HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Kyle Beach assigned to HV71 (Sweden)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
09-30-2013, 12:05 PM
  #51
Hawkaholic
Registered User
 
Hawkaholic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: London, Ont.
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,096
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DisgruntledHawkFan View Post
He brought in Sharp, Versteeg, Ladd, and Hossa. There's a little more to what he did then you're giving him credit for.
Hossa? No.

He wanted to keep Havlat instead of signing Hossa....then was canned.

Hawkaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2013, 01:33 PM
  #52
Laus723
#CatsAreComing
 
Laus723's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Wellington, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 28,023
vCash: 500
The hate for Tallon by some Hawk fans is so laughable. No one can give any credit where it's due. He brought in good players and helped with the team that's currently there. In whatever capacity, the hate is just stupid.

Jacques Martin wasnt an outstanding GM here, but I give him credit where it's due. He helped more than most give him credit for and we still don't have a Cup or anything close. What's so friggin hard about giving credit and just movin on?

Further, seems like Beach's attitude plays the largest role in his not making it. Is that Tallon's fault? Even if there were concerns before the draft, plenty of players have worked through that. Is Belichek to blame for Hernandez not being able to see that he had all he ever dreams of and deciding to be a killer anyway?

Laus723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2013, 02:13 PM
  #53
stlblues9
Registered User
 
stlblues9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,406
vCash: 5762
Quote:
Originally Posted by salty justice View Post
Many people had Turris at #1 over Kane and Jordan Staal ahead of Toews in their draft years. It's not always an easy decision. Prior to the lockout tiny skilled players like Kane, think MSL, were more likely to go undrafted than #1 overall.

I give Tallon 90% of the credit for building the 2010 team and about 50% of the credit for the players that remain on the roster today. He re-introduced a culture of winning and made it a team guys wanted to play for.
Kane was the consensus number 1 pick in the draft that year and I don't remember Staal really ever being ahead of Toews in their draft year. Also players like Kane never went undrafted.

stlblues9 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2013, 02:38 PM
  #54
Bourne Endeavor
Registered User
 
Bourne Endeavor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Montreal, Quebec
Country: Canada
Posts: 33,544
vCash: 178
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
Tallon drafting (05-09) was absolute disgrace for most part

Bowman drafting has been massive improvement
For all the praise Tallon gets. Drafting is not his forte, at least not with the Hawks.

Bourne Endeavor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2013, 02:40 PM
  #55
Gardner McKay
Global Moderator
You had to be there
 
Gardner McKay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: SoutheastOfDisorder
Country: United States
Posts: 17,235
vCash: 146
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayor Bee View Post
2005, 2006, and 2007 were all awful with the exception of the two players (Toews and Kane) who fell right into their laps.

2005 produced Niklas Hjalmarsson, with only three others (Jack Skille, Mike Blunden, and Evan Brophey) ever playing an NHL game.

2006 produced only Toews; no one else has played an NHL game.

2007 had five picks in the top 86 and seven picks overall, but outside of Kane, only Billy Sweatt and Akim Aliu ever played an NHL game.
The hype around Skille was crazy. Was Beach hyped as much?

__________________
--If we had no faults of our own, we should not take so much pleasure in noticing those in others. - Francois de La Rochefoucauld
--
Gardner McKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2013, 03:17 PM
  #56
dotcommunism
Moderator
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 3,127
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by salty justice View Post
Many people had Turris at #1 over Kane and Jordan Staal ahead of Toews in their draft years. It's not always an easy decision. Prior to the lockout tiny skilled players like Kane, think MSL, were more likely to go undrafted than #1 overall.
Pretty sure that Chicago drafting Toews instead of Staal was a really really really easy decision since Staal had already been drafted with the pick before Chicago's

dotcommunism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2013, 05:12 PM
  #57
The Zetterberg Era
Moderator
Thank you Mr. I, RIP
 
The Zetterberg Era's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Ft. Myers, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 28,866
vCash: 704
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gardner McKay View Post
The hype around Skille was crazy. Was Beach hyped as much?
Honestly Skille was a more dubious pick for me than Beach was in terms of what I was thinking when each was drafted. Didn't like either guy but I was floored with where they selected Skille, didn't like the Beach pick because I didn't like the player but the skill set was believed to be there, just thought they overrated him a touch, Skille was a guy I wouldn't have taken in the first round.

The Zetterberg Era is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2013, 05:15 PM
  #58
The Zetterberg Era
Moderator
Thank you Mr. I, RIP
 
The Zetterberg Era's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Ft. Myers, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 28,866
vCash: 704
Quote:
Originally Posted by dotcommunism View Post
Pretty sure that Chicago drafting Toews instead of Staal was a really really really easy decision since Staal had already been drafted with the pick before Chicago's
Truth, although there was a pretty big belief in Backstrom at four and Kessel at five as well, not an easy choice.

The Zetterberg Era is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2013, 05:35 PM
  #59
Blackhawkswincup
Seabrook = Thief
 
Blackhawkswincup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Chicagoland
Country: United States
Posts: 141,026
vCash: 302
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laus723 View Post
The hate for Tallon by some Hawk fans is so laughable. No one can give any credit where it's due. He brought in good players and helped with the team that's currently there. In whatever capacity, the hate is just stupid.

Jacques Martin wasnt an outstanding GM here, but I give him credit where it's due. He helped more than most give him credit for and we still don't have a Cup or anything close. What's so friggin hard about giving credit and just movin on?

Further, seems like Beach's attitude plays the largest role in his not making it. Is that Tallon's fault? Even if there were concerns before the draft, plenty of players have worked through that. Is Belichek to blame for Hernandez not being able to see that he had all he ever dreams of and deciding to be a killer anyway?
Tallon left Hawks in cap hell and with no farm system after wasting 5 years of drafts

Did Tallon do some good? Sure he made a few good trades that added quality players and he didn't screw up Kane/Toews picks. Thus he did play a part in cup win

But for the most part Dale Tallon as a GM was a failure (FA and Draft sticking out most)

As for Beach ,,, There were a lot of red flags at time of draft with regards to him

Blackhawkswincup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2013, 05:46 PM
  #60
Captain Mittens*
Catquistador
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: The Meow-ntain
Posts: 33,429
vCash: 69
Kyle Beach was assigned to the bird flu?

Captain Mittens* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2013, 05:52 PM
  #61
Oiltankjob Fail
Registered User
 
Oiltankjob Fail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 6,686
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dingo View Post
Kyle Beach was assigned to the bird flu?
That is h1n1 but I am sure some Hawk fans will blame that on Tallon as well

Oiltankjob Fail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2013, 06:43 PM
  #62
helicon1
Registered User
 
helicon1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 517
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gardner McKay View Post
The hype around Skille was crazy. Was Beach hyped as much?
Memory is a spotty thing, but I don't recall there being that much hype for Skille pre-draft. I don't think he was ranked top ten in very many publications. In fact I'm not sure that he was top ten among just NA skaters. I remember being ecstatic when Montreal took Price because I thought Kopitar was dropping to the Hawks (BPA and arguably biggest need at the time). To say I was floored when they picked Skille would be an understatement. Friends who I was watching the draft with at the time had the same reaction. Not sure about this board's reaction.

Beach was a little different. It seemed their was a lot of hype coming from Canada anyway. As Canuck fans have alluded to, there was a lot of media pressure/talk/whatever you want to call it for them to draft Beach at 12. There were safer picks at that point in the draft (and I do remember a few fellow Hawk fans advocating for Myers at the time), but he was drafted as that big lw power forward type to ideally play on a line with Toews and Kane. There were attitude concerns even then though, and there was a decently high bust potential from the get-go

But in hindsight, after seeing the success Buff and then Bickell had with Toews and Kane, it's easy to understand the rationale behind the pick. Moreso than the Skille one anyway.

helicon1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2013, 06:50 PM
  #63
MurrayBannerman
Incog-Theo
 
MurrayBannerman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: CHI
Country: United States
Posts: 32,728
vCash: 2660
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayor Bee View Post
2005, 2006, and 2007 were all awful with the exception of the two players (Toews and Kane) who fell right into their laps.

2005 produced Niklas Hjalmarsson, with only three others (Jack Skille, Mike Blunden, and Evan Brophey) ever playing an NHL game.

2006 produced only Toews; no one else has played an NHL game.

2007 had five picks in the top 86 and seven picks overall, but outside of Kane, only Billy Sweatt and Akim Aliu ever played an NHL game.
Michael Blunden was awesome and you know it!

MurrayBannerman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2013, 07:45 PM
  #64
Richie Daggers Crime
Fistie Daggers Crime
 
Richie Daggers Crime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: NYI fan in Atl
Posts: 11,774
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phenomenon13 View Post
Can someone fill me in on why people hate this guy so much?

It seems like he must've done something horrible to get these kind of responses.
It's because of what prospects represent to fans: hope. When that hope is dashed, fans tend to lash out.

Richie Daggers Crime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2013, 08:00 PM
  #65
Blackhawkswincup
Seabrook = Thief
 
Blackhawkswincup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Chicagoland
Country: United States
Posts: 141,026
vCash: 302
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie Daggers Crime View Post
It's because of what prospects represent to fans: hope. When that hope is dashed, fans tend to lash out.
Doesn't help that Beach came off as a overgrown child most of his time with organization and his most memorable moment involved him attacking a smaller player in camp and injuring him (Mathis Olimb was the victim of Beach)

Blackhawkswincup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2013, 08:03 PM
  #66
DrRecchi
MRW Arsenal Defend
 
DrRecchi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,443
vCash: 81
Anyone who thought he was valuable the past few years was plain delusional. He was never impressive in professional hockey.

DrRecchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2013, 08:22 PM
  #67
Laus723
#CatsAreComing
 
Laus723's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Wellington, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 28,023
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
Tallon left Hawks in cap hell and with no farm system after wasting 5 years of drafts

Did Tallon do some good? Sure he made a few good trades that added quality players and he didn't screw up Kane/Toews picks. Thus he did play a part in cup win

But for the most part Dale Tallon as a GM was a failure (FA and Draft sticking out most)

As for Beach ,,, There were a lot of red flags at time of draft with regards to him
Lmao, oh please. That wasnt all him on the cap hit, and he's sure done a great job so far here. But, just keep pouring the hate every chance you can.

Laus723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2013, 08:52 PM
  #68
WarriorofTime
Registered User
 
WarriorofTime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 16,036
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laus723 View Post
Lmao, oh please. That wasnt all him on the cap hit, and he's sure done a great job so far here. But, just keep pouring the hate every chance you can.
Tallon did more good than bad in rebuilding the hawks. Sharp for Ellison and Versteeg for Bochenski were huge steals. Ladd for Ruutu was a good move for the hawks too. But he was definitely bad with the cap and put the hawks in an awful cap situation.

WarriorofTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2013, 08:59 PM
  #69
BigDaddyLurch
#DaFoxholeIzDead
 
BigDaddyLurch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Out of the Foxhole
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,379
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MurrayBannerman View Post
Michael Blunden was awesome and you know it!
Blunden is still awesome...he's so awesome that we Habs fans call the NHL/AHL cutoff line in the organization The Blunden Line.

BigDaddyLurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2013, 09:17 PM
  #70
DisgruntledHawkFan
Moderator
Blackhawk Down
 
DisgruntledHawkFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 34,749
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to DisgruntledHawkFan
The Blackhawks got better every year under Tallon.

Edit: Back on topic, Beach is big, has a good shot, and picks on smaller players while running from guys in his weight range. He's a poorer skating Ben Eager.

DisgruntledHawkFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2013, 10:17 PM
  #71
Retail1LO*
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: SE Pennsylvania
Country: United States
Posts: 6,613
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Retail1LO* Send a message via AIM to Retail1LO* Send a message via MSN to Retail1LO*
Our drafting is so bad, we have one of the best prospect pools in hockey. And even high draft picks are no gimme. There are still a lot of choices (and often more at the front of the draft than later) that have to be made correctly at the draft table, no matter how high your pick is. Besides, part of being a good GM is pulling the trigger on trades, and signing FA's. In closing, considering how poor our drafting is considered to be, we seem to be doing pretty well. Especially considering the gutting our roster took after the 1st Cup run.

Retail1LO* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2013, 10:18 PM
  #72
Blackhawkswincup
Seabrook = Thief
 
Blackhawkswincup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Chicagoland
Country: United States
Posts: 141,026
vCash: 302
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retail1LO View Post
Our drafting is so bad, we have one of the best prospect pools in hockey. And even high draft picks are no gimme. There are still a lot of choices (and often more at the front of the draft than later) that have to be made correctly at the draft table, no matter how high your pick is. Besides, part of being a good GM is pulling the trigger on trades, and signing FA's. In closing, considering how poor our drafting is considered to be, we seem to be doing pretty well. Especially considering the gutting our roster took after the 1st Cup run.
Our prospect pool currently has very little to do with Tallon

Pirri is only prospect left from him with any NHL future

Blackhawkswincup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2013, 03:28 AM
  #73
Tomas W
Registered User
 
Tomas W's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Sweden
Posts: 6,099
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dingo View Post
Kyle Beach was assigned to the bird flu?
No to HIV 71

Tomas W is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2013, 08:59 AM
  #74
bottomofthefoodchain
Registered User
 
bottomofthefoodchain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Stockholm
Country: Sweden
Posts: 4,779
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chileiceman View Post
Was Chet Pickard assigned to Sweden on time as well? That's the only other case I can think of where a North American gets assigned to Europe by his NHL club.
They don't get "assigned", Swedish clubs offer them contracts.

Olimb slammed him and the media as soon as he signed. Will be funny when they play against each other.

bottomofthefoodchain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2013, 09:19 AM
  #75
ChiGuySez
Streak ends 108
 
ChiGuySez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 8,368
vCash: 500
Beach is pretty good at food fights. Meatballs should be easy too throw.

ChiGuySez is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:47 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. @2017 All Rights Reserved.