HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

OKC Barons 2013/14

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
09-30-2013, 04:27 PM
  #76
N5991989
Oilers Fan
 
N5991989's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,337
vCash: 500
The thing is we need Roy to play games and if he is the back up then he is not playing games. That is why I feel Bunz may be in the better position.

N5991989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2013, 04:37 PM
  #77
dem
Registered User
 
dem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,579
vCash: 500
Klefbom.. you cant be serious...

dem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2013, 05:34 PM
  #78
zbryne
Registered User
 
zbryne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Austin Texas
Posts: 642
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to zbryne
Omark shootout attempt from the OKC/SA preseason game.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pdmjl0at6s...928_194309.mp4

zbryne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2013, 06:51 PM
  #79
HockeyFan4Life
Registered User
 
HockeyFan4Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Oklahoma City
Country: United States
Posts: 693
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to HockeyFan4Life Send a message via Yahoo to HockeyFan4Life
Rimmer was assigned to Quad City of the Central Hockey League!

HockeyFan4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2013, 07:35 PM
  #80
Digger12
Registered User
 
Digger12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Defending the border
Posts: 14,499
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zbryne View Post
Omark shootout attempt from the OKC/SA preseason game.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pdmjl0at6s...928_194309.mp4
Thanks.

Unfortunately, just more of the usual gimmickry from Omark that's long on originality but short on concrete results.

It pretty much sums up his NHL tenure.

This guy is a pale shadow of what he was dominating the SEL. I remember seeing one shootout/penalty shot from him back then when he came in full speed at the goalie, and just blew a slapshot by the goalie top corner. The goalie didn't even move. THAT was the Omark who was full of confidence in his ability.

Whatever's wearing Omark's skin these days, isn't the same player.

Digger12 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2013, 12:57 PM
  #81
NAF
Beauty Fakes
 
NAF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,879
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digger12 View Post
Thanks.

Unfortunately, just more of the usual gimmickry from Omark that's long on originality but short on concrete results.

It pretty much sums up his NHL tenure.

This guy is a pale shadow of what he was dominating the SEL. I remember seeing one shootout/penalty shot from him back then when he came in full speed at the goalie, and just blew a slapshot by the goalie top corner. The goalie didn't even move. THAT was the Omark who was full of confidence in his ability.

Whatever's wearing Omark's skin these days, isn't the same player.
Huh? This was a killer shootout attempt. He beat that goalie as clean as anything. Had him flopping all over the ice. He just hit the post, is all.

I agree that Omark looked like he'd lost a bigtime step in the Oilers' preseason games, but this particular shootout attempt is hardly good evidence of that. Hell, if anything, it's the exact opposite. It's the first thing I've seen from him since his return to North America that looks like the player I liked so much 3 seasons ago.

NAF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2013, 01:04 PM
  #82
Groucho
Tier 1 Fan
 
Groucho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Displaced
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,617
vCash: 500
Update on Klefbom is that the boot is off, it was a bruised foot, he'll be back skating tomorrow as per @ericrsports

Groucho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2013, 06:50 PM
  #83
Trafalgar Law
Waive Dallas Eakins
 
Trafalgar Law's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 5,398
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Groucho View Post
Update on Klefbom is that the boot is off, it was a bruised foot, he'll be back skating tomorrow as per @ericrsports
Thank goodness, it would be a disaster for him to miss more time at such a critical point in his development.

Trafalgar Law is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2013, 08:24 PM
  #84
Digger12
Registered User
 
Digger12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Defending the border
Posts: 14,499
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAF View Post
Huh? This was a killer shootout attempt. He beat that goalie as clean as anything. Had him flopping all over the ice. He just hit the post, is all.

I agree that Omark looked like he'd lost a bigtime step in the Oilers' preseason games, but this particular shootout attempt is hardly good evidence of that. Hell, if anything, it's the exact opposite. It's the first thing I've seen from him since his return to North America that looks like the player I liked so much 3 seasons ago.
You know what? I apologize. I watched it again, and you're right. He cleanly hit the post on that one. When I first saw it I had it in my head that the goalie had saved it.

Digger12 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2013, 11:03 AM
  #85
Usual_Suspect
Registered User
 
Usual_Suspect's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: 3 hours South
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,818
vCash: 500
@ericrsports
Broda and Schaber not there, released. Abney gone as well, to Bakersfield. #OKCBarons #oilers

@ericrsports
Seems like the feeling of Abney on his way out continues as Lizon beats him in camp. #OKCBarons #oilers

Usual_Suspect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2013, 11:33 AM
  #86
Beerfish
Registered User
 
Beerfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 10,751
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Usual_Suspect View Post
@ericrsports
Broda and Schaber not there, released. Abney gone as well, to Bakersfield. #OKCBarons #oilers

@ericrsports
Seems like the feeling of Abney on his way out continues as Lizon beats him in camp. #OKCBarons #oilers
Abney was a travesty of a pick the moment he was selected. Zero loss at all. Should have been released before camp if it was possible.

Beerfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2013, 07:29 PM
  #87
Patch101
Registered User
 
Patch101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Kamloops
Posts: 1,550
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Patch101 Send a message via AIM to Patch101 Send a message via Yahoo to Patch101
Howz okc's roster shaping up? hard to hear whats happening. On vacation and would like to know.

Patch101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2013, 10:11 PM
  #88
rockinghockey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 6,402
vCash: 500
Klefbom will always be a walking band aid

rockinghockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2013, 10:33 PM
  #89
Groucho
Tier 1 Fan
 
Groucho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Displaced
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,617
vCash: 500
I think OKC's season starts tomorrow.

Klefbom skated today in a no contact jersey.

Groucho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2013, 06:42 AM
  #90
VayaConDios
Registered User
 
VayaConDios's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 590
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patch101 View Post
Howz okc's roster shaping up? hard to hear whats happening. On vacation and would like to know.
Goaltenders: Richard Bachman, Olivier Roy

Defensemen: Brandon Davidson, David Musil, Oscar Klefbom, Martin Marincin, Joey Leach, Taylor Fedun, Brad Hunt, Philip Larsen, Martin Gernat

Forwards: Ben Eager, Travis Ewanyk, Matt Ford, Austin Fyten, Ryan Hamilton, Ryan Jones, Kale Kessy, Anton Lander, Erick Lizon, Ryan Martindale, Andrew Miller, Derek Nesbitt, Linus Omark, Tyler Pitlick, C.J. Stretch, Nicholas Tremblay

http://okcbarons.com/index.cfm?fa=pr...E-53492E8C40E0

VayaConDios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2013, 07:17 AM
  #91
LaGu
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Taino
Posts: 1,615
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinghockey View Post
Klefbom will always be a walking band aid
Reference?

LaGu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2013, 10:08 AM
  #92
rockinghockey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 6,402
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaGu View Post
Reference?
Ref him always getting injured since he has been drafted; word was he was injured again but it is a bruise.

I hope I am wrong but I don't think he will be able to be what we all want him to as he will be injured too much, a lot like Pitkanen.

rockinghockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2013, 10:11 AM
  #93
Petro Points
Registered User
 
Petro Points's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 14,343
vCash: 885
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaGu View Post
Reference?
Melman Klefbom - Madagascar

Petro Points is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2013, 11:16 AM
  #94
MeestaDeteta
Registered User
 
MeestaDeteta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Saskazoo
Posts: 7,426
vCash: 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinghockey View Post
Ref him always getting injured since he has been drafted; word was he was injured again but it is a bruise.

I hope I am wrong but I don't think he will be able to be what we all want him to as he will be injured too much, a lot like Pitkanen.
A little too early to say he's going to be injury prone, but I agree that it's look concerning. Already two injury scares this year with him.

MeestaDeteta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2013, 11:16 AM
  #95
MeestaDeteta
Registered User
 
MeestaDeteta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Saskazoo
Posts: 7,426
vCash: 139
I believe OKC season starts tonight, no? Any projected line-ups out there?

MeestaDeteta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2013, 01:05 PM
  #96
Baronsfan
Registered User
 
Baronsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 511
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeestaDeteta View Post
I believe OKC season starts tonight, no? Any projected line-ups out there?
Nesbitt-Lander-Omark
HAmilton-Martindale-Ford
Jones-Stretch-Pitlick
Kessy-Ewanyk-Lizon

Marincin-Fedun
Davidson-Larsen
Musil-Gernat

Bachman

Correction: Hunt in place of Musil, and Tremblay subs in for Hamilton & is playing on 3rd line. Jones moves up to 2nd line.


Last edited by Baronsfan: 10-04-2013 at 06:45 PM.
Baronsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2013, 01:35 PM
  #97
dnicks17
Moderator
.
 
dnicks17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,592
vCash: 500
Nice.

I really like the looks of that line-up.

dnicks17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2013, 01:42 PM
  #98
sandhu111
Registered User
 
sandhu111's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Edmonton, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 294
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinghockey View Post
Klefbom will always be a walking band aid
hes playing the game after the season opener.. he took a puck off the foot, but yea i hope no more of these injuries

sandhu111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2013, 04:13 PM
  #99
MeestaDeteta
Registered User
 
MeestaDeteta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Saskazoo
Posts: 7,426
vCash: 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baronsfan View Post
Nesbitt-Lander-Omark
HAmilton-Martindale-Ford
Jones-Stretch-Pitlick
Kessy-Ewanyk-Lizon

Marincin-Fedun
Davidson-Larsen
Musil-Gernat

Bachman
Very decent looking line-up. OKC should be tearing it up this year.

MeestaDeteta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2013, 10:14 PM
  #100
RoboNerdOK
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Oklahoma City Metro
Country: United States
Posts: 239
vCash: 500
A just-okay opening game for the Barons. Bachman had two bad goals against. He turned it up in the second half of the game though.

Jonesy had a nice one-timer goal, and another disallowed with a goaltender interference penalty tacked on top. Once they gained confidence back in Bachman, it seemed like the scramble went away, and a fast attacking team took its place.

So there are very good signs there, despite the final score.

Kevin Lowe was here to see Keegan play... but I thought he was pretty much invisible.

RoboNerdOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:33 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.