HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

who gets sent down?

Closed Thread

Old
01-15-2004, 05:06 AM
Mr Sakich

vCash: 500
who gets sent down?

if smith is activated for tonights game, someone has to be punted off the roster. Stoll, semenov,and hemsky don't have to clear waivers but it doesn't make sense to play with their confidence by sending them to the minors (Toronto).

Is today the day Lowe pulls the trigger on a trade? I personally would like to see two guys go and rita called up. Horcoff + laraque for Ott's first may work.

Old
01-15-2004, 05:09 AM
jadeddog

i am not a horcoff fan by a longshot, but lately he has been pretty solid, so im not sure i would want to let him go, especially considering his age.... the more i think about it though, the more i think that the oilers need to cut BG loose..... i really like the guy, but he just doesnt bring what the oilers need.... in todays instigator-penalty NHL, i think the oilers have enough "team toughness" to get by

Old
01-15-2004, 05:15 AM
H-Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Sakich
if smith is activated for tonights game, someone has to be punted off the roster. Stoll, semenov,and hemsky don't have to clear waivers but it doesn't make sense to play with their confidence by sending them to the minors (Toronto).

Is today the day Lowe pulls the trigger on a trade? I personally would like to see two guys go and rita called up. Horcoff + laraque for Ott's first may work.
I'm not a huge supporter of a 2 for 0 deal, but a 2 for 1 deal could work. Perhaps ...
Laraque + Horcoff
for
Vermette + pick (2nd or 3rd)

Old
01-15-2004, 05:31 AM
ZIM

vCash:
and the answer is

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Sakich

Bergeron.

I'll predict it again. Bergeron goes to the RR and doesn't come back.

Old
01-15-2004, 05:40 AM
H-Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZIM
Bergeron.

I'll predict it again. Bergeron goes to the RR and doesn't come back.
Isn't he already there?

Old
01-15-2004, 05:45 AM
ZIM

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by H-Bear
Isn't he already there?
Not according to edmontonoilers.com.

He was recalled when Lynch was sent back.

Old
01-15-2004, 05:52 AM
Digger12

It will be Bergeron. The only reason he's back up here from the first callup were the injuries to Smith and Cross. Once Smith returns (tonight?), it's only a matter of time.

I don't think MacT has a lot of confidence in him to make the safe play in his own end.

Old
01-15-2004, 06:29 AM
copperandblue

Well the sun is reporting that Reasoners knee is acting up again and may not be able to play tonight. He also didn't play the final 18 minutes of the Florida game.

If that's the case the Oil may not need to make a decision just yet.

However, I agree that should someone need to go down, it would be Bergeron.

Old
01-15-2004, 09:31 AM
tommy koma

I think that Bregeron should NOT be sent down...i think mac T should let the guys play his game...that being the physical game he can play and let they guy get rough...if given the chance they guy can really become a physical presence on the ice...On the topic of who gets sent down...i think seminov should most definatly be sent down...or if they cant send him down, make the guy sit after his last game...i would have sat him right after he tried to fight and emberrased himself and the oilers...whats a wuss like him trying to fight anyway he is afraid to get hit...he's a baby SEND DOWN SEMINOV

Old
01-15-2004, 09:42 AM
s7ark
LeonTheProfessional

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy koma
I think that Bregeron should NOT be sent down...i think mac T should let the guys play his game...that being the physical game he can play and let they guy get rough...if given the chance they guy can really become a physical presence on the ice...On the topic of who gets sent down...i think seminov should most definatly be sent down...or if they cant send him down, make the guy sit after his last game...i would have sat him right after he tried to fight and emberrased himself and the oilers...whats a wuss like him trying to fight anyway he is afraid to get hit...he's a baby SEND DOWN SEMINOV

Great first post... man are you gonna get flamed. Semenov was a house last game.

Old
01-15-2004, 09:43 AM
barto

Welcome to the board, tommy... (I think)

Anyway, the odds-on favorite to be sent down has to be Bergeron. Stoll, Semenov are both playing too well to be considered, and I doubt Hemsky would just get bumped off the roster like that...at worst, he could sit out a game or two to get a different perspective. MAB's the easy decision at this point.

Reasoner might not play tonight because of his knee, but unless he's placed on the IR list he'll still count as a roster player, if I'm not mistaken, so the only real question is about Smith coming back. He sure looked good when they showed a clip of him practising yesterday (or was it even the day before?), but is supposedly "doubtful" for tonight's game.

I think the writing is on the wall for BG as well, and I wouldn't mind a 2-for-1 deal to clear up some of the logjam at the forward position. We have a few depth guys on forward like Sarno and Wright who could fill in as a PB guy or injury fill-in (4th line), plus there's always that Rita kid and Salmo as well.

Right now, for this season, our biggest depth concern has to be goaltending. If Salo gets hurt again, we're back to Conklin to rely on, with Valiquette to backup. Not a great situation.

Bart

Old
01-15-2004, 09:46 AM
Mowzie
Asst. Dishwasher

welcome to the boards, tommy, i think you need to stop snorting your moms robin hood flour, If Semi goes down before MAB, MacT will officially be P.E #1. Semenov and Ulanov have been solid together.

Anyways, welcome to the boards, get used to seeing this when you post stuff like that. ( )

ok, im just ribbing the rookie. have fun tommy.

Old
01-15-2004, 10:10 AM
Digger12

Quote:

Oh yeah, welcome to the boards.

Old
01-15-2004, 11:14 AM
Mr Sakich

Quote:
Originally Posted by s7ark
Great first post... man are you gonna get flamed. Semenov was a house last game.
tudor or ranch style? Or, in keeping with the spirit of this thread, Tudore or rench style?

Old
01-15-2004, 03:15 PM
hockeyaddict101

Quote:
Semenov has been excellent and there is NO way he will be sent down and welcome

Last edited by hockeyaddict101: 01-15-2004 at 03:19 PM.
Old
01-15-2004, 03:19 PM
Silver

Can't send Semi down, he's been playing great with Ulanov. I've already stated my case for Bergeron staying, but realistically he's the odd man out with the 2-way contract.

Old
01-15-2004, 04:09 PM
Allan

Quote:
i would have sat him right after he tried to fight and emberrased himself and the oilers...whats a wuss like him trying to fight anyway he is afraid to get hit...he's a baby SEND DOWN SEMINOV
I was very happy when he stood up for himself and his team like that, and I think he held his own pretty well against a guy with as much experience as Hordichuck. That sort of thing will keep teams from messing with him or any other Oilers. The team and local press seem to agree with me:

Journal: http://www.canada.com/edmonton/spor...48-CBDF6D6AB1B0

Sun: http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam040115/nhl_edm3-sun.html

Old
01-15-2004, 06:54 PM
SerbianEagle

Quote:
Are you for real? Its S-E-M-E-N-O-V

You know watching a game might help. He didn't get embarassed, and he didn't get whooped and he isn't a wuss.

Clown.

Closed Thread