't honestly say "Jagr is a slouch" he is a very very very talented player which is part of why people dislike him. Hell I disliked Crosby when he came into the league last year because everyone slated him the next Gretzky. But after witnessing the kids pure skill and love of the game I am actually a fan now. I like Ovechkin also but because he came with less hype I never really disliked AO. As for the booing no I havn't heard it directed at one player more than Jagr.
He feeds off of it? Quite the opposite really. He may have had two points tonight, but he played two good shifts (funny that's all it takes...).

Jaromir, more than anyone else I've ever witnessed lets booing get him off his game.

The booing in Washington and Pittsburgh reminds me of what Jack Johnson got at the WJC last year after his flying elbow on Downey.

BigE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2006, 12:42 AM
True Blue Bleed Blue

Well in that case...Poti will be booed, but obviously not as bad. Brashear has been booed every now and then, but yeah, some teams do have guys they boo relentlessly

True Blue Bleed Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2006, 12:45 AM
MrAlfie

just a bunch of jerks that are booing.

now i know, different circumstances(leetch got traded,jagr requested a trade), but imagine rangers booing leetch.
thats just bs.

MrAlfie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2006, 12:52 AM
Habsy

Jagr has an $11 mil option that kicks in if he wins the Hart, Smythe or Scoring title.

I wouldn't feel too bad for the guy.

Habsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2006, 01:02 AM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

The crowd boo's because they are jealous. They wish they had an elite player like him (buffalo) and they never will.

Pens Boo him cuz they are pissed he's still an elite player and kicks their *** even at 34.

Boo-hoo.......Jagr loves the boos and helps feed the fire in him. Keep booing idiots...its only helping us

FLYLine24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2006, 02:11 AM
zacn

Yeah, I wouldn't feel too bad for him. He's a pro athlete with incredible abilities and to illicit any type of reaction from 18,000 people implies some deal of importance. I feel bad for guys when they are booed at home. That's when you know people actually hate you. On the road, it's just jealousy and frustration.

zacn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2006, 02:14 AM
BringBackStevens

most people would give their left leg to be in his position

theres not many situations where i will feel bad for a pro athlete aside from injury

BringBackStevens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2006, 02:38 AM
KeydGV21

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine88 View Post
The crowd boo's because they are jealous. They wish they had an elite player like him (buffalo) and they never will.

Pens Boo him cuz they are pissed he's still an elite player and kicks their *** even at 34.

Boo-hoo.......Jagr loves the boos and helps feed the fire in him. Keep booing idiots...its only helping us
Yeah, you’re right… when he played in Buffalo we booed him because our complete lack of talent on the roster made us jealous. It had nothing to do with how he punched Paul Gausted in the back of the head on his way to the penalty box (admittedly a pretty weak call). That was late in the first period, there was a small amount of boos before that it wasn’t until his cheap shot the place started booing en masse.

And to say we’ll never have an elite player? Have you seen Buffalo’s roster lately and all the young talent on it? Thomas Vanek in only his 2nd season is showing he has the making of a true superstar and if he ever gets over concussions Tim Connolly could also be an elite player in the league. Now I’m not expecting either of these players to be as good as Jagr for as long as Jagr has been but to say Buffalo won’t have an elite player is laughable. I haven’t even mentioned Ryan Miller or Maxim Afinogenov who both also could make the leap or Daniel Briere who is awfully close to being considered elite already

While not the ideal way to make my first post, your blatant disregard for facts had to be pointed out. It has nothing to do with jealousy, we’ll take our team as it’s currently constructed and not think twice about “never having the elite player” Jagr got booed because he gets frustrated easy, took a cheap shot way after the play and the Buffalo fans noticed.

KeydGV21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2006, 02:55 AM
clefty
What?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawnos View Post
Wrong. It never even got to that and from Jagr's point of view it wasn't about money.

Patrick wasn't sure if the team could afford to keep Jagr, who is set to earn $20.7 million US over the next two seasons, but he was willing to try.

That changed when he spoke with Jagr the day after the season ended.

"We sat down and he said, `What's going on with me?"' Patrick said. "And I said, `Well, I'm going to sit down with the owners and see where our budget is and we'll see how we can keep everybody.

And he said, `No, no, you don't understand. I don't want to be here."'

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/story/2001/...ins010711.html

clefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2006, 03:36 AM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

i went to go see the pens in san jose and crosby got booed everytime he had the puck. most of the people however hadn't a clue who malkin was though.

n8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2006, 03:58 AM
Sanderson

The Crosby-booing in San Jose had nothing to do with him as a person, though
If it had been Malkin or any other player, who did what Crosby did, he would have been the one who got booed.

Sanderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2006, 04:27 AM
Corto
Faceless Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeydGV21 View Post
Jagr got booed because he gets frustrated easy, took a cheap shot way after the play and the Buffalo fans noticed.
Err... Not really... He gets booed cos people try to take him off his game. Crowd got on his face, the little Goose incident was just something for us to get excited about.

If it were cheap shots, Mats Sundin would be booed from the moment the enters HSBC Arena. The King of Punches to the Back of Heads.

Corto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2006, 07:18 AM
shoothepuck

Let 'em boo, he plays better, and it dosen't really bother him, it's mainly Pittsburgh anyway

shoothepuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2006, 07:43 AM
Kluivert4Ever

As Derek Jeter once said.

People dont boo nobodies.

Kluivert4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2006, 08:14 AM
Prucha25Graves988*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyfn09 View Post
I dont feel bad for some one making 12 Million $'s a season and gets booed, give me that money you could boo me all day all night throw tomatoes at me whatever. I guess it may persaonlly bother Jags a bit, but, overall I dont think he cares much anymore, he is a 100 point hockey player making tons of $, so i dotn feel bad for him.

Prucha25Graves988* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2006, 09:05 AM
NYRBLUE 74

Send a message via AIM to NYRBLUE 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prucha25Graves988 View Post
I dont feel bad for some one making 12 Million $'s a season and gets booed, give me that money you could boo me all day all night throw tomatoes at me whatever. I guess it may persaonlly bother Jags a bit, but, overall I dont think he cares much anymore, he is a 100 point hockey player making tons of $, so i dotn feel bad for him.

Yea man, that $285.000 pay check every two weeks helps out alot.... He love's it.

NYRBLUE 74 is offline   Reply With Quote