HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Hall recalled from AHL (Oct. 1) [Gervais, Hall clear waivers; loaned to ADR, Sep. 30]

Old
10-01-2013, 09:45 AM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiesenberg View Post
Hey, the Flyers are under the cap, if Mesz shows he can play, the Flyers need to keep him.
I don't know, if Mez goes back to form of a couple years ago, I still think you trade him (unless they are planning on keeping him long-term, which I doubt). Flyers have a shot at the playoffs this year, but that's about it. Mez is on the way out of town one way or another if you ask me. If teams are interested, deal him. Roll with Gus then in free agency next year see what there is, or hope Morin or Haag is ready to make the jump. Now, if they are killing it near the deadline, that may be a different story, but I think that they will be fighting for a playoff spot, not fighting for the President's Trophy.

DrinkFightFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2013, 10:10 AM
RJ8812
Gunner Stahl #9

I'm still laughing at Holmgren waiving Hall instead of Rosehill

That guy actually thinks that a player as useless as Rosehill is more valuable to this team than Hall, and I'm not even trying to say that Hall is a big part of this team

Just goes to show you where Homer's head is at

Last edited by RJ8812: 10-01-2013 at 10:21 AM.
RJ8812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2013, 10:14 AM
RJ8812
Gunner Stahl #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
I don't know, if Mez goes back to form of a couple years ago, I still think you trade him (unless they are planning on keeping him long-term, which I doubt). Flyers have a shot at the playoffs this year, but that's about it. Mez is on the way out of town one way or another if you ask me. If teams are interested, deal him. Roll with Gus then in free agency next year see what there is, or hope Morin or Haag is ready to make the jump. Now, if they are killing it near the deadline, that may be a different story, but I think that they will be fighting for a playoff spot, not fighting for the President's Trophy.
Mez should be traded by the deadline at the latest. There's no way Homer thinks keeping him is the difference between us being a contender or not...or does he? No, I think that's Rosehill

RJ8812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2013, 10:16 AM
BillDineen

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ8812 View Post
Mez should be traded by the deadline at the latest. There's no way Homer thinks keeping him is the difference between us being a contender or not...or does he? No, I think that's Rosehill
I think Mez would have cleared waivers easily. Hopefully some team is desperate enough to cough up a pick at the deadline.

BillDineen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2013, 10:17 AM
OgbertTheNerd
what

Quote:

That guy actually thinks that as player a useless as Rosehill is more valuable to this team than Hall, and I'm not even trying to say that Hall is a bug part of this team

Yea, unless I'm missing something with the numbers, this was baffling. In the end, it was inconsequential, but Hall is a better hockey player than Rosehill. Maybe Holmgren was afraid someone would claim Rosehill.

Last edited by OgbertTheNerd: 10-01-2013 at 03:29 PM.
OgbertTheNerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2013, 10:26 AM
Curufinwe

Quote:

That guy actually thinks that a player as useless as Rosehill is more valuable to this team than Hall, and I'm not even trying to say that Hall is a big part of this team

I'm still laughing at people who were worried Hall was going to be claimed.

Just goes to show how clueless people are.

Curufinwe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2013, 10:35 AM
GoneFullHextall
Fire Berube

whew. Thank God the greatest 4th liner in hockey is back on our team

season saved.

GoneFullHextall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2013, 10:38 AM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:

Hall and Rosehill bring very different things to the table. Even though the "in" thing to say on these boards is that tough guys are useless and no one wants them, these guys continue to play a role on teams throughout the NHL. They may not be superstars, but teams like having a guy like that on the roster, even if they are sitting on the bench. Rosehill may or may not have been claimed, but Hall, a guy who has been waived almost as much as Michael Leighton was not in danger of being claimed in the opinion of the front office. People point to the waivers of Michael Leighton as a sign that he is poison and terrible and not worth anything, but Adam Hall has been waived three times is some sort of exception to that rule and his being waived so many times is just teams being stupid.

I know they are stupid and have no clue when it comes to these things, as is evident by the fact that he was claimed (oh wait, he wasn't).

DrinkFightFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2013, 10:56 AM
bennysflyers16

Quote:
Originally Posted by OgbertTheNerd View Post
Yea, unless I'm missing something with the numbers, this was baffling. In the end, it was non-consequential, but Hall is a better hockey player than Rosehill. Maybe Holmgren was afraid someone would claim Rosehill.
As dumb as it sounds, don't underestimate the so called need for enforcers around the league right now. Rosehill 100% plays tomm and he should, go on the ice and keep meatheads like Orr off the ice that will run our guys at every chance.

bennysflyers16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2013, 11:34 AM
Larry44
Flyers Tank Nation

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
Hall and Rosehill bring very different things to the table. Even though the "in" thing to say on these boards is that tough guys are useless and no one wants them, these guys continue to play a role on teams throughout the NHL. They may not be superstars, but teams like having a guy like that on the roster, even if they are sitting on the bench. Rosehill may or may not have been claimed, but Hall, a guy who has been waived almost as much as Michael Leighton was not in danger of being claimed in the opinion of the front office. People point to the waivers of Michael Leighton as a sign that he is poison and terrible and not worth anything, but Adam Hall has been waived three times is some sort of exception to that rule and his being waived so many times is just teams being stupid.
Let's face it, if only for the games vs. teams with goons, like Toronto, Rosehill probably won't play much. I would not be surprised to see Hall and Rosehill in the lineup vs. the Leafs, with Laughton sitting.

Homer did the right thing by waiving Hall. There is a risk Rosehill would be claimed, then you have to go out and get a goon. Hall's good, but he clearly wasn't in demand, which is great because I like him as a player.

Larry44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2013, 11:38 AM
Hiesenberg

Hasn't teams like Edmonton grabbing fighters up all year?

Hiesenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2013, 12:36 PM
Fragmuffin

Edmonton is really a unique team in that aspect... always trying to find more tough guys to protect the "young talent", they could have had some interest in Rosehill (think he would have ranked higher then Gazdic) but they'd probably be the only ones

Fragmuffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2013, 12:42 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor

Edmonton is apparently in some kind of Cold War with Vancouver, too.

10-01-2013, 01:51 PM
bennysflyers16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
Edmonton is apparently in some kind of Cold War with Vancouver, too.
Which I don't get, I don't think Kassian was intentional.

Adding Mcintyre solves nothing as there are maybe 2 guys in the NHL that will fight him.

bennysflyers16 is offline   Reply With Quote