HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Look like Plekanec is back Between Samsonov and Kovalev !

Old
11-26-2006, 10:13 AM
Mike8

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsArea View Post
Name me only one player that seems to have any kind of chimestry with Kovalev??
Koivu.

It might not have lasted long, but they certainly had chemistry. The two of them were also the primary factors in Montreal scoring that overtime win over Buffalo on Friday, and they were on the PP together for Koivu's goal last night.

Ribeiro and Kovalev had some chemistry. Granted, the line needed a left-winger that was defensively responsible, but they certainly had longer-lasting chemistry offensively.

Lang. Lang is perfect for Kovalev. And I can name more players from Kovalev's career prior to Montreal.

It's true that Kovalev is particular about the types of players he's playing with, but that's not necessarily a bad thing, it just means the coaching staff needs to work a little harder.

There's a reason Gainey and Carbonneau hold Kovalev in such high regard, you know. Kovalev is not lazy.

Mike8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2006, 10:27 AM
Stefan_Latulippe

Quote:
Finally, Ribs has only 8 more pts than Pleks with 60 games to do in the season and the bad news for Mr. Latullipe is that Pleks is back on the second line, playing with much more confidence..
His goal is not to outscore Ribs this season but to get 60 points.....if he does, it would be good news for the Habs and a good news for the Habs is a good news for Mr Latulippe.

Quote:
The scoring chances are there as well as the same usual work ethic and strong 2-way game...
Are we talking about Bulis..... a 2-way game without results in the O-Zone equal to a ONE-dimension player.....

Quote:
At least this line has a certain potential and may improve if the lazzy Russian wake up and start playing real hockey!!!
So the lazzy Russian is affecting the poor little Pleks but he was not affecting Ribs... WOW!!!!

Stefan_Latulippe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2006, 11:13 AM
ECWHSWI
Spartan mic'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan_Latulippe View Post
His goal is not to outscore Ribs this season but to get 60 points.....if he does, it would be good news for the Habs and a good news for the Habs is a good news for Mr Latulippe.

Are we talking about Bulis..... a 2-way game without results in the O-Zone equal to a ONE-dimension player.....

So the lazzy Russian is affecting the poor little Pleks but he was not affecting Ribs... WOW!!!!
Wrong, Ribeiro's production dropped when playing with Kovalev... come on, the guy managed more points on a line with Ryder and -> Dagenais ?? ain't that something...

ECWHSWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2006, 11:28 AM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan_Latulippe View Post

Bulis has basically no offensive flair, overrated hockey sense and is a mediocre hockey player to cycle and keep possession of the puck... Plekanec is just a way better fundamental hockey player with nice offensive skills...

Ribeiro, anywhere he plays, will always have some major weakness in his game and will never be able to face other teams top lines 5 on 5 without being outplayed, outchanced... Pleks on another side, has what it takes to compete against anyone in this league and make a team better(what we could see last playoffs against Stall)... Still, you may doubt about his capacities to center a second line but its laughable to think he isnt a quality NHLer... Still 60 games remaining until the season end... I say you he has the offensive skills to be a good 2nd line center in the NHL.. So we wait and see how it goes...

NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2006, 02:09 PM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike8 View Post
Koivu.

It might not have lasted long, but they certainly had chemistry. The two of them were also the primary factors in Montreal scoring that overtime win over Buffalo on Friday, and they were on the PP together for Koivu's goal last night.

Ribeiro and Kovalev had some chemistry. Granted, the line needed a left-winger that was defensively responsible, but they certainly had longer-lasting chemistry offensively.

Lang. Lang is perfect for Kovalev. And I can name more players from Kovalev's career prior to Montreal.

It's true that Kovalev is particular about the types of players he's playing with, but that's not necessarily a bad thing, it just means the coaching staff needs to work a little harder.

There's a reason Gainey and Carbonneau hold Kovalev in such high regard, you know. Kovalev is not lazy.
The way Kovalev is actually playing, I doubt he could find any real chimestry with anyone in this league... Maybe its his injury but one thing sure, he has no step at the moment, he just cant skate, he just slide on the ice... Plekanec has played 2 strong games lately and this is certainly not his fault if the puck didnt go in the net more.

NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2006, 02:15 PM
waffledave
waffledave, from hf

I thought the line played well last night. I always thought breaking up the line in the first place was a bad idea...Yes they had trouble initially but they got better and better each game, and Pleks especially was busting his *** out there. I was baffled when he got demoted.

People are so fickle sometimes...And they seem to think that immesely talented and experienced players like Samsonov and Kovalev can't adapt or something...Samsonov had troulbe playing with Kovalev earlier but now they mesh pretty damn well. It takes time for players to get used to each other, especially Kovalev who is extremely unpredictable.

waffledave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2006, 03:22 PM
goalchenyuk

Quote:
The way Kovalev is actually playing, I doubt he could find any real chimestry with anyone in this league... Maybe its his injury but one thing sure, he has no step at the moment, he just cant skate, he just slide on the ice... Plekanec has played 2 strong games lately and this is certainly not his fault if the puck didnt go in the net more.
and it's not his fault when the puck did go in the net too ...

Plekanec ; 6 points , 22 games = 22-23 points , complete season .

Ribeiro 65 points for a season = 3 seasons of Plekanec .

goalchenyuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2006, 06:42 PM
Habitant#1

Quote:
Originally Posted by #ZAMBONI# View Post

True, but Ribeiro will have 3x more goals scored against him, so it balances out. There's more to a playe than his point production.

Habitant#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2006, 06:43 PM
Little Nilan

Send a message via AIM to Little Nilan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habitant#1 View Post
True, but Ribeiro will have 3x more goals scored against him, so it balances out. There's more to a playe than his point production.
As many have said it before, he's stronger this year.

Little Nilan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2006, 07:22 PM
ECWHSWI
Spartan mic'

Quote:
Originally Posted by #ZAMBONI# View Post

Not the season he played with Kovalev, that's for sure...

Old
11-26-2006, 08:30 PM
pepperMonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
Not the season he played with Kovalev, that's for sure...
err...you're right. That year it was only 2 seasons of Plekanec...(admittedly that wasn't a full season with Kovalev...) strangely I don't think that was what you were trying to say...I must be missing something...

Last edited by pepperMonkey: 11-26-2006 at 08:41 PM. Reason: grammer correction
pepperMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2006, 08:36 PM
pepperMonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habitant#1 View Post
umm...he was only -6 last year...(though he did have that awful -14 before the last 20+ games...) and +15 (2nd on team after *cough* *cough* breezy) the season before that...where do you get 3x times from? I must be off my rocker but it just doesn't compute...gah, getting old...my math must be getting rusty.

pepperMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2006, 06:34 AM
ECWHSWI
Spartan mic'

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepperMonkey View Post
err...you're right. That year it was only 2 seasons of Plekanec...(admittedly that wasn't a full season with Kovalev...) strangely I don't think that was what you were trying to say...I must be missing something...
True, that wasnt what I was trying to say. Point is, Ribeiro's production dropped about 20% playing alongside Kovalev, Plekanec (at this pace) will see his production drop about 20% too playing with Kovalev (compared to his first year)... so I don't see where it could be Plekanec's fault only...

People tend to forget that Plekanec got 30 points (29 exaclty) as a rookie on a defensive role (3rd line), considering he had to play with guys like Bulis, Sundstrom, Zednik, etc during that year... that's pretty good!

People are all saying Higgins had a good season last year (rightfully so) with 38 points, considering he ended the year on a 1st line with Koivu and had PP time... I don't know... if 38 points for a rookie who played part of the season on a 1st line with Koivu is good, one assume 30 points for a rookie who played a defensive role aint that bad either... don't you think ?

Higgins (now Latendresse) and Perezhogin are doing well, they're playing with linemates that don't mind having a rookie on the left, maybe it's time to do the same with Plekanec - give him the right forwards, the guy's still young, hes fast and makes great passes (he's right behing Koivu, Markov and Kovalev in that dept IMO).

He needs to gain some weight thoug because at his size he's way too easy to push around, besides that, he has all the skills to do the job on a 2nd line.