HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

GDT: 25//11/06 Philadelphia @ Montreal 7 PM EST RDS

Closed Thread

Old
11-25-2006, 09:54 PM
Tricolore#20
PK PK PK

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habhob View Post
Play Huet

What ever happened to the great GOALIE like Plante, Worsley, Vachon, Dryden, or Roy. Where does Carbo get this all goalies are equal from, they aren't.
3 games in 4 nights, Aebischer was definitely expected to play at least one of those games. I don't blame Carbonneau at all. Aebischer failed him today, not the other way around.

Old
11-25-2006, 09:55 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Would we REALLY have that much of a better chance if we started Huet, playing his second game in less than 24 hours (and I'll remind you that the game went to overtime against the best team in the league who kept Huet busy all night long)?

Somehow I doubt it. I like Huet as much as the next guy but I don't think it was a bad decision at all to start Aebischer here. However he should be seeing the pine for a number of games barring a Huet meltdown.

Old
11-25-2006, 10:00 PM
sheed36

I had a feeling the Habs would lose tonight.What is it with the Habs and losing on Saturday night? Oh well can't win them all but I do expect a win against the bottom feeders.Although the Flyers seem to be turning things around a little bit lately.

Old
11-25-2006, 10:01 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheed36 View Post
I had a feeling the Habs would lose tonight.What is it with the Habs and losing on Saturday night? Oh well can't win them all but I do expect a win against the bottom feeders.Although the Flyers seem to be turning things around a little bit lately.
Yeah I was actually thinking of checking our record on Saturday night games, it seems to be terrible. But then I got lazy.

Old
11-25-2006, 10:02 PM
DieHardHabs

yea i agree... i noticed before .. the habs suck on saturdays... i usually get prolines and i never bet on them on sat.. infact i jus skip the games ha...

Old
11-25-2006, 10:11 PM
ppil

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheed36 View Post
Me too but the way the habs started the game gave me hope. But right now I'm really pissed, since the Beginning of the season I really noticed that Ryder was keeping the puch way too much, imo he tries to stay the best scorer of the habs so he always shoot and it's been uglier latetly since he doesn't score so he shoots even more to get his goals. Tonight he tried to be the Hero and he did an ugly play...

Old
11-25-2006, 10:11 PM
madbox

WOW so we lost to the Flyers tonight. I am like, so shocked.

Really getting sick of the dives every night in the NHL and officials not cracking down on it for once. Plekanec may be a marked man... but Richards' huge splash was a great way to start tonight's game, too.

And why change a winning lineup at all aside from the goalie on back to backs- Niinimaa over Streit? bah. I could do without.

Old
11-25-2006, 10:20 PM
MM425

Relax guys... The boys were just too tired from beating the best team in the league the night before .

They carried most of the play during the game... unfortunately Abby just couldn't come up with big save when needed.

Old
11-25-2006, 10:22 PM
KaptainKourage*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackattack View Post
Relax guys... The boys were just too tired from beating the best team in the league the night before .

They carried most of the play during the game... unfortunately Abby just couldn't come up with big save when needed.
This post just relax me like hell. I want NO-ONE to quote him and disagree, whatever their argument are. I want to keep this post fresh in my memory and forget this lose.

Yes. Everything gotta be allright sweetie. Yes. Yes.

need a gf. need a gf. need a gf. need a gf. need a gf.

Old
11-25-2006, 10:30 PM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
I can't believe people are blaming Aebischer?

Personally, I'm blaming Ryder for shooting the puck right at the other team and turning the puck over. Aebischer made some HUGE saves.

Old
11-25-2006, 10:46 PM
yukoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
I can't believe people are blaming Aebischer?

Personally, I'm blaming Ryder for shooting the puck right at the other team and turning the puck over. Aebischer made some HUGE saves.
I can't believe people can blame Ryder. Aebi let in as many goals tonight as Huet in the last 3 games. We dominated the scoring chances and got COMPLETELY out goalied.

All 3 lines played excellent, and we got let down in goal, that's the bottom line. I don't think you can ever blame one player completely for a loss, but this is as close as it gets.

If Aebi could cover a basic rebound, Philly doesn't score 2 of those goals. Most of Aeb's HUGE saves are because he's out of position and has to do a huge kick save, 3 out of 4 of those goals were weak, due to either bad rebound control or bad positioning.

Old
11-25-2006, 11:14 PM
Munchausen
Full Time A-hole

Quote:
Originally Posted by yukoner View Post
I can't believe people can blame Ryder. Aebi let in as many goals tonight as Huet in the last 3 games. We dominated the scoring chances and got COMPLETELY out goalied.

All 3 lines played excellent, and we got let down in goal, that's the bottom line. I don't think you can ever blame one player completely for a loss, but this is as close as it gets.

If Aebi could cover a basic rebound, Philly doesn't score 2 of those goals. Most of Aeb's HUGE saves are because he's out of position and has to do a huge kick save, 3 out of 4 of those goals were weak, due to either bad rebound control or bad positioning.
I'll have to agree with that. Aebischer was flip-flopping all over the place tonight. His "huge" saves were just a matter of him not being correctly positioned. If a rebound shot came to him, he was just completelly out of the play by that time. I think Aebischer has just bought his ticket back to riding the pine. He hasn't been attrocious mind you, but clear cut bellow Nitty and when you have Huet playing so well, you know he's not going to see much ice in the coming weeks.

All of that being said, there were can't miss open net chances, especially in the first, that we missed. Those always come back to bite you.

Last edited by Munchausen: 11-25-2006 at 11:19 PM.
Old
11-25-2006, 11:36 PM
sheed36

Can't blame it on Abei.The Habs looked bad in the 2nd and it cost them the game.Anyway I have had enough hockey talk for one night.Been arguing with a couple of Bruin fans over on the National Hockey League Talk board about overpaid players.It makes you want to See you guys next game.

Old
11-26-2006, 01:51 AM
Turbo

Back from the game... I put this one in the "**** happens" category. Sometimes, the bounces just don't go you're way. At all. Nettymaki did very well.

That's about it... let's bounce back right away from this and let's put it behind us.

Go Habs Go!

Old
11-26-2006, 10:27 AM
HH
GO HABS GO!

Still have a bitter feeling after last night, a game we had and we let Philly had it, but oh well we need to forget about this game and battle Florida on Tuesday.

Old
11-26-2006, 12:41 PM
NewGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by habs911 View Post
Still have a bitter feeling after last night, a game we had and we let Philly had it, but oh well we need to forget about this game and battle Florida on Tuesday.
They should be able to beat Florida, one of the worst road teams, on Tuesday and keep their streak of no back-to-back losses going. Responding to a loss with a better performance next game is one of the bigger improvements from the team this season. It also seems to be something the team is focusing on doing to become more than just a marginal playoff team.

Old
11-26-2006, 01:06 PM
canadian_man_44

There have been a lot of posts about playing Abby and not Huet in this game. Yes, Abby had a bad game, there's really no argument there, but, Abby did kind of carry the team at the start of the season when Huet wasn't playing that great. Anyway, Huet is without a doubt the number one goalie on this team while Abby is the backup. Carbo made a good call playing Abby in this game. You have to give the backup some starts at least to keep him in game shape just in case at some point Huet gets injured(God forbid) and we need Abby to play for a couple weeks.

Old
11-26-2006, 01:29 PM
Souffle
A soupçon of nutmeg

Quote:
Originally Posted by yukoner View Post

I sort of agree. Aebischer makes ordinary saves look good because he's always lunging at the puck. He's an athletic goalie, and sometimes makes really good saves, but overall I'm not sure how well he reads the game. At least, it's hard to tell because his style is so different from Huet, who plays well when he seems hardly to move and just lets the puck hit him.

Old
11-26-2006, 01:58 PM
baldrick

The positive:
- takeaways 12 outnumbered giveaways 9
- 22 blocked shots!
- team face-off % 59

The negative:
- 2 goals on 31 shots vs 4 goals on 26 shots for Philly
- 24 missed shots

Yes Abby didn't have his best game but the Habs still aren't scoring.

Old
11-26-2006, 02:49 PM
Team_Spirit
Gangsta Pleks

vCash: 1200
Quote:
Originally Posted by baldrick View Post
The positive:
- takeaways 12 outnumbered giveaways 9
- 22 blocked shots!
- team face-off % 59

The negative:
- 2 goals on 31 shots vs 4 goals on 26 shots for Philly
- 24 missed shots

Yes Abby didn't have his best game but the Habs still aren't scoring.
Yeah i mean Higgins is still leading our fowards for goals scored and missed 9 of the 22 games..

Old
11-26-2006, 05:51 PM
The Prospector

I was at the Bell Center for the first time in my life and I'm happy I was there for a great game. Honestly, great plays on each side, unfortunately, some bad luck by the Habs and Flyers taking their opportunities made them win the game. Normally i'm watching only Junior hockey in person and it was the first NHL game I saw in my life and here are my toughts on the game even if i'm not really use to watch this hockey "live".

On the Habs side;

I liked Koivu's game, he's really taking his game to another level. The problem on this line is that both players, Lats and Ryder are unidimensional players. They have some problems in defense play and they are mostly offensive guys, different styles, but offensive guys. Higgins was more of a complete player than Latendresse, that's for sure, but anyway, Lats is making a great work on the 1st line for a 19 years old. So Koivu had a great game at both ends of the ice. Working hard and he's starting to be more confident with the puck, doing some great dekes to enter in the offensive zone, what we didn't see enough last season. He got so many great scoring chances that I just can't recall them all. Even in PK he did a great job getting chances and not causing chances at the other end. I totally liked him for the first time i saw him.
I didn't really like Ryder to be honest. As I think Dany Dube was saying, Ryder is working hard in the corners to get the pucks, and getting speed etc... But he's not that kind of guy, he gotta find the open spaces to get some shots at the net, he's a scorer. If he don't do that and don't manage to get some goals he doesn't have his place on the 1st trio, plain simple.
I liked what I saw from Gui. Last time I saw him live, was in Chicoutimi when he was with Voltigeurs. He's simply not the same player. He wants to play there and he's making all the efforts to do so, great work!

2nd trio was phenomenal.... for the center they got there. Ok I'll start with the negative and end with the positive. I love the work that Plekanec is doing and I think he's a great player for the Habs, just not on the 2nd line. He's keeping the play simple, chipping the puck down the opposing zone, chasing it and etc... but Kovalev and Samsonov are not that kind of players. They love to deke, make some spectacular plays and keeping the puck. So I think they'd need a more skilled guy for Kovy and Sammy.
Kovy.. just WOW! When you think to it, what a trade it was for him. Not costing a lot and when he plays like yesterday, DAMM he's good. So strong along the boards, amazing with the puck he can just do anything with it. He was the greatest player I saw on the ice yesterday. He's not a backchecker, but i can't just say much, every thing is in this player.
Sammy was great too, tough he's not as good as Kovy for controlling the play and shot. He's an awesome skater with awesome dekes while moving, he made some great plays to create space with his speed.

I liked what I saw from Radek Bonk. He's got a good skating, awesome toughness on the boards, protected the puck really well yesterday, I liked that. Great vision of the play, he sees the open man, and he's play in D was great.

Finally, Steve Begin, it's easy to see that he doesn't have much talent, but his work ethic is the greatest i've seen in all my years in hockey. Never stopping, always working, blocking shots, getting up even in pain, blocking another, and another... Roughing other players giving great checks I like his style.

In D, I liked Markov for his amazing offensive skills, his great tape to tape passes. I think he should go to the net more in PP so he could be another open man and create some chances. His defense play is great too, keeping the play simple and getting the puck without being penalized.

Souray was horrible, i'm sorry, I like this guy, but his defense play is starting to be an handicap to the team. He waits in front of his net to see what will happen and it causes open ice for the opposing players. It resulted in a goal from Mike Knuble and Gagné.

Aebischer was ok, nothing flashy except for is strech save on a 2 vs 1 and nothing terrible except maybe the fact he fell on 2nd goal.

Old
11-26-2006, 07:25 PM
NewGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Prospector View Post
Souray was horrible, i'm sorry, I like this guy, but his defense play is starting to be an handicap to the team. He waits in front of his net to see what will happen and it causes open ice for the opposing players. It resulted in a goal from Mike Knuble and Gagné.
Souray was at fault for the Gagne goal, he shouldn't have played the puck back in front of the net like that. However he wasn't even on the ice for Knuble's goal or any of the other Flyers' goals.

Old
11-26-2006, 07:26 PM
DeadPool

Thought I'd give some thoughts to last night's game:

-It was my 4th time at the Bell Centre this year, I'm currently 2-2.

-The Flyers of the 1st Period were the worst NHL team I've ever seen play in my life. Me and my buddy couldn't stop laughing about them. They were AWFUL. Our 4th line was more dominating then any of their lines.

-Had we scored a second goal in the first period, we would have won the game. No way the Flyers would have comeback from 0-2. Too bad we wasted incredible chances in the first.

-Someone lit a fire under the Flyers during the first intermission. They came out blazing and the Habs were basically sleepwalking.

What I like about the Canadiens so far this year:

-I'm madly in love with the Perezhogin/Bonk/Johnson line. They're amazing. It's the best Habs line I've seen in the past 5 years. These guys do everything right. They're even more amazing to watch live.

-Latendresse is getting there. I'm a serious Tender-fan. (Saw him play in Drummond almost 20 times.) In the first game I went (Colorado), he looked totally lost. Against Jersey, he was still struggling to find his place. Last week against Atlanta, he looked good. Last night was the same. I can't believe how good he looks right now on the ice. The upside to this kid is unbelievable.

-Huet last week against Atlanta was fantastic. The man is back and we're even better because of him.

-Our defense is pretty darn good. We can mix it up with everybody.

Old
11-27-2006, 04:03 PM
The Prospector

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewGuy View Post
Souray was at fault for the Gagne goal, he shouldn't have played the puck back in front of the net like that. However he wasn't even on the ice for Knuble's goal or any of the other Flyers' goals.

Yeah sorry, on Knuble's goal it was Komi's fault letting Flyers player go around the net.

Closed Thread