HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Vasicek = Horrible

Old
11-19-2006, 02:08 PM
Pelle

vCash: 500
Vasicek = Horrible

What is going on with this guy. Dealt for Walker to supply solid 2nd or 3rd line scoring and has not done anything. I know he recoved from a hip flexor injury but he just seems lost out there. Any concerns about him?

Pelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2006, 02:11 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

He is playing on the fourth line with odd minutes and no pp time. What do you expect? He is great positionally, weak at accelerating, but good at both ends of the ice. If Fiddler wasn't doing so well with Dumont and Sullivan, I think he would be a very good fit in between the two. He has terrific hands and gets in the right spot....the problem is he really hasn't had much of a chance this year. When he was getting ice time, we weren't playing team defense. Now that he is back, the lines are pretty much set in stone. Heck, Scottie Upshall is being scratched every night as well.....at least Josef is getting into the lineup on a semi-regular basis.

11-19-2006, 08:52 PM
Jarnberg

Vasicek hasn't performed as well offensively, but his defense has been a bit of a surprise. Right now he's playing on a physical line with Arnott and Hartnell.

He seems a bit snake bite sometimes, but overall his play hasn't been terrible. That being said, we'll need him to start chipping in some more goals now.

Jarnberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2006, 10:21 PM
Brown Angel

Good Evening Preds fans,

I'm with the feller who said that he seemed snakebit. I think he has great hands, great positioning, a good mind, sneaky stickhandling, and I also think he is a lot faster than people think. Many folks look to that one breakaway chance he couldn't get to, but he had been on the ice too long at that point and was winded. Last nite I saw him outskate a couple of potential icing calls. I think if we're patient with Josef, he will reap massive dividends.

Yours,
Jon

Brown Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2006, 11:00 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

His skating is about average, maybe a bit below, it is his acceleration that is poor. Once he gets started, he is fine, but getting started is the chore .

Enoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2006, 06:24 AM
DeathFromAbove

Thanks for Walker

DeathFromAbove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2006, 05:55 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanDFA View Post
Thanks for Walker
You're welcome, have fun when he goes on IR and he will.

triggrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2006, 11:22 PM
PredDave

I didn't think Vasicek looked all that bad out there tonight, but the stats don't lie: 0 shots on goal, 0 points, even +/- rating....

he was a ghost on the scoresheet

PredDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2006, 11:23 PM
Stars-Preds

Yeah sorry this trade has been a complete disaster so far. I'm starting to doubt Poile's abilities in dealing (Witt for 1st rounder/Beech and now Walker for Vasicek). I understand our team is doing fine but those are two assets (1st rounder and Walker) that we did not capitalize on at all.

Stars-Preds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2006, 10:31 AM
Hazeltherabbit

He looked so good in the pre-season too. Now he has been non-existant. He might just need some time. Come on Joe, show us something.

Hazeltherabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2006, 11:16 AM
vopatsrash

With the injury history of both players, this trade canít be graded until later in the season.

I think most people knew at the time of the trade that if Walker is healthy for a full season and on top of his game, heís a better overall player than Vasicek at his best. Also, you have to keep in mind that part of the thought process in trading walker was that we supposedly have a younger, more skilled version of Walker in Upshall. I know I thought at the time that if you look at it as upgrading Walker with Upshall and getting a big center it wasnít a bad idea. Right or wrong, Trotz just hasnít played Upshall, nor has he used Vasicek much at center.

If Walker is hurt and/or not on his game, Vasicek could fit the Predsí needs better than, say, the April 06 walker that had no shot due to his wrist and had essentially become Blair Atcheynum making Scott Walker-in-his-prime money.

Iíve only watched a lot of 5 minute snippets of Carolina games flipping around on center ice, but never one full game. How is Walker being utilized in Carolina? Would Walker be put in the same position to score in Nashville, or would Trotz be using him exclusively with Nichol/Tootoo and on the penalty kill? As with most Predator player evaluations (and Mexican restaurant decisions...), you have to consider the Trotz Factor.

vopatsrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2006, 10:51 AM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

The way I look at it is, we traded Dumont for Walker and signed Vasichek.

triggrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2006, 12:17 PM
Basher
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Basher Send a message via MSN to Basher Send a message via Skype™ to Basher
Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman View Post
The way I look at it is, we traded Dumont for Walker and signed Vasichek.
That takes a little of the edge off...

I think he looked better against Detroit. He is pressing a little bit, but if he could snap out of it I think he will be fairly productive.

Basher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2006, 01:34 PM
PredDave

I think Vasicek is slowly looking better each game out there...

I was impressed with his chippiness last night -- I never expected him to mix it up.

PredDave is offline   Reply With Quote