HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > The KHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The KHL Discuss the Continental Hockey League (Kontinentalnaya Hokkeynaya Liga).

KHL Expansion part III

Closed Thread

Old
09-30-2013, 01:50 PM
Ivan94

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vorky View Post
Yes, I read article. The Q is, did the author write his dream or did he have information/rumours?
the small samary wasn´t for you.

i think he is just writing down his dreams with inspriration of the roumors of the last days. if they have a new information, they would write the artical on an other way.

Old
09-30-2013, 02:09 PM
vorky
@vorkywh24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan94 View Post
the small samary wasn´t for you.

i think he is just writing down his dreams with inspriration of the roumors of the last days. if they have a new information, they would write the artical on an other way.
Of course, not for me. Sorry.

Who is this journalist? Is he serious? Does he have connections in ZSC, SCB?

KHL´s expansion is done behind scenes. We have talked about Helvetics for 2 yrs, but nobody mentioned Servette. If the information about Servette is true, then it did not start last week... but weeks/months ago.

This article is an attempt for analysis. Why did he mention ZSC/SCB and not Davos, Lugano, Zug (according to my knowledge good teams as well)? Maybe he has informations from ZSC/SCB?

According to source (20min.ch), someone from NLA confirmed that Servette considers KHL... the same source, maybe the same person?, wrote this article about SCB/ZSC. Coincidence?

I dont say that the article is pipe dream or reality of future. I just know that I had information about "searching money for finnish KHL club" a few months before Jokerit announced it.

PS: Is it just me or this 20min.ch is anti-ET/ECC and pro-KHL?

Old
09-30-2013, 02:11 PM
jaco

Quote:
Yes, I read article. The Q is, did the author write his dream or did he have information/rumours?
Klaus Zaugg is the swiss hockey journalist. he knows quite a lot about the game and he certainly knows everyone that counts in swiss hockey. On the other hand he's paid by 20min.ch, and has to deliver every other day an article that makes a buzz... So, as long as he writes about NLA (which is his every day gig) he's certainly a reference. If he runs out of topics and starts to write about KHL (where he probably doesn't know everyone), I wouldn't take his words as the gospel....But still, McSorley (a canadian) who already wanted to transfer Servette from Geneva to Lausanne, because of better infrastructure and more public resonance, could really be the first one in Switzerland to jump on the KHL train, instead of being crushed by it.

Luethi (GM of SC Bern) is also a very clever businessman, but I really have a hard time in seeing SCB out of NLA (they fill their tiny 16.000 seater even against Rapperswil, which is the least attractive team in Europe....)

Old
09-30-2013, 02:19 PM
vorky
@vorkywh24

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaco View Post
Klaus Zaugg is the swiss hockey journalist. he knows quite a lot about the game and he certainly knows everyone that counts in swiss hockey. On the other hand he's paid by 20min.ch, and has to deliver every other day an article that makes a buzz... So, as long as he writes about NLA (which is his every day gig) he's certainly a reference. If he runs out of topics and starts to write about KHL (where he probably doesn't know everyone), I wouldn't take his words as the gospel....But still, McSorley (a canadian) who already wanted to transfer Servette from Geneva to Lausanne, because of better infrastructure and more public resonance, could really be the first one in Switzerland to jump on the KHL train, instead of being crushed by it.

Luethi (GM of SC Bern) is also a very clever businessman, but I really have a hard time in seeing SCB out of NLA (they fill their tiny 16.000 seater even against Rapperswil, which is the least attractive team in Europe....)
thanks!

If you know, are SCB/ZSC clubs which supports ECC/ET? Or are they play here because there is no other option of international competition? If there was another option (KHL), would they switch comptetitions (KHL instead of ET/ECC)?

Yes, I understand that NLA without SCB/ZSC is crazy idea.. and nobody can imagine it. Then there is Q - could anybody imagine SM-Liiga without Jokerit in early June 2013?

Old
09-30-2013, 02:48 PM
Ivan94

Quote:
thanks!

If you know, are SCB/ZSC clubs which supports ECC/ET? Or are they play here because there is no other option of international competition? If there was another option (KHL), would they switch comptetitions (KHL instead of ET/ECC)?

Yes, I understand that NLA without SCB/ZSC is crazy idea.. and nobody can imagine it. Then there is Q - could anybody imagine SM-Liiga without Jokerit in early June 2013?
SC Bern, ZSC Lions, Fribourg and Zug are shareholder of ET. they invested money in the projekt. it isn´t in their interest that the projekt falls into water.

Old
09-30-2013, 03:06 PM
Sucro
Rhymesayers Fanboy

Quote:
This article is an attempt for analysis. Why did he mention ZSC/SCB and not Davos, Lugano, Zug (according to my knowledge good teams as well)? Maybe he has informations from ZSC/SCB?
Probably it was based on capacity of these club's arenas. Though I see only Geneve joining in a close prospect.

Old
09-30-2013, 04:23 PM
vorky
@vorkywh24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan94 View Post
SC Bern, ZSC Lions, Fribourg and Zug are shareholder of ET. they invested money in the projekt. it isn´t in their interest that the projekt falls into water.
Yeah that make sense. What if this ECC fails as suiss writer claims? What then? If KHL wants ECC to become not-successful competition (or to be abolished), it will happen sooner than later. It is only matter of time. I can give you an example of Nabucco-South Stream again. What does Russia/Gazprom want - Nabucco or South Stream? What project failed? What does KHL/Gazprom want - ECC as best euro competition or KHL as best one? What option will fail??

Old
09-30-2013, 06:06 PM
SCBdude
SC Bern 1931 / NYI

The article is part fact (things about Servette) and part a projection by Klaus Zaugg (which really doesn't mean anything).
Klaus Zaugg is the most well known hockey journalist in Switzerland. He's well connected in Swiss icehockey but often tries to sell his opinion as fact.

SCB and ZSC are mentioned simply because they are the two biggest teams in Switzerland with the most fans. If somebody of importance would have said the same things about SCB/ZSC as someone did about Servette then it would say in the article. It's all pure speculation.

ET is simply a pre-season tournament nobody cares about and not an all year thing like KHL (Which in Switzerland also few people care about btw.) . Why do you have to be pro one and against the other?

I don't see the need for a European tournament anyway. It has been tried before and failed (games in Bern only drew ~8'000 people in Hockey Champions-League). Nobody cares...

Lüthi is the CEO of SC Bern and not the GM btw.

Old
09-30-2013, 06:38 PM
Jussi
No strings on me

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaco View Post
Logic dictates their margin of profit would decrease significantly if they were to move to KHL. Higher expenses, no room to increase attendance figures<->lower expenses, sells out every home game.

Old
09-30-2013, 07:29 PM
Jussi
No strings on me

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCBdude View Post
The article is part fact (things about Servette) and part a projection by Klaus Zaugg (which really doesn't mean anything).
Klaus Zaugg is the most well known hockey journalist in Switzerland. He's well connected in Swiss icehockey but often tries to sell his opinion as fact.
I remember his guest columns in the now defunct Kiekkolehti. They tended to leave the reader either scratching their head, laughing or facepalming.

Old
09-30-2013, 08:22 PM
SCBdude
SC Bern 1931 / NYI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jussi View Post
I remember his guest columns in the now defunct Kiekkolehti. They tended to leave the reader either scratching their head, laughing or facepalming.
It's mostly the same here. He likes to take to the extreme instead of looking at something rationally.

Old
09-30-2013, 08:32 PM
Jussi
No strings on me

Quote:
It's mostly the same here. He likes to take to the extreme instead of looking at something rationally.
Yup. He had some rather unrealistic/insane views in his columns occasionally.

Old
10-01-2013, 02:36 AM
vorky
@vorkywh24

Quote:

SCB and ZSC are mentioned simply because they are the two biggest teams in Switzerland with the most fans. If somebody of importance would have said the same things about SCB/ZSC as someone did about Servette then it would say in the article. It's all pure speculation.

ET is simply a pre-season tournament nobody cares about and not an all year thing like KHL (Which in Switzerland also few people care about btw.) . Why do you have to be pro one and against the other?

I don't see the need for a European tournament anyway. It has been tried before and failed (games in Bern only drew ~8'000 people in Hockey Champions-League). Nobody cares...

Lüthi is the CEO of SC Bern and not the GM btw.
Thanks!

pro/against - you know, there are two ways of development euro club hockey. Swedes/ET wants something like UEFA Champions League, Russians/KHL wants something like NHL. You as club have to choose among them. Big clubs from Sweden are pro-ET, will not change attitude so easy. I heard about scepticism of NLA clubs towards ET, so I asked....

Yes, Champions League etc failed. The author wrote the reason: "Und wird es mit den herkömmlichen Methoden nicht schaffen."

Old
10-01-2013, 03:47 AM
Salavat Yulaev

What if KHL decides not to attract new clubs from Sweden Germany etc but will entranch itself in Czech republic, Slovakia and Finland (after Jokerit joins)?

I mean what is the chance to get for example Sparta in KHL?

Old
10-01-2013, 05:30 AM
SoftEuro4thLiner

Just a question... could the KHL work in Kaliningrad?

Old
10-01-2013, 06:27 AM
cska78

Send a message via AIM to cska78 Send a message via Yahoo to cska78
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoftEuro4thLiner View Post
Just a question... could the KHL work in Kaliningrad?
even soccer didn't work there

Old
10-01-2013, 06:33 AM
Sucro
Rhymesayers Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salavat Yulaev View Post
What if KHL decides not to attract new clubs from Sweden Germany etc but will entranch itself in Czech republic, Slovakia and Finland (after Jokerit joins)?

Sparta can replace Lev anytime if there would be a will of the owners.
Eastern Europe and now Finland is only a preparation for further expansion. Medvedev and others like Timcheko told multiple times that they want Germany and Switzerland in the K. It would be better not to expand at all rather than take just Czechs with their old arenas and Finland there the league needs extra promotion to lure people to watch and attend matches.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cska78 View Post
As well as in Sochi

Old
10-01-2013, 06:34 AM
swosh
Im pink hair niггa

Quote:
Originally Posted by cska78 View Post
It is the reason why didnt get new stadium for euro. Do they plan rebuilt it to prison like in Brasil?

Quote:
It would save me a lot of time. But i guess many fans of hs-sparta would return season ticket

Last edited by swosh: 10-01-2013 at 11:47 AM.
Old
10-01-2013, 06:53 AM
vorky
@vorkywh24

Quote:

I agree with Sucrologist´s point of view (#117).

KHL´s main market (in longterm visions) is not Central Europe (Slovakia, Czech rep), but Germany, Switzerland and Sweden. It was easier to start in Bratislava/Praha than in Bern, Berlin or Stockholm (just random cities of a country) ... many reasons for it. If you listen to Timchenko, Medvedev, Kochervin carefully, you have to know that. We will see what will happen next 2 yrs in Germany - now there is an appropriate time/condition for german KHL clubs.

Old
10-01-2013, 10:44 AM
robwangjing

A little while ago I read the press-release from NIHF on the Norway in KHL matter.

Here I give it in short in my own words.

Norwegian journalist contacts NIHF and tells them that a representative from the KHL want to come and discuss the possibility of a team in KHL located there.

NIHF tell him they will need a document that confirms this.

Sacavickas sends NIHF the letter and NIHF checks with KHL if it is real or not.

KHL basically tells NIHF "it should be since Medvedev signed it".

They have the meetings and then media writes about it.

KHL reads it in the media and contact NIHF and tells them that he is not sent by them, and if they want a team in the KHL they should contact KHL etc. And KHL also write on Facebook the same thing.

Media contacts NIHF and they say what they were told by KHL.

Then KHL contacts NIHF again and tells them he was actually sent by them and this is just a misunderstanding.

www.hockeynorge.no - google translate

Old
10-03-2013, 06:56 AM
FreshFruit

Is there any informations that the KHL is considering markets of asian countries as a possibility in near or far future?

Those markets are worth much more than any European market if the KHL could make some hockey boom there.
Does NHL have some interest in these markets? Vastly growing infrastructure and the population that is growing richer and richer shouldn't be passed by by both leagues.

If hockey could boom in China that would be really helpful for both leagues and hockey as a whole.

Old
10-03-2013, 07:24 AM
Sucro
Rhymesayers Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshFruit View Post
Is there any informations that the KHL is considering markets of asian countries as a possibility in near or far future?

Those markets are worth much more than any European market if the KHL could make some hockey boom there.
Does NHL have some interest in these markets? Vastly growing infrastructure and the population that is growing richer and richer shouldn't be passed by by both leagues.

If hockey could boom in China that would be really helpful for both leagues and hockey as a whole.
I haven't heard any recent news from officials. Still no KHL broadcasted in Japan/Korea/China as I know.
As for China, I think VHL team in Harbin with a Russian roster and some top Chinese players (like SaryArka now) would be a good start, maybe it can serve as a farm club for Amur. Btw there was the same plan to introduce bandy in Harbin by SKA-Energiya. Plus MHL-B team with a hockey school to get future players.
But it's a way that would need some time to get prepared for KHL, a Medvescak-type team with North American roster (including some Americans of Chinese descent) can be created anytime if some businessmen will want to make one, but I don't see the KHL being focused on Asian expansion right now.
Korean Hockey Federation might want to have a team before Olympics to get NT to a competetive condition, but it's just a speculation.
Japan has a proper hockey infrastructure and NT, I consider this country a premier destination for a KHL team, but it's a long prospect.

Old
10-05-2013, 04:21 PM
VladNYC*

Great interview with Klaus Zaugg about Swiss clubs joining the KHL. Can some one please translate this into english for everyone?

http://webhokej24.sk/rusko/khl-rozho...i-liga-ako-khl

Old
10-05-2013, 05:20 PM
Ivan94

Quote:
Originally Posted by VladNYC View Post
Great interview with Klaus Zaugg about Swiss clubs joining the KHL. Can some one please translate this into english for everyone?

http://webhokej24.sk/rusko/khl-rozho...i-liga-ako-khl
with google tranlater i read an interesting fact.

he say, that some of the unknown owners of geneve could be russian investors.

Old
10-05-2013, 05:22 PM
Sokil
Ukraine Specialitsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshFruit View Post

how so? european markets like hockey and have money, asian markets dont care about hockey and have no money

how is asian expansion "worth much more" to the KHL?

Closed Thread