HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Around the NHL: OMG HOCKEY Edition

Closed Thread

Old
09-29-2013, 07:24 AM
Lindberg Cheese

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JA#11 View Post
I love the sky-high overconfidence of Devil fans....can't wait to hear the excuses like we have about how dominant they were last yr but just had bad puck!!!

Just because you guys got some new faces, none outside of Schnieder warrants the circle jerk that's been going on in Devil land.

Jägr may start strong but will be totally gassed by new yrs day, Ryder while on a good contract is as streaky as it comes with the goal scoring and when he's not scoring goals he brings nothing else, Clowe may be the slowest player in the NHL and is a rapidly declining power forward who yrs of tough play seems to have hit him all at once as we've seen often with players like him over 30.

Zajac gives not one Eason to believe he will again be a significant offensive player and looks more to be an elite 3rd liner who can put up35 pts but simply lacks the offensive ability to create enough to be a top 2 line center on a good offensive team.

That puts a ton of pressure on Henrique to be the top and maybe only offensive center and when a guy is coming off a season where he was only on pace for a whopping ten whole assists that may be asking a bit much...

The Devils defense is also among, if not the worst team at creating offense from the backend and that hasn't changed.

And while Schneider is a legit top goalie I can't wait for the drama where he has to sit on the bench for AT LEAST HALF the games because Marty's ego will dictate that even if he isn't nearly as good as Cory so that will be fun watching, especially with Schnieder free to walk free after next season if he doesn't get the role he is looking for...

Other than that, you're right--- they look great!!
Im just glad they learned what icing and offsides are instead of asking everyone why there was a whistle.

Old
09-29-2013, 08:31 AM
rvdnsx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giglio NYR15 View Post
Anybody know whats going on with Linus Omark?
I hear he's good at dangling in NHL 14 especially in shootouts...

Old
09-29-2013, 08:38 AM
Glen Teflon Sather
Like A Boss

Send a message via AIM to Glen Teflon Sather
Quote:
I love the sky-high overconfidence of Devil fans....can't wait to hear the excuses like we have about how dominant they were last yr but just had bad puck!!!

Just because you guys got some new faces, none outside of Schnieder warrants the circle jerk that's been going on in Devil land.

Jägr may start strong but will be totally gassed by new yrs day, Ryder while on a good contract is as streaky as it comes with the goal scoring and when he's not scoring goals he brings nothing else, Clowe may be the slowest player in the NHL and is a rapidly declining power forward who yrs of tough play seems to have hit him all at once as we've seen often with players like him over 30.

Zajac gives not one Eason to believe he will again be a significant offensive player and looks more to be an elite 3rd liner who can put up35 pts but simply lacks the offensive ability to create enough to be a top 2 line center on a good offensive team.

That puts a ton of pressure on Henrique to be the top and maybe only offensive center and when a guy is coming off a season where he was only on pace for a whopping ten whole assists that may be asking a bit much...

The Devils defense is also among, if not the worst team at creating offense from the backend and that hasn't changed.

And while Schneider is a legit top goalie I can't wait for the drama where he has to sit on the bench for AT LEAST HALF the games because Marty's ego will dictate that even if he isn't nearly as good as Cory so that will be fun watching, especially with Schnieder free to walk free after next season if he doesn't get the role he is looking for...

Not for nothing but we Rangers fans do the same thing

Old
09-29-2013, 09:58 AM
Raspewtin
Early To The Party

Quote:

Everyone is concerned with NJ's offense but I see many more problems with their D. Adam Larsson better step up or that defense will be just as much of a joke as their offense. The only competent d-man on that team is Andy Greene, and I wouldn't take him on this team for free, because every defenseman we have in our top 6 is better than him. Bryce Salvador does an "ok" job defending, but can not do anything else. Volchenkov is slow as molasses and not nearly as feared as he once was, and provides no offense at all. Zidlicky is their MA Bergeron, he should only play on the powerplay, absolutely no other situation should he be on the ice if they want to win. Urbom is good for punching and hitting people but that's again not what the devils need, they need a puck carrier and someone to create some semblance of offense from the back. I just see them as a totally mediocre team that only has a chance because Schneider is a great goalie.

Old
09-30-2013, 12:41 PM
NYR Viper

How are some of the other teams like Philly, Pitt, SJ, Bos and Toronto going to get under the cap? Toronto has some injuries and Clarkson out 10 games, no?

Old
09-30-2013, 01:21 PM
Blue Blooded

vCash: 504
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raspewtin View Post
Everyone is concerned with NJ's offense but I see many more problems with their D. Adam Larsson better step up or that defense will be just as much of a joke as their offense. The only competent d-man on that team is Andy Greene, and I wouldn't take him on this team for free, because every defenseman we have in our top 6 is better than him. Bryce Salvador does an "ok" job defending, but can not do anything else. Volchenkov is slow as molasses and not nearly as feared as he once was, and provides no offense at all. Zidlicky is their MA Bergeron, he should only play on the powerplay, absolutely no other situation should he be on the ice if they want to win. Urbom is good for punching and hitting people but that's again not what the devils need, they need a puck carrier and someone to create some semblance of offense from the back. I just see them as a totally mediocre team that only has a chance because Schneider is a great goalie.
Salvador sucks, but you forgot about Mark Fayne who is a hugely underrated defenceman.

Zidlicky is also far from MAB, he is fine 5v5.

Don't get why they felt the need to trade Tallinder though, I would've gotten rid of Salvador/Volchenkov ahead of him.

Old
09-30-2013, 01:28 PM
Blue Blooded

Zibanejad sent to the minors, Ottawa fans are considering revolution.

Some are speculating that it is all about his salary, $1.7M in the NHL, $70k in the AHL. Travis Yost reported a lot about Melnyk's financial troubles this summer.

Could be a waivers thing as well, Pageau and Da Costa require waivers, Zibanejad does not. Move Pageau/Da Costa to wing and waive Matt freaking Kassian instead, my god!

Both were high ranked prospects that were sent to the minors, Kreider for Zibanejad?

Old
09-30-2013, 01:40 PM
Trxjw
Retired.

It's asset management by the Sens, and certainly has to do with budget issues.

Old
09-30-2013, 04:37 PM
Giglio NYR15
Section 417

Bill Daly announced Hybrid Icing is approved.

Old
09-30-2013, 04:49 PM
Blue Blooded

Quote:
I like it, a step in the right direction. Don't want to see more careers end like Pitkänen's.

Old
09-30-2013, 05:20 PM
Rust Heisenberg

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Blooded View Post
Zibanejad sent to the minors, Ottawa fans are considering revolution.

Some are speculating that it is all about his salary, $1.7M in the NHL, $70k in the AHL. Travis Yost reported a lot about Melnyk's financial troubles this summer.

Could be a waivers thing as well, Pageau and Da Costa require waivers, Zibanejad does not. Move Pageau/Da Costa to wing and waive Matt freaking Kassian instead, my god!

Both were high ranked prospects that were sent to the minors, Kreider for Zibanejad?
MDZ for Zibby. I still think Kreids is gonna be one of our best players when he comes around.

Been saying that above trade for months now. Someone get Glen on the phone with Murray immediately.

Old
09-30-2013, 05:24 PM
MugatuNYR
so hot right now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Blooded View Post
I like it, a step in the right direction. Don't want to see more careers end like Pitkänen's.
Remember the MDZ scare? I was at that game.

Old
10-01-2013, 01:08 AM
JeffMangum
not sure if HF or FB

vCash: 300
Season starts tomorrow.

Gonna catch the Montreal/Toronto game for sure.

#TannerGlass2014
SEEN YOUR VIDEO!
#SheWentToHarvard
Old
10-01-2013, 06:06 AM
Ail
k.

Fantasy lines set, locked and loaded. Will be watching Washington myself. It's time.

10-01-2013, 07:58 AM
Bullseyes

The season starts tonight! Can't wait for Washington/Chicago.

Old
10-01-2013, 08:34 AM
Trxjw
Retired.

Leafs set to extend Kessel with an 8 year, $64M deal per TSN.

Old
10-01-2013, 08:47 AM
SoftEuro4thLiner

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
Leafs set to extend Kessel with an 8 year, $64M deal per TSN.
Leafs fans seem to be happy. Am I the only one who thinks that this is massive overpayment for a guy who hasn't scored 40 once in his career? This contract pays him until he's 34, for a smallish skill player, that's an awful lot of time.
I realize the salary is going to climb and keep climbing, but damn, that's a ******** of money.

Old
10-01-2013, 08:58 AM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoftEuro4thLiner View Post
Leafs fans seem to be happy. Am I the only one who thinks that this is massive overpayment for a guy who hasn't scored 40 once in his career? This contract pays him until he's 34, for a smallish skill player, that's an awful lot of time.
I realize the salary is going to climb and keep climbing, but damn, that's a ******** of money.
As long as his production remains relatively consistent, it shouldn't be a bad deal. As you said, the cap will go up. It IS a lot of money, but Kessel is a great talent potentially entering his peak years.

Too bad he's such a ***** though.

It's just pain.
Old
10-01-2013, 09:09 AM
Trxjw
Retired.

If he can remain a 35+ goal, PPG winger, then it's not a bad deal. He is, however, notoriously inconsistent, and because of that he's going to get a lot of flack from the fan base when he inevitably hits a scoring drought. He's the epitome of a one-dimensional player, so he's going to need to keep putting points on the board to justify that deal.

Old
10-01-2013, 09:10 AM
frozenrubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoftEuro4thLiner View Post
I wouldn't build my team around Phil Kessel, but the money is "correct", and Toronto didn't want to chance him walking via free agency this summer. Agree with the amount or not, but he would of found an even bigger paycheck in free agency.

You see Corey Perry who is ~3 years older making 8.625 in his new 8 year deal.

I do wish 5 year maximum term was "the hill (the NHL) would die on..." 8 year contract lengths are insane and terrible for franchises.

Old
10-01-2013, 09:14 AM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Not happy about that. I guess it was inevitable. Just hope they don't overdo it...if it's close let the guys show some hustle.

Old
10-01-2013, 09:16 AM
NYR Viper

It's a good deal. Perry got more money, no?

Old
10-01-2013, 09:36 AM
pwoz

I cannot stop laughing about the Kessel contract. My coworkers must think I'm going crazy.

Old
10-01-2013, 09:38 AM
silverfish
Mr. Glass

...And why do people think the Islanders are going to finish ahead of the Rangers?

Quote:
#Isles lines at today's practice: Moulson-Tavares-Okposo; Martin-Nielsen-Bailey; Nelson-Regin-Bouchard; Boulton-Cizikas-McDonald
https://twitter.com/NYIslanders/stat...50083559223296

EDIT - Clutterbuck being injured hurts too. Where's Grabner?... but even so, that's a very top heavy team.

Old
10-01-2013, 10:01 AM
Tawnos
A guy with a bass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
If he can remain a 35+ goal, PPG winger, then it's not a bad deal. He is, however, notoriously inconsistent, and because of that he's going to get a lot of flack from the fan base when he inevitably hits a scoring drought. He's the epitome of a one-dimensional player, so he's going to need to keep putting points on the board to justify that deal.
True, but he is one of a dozen PPG players in the league, if there are really even that many. At least over the last two seasons. I see no reason that won't continue. The dollars are right, I think.

Closed Thread