HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Porter waived - Update: cleared

Old
09-30-2013, 04:33 AM
JustOneB4IDie
Everyone Overpayment

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzy Mandelbaum View Post
Surprised to see Cracknell up and Porter down.
The Blues chose to keep Cracknell, in part, because the club has a logjam of players at left wing, Porterís best position. Cracknell is viewed as a more versatile center and right winger.

Good to know Porter cleared waivers and assigned to the Wolves, but so did everyone else who was waived around the NHL.

JustOneB4IDie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2013, 05:12 AM
frostyflo
#peskyblues

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedinBlueSince1972 View Post
The Blues chose to keep Cracknell, in part, because the club has a logjam of players at left wing, Porterís best position. Cracknell is viewed as a more versatile center and right winger.

Good to know Porter cleared waivers and assigned to the Wolves, but so did everyone else who was waived around the NHL.
not here to correct anyone but I'm pretty sure Porter is the better center of those two and also centered the CPR line.

I think Hitch didn't like what he saw from Porter in camp. it doesn't seem that it was a hard decision to send him down and keep Cracknell.

frostyflo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2013, 11:02 AM
2 Minute Minor
Hi Keeba!

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by frostyflo View Post
not here to correct anyone but I'm pretty sure Porter is the better center of those two and also centered the CPR line.

I think Hitch didn't like what he saw from Porter in camp. it doesn't seem that it was a hard decision to send him down and keep Cracknell.
Well, we THOUGHT Porter was the better center, but that contradicts the most recent set of quotes from Hitchcock (in terms of how he views Cracknell at this time). I guess we'll see, but I doubt Cracknell needs to play center anyway.

2 Minute Minor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2013, 07:12 PM
Rizzo90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzy Mandelbaum View Post
Surprised to see Cracknell up and Porter down.
a few guys including J rutherford & louie K said it had more to do with Porter's contract being more than Cracknell's, Cracknell only 600k & more likely to be snatched up... a gamble & better scenario in keeping them both, which the teams wants to

Rizzo90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2013, 07:36 PM
Daley Tarasenkshow
#hateonbackes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rizzo90 View Post
a few guys including J rutherford & louie K said it had more to do with Porter's contract being more than Cracknell's, Cracknell only 600k & more likely to be snatched up... a gamble & better scenario in keeping them both, which the teams wants to
This is exactly right, and I doubt Porter goes the whole season without playing a game. he's gonna get an NHL shot one way or another. Injuries do happen.

Daley Tarasenkshow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2013, 09:04 AM
Renard

So, what happens with Porter now? He is still under contract with us and we still have to pay him per the contract he signed last Spring, right? Will he be playing for the Chicago AHL team?

Renard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2013, 09:55 AM
Daley Tarasenkshow
#hateonbackes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renard View Post
So, what happens with Porter now? He is still under contract with us and we still have to pay him per the contract he signed last Spring, right? Will he be playing for the Chicago AHL team?
Yep he will be playing with Chicago.

Daley Tarasenkshow is offline   Reply With Quote